Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Cheerleader Strikes Back ❯ For Old Times Sake ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Cheerleader Strikes Back
 
Chapter 3
 
For Old Times Sake
 
“I basically implied he was washed up, and he took the challenge then and there.” Tea continued. She had been telling the story of how she had ended up dueling Kaiba to her friends, and Joey was especially giddy at the story. “So we went down to Kaiba Land, we dueled, and I won. I think I just got lucky though…anyway, it turns out the duel was being broadcast all over Kaiba Land, so when I won, everybody found out.” She finished.
“So…Naibi really think we're a couple?” Yugi asked, blushing. Tea coughed and nodded. Joey grinned.
“So Tea, tell me; did Kaiba cry?” he asked. Tea shook her head.
“No way Joey, do you really think Kaiba would cry?” She scoffed.
“Well he wasn't just beaten Tea. He was beaten by you.” Tristan pointed out. Tea glared, and Tristan stammered to correct himself. “I mean, that is, he didn't think he'd last so long against you, and when you let him live, he was so happy…”
“I've gotten a lot better in the past year!” Tea huffed. “I'm not just some weakling duelist anymore! I'm way better then last year!”
“You mean last year when you always beat me?”(1) Joey grumbled. Tea shrugged.
“Yeah, but you've come a long way since then too Joey. You have a lot more faith in your deck, and in yourself.” She pointed out. Joey grinned.
“Yeah, I have come a long way haven't I? I bet I could even beat you now!” He cried, jumping to his feet.
“Well I really doubt that Joey, she just beat Kaiba.” Tristan laughed. Joey growled.
“Are you sayin' I can't beat her?” He yelled. Yugi smirked.
“Well, there is one way to find out.” He said slyly. The three of them turned to face Tea.
 
- - - - - - - - - -
 
Seto Kaiba stared down at the 3 cards on his desk; the Blue Eyes White Dragons. His most prized possession, the dragons that had made him a legend. Beside them lay a stack of cards, the remainder of Kaiba's deck. Kaiba growled and snatched them up, fanning them out to look at them.
“I've spent my entire life collecting the most powerful and rare cards ever created.” He growled. “And they were beaten by a bunch of useless fairies!” Kaiba marched to his office window and undid the latch holding one of the panels closed. With a final look of disgust, Kaiba flung his cards out the window, watching as they flitted to the ground below. He turned back to his desk and picked up the 3 Blue Eyes White Dragons, slipping them in his pocket. He also reached into his desk and pulled out his cheque book.
“Washed up? I'll show that pumped-up cheerleader who's washed up!” He snapped. Kaiba stomped to his office door and marched into the hall. His secretary looked up from her desk as he walked past.
“Mr. Kaiba sir, where are you?” She asked meekly. Kaiba narrowed his eyes.
“Shopping.”
 
- - - - - - - - - -
 
“Dis is fer all da times you beat me, Tea.” Joey said. Tea smiled.
“We'll see Joey, we'll see.” She said to herself. Yugi leaned over to Tristan on the couch. Joey and Tea had taken up dueling positions on his coffee table.
“So how long do you think he'll last?” He asked. Tristan snickered.
“I give him 5 turns.” He replied. Joey whipped his head around.
“Ya got something' to say Tristan?” He yelled. “Didn't think so. I'll start things off Tea, with a little number called `Rocket Warrior' (1500, 1300).” After so long of dueling with the Duel Disks, Joey kind of missed the holograms they projected. But he made due with flipping the card over and over between his fingers in the air for a minute before slamming it onto the table. Tea sweat-dropped. “I'll also place dis face down and end my turn.” Joey said. Tea nodded.
“I summon `Maha Vailo' (1550, 1400), and activate the Spell card `Elf's Light' to increase his power by 400 points (2). And thanks to his special ability, he also gets an extra 500 points!” Tea slipped the edge of the Spell under Maha Vailo (2450, 1200) to show who Elf's Light was equipped to. “And now I'll attack with Maha Vailo!” Joey grumbled and slipped his card into the Graveyard.
“Hey Joey, got any cool sound effects for that?” Tristan asked.
“Can it Tristan!” Yugi sighed and picked up a pad of paper to keep score.
 
-Tea: 8000, Joey: 7050-
 
“You're gonna get it Tea. I activate `Landstar Forces'. This lets me summon any Landstar monsters in my hand to the field. So I'll summon `Brigadier of Landstar; (900, 1200), `Knight of Landstar' (1000, 700), and `Swordsman of Landstar' (500, 1200). And next I'll sacrifice my 3 Landstar monsters to summon `Gilford the Lightning' (2800, 1400). And since I summoned him with 3 Tributes, all your monsters bite the dust.” Joey grabbed the TV remote and swung it like a sword onto the Maha Vailo card. “And I'm attackin' directly too!” He yelled, swinging the remote around.
 
-Tea: 5200, Joey: 7050-
 
“Not bad Joey.” Tea said, smiling. “I'll set a monster in defense mode and end my turn.” Joey grinned.
“Okay, let's keep going. I'll attack again to end my turn.” Joey said. Tea nodded as Joey's attack wiped out `Shining Friendship' (1300, 1100)
“I'll remove my two LIGHT Monsters from play to summon `Soul of Purity and Light' (2000, 1800). And I'll add in my `Celtus of Dagla' to give it an extra 500 attack points. And I'll also set 2 cards face down and end my turn.” Joey nodded.
“Okay, you set `em up and I'll knock `em down. I summon `Axe Raider' (1700, 1150). Gilford, attack!”
“Activate trap `Rush Recklessly'.” Tea said, flipping the card over. “This gives my monster an extra 700 points for a turn. And thanks to my monster's special ability, Gilford loses 300 points. So it's now 2500 attack points against 3200.” Joey muttered under his breath and dropped Gilford into the Graveyard.
“I'll set dease two cards and end my turn.”
 
-Tea: 5900, Joey: 6150-
 
“I'll draw, and summon `The Agent of Peace- Neptune (1300, 1500). And since I summoned him, I can declare a type of monster, and as long as Neptune remains on the field, no attacks can be declared by that type of monster.” Tea smiled sweetly as Joey's eyebrow twitched.
“Don't you dare Tea…” He threatened.
“Sorry Joey. I declare that Warrior types cannot attack.” Tea said. Joey's eyebrow twitched again. “I'll then attack your Axe Raider with my Soul of Purity and Light.”
“Hah! Activate face down cards `Graceful Dice' and `Skull Dice'.” Joey reached into his pocket and frowned. “Hey Yug, you got a die?” He asked. Yugi got up and ran into the store part of the shop, picking up a packet and tossing it to Joey.
“You have to pay for those tomorrow.” He told Joey.
“Sure Yug.” Joey said. He put a die in each hand. “My right hand is da Skull Dice, and the left one is the Graceful Dice, ok?” He rolled the dice. The Graceful Dice landed on 4, the Skull dice on 6. Joey cheered as the two cards powered up Axe Raider (2100, 1150) and weakened the Soul of Purity and Light (1900, 1800). “And dat's dat!” Joey shouted.
 
-Tea: 5700, Joey: 6150-
 
“You're doing well so far Joey, but I'm not giving up, win or lose.” Tea said. “This duel is just getting started.”
 
1: As we hear in an early episode, Tea regularly beats Joey. That is of course, before Grandpa Muto trained him
 
2: Since Yugi identifies with this card, I figured Maha must be a guy.