Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Stranger of the Duel ❯ Everything is All Screwed Up ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Okay y'all know I don't own Yugioh. If you seriously think I do… you're stupid. Sorry, you just are.

Note: If you couldn't tell, I'm a little bored with writing my disclaimers. This chapter is going to be a series of short vignettes, ok? The paragraphs look longer in Word…they'll probably look short and stupid on MM. Heh…

Everything is All Screwed Up

Seto pulled up to Bakura's house. Lights were on inside; people were home. Good. This should be effortless. He walked up to the door and pressed a long finger to the white doorbell, then dusted some non-existent dust off his cuffs.

***

DIIIIING-DOOOOONNNG

***

Cali jerked, surprised, just as Bakura was about to touch her face in a smirking kiss. He backed up, muttering and cursing under his breath. He got up and stumbled out of the room, kicking the floor and random objects in his bedroom, cursing louder whenever he stubbed his toe.

He went into another room, to check the outdoor security camera. Kaiba. Damn. Maybe if I don't answer he'll go away. He went back to his room, surprised to see that Cali hadn't tried to escape.

"Who is it?"

"No one… probably just some kids pulling a prank… Now where were we?"

***

All right, so he's not going to open the door… I guess I'll just have to let myself in… Kaiba pulled his little lock-pick out of his pocket and proceeded to twist it into the lock. It clicked neatly and Seto slipped silently into Bakura's home.

***

Bakura pressed his mouth forcefully against Cali's, a rough sensation new to her. She decided she didn't like it. He captured her lips with a vengeance, seemingly compensating for… something. Cali didn't know, but maybe Calliope did. Cali lost control of her body and became passive, unable to deny Bakura without surely being returned to Talon. She tried to keep her mind on Seto throughout all of this though, convinced she could keep their love strong. Bakura sensed she wasn't mentally there and promptly bit down on her lip, almost drawing blood. Reflexively she swung an arm around and slapped him hard in the face. He backed away and raised an eyebrow, looking pointedly at his cell phone lying on the bed, a slight, smirking smile forming on his face.

"Sorry," she said, looking at the floor.

"Shall we try this again?" Bakura asked in his light's accent, gingerly poking at the red mark on his face.

Calliope, this doesn't feel right…Just do it… you don't have to go all the way… But-

Suddenly, Cali's perception heightened; she was more aware of everything around her, an ability she suspected belonged to Calliope as a Muse. She could see every leaf on the tree outside, feel every one of Bakura's breaths as if they were full-blown breezes, smell his ancient, spicy, exotic scent that was in his very skin, and most importantly, hear the hesitant creaks of footsteps outside the bedroom.

Bakura had already slipped his hands around her waist and was moving in for another kiss. Better not keep him waiting, Cali; he might just change his mind…Hurry up! Cali decided not to disappoint him; she really didn't want him calling Talon and dropping her off in those awful dungeons. She wrapped her arms around his neck and held on for balance as waves of his passionate kisses overtook her.

Seto opened the door, the only one that had light shining through from under it. Bakura had left it unlocked when he had gone to the other room. What Seto saw in the room shocked him. Cali was positively lip-locked with Bakura! What's more, they were really going at it; Seto had never kissed her like that, and she had never responded to his touches with such fervor. We've been together- what- one day? And already she does this to me?

"Cal, wha-what are you doing?!"

Cali broke apart from Bakura abruptly and they both stood.

"Seto, it's not what you think!"

So this is why she didn't want to be trusted…

"I'm sorry, Mr. Kaiba; does she belong to you?"

Cali scowled at Bakura, Bakura scowled at Kaiba, Kaiba scowled at Cali; what a mess.

"Not anymore," Seto growled softly, and turned to leave.

"Good, because she was just about to give herself to me, the little whore…"

Kaiba couldn't stand that and blew up, angry and fiery as hell. He crossed the room in his rage, punching Bakura in the face, stomach -anywhere he could get in- kicking him in the shins, aiming for his- Cali could see that Seto had lost control; he'd lost his composure. Surely he'd kill Bakura if she didn't stop him! She ran over and threw herself between them, Calliope screaming in the back of her mind, amidst the yells, growls, and general sounds of the fight into which Cali'd just dived. To teichos! To teichos!

Seto's arm came swinging around, rage blinding him to the point where he couldn't even see that Cali had joined. His fast was strong and knuckles sharp; their sheer force together probably could have torn a hole through the wallpapered wall. It wasn't aimed toward the wall though; it was aimed for Bakura's face. Of course, this is where Cali had chosen to step into the fray, right into the punch's line of fire. She was facing Bakura's trying to restrain him when she whipped her head around and saw Kaiba's fist right in front of her eyes and moving closer quickly. She kept hearing Calliope screaming in her head: To teichos! And Seto punched her.

But she didn't feel it. She was numb. She was standing with her arms spread wide and legs a shoulder's width apart, shielding Bakura with herself. Seto's fist had made contact, but hadn't moved an eyelash; instead, its impact had seemingly resounded onto itself. She was hard as, well, a brick wall, her spell's ancient Greek translation. Cali was glowing slightly; a translucent whitish color seemed to glimmer on her skin and shine out of her head; it began to fade now that the spell had no more use.

This woke Kaiba out of his stupor. He just stared at Cali. She's … What… magic…? His fist had been held up, prepared for another punch, but he slowly dropped it to his side again.

Cali's eyes were brimming with tears, uncharacteristically.

"Seto…"

In contrast, Seto's eyes were filled with a strange combination of betrayal, distrust, disappointment, anger, bravery, love, and a hint of fear [a/n: it's a recipe!].

"What is …"

"Magic, Seto."

"You-"

"You mean you didn't TELL him?!" Bakura interrupted. "How many more secrets do you think she's keeping, Kaiba, old boy?"

"Who are you?!" Seto looked back at Cali.

"Seto, it's me. I'm still me…"

"You…with him…"

"No! Seto, just listen to me-"

"You'd rather protect him than me! What do you have to say to that?!"

"I didn't think you needed the protection," Cali said, half-smiling sheepishly.

"Why did you come here?" Seto asked, beginning to calm down.

"He kidnapped me! He works for Talon!"

"Bakur-oh, well, you were here anyway so you just decided `oh, what the hell, I'm bored so I'll just make out with him?!'"

"No…!"

"You could've used some of this…this magic to resist him, you know."

"I couldn't…he'd attack me."

"Oh, of course, Miss Scizoran."

The tears overflowed when he called her that; now he wouldn't even refer to her by her name.

"Seto…don't…"

"You never cared for me at all. I was just someone for you to have a little fun with."

"No, Seto-"

"I know I'm right. God, I opened myself up to you, and what happens? You just play me like a good card, like the ace that could win you the game."

"Seto… no."

"I don't want anything to do with you." With that, he stormed out the house, slamming every door behind him. Cali flopped over onto Bakura's bed, crying her eyes out.

Bakura touched her shoulder gently, trying to comfort her a little [a/n: he's not ALL bad], but she pushed him away.

"Just take me to Talon."