Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Say It Like You Mean It ❯ Two Souls ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Go to chapter 1 for the disclaimer, I'm too lazy right now. And hey, I got a whole lot of reviews! Just on the first day I put it up! Thank you to everyone that reviewed! I'm so happy now! ^_____^ Maybe I'll put my character in here somewhere. I'll put the next chappie up now! PLEASE R/R! AND I NEED MORE PEOPLE TO READ MY OTHER STORIES!!

This chapter's much longer, he he he. . .

Say It Like You Mean It - chapter 2: Two Souls

Yugi's been inside his soul room almost all day. Right now I'm watching him from outside his door; it's closed, but I can see the back of his head through a small crack . It seems like he's playing with one of his toys, a Dark Magician plushie. He looks so cute whenever he's playing, just like a small child filled with such innocence. My eyes narrow as I take a closer look at the miniature Duel Monster in Yugi's hands. I gasp when I realize that Yugi isn't lifting the toy up and down - he's strangling it and trying to tear its head off.

The Dark Magician's head was torn off with a soft ripping sound, the seams breaking and letting all this cotton stuffing spill out. Yugi stared blankly at his favorite monster plushie, which was now headless. He muttered a few words before throwing the broken toy at the wall, the damaged body landing beside what seemed to be an already decapitated Dark Magician Girl.

What on earth was Yugi doing? Why was he destroying the toys in his soul room, especially the toys that he cherished most? Something was definitely wrong. I took hold of the door handle and almost went in, but something stopped me. An almost unfamiliar sound, one that made me both sad and confused.

Yugi was crying.

Yugi was laying on his side, his back still turned on me. He had his legs pulled up to his chest. He wrapped his arms around them as his sobs racked his small body. I was glad I couldn't see the tears coming from his amethyst eyes and streaming down his face, I didn't want to. The last time I saw Yugi cry like this was so long ago. It was when Ushio still loved to harass him, and when his Grandpa was terribly ill. But Ushio is gone now, and his Grandpa is as well as ever, so why was he like this?

Suddenly I felt the door to Yugi's soul room begin to close slowly. It shut itself tight with a quiet click of the lock, and that was it. Yugi wanted to be by himself, that's why he closed the door with his thoughts. I didn't want to invade his privacy, so I walked away and headed to my soul room.

~ * ~

Yami awoke to the sound of Yugi's alarm clock the next day. He saw that his aibou was still asleep in his soul room, exhausted and still in the same position from when he was crying. The poor child had cried himself to sleep. Instead of separating from Yugi's body like he always did whenever he went to school, Yami took control of Yugi's body and got out of bed. He turned the alarm clock off and looked at it; it said 6:30.

"Aibou always wakes up at this time. . ." Yami muttered as he looked out the window. It was still cloudy, but the sun was rising slowly above the gray masses that covered the dark blue sky.

Having watched Yugi do this routine so many times, Yami knew it off by heart. First Yami got out the blue school uniform in Yugi's closet and the Millenium Puzzle then put them on. He then collected all of Yugi's schoolbooks and put them in his backpack. Once that and everything else was done he went downstairs to eat breakfast.

"Good morning, Yami. It's good to see you around the house again." Sugoroku greeted the taller version of his grandson as he came down the stairs. "How come you're coming down here instead of Yugi?"

Yami took a stool beside the kitchen counter and sat down. "Yugi was a bit tired from his homework." He lied as Sugoroku brought him his lunch in a brown paper bag. "He stayed up all night trying to finish his essay for history class."

"He did?" Sugoroku questioned curiously. When Yami nodded yes he looked a bit concerned. "My gosh, Yugi must me very tired right now then. Should I call the high school and tell them that Yugi can't come today?"

Shaking his head Yami stood up and put the lunch in the backpack. "No, there shouldn't be any need for that. I can go to school in Yugi's place."

Sugoroku opened the front door of the game shop for Yami. "Are you sure? Wouldn't Yugi's teachers notice the difference?"

"Probably not. We do look almost alike, don't we?" Yami smiled and put on his shoes. "Bye, Sugoroku-san." He walked down the steps and turned the corner.

When Yami was halfway to the school someone wearing the school's girl uniform ran up to him. The girl had straight black hair that reached her back and brown angular eyes similar to Yami's. When she finally caught up she looked at Yami and grinned. "Good morning, Yugi." The girl took a closer look at Yami and realized her mistake. "Oh, sorry Yami. I thought you were Yugi cause you never go to the school."

Yami walked steadily beside her as they started talking. "No, it's okay Yuka. I just thought I could go to school for Yugi since he's so tired right now."

Yuka gave him a sideways glance. "Really? Why is he so tired? Did something happen last night?"

"Nothing really." Yami lied again. "Something a bit personal. I'd rather not talk about it."

"Oh, okay. If you don't want to it doesn't bother me."

The two finally reached Domino High. They noticed a few more students at the front gates. When Yami saw that it was Kaiba, Jounouchi, and Ryou, the smile on his face faded. Yami disliked all of them very much now. For the past year they haven't made much contact with Yugi, as if they were ignoring him. By what Yugi had told Yami long ago, the only people he considered his friends were Yuka, Ceraya, Tsuki, Tasuki (a/n: different person not typo!), Sakura - and, of course - him.

"Hey peeps." Yuka greeted cheerfully to them. "Waz up?" Yami smiled to himself when she spoke. Yuka tried her best to treat everyone equally, she also tries to see from a different person's point of view if there's ever a major conflict.

Jounouchi eyed her from under his mass of blond hair (a/n: GIANT mass of blond hair, lol). "Eh, nothing much." He muttered casually. He didn't like Yuka, but he and everyone else liked her more than Yugi. "What about you?"

"Damn pissed at you, Jounouchi, that's what!" Yuka said, quickly changing moods. "You still owe me for helping you with your homework! And you stole something from my locker too! I want it back!" Yuka outstretched her hand and narrowed her eyes.

Jounouchi looked at her with a confused look. "What are you talking about, Yuka?" He questioned mockingly. "I never took anything from your locker. Maybe Yugi's, but not YOURS."

Yuka stomped on his foot with her platform shoes hard and made Jounouchi scream like a girl (ouch, that's gotta hurt. I did that to my friend once ^__~). "Give it back, Jounouchi!" she threatened menacingly. "Or do you want me to kick your ass? I can fight better than Ushio you know!"

Jounouchi whimpered and took something out of his backpack. He handed her the wallet and a binder, not wanting to get another beating from her. "Here, take the stupid thing."

Yuka examined her stolen items and smiled, happy that they weren't damaged. "Good boy, Jounouchi. Just make sure you don't touch my stuff again."

"Don't worry, I won't." Jounouchi smiled and put his hands behind his head. "Besides, your wallet was empty and your stories are crap. I don't wanna keep either one of them."

Yami stepped back when Yuka glared at Jounouchi again. "What was that about my stories?!"

Ryou tapped his friend on the shoulder. "Um, Jounouchi. . .you shouldn't have said that."

"I said, YUKA. . ." Jounouchi began, not listening to Ryou's warning, "YOU'RE STORIES ARE CRAP! Ha ha ha ha ha!"

Yami, Ryou, and Kaiba cringed when Yuka kicked him in the head. Jounouchi landed on the ground with a big red mark on his face shaped like the side of Yuka's shoe.

~ * ~

They still don't talk to Yugi. Today at the high school they barely even talked to me, although they knew who I was. Jounouchi and Honda made this joke about going over to Yugi's house and beating him up, but me and Yuka prevented them from taking that joke any farther. Ryou gave a friendly `hi' during lunch and math class, but Miho poked him in the shoulder each time, stopping him from saying anything else. Anzu made a small conversation about homework and how stupid the teacher looked today, her voice didn't show any interest though.

It seems like no one cares about my aibou anymore. We've all grown so cold and distant to each other, but the question is why. Why aren't we close friends like before, during all those times when we needed each other most? I wish I could answer that question myself, but I can't. I don't know the answer. We're all going our separate ways in life now.

~ * ~

Someone called Tsuki on her private line a week later during the evening. Tsuki picked up the phone in her room as she was finishing up homework on her bed. "Hello?"

"Hi, Tsuki." Yugi said in a depressed voice. "I need to talk to you about something real important."

Tsuki rolled onto her back and looked up at the ceiling. "Hi Yugi, anything I guess. Just spit it out."

"I need your help. I think it's time."

Tsuki gasped and dropped the book in her hand. It fell to the floor with a thump. She took in a deep breath. "Yugi. . .you can't be serious. I thought you gave up on this idea."

"I did at first, but I changed my mind. I need them."

"But. . ." Tsuki glanced over at her bureau in the corner of her room. Her dark eyes fell on the small container hiding at the top behind a Duel Monsters figurine. "No, I shouldn't give them to you. There's absolutely no need for them."

"Yes there is." Yugi argued back. "You never used them, and if you don't want me to you shouldn't have told me about them."

Tsuki sat up as she grew more upset. "But Yugi! I never used them because I understood completely! Don't make me do this!"

"I don't care what you think, Tsuki, cause I'm doing it anyway! This is my choice and my life so you can just but out in making any decision about this!" Yugi sighed and lowered his voice before continuing. "Bring it over to my house before eight. And come in through the back door, I don't want Grandpa or Yami knowing about this. Bye." He hanged up on Tsuki, leaving her with hurt feelings.

`Oh god, how did it come to this?' Tsuki thought as she stood up and walked over to her bureau. She reached up for the bottle at the top and brought it down. `Yugi. . .I hope you change your mind about this. . .' Tsuki grasped the bottle tightly in her hands and held it close to her heart as tears appeared at the corner of her eyes. `Because if you don't. . .Yami will never forgive me. . .' Tsuki fell to her knees and began to cry.

It sounds very depressing, doesn't it? I like most of my stories this way so whatever. So it looks like Yugi's about to do something drastic, O__O what will Yami do to try and stop him once - or if - he finds out? R/R PLEASE! Tell me what you think! And if I get enough reviews I'll add in some REAL yaoi material! Hey, I need people to review my story Egypt! I'll go back to it once I come up with new ideas! Ja ne!