Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Say It Like You Mean It ❯ Two Minds ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

disclaimer: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh, it's main concepts, ideas, or characters. I only own the character Yuka Yagami (me, lol) but I'm not sure if I should add her in this.

note: This is going to be my very first yaoi story, mainly Yugi/Yami, since I love them in that pairing. Please forgive me if it's a bit crappy. I've always dreamt of making a story like this, so here is a preview. R/R please, I need your opinion if I should add original characters to this yaoi fanfic or not.

Say It Like You Mean It - chapter 1: Two Minds

My thoughts are clouded as I sit here, alone in my toy-scattered soul room. Alone, I'm usually alone these days. Sometimes I like the feeling of being by myself. I can do anything I want, not embarrassing myself, not worrying about what other people would think of what I did. Then again. . .the loneliness can really get to me at times. Take for instance, what happened yesterday evening.

~ flashback ~

/Yugi. . ./

I covered my head with my pillow as I heard Yami call my name from inside his own soul room. "Uhhhhh. . ." I moaned as Yami tried harder to wake me up.

/Aibou./ Yami said mentally again, this time raising his voice. /Aibou, you have to get up now. You shouldn't be sleeping at a time like this. It's five PM./

"Ugh. . .fine, I'll get up." The Millenium Puzzle on my desk began to glow, I knew Yami was about to come out again. When he manifested himself physically in front of my bed he walked over to the wall and turned on the light. I sat up slowly and squinted my eyes, waiting for them to adjust to the light coming from the ceiling.

Yami stared at me with a concerned look in his crimson eyes. "Aibou. . .Why are you sleeping during the evening?"

I sat up slowly and gave him a sideways glance as I pushed away my bed sheets. "I don't know. Ever think that I just feel like it?" I shot back at his face. Yami showed no change of emotion when I snapped back. Still sitting in my bed, I rested against the wall, closing my eyes and sighing heavily.

Yami walked back to the bed and sat on the edge. "Yugi, are you alright? Did something happen to you earlier today?"

My mouth formed a small frown, showing I was annoyed by Yami's question. "No, nothing happened. I'm just fine."

"Are you sure? It doesn't look like you're fine." He reached over with his hand, brushed away the golden bangs covering my forehead and touched it gently. "It feels like you have a slight fever. Maybe you're sick or -"

I pulled my head out of Yami's reach and looked at him angrily. "What's wrong with you?! I said I'm fine! Perfectly fine! I'm not sick or anything! I'm just freaking tired okay?!" I crossed my arms and laid against the wall, avoiding Yami's stare.

"Aibou, don't do that." Was all Yami said. He moved so that he was sitting right beside me. He put a hand on my shoulder. Wanting to get away from him, I stood up and grabbed my jacket laying on the carpet. Yami looked at me as I put it on. "Where are you going? You shouldn't go outside with that fever."

"How many times do I have to tell you?" I barked as I stood up straight and zipped the jacket up. "I'm not freaking sick! I'm just real tired these days, okay?!" I opened the door and turned my back on him. "I'm going for a walk. Stay here until Grandpa comes back. Tell him I'll be here before curfew."

Yami stood up and outstretched his hand. "Aibou, you -" I slammed the door, cutting off Yami's words.

~ end flashback ~

I don't know why I acted like that yesterday. But I really was tired and had a fever, I just didn't want to admit it to him. Once I was out of the house I just roamed around the city, passing by Kaiba Corp. and Domino High. I came back home around dark, at nine o'clock. When I got back to my room I could see my bed was neatly made, the Millenium Puzzle sitting peacefully on my pillow. I could see Yami had fixed it after I left.

I'm still inside my soul room. It's the afternoon now, and I'm done all my homework. My mind and body are still exhausted, like they have been for the past few days. Yami and I haven't spoken to each other since yesterday, I hope I didn't hurt his feelings. After all, he's my dark; my friend for life.

Man, this thing is short. If I get enough of you people to R/R I'll continue it, and that means I need more reviews than my story Egypt, WHICH I STILL WANT PEOPLE TO REVIEW! More homework to do, so I'll come back to this in a while (unless you hate this ;_;). Ja ne, R/R PLEASE!