Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Stranger of the Duel ❯ A Visit to Domino Hotel ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER:I don't own Yugioh or any of it's characters. I only own my OC. Thoughts are italicized

The Visit to Domino Hotel

The Kaiba brothers made their way to Cali's hotel. Seto was still disgruntled; (in the last chap I made a little face but it didn't come out) he didn't want Cali to see him so soon after he made such a snob of himself in front of Yugi. He only hoped she had forgotten about the incident already.

Mokuba knocked on the door to Cali's room. I hope this works…

"Oh hi, Mokuba!" Cali said, opening the door. Seto stepped in front of the doorway; she hadn't seen him.

"Mokuba wanted to thank you for helping him the other day," he said.

"It was no problem, Mokuba! Please come in!"

They all went into the smallish hotel room. There was just room for a full sized bed, dresser, and small bathroom. She went to the tiny refrigerator to get her guests some drinks.

"Cali, why do you live in a hotel?" Mokuba asked.

"Mokuba!" Seto exclaimed.

"It's ok, Seto. I haven't found any place to live yet, Mokuba."

"You can have my room, Cali!" (kids say the darndest things…)

"Uh…I don't think your brother would like that…"

"Seto! Please? I want her to live with us!"

By this time, Cali was blushing furiously and Seto was just surprised at Mokuba's behavior. Mokuba: How can he say no?

"Um, Cali?" Seto asked her.

"Well, it would be very generous of you…"

"I guess that settles it then…um. ! I have to take this call." Seto responded, while whipping out a cell phone. He walked to the corner of the room, as not to disturb Cali and Mokuba.

"Big brother, your phone didn't ring."

"Uh…it's on vibrate."

So Seto just stayed in the corner holding a fake conversation. (He's not very good at getting out of embarrassing situations in this fic) Mokuba helped Cali pack up her things, while Seto (actually) called for the driver to pick them up.

Once arrived at the Kaiba mansion, Mokuba rushed off, saying he needed to finish a project, or something….I hope they buy it! It was a kind of lame excuse… He left Seto to show Cali to a room, and to give her a tour of the house.

"I'll take those for you," Seto said, taking her suitcases from her.

"Thanks!" she positively beamed. Kaiba: This was a bad idea!

Seto took her upstairs to one of the guest bedrooms. It was much bigger than her puny hotel room.

"You can have this one, Cali. It has it's own bathroom."

"This is great!"

"…Probably smaller than those of which you're accustomed, but it's our best guest room."

"No, it's fine, Seto. Anything's better than that hotel room."

"Well…we're down the hall, right on the end if you need anything. Mokuba is on the right and I have the left."

"Okay. I'll just unpack…"

"I think I have some work to do…" and Seto hightailed it out of there. Cali: This is so nice of Seto…I'm sure this is a very strange situation…business associates, living together…

Mokuba sneaked (quite stealthily, actually) into Cali's room while she was in the closet. It wasn't excessively small, but not humongous, either. The door was heavy and always shut, so it was easy for Mokuba to go up and lock the door. Phase Two…he thought, hiding under the bed.

Seto: Cali's been up there a long time. She only had two bags…She's probably too shy to come out. I'll go see if she's hungry…

"Cali?" Seto asked, knocking on the door. When there was no response, he slowly opened it, and entered the room. Where is she? He saw the light from the closet on, and went to turn it off. Cali was sitting in the corner.

"What are you-" Seto started to say. Suddenly, someone (Mokuba, duh) pushed him into the closet from behind, and locked the door!

"Let us out!"

"Seto!"

"It must have been Mokuba. He's a real practical joker…" What is he up to? He's not normally like this…

"Oh, well, I hope he lets us out soon."

"So do I."

They both just sat there, side by side, in the closet, talking for a long time. They really got to know each other. Kaiba made his first friend. Cali was really trying not to make friends, but she couldn't really help herself. She's so nice…and beautiful. Cali: At school, Yugi made Seto seem like a real jerk, but he's really not. I…I like him a lot, like no one before… They both grew drowsy, and Cali laid her head on his shoulder, accidentally. He leaned on her, as well, and they fell asleep.

Seto woke up first. What is she doing? What was I doing? We must have fallen asleep… He gently shook her until she woke up. When she did, she lifted her head to his level (they were about the same height) and for the first time, Seto could see her real eyes. Normally they seemed a little shrouded, colder, as if trying to stay distant from everyone, but now, in the moment she awoke, her eyes opened like windows right to her soul.

Kaiba couldn't help himself. He leaned down, and touched his lips to hers. She responded sweetly; just one kiss. Then they both blushed, and tore away from each other, staying at opposite ends of the closet, of course not making eye contact. He'd never allowed anyone so close as to kiss, and neither had Cali. Maybe it was because of their many similarities their attraction was so strong. There was no really denying it anymore.

"Big brother, where are you?" Mokuba's voice wafted out from the hall.

"Mokuba! Let us out!"

"What happened to you, Seto?" Mokuba asked, opening the door.

"Like you don't know…Cali had to spend the night in the closet!"

"Um, I think I'll go freshen up…" she said, escaping to the bathroom.

Mokuba simply grinned and ran out of the room.

My sneaky little brother! I can't believe he knew before I did!

The rest of the day passed without event; both CEOs managed to avoid each other pretty much all day; excepting meals.