Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Revenge ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sweet Revenge

Summary: After Joey’s girlfriend, Carla dumps him for Seto; Joey stumbles across Ryou being mugged and learns that he’s a girl! Seto can’t stand Carla, but finds Ryou interesting. How does Mai fit into all of this?

Pairings: Seto/Ryou, Hinted; Joey/Mai

Disclaimer: I don’t own the Anime Yu-Gi-Oh! or any character associated. I do own Carla Whitmore. She is an original character and all likeness to people living or dead is purely coincidental. This character is not based on anyone else’s character design, again if any likeness, it’s purely coincidental.

Warnings: Female!Ryou. The use and introduction of a female Original Character. Any fans of OCs and OC pairings should leave now. Anti-OC pairings and blatant bashing of my own character. I created her; I can do what I want with her. And I plan to. A bit of character bashing on the OC’s behalf and a few swear words, but nothing over the top. Set after Yami is sent to the afterlife, so no Yamis in the story. And Seto goes to school.

-

Chapter 5:

Stalking through the dimly lit streets while muttering darkly under her breath about incompetent males, Carla made her way to the apartment complex that Joey was currently living in. She could not believe that Joey still had her math book, and that she actually had to go over to his apartment to retrieve it! It was like a desperate attempt on his behalf for them to reconcile or something.

As if that was going to happen; he was dreaming. She was moving onto better and bigger things with her life. Things that didn’t involve him.

Gwad, was that relationship a mistake she was going to regret for the rest of her life.

Pushing past a small group of people, Carla stormed into the elevator and angrily punched the button for Joey’s floor. She then folded her arms over her chest and leaned against the back wall, glaring at people as they got on.

“What the fuck are you looking at?” she asked one particular young woman who was looking as her with an expression of distain. The women, however, intimidated by her presence, merely looked away and stepped off the next floor.

Finally, the lift reached her floor she wanted and she stepped out, spinning around to glare at the people in the elevator as she was certain she heard one of them sigh in relief that she was leaving.

How fucking rude?! Even the people in this building are like Joey; arrogant and judgemental.

Becoming more and more annoyed, Carla gritted her teeth and quickly made her way to Joey’s apartment, banging loudly on the door to get his attention, and letting him know that she was utterly displeased with him at the moment, making her come all the way here. She was also letting him know that he better not try anything funny like raping her or something like that; it was officially over between them. He just had to accept that fact.

The door quickly flew open with a sense of urgency and Joey stood there, an expression of shock on his face. However, that shock quickly turned into anger when he realized just who was at his door. “What the hell are you doing here?” he asked, in no mood to deal with her, especially after tending to Ryou’s wounds enough for her to take a shower without too much discomfort.

Carla was mildly surprised by her less than welcoming greeting and quickly returned the look of anger with one of her own. “I’ve come to get my math book you stole, you jackass!” she snarled at him. “As if I wanted to see your ugly mug again!”

“What is your problem?” Joey found himself asking as he was inwardly appalled by Carla’s behaviour. But then again, this type of outburst was a common thing with her.

Pity he only just realized it.

Suddenly, a soft voice broke through the tension between the two warring teens and a moment later Ryou appeared, a white towel wrapped around her thin frame, folding easily to the feminine curves of her body. Her hair hang down around her back and shoulders, damp and clinging to her skin as the snowy white bangs framed her face. Two large dole like eyes peered out through the bangs, a dark dusting of pink gracing her cheeks as she leaned against the wall with one hand as the other held onto the knot of her towel tightly.

“Er, Joey?” she muttered in embarrassment at having to do something like this. She entered the bathroom without a set of clothes to change into and when she tried to get his attention through the bathroom door, he didn’t hear her. “I need some clothes – oh!”

Blushing madly while looking utterly guilty, Ryou took a step back when she realized that the front door was open and that Carla, Joey’s girlfriend, was standing there looking in. How utterly scandalous her appearance must be.

Carla’s eyes almost bludged out of her head in shock. There was a half naked girl in Joey’s apartment, using his shower and asking for a set of clothes? That bastard was two-timing her!

“Who the fuck is that?!” she demanded as she pointed at the strange girl.

Joey flailed for a moment, his mind reeling at what was happening. He wanted to deny everything, tell her that it wasn’t what it looked liked, but he stopped. Why should he explain to her what was going on? They weren’t together anymore and she was only using him in the first place, so why should she care if he had a girl in his apartment or not.

“Er...heh, you know, you were right,” Joey said as Carla snapped her attention to him, her eyes blazing with indignantly and anger. “I’ll never find a girl like you again. And I never want to.”

Carla found herself unable to reply to that due to the shock at the audacity of Joey moving on so quickly. Instead, she found herself turning around and fleeing, forgetting about her math book. She bolted back to the lift, only to run into a slightly older blonde woman, dressed in a short purple skirt, a white corset and a purple sleeveless jacket.

“Hey, watch where you’re going!”

“You watch where you’re going, you blonde-haired slut!” Carla immediately yelled as she rapidly pushed the lift button, hoping to get out of this god-forsaken place quickly.

However, instead of being in awe of her wit or stinging from the truth of her insult, the blonde-haired woman merely rolled her eyes and sighed wearily. Mai had come to visit Joey as she hadn’t seen him for a while, not get into an altercation with a clearly egotistical young teen.

Being blonde and wearing a skirt did not automatically make her a slut.

“Not another emo goth who thinks the world doesn’t appreciate how special she is?” she muttered under her breath. “You really need to get that head out of your ass there, sweetie.”

Mai suddenly pushed Carla into the lift as it opened and pressed all the floor buttons before stepping out and winking at her. “You just might see things a bit more clearly.”

Carla’s eye widen at what that blonde-haired woman just did and turned to look at her in disbelief. “What?”

“Sorry, sweetie,” Mai said as the doors began to close on her. “But no one can out-sass me. So don’t even try.”

With that said Mai then flicked a strand of blonde hair over her shoulder and walked down the hall. She glanced at a piece of paper in her hand, a small note written in Ryou’s neat handwriting, telling her the location of Joey’s new address. However, as she grew closer, she heard two distinct and familiarly accented voices; one British and soft, the other inconsistent with a Brooklyn accent.

What was Ryou doing at Joey’s?

Suddenly, Mai stopped dead in her tracks, her blue eyes widening in utter surprise as she took in the sight before her. Ryou, wrapped in a towel from the chest down was apologizing repeatedly to Joey, who in turn was trying to tell her repeatedly that everything was alright and she didn’t need to be sorry.

The two of them then seemed to realize that they had another visitor and turned to face her, shock and embarrassment marring their own faces.

“Mai!” Ryou yelped and clutched the towel tighter against her chest.

“You’re...a girl?” Mai whispered softly as she continued to stare.

-----------------------------------

Standing at the counter, waiting for his coffee to be made, Seto folded his arms over his chest and continued to think quietly to himself. He can’t seemed to shake that unnerving feeling of wanting to have a good old chat with the two lowly delinquents from school for attacking Ryou the way they did.

He still wasn’t sure where this feeling stemmed from as his mind, usually well disciplined in pointing out the facts, seeming unable to focus on anything other than the image of Ryou covering in dirt and scraps as he clung to the Mutt’s back, offering him a small smile of reassurance.

Running a hand over his face, Seto began tapping his fingers on the counter in front of him, waiting impatiently for his coffee. He really needed some caffeine in his system; all these unknown and foreign thoughts were giving him a major headache.

“Seto!”

Seto had to literally stop himself from bashing his head repeatedly on the counter at the realization of that familiarly irritating voice. Great, as if he wanted to deal with anymore shit right now.

It took all of Seto’s will power not to turn around and yell out ‘what the fuck now?’ at the top of his lungs and look exasperated at the raven-haired-with-red-tips young woman as their chat that afternoon in the hall seemed to have not sunk into that thick head of hers at all. That reaction, though appropriate at this point in time, would have been completely out of character for him and he didn’t want to give her the satisfaction that she was getting under his skin.

And not in a good way at all.

He had better things to do and to think about then waste his time conversing with her.

Maybe he should forsake his beloved coffee and make a break for it?

“Seto...”

Too late, she already caught him. Dammit, by the whiny tone in her voice, she must have had a fight with Joey or one of his friends. She will now sigh dramatically and then fall into a long-winded story about how she has to put up with so much with Joey and how he never seemed to appreciate her.

She was a special little snowflake who deserved the love and admiration by everyone around her, you see. She was loved by all males and the object of jealousy of many of the girls. She was beautiful, powerful, mysterious and alluring; she was the centre of the universe, no one was greater than her.

Yeah, she was that special...

It was nauseating to say the least.

Carla finally reached him and slipped in to stand next to him, her eyes hidden under his raven bangs. She sniffled pathetically, her face uncharacteristically downcast for once. “Joey and I broke up,” she whispered softly.

And? Seto wanted to ask what it had to do with him; he could care less. He never liked the union between them in the first place, as he didn’t like Carla the moment he laid eyes on her. Hopefully, though, now that Carla has broken up from the Mutt, she’ll stop using the excuse that she was Joey’s girlfriend and that he should be nice to her.

Then again, she’ll just scream at him that she was Joey’s ex-girlfriend and that he should be a bit more sympathetic.

There had to be a way short of murdering with his own two hands to get her to understand that he absolutely detests her. There was no love-hate relationship between them at all. It was all hate on his part, and growing stronger every day.

“About time the Mutt grew some brains,” Seto commented, not once even glancing in her direction, even though she was standing right next to him. He didn’t know why she was here; looking for comfort perhaps? Well, she better look elsewhere.

Carla bristled for a moment at his comment and curled her hands into fists by her sides. “I dumped him. He was hardly the best boyfriend material,” she muttered, acting like an innocent victim, while making Joey out as the bad guy, regardless of her actually being the one to terminate the relationship.

It was common knowledge after all that when a relationship falls apart it was because the guy wasn’t putting enough effort into it. It was never the girl’s fault.

“Good,” Seto said as he finally received his coffee and abruptly began leaving the cafe, Carla trailing behind him. “You put him out of his misery.”

Carla found herself gritting her teeth in annoyance at Seto’s lack of understanding and suddenly stuck her nose in the air with a sense of defiance. “I never liked him that much anyway,” she said. “I’m glad that I’m no longer dating Wheeler, aren’t you?”

Seto still refused to even look at her. “Definitely a cause of celebration,” he muttered, his voice just laden with sarcasm.

The anger and frustration was really starting to eat Carla up inside and she finally released it with a growl of anger. “Can you believe that not an hour after our break up, he had a girl with snow white hair and big brown eyes in his apartment, half naked! That cheater!”

Seto, however, seemed unfazed by her outburst and continued walking, hoping against hope that if he ignored her, she’ll go away. “Technically, you broke up with him, so that’s not cheating.”

Wait-a-minute....

A girl with snow white hair and big brown eyes...with the mutt? But the only person he saw with Joey as he headed into his apartment was Ryou and he was clinging to his back. Sure, he might look a little feminine...could she have mistaken him for a girl. Or...

Seto almost dropped his coffee at the sudden thought.

No, that can’t be right. There is no way that kind of situation happened in real life, right? A girl disguising herself as a guy for some reason? It was something out of those romance novels his middle aged accountant liked to read in her breaks. She was always squealing over how romantic and sweet they were. It was a good thing she was talented at what she did...

But then again, he had been through some very twisted shit since he was born into this world, so anything was possible.

Besides, what he could get out of the Mutt’s earlier ramblings was that he kept slipping up, calling Ryou either her or she, and he had never been good at hiding anything.

How interesting...

“Seto! Are you even listening to me, you jerk?!” Carla yelled with a look of sheer annoyance on her face. “I’ve just been through a bad break up, and you’re ignoring me? Show some heart, you asshole!”

Seto rolled his eyes and abruptly turned around, facing her with a glare that could have frozen lava on the spot. “Why the hell are you following me anyway?”

Carla physically reeled back at his harsh question, surprised that he was less than sympathetic to her plight. He was suppose to take her into his arms and comfort her, telling her that she could do so much better and then ask that he’d be the one to take her pain away.

Instead, he was actually harsh, yet indifferent to her. “Shouldn’t you be a little bit upset about the ending of my relationship?” she asked, mildly livid that this conversation was not heading in the direction she wanted.

He could have at least offered to make things right, like roughing Joey up for hurting her or something like that. “I want to make Joey pay for that.”

However, Seto simply raised an eyebrow at her. “Make him pay for moving on?”

“I know something that would make him really mad,” Carla said as she folded her arms under her bust and a smirk played out across her lips. “Why don’t we pretend we’re dating to annoy him? It’s sure to work!”

There was a moment of silence between and the smirk on Carla’s lips grew, realizing that Seto was most likely considering her proposal very carefully.

But then Seto started to laugh. Not the ‘I think that’s a great idea’ kind of laugh, either. It was the pitying laugh that silently screamed that she was a deluded idiot for even suggesting such a thing!

“Now, why would I need to pretend to date some egotistical, domineering hussy like you to get back at the Mutt?” Seto asked after he caught his breath. It was official; Carla here was a demented, disillusioned young woman who actually thought the world revolved solely around her.

How pathetic.

“I’m above such pettiness; I don’t pretend to be anyone or anything,” Seto stated, his expression quickly turning serious, having very little patience left to deal with this brat a moment longer. “And I most certainly would not pretend to date you.”

Carla was stunned by Seto’s admission and she gaped at him, shocked that he didn’t agree with her. In fact, he laughed in her face!

That wasn’t a part of her plan. He was supposed to agree with her, they start acting all cute and loving in front of Joey, making him insanely jealously to the point where he would try to win her back. That would then bring out Seto’s protective side and try to do whatever was in his power to make sure that Joey would not be able to get anywhere near her. Seto would then whisk her away into his home for protection after learning of her home life with her abusive mother. He would then admit, in a very cute and sweet moment either on the couch together or in her newly appointed room, that he always had feelings for her and that no matter what happens, he will always be there for her. They would then fall into each other’s arms and make sweet love where they will whisper ‘I love you’ to each other in a very drawn out and romantic moment.

Seto was not supposed to out-rightly turn her down, calling her such vile and untrue names like he did!

“But-”

Taking a menacing step forward to loom over her in a very intimidating way, Seto narrowed his eyes in a fearsome glare, his icy blue eyes shocking her to the core. His posture was tense and tall, his current expression hard and serious.

Seto had met and dealt with some stubborn people before in his life, but no one, not even the Big Five, angered him to the point of wanting to smash something like Carla did. She was the pinnacle of self-obsessed, attention seeking, tantrum throwing, immature people he has ever seen.

It was a miracle that the Mutt put up with her for as long as he did. He must be a Martyr or something. No one deserved this kind of egotistical torment.

“Get it through your head, you moronic piece of street grime; I do not like you,” Seto said with the harshest, coldest voice he could muster, which was not a hard task in the slightest; Carla was far too troublesome and annoying, she could provoke a reaction out of a saint.

“You are nothing but an irritant to me,” he continued, venting some of his frustrations and revealing the inner truths. “I do not find that attitude of yours appealing in any way, shape or form. In fact, I find you to be an immature pest.”

Although saying those words felt so good, Seto knew that they would not deter Carla here from pestering him again. She was a deranged and brainless fangirl after all.

“Now, run along, little girl,” Seto continued as he made a mocking shooing motion with his hand. “You’ve got a lot of growing up to do.”

Carla could do nothing but stand there, shocked by what just happened. She couldn’t believe it, she just couldn’t. Seto just turned her away...just like that. He insulted her, laughed at her and mocked her; how could he do something like that to her?!

She felt tears sting in her eyes as she slowly backed away, shaking her head at him in disbelief at how bad her day was turning out to be. She then turned on her heel and bolted away, running quickly, her long raven hair and red ringlets trailing behind her in her haste.

Seto watched her leave before heaving a large sigh of relief and continued on his own journey to his car.

Hmm, no insult? Must have gotten through her thick head this time. Seto then snorted, doubtful of that. Carla was as stubborn as she was irritating, which was almost inhuman. She’ll be back, as trying as ever.

And people wondered constantly why Seto was so anti-social.

Slipping into the seat of his car, Seto turned his gaze back to the apartment building he saw Joey and Ryou enter moments earlier, his interest peaking again as the image of the young Brit appeared in his mind.

Ryou as a girl, huh? Maybe that was what he was hiding from him. This called for more investigating.