Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Synthetic ❯ The cross ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Seto groaned in his sleep, his hands moved through the empty side of his bed as if desperately trying to find the warmth of the missing body.

Slowly, one deep blue eye opened followed by the other groggily. Seto sat up and stretched, he glanced at his side and blinked

"Huh………?" he grumbled "Oh bugger…….."

Seto felt like he had just discovered the worst hangover in history, his memory of last night swirled through his banging head.

He blinked when he gained back his senses; he then noticed something on floor and leaned over to grasp it.

There, in his palm, was a small silver necklace in the shape of a cross with a deep crimson coloured ruby in the centre; it was lovely.

"How did this get here?" he asked himself

He saw something engraved on the cross and squinted his eyes tightly to read it, `Yami' it simply said causing Seto's eyes to widen.

"Shit! Yami?" he glanced around again and realised he must have left earlier.

Seto sighed and crawled out of bed to have a shower and dress.

Once fully dressed in his usual attire, Seto picked the cross back up and tenderly placed it in his pocket.

He then left to go on another hunt for the dark angel.

Seto had hoped to return the cross back to Yami at the club but found, to his disappointment, he wasn't there.

A week passed and Seto still hadn't had any luck in slaying the dark angel or finding Yami.

Walking up the path, with his eyes lowered in depression, Seto bumped into someone he wished he hadn't.

"Why hello Kaiba!" Marik smirked, "You seem blue…….no luck with slaying the dark angel? Oh my, has the great Seto Kaiba lost his touch!?"

Seto glared at him, "Fuck off Marik, I'm busy." He replied, trying to walk away.

Marik followed, "Bad day? Mmm……..you get a lot of those, don't you?" he said

"You haven't killed it yet either, no one has." Seto growled

"Arr, but I'm getting closer." Marik grinned, "Just takes time is all."

Seto snorted, "Whatever." He muttered

"Hey, what's that in your pocket?" Marik asked, noticing the silver chain hanging out.

Seto pulled it out quickly before Marik might decide to, "Just a cross," he answered

Marik glanced at it, "Indeed," he replied

Seto frowned, "Marik?" he asked

Marik took a step backwards away from the cross quickly, "You'll have to excuse me Kaiba, I to am now busy." He smiled, "Good day……."

Marik then turned and walked off in the other direction; Seto shook his head and continued going the opposite way, towards the church.

The church stood tall and proud as Seto walked by its door, he hadn't come to hunt today, he had to speak to Yami.

He had intended to go to the vicarage but stopped when he heard someone singing from inside the church.

The singing was sweet and beautiful, whoever was singing had a strong voice but still seemed to sound gentle.

As Seto listened he found he couldn't move. It was like the person's voice was putting him in a paralysing trance, he felt like a cobra to a snake charmers flute.

There was something strange about it, but Seto couldn't make out what. He stood there listening while still in his scary trance until finally, the sweet voice finished it's charming.

Finding back his feet, Seto opened up the church doors and gasped.

For there stood Yami at the far end with a book in his hands.

Yami was so shocked and embarrassed, he dropped his hymn book.

The book hit the stone ground hard causing a loud bang throughout the church.

"Seto!?" Yami shrieked with his eyes filled with disbelief.

"Yami!" Seto exclaimed, "You sing like an angel!"

Yami blushed but then looked panicked, "Seto, what are you doing here? You know you can't just barge in here! What if I wasn't alone!?"

"Well, you are on your own, aren't you?" Seto answered, walking over to him.

"That is not the point Seto and you know it!" Yami cried

"Well, you're never at the club anymore." Seto said "I was beginning to think you'd used me!"

"Used you? No, Seto. I just can't get out at the moment." Yami replied

Seto frowned, "Why not!?" he yelled

"Shh, Seto! Be quiet, someone will hear us." Yami said, "I just can't get out, okay? I'm sorry!"

"Really, it doesn't seem like it." Seto huffed

Yami looked away, "Is Father Simon keeping you in then? He is, isn't he?" Seto growled

Yami nodded, "I got caught, I'm paying the price." He said sadly

"Paying the price!? He has no right to lock you in Yami, why does he do it?" Seto asked angrily

"It doesn't matter; I just can't go out anymore." Yami replied, turning away to hide his tears.

Seto's eyes widened again, "W-what?" he stuttered "What do you mean?"

Yami closed his eyes, "I c-can't see you, e-ever again." He answered

Seto blinked twice, "You……..what?" he cried

"Please Seto, don't make this harder." Yami said, "You wouldn't understand,"

Seto shook his head, "No, you don't mean that. You can't!" he shouted

"I'm sorry……please, just go." Yami replied

"I won't!" Seto yelled

"GO!" Yami cried, turning to face Seto and pushing him back.

Seto was shocked, tears trickled down Yami's pale cheeks.

"Did you not hear me!? Go!" Yami repeated

Seto glared, "Don't order me around, you whore!"

Yami gasped, "What. Did. You. Say!?" he bellowed, rage filling his head

"Did you not hear me, whore?" Seto mocked

"Do not anger me Kaiba!" Yami hissed

Seto laughed, "So its Kaiba now, is it?" he asked, "And why, what could you possibly do to me? You weakling."

Yami's expression changed fiercely, "I could rip your over sized arrogant head off!" he snarled

Seto was astonished by Yami's anger; he wouldn't admit it but, it scared him.

Gaining back his composure, Seto snarled back "I only came to give you this back bitch!" he hissed throwing the silver cross to Yami's feet.

Yami gasped, his expression changing back to its normal state from the evil it had just been.

He picked up the cross and fell to his knees; tears began to flow again from his crimson eyes as they stared blankly at it.

Seto, feeling sudden guilt, knelt in front of Yami and brushed away some of Yami's tears followed by his own which he had only, just noticed.

"Seto……..I-" Seto cut Yami off

"Shh, it's okay." Seto soothed, stroking Yami's hair gently.

"I didn't mean it, it's just Father Simon. He doesn't want me to see you and I don't like going against his wises and I can't get out to see you, I - I just don't want you to get hurt." Yami sobbed into Seto's chest.

Seto embraced Yami, "I know, I know. I'm sorry too, but, why would I get hurt?" he replied

Then, a sound of footsteps was heard from outside.

"Seto!" Yami shrieked, moving away from him quickly. "You have to out of here,"

"But, when will I see you again?" Seto asked

Yami stared into Seto's pleading eyes, "I- I'll try to get out tomorrow, I can't promise anything." He replied "Domino Park, nine o' clock."

Seto smiled, "Okay, but, I miss you Yami." He sighed

Yami looked down at the cross in his hand, "Take this, it will help you think of me." He whispered, placing the cross in Seto's palm.

Seto blinked in surprise, "Are you sure?" he asked

"Yes! I'm sure, just go quickly!" Yami answered

Seto nodded, "I love you Yami," he declared

Yami smiled and kiss him on the lips, "I love you too, Seto." He replied

Seto then stood up and made his way quickly out of the church.

Yami sighed and stood up; he hoped he wasn't doing the wrong thing.

Seto left the church and stopped outside a shop, he gazed at the cross in his hands longingly and placed it around his neck.

He couldn't wait until tomorrow night.