Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Cheerleader Strikes Back ❯ Archlord vs. Gilford ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Cheerleader Strikes Back
 
Chapter 4
 
Archlord versus Gilford
 
“It's my move now, Tea. I summon `Gearfried the Iron Knight' (1800, 1600). And I'll throw in my Spell card `The Allied Forces', which gives Gearfried and Axe Raider an extra 200 points for every Warrior on my field. And thanks to Neptune, I gotta end my turn now.” Joey muttered. Tea looked over Gearfried (2200, 1600) and Axe Raider (2100). Neptune wasn't going to hold Joey off forever, and the more she waited, the more monsters he summoned, and the stronger Allied Forces made them.
“You got it Joey, no attacking for your Warriors. I summon `Agent of Life-Jupiter' (1400, 1500). And I'll activate his special ability, and pay 1000 Life Points to call back a Fairy monster from my graveyard. So I'll summon back my Soul of Purity and Light. Then I'll set a card and end my turn.” Tea said.
“I activate `Graceful Charity, and draw three cards, then discard two.” Joey said. He drew and grinned. “And I think I'll get rid off `Mage Power' and `United We Stand'.”
“Joey, you've lost it, those are some of the best Equip Spells in the game!” Tristan muttered.
“Keep ya pants on Tristan, I've got a plan!” Joey shot back.
“Considering how a lot of your plans go, that's not very reassuring.”
“As I was sayin', I set a card face-down, and set a monster in defense mode.” Joey finished. Tea drew, and smiled.
“Ok Joey, here goes! I activate my Spell card `The Sanctuary in the Sky'! And I also summon `Warrior of Zera' (1600, 1600). And now for my grand finale! I tribute Warrior of Zera to summon `Archlord Zerato' (2800, 2300).” Tea slapped the large, winged creature's card onto the table. “And next, I'll activate his special ability, and discard `Airknight Parshath' (1900, 1400) to destroy all of your monsters.” Joey's jaw dropped. “And now, Jupiter, Soul, Neptune, Zerato, attack directly! I think that's game over Joey.”
“I ain't out yet!” Joey growled. “Activate `Scapegoats'.” Tea sighed.
“Then I'll have all my monsters destroy your Scapegoats. And I'll place a card face-down to end my turn.”
 
-Tea: 4700, Joey: 6150-
 
“Now you're gonna pay Tea. I activate `Pot of Greed', and draw two cards. Then I'll activate `Monster Reborn' to revive the face-down monster you destroyed, my `Trojan Horse'. Then I'll sacrifice my horse to summon `Gilford the Legend' (2600, 2000). And since Gilford was summoned. I can equip all the Equip cards in my Graveyard to `im! And I'm also playing my `Offerings to the Doomed' to destroy your Neptune, which means my Gilford can attack!” Tristan blinked.
“I'd never though I'd say this, but Joey made a smart move.” He muttered. Joey slipped Mage Power and United We Stand under Gilford (4600, 3800). He grinned and waved his finger over Tea's cards.
“Let's see `ere, eenie, meanie, minie…ah forget it, I'm attacking Zerato.” Tea cringed.
“Activate trap `Divine Barrier'.” Tea said, flipping the card up. “This card prevents all my LIGHT monsters from being destroyed in battle, and all I have to do is negate their effects.” Joey grumbled and crossed his arms.
“I'll draw, and pay 500 Life Points to keep Divine Barrier in play. Then I place a card face-down and end my turn.” Joey drew.
“I'll summon `Blue Flame Swordsman' (1800, 1600). And this gives my Gilford an extra 1000 points due to Allied Forces and United We Stand. I'll end my turn there.” Tea sighed.
“You did well Joey, but now I have to win. I'll let my Divine Barrier go to the Graveyard, and then I'll activate my trap `Beckoning Light'. I have to discard my hand, but then I can bring a LIGHT monster in the Graveyard back to my hand for every card I discard. So I'll retrieve and discard Airknight Prshath, to activate Zerato's special ability.” Joey's shoulders slumped.
“Just get it over with.” He muttered. Tea nodded.
“I attack directly with all my monsters. Game over Joey.”
 
-Tea: 4200, Joey: 0000-
 
“Ah well. Good duel Tea.” Joey said, shaking her hand. Tea nodded.
“You too.” Joey faked a yawn.
“Well it's late, I gotta go Yug.” He said. He slipped on his shoes and ran out the door.
“Think he's mad about losing again?” Tea asked. Tristan smirked.
“He's just going home to eat, he'll forget about it by morning.” Tristan looked at his watch. “I have to go to. See ya Yugi.” He said. Tristan slipped on his coat and ducked out the door. Tea and Yugi watched him go, then turned to each other.
“Should we go to bed now too?” Tea asked. Yugi smiled.
“Well, Grandpa's out of town, so there's no rush. How about a movie?” He asked. Tea smiled and pulled herself onto the couch next to him.
“Sounds great.” She said.
 
- - - - - - - - - -
 
“These are fresh from Industrial Illusions, 200 cases, 50 boxes each, 24 packs per box.” The deliveryman grunted, sliding up the door to the back of his truck. Kaiba nodded.
“I'll take them.” He said with a smirk. The deliveryman laughed.
“Nice try pal, but I can't sell them, they ain't mine. I gotta deliver these to the card shops, you can buy these from them.” Kaiba whipped out his chequebook and scribbled.
“Here.” He muttered, slapping the cheque into the deliveryman's chest.
“Now hold on, you can't just…” The man trailed off as he looked at the cheque. “Holy shit…are you nuts?” He asked, looking at Kaiba.
“There's a fine line between obsession and madness.” Kaiba growled.
“Yeah, and something tells me you forgot about that line.” The man muttered, scratching his head.
“You want more, you can drive this truck to Kaiba Corp for me.” Kaiba told him. The man looked at the cheque and nodded.
“Deal.” He said, climbing in the front of the truck. He turned the key and glanced at Kaiba as the CEO sat beside him. “Hey, if you don't mind my asking, what's so important that you'd spend so much on a bunch of cards?” The man asked. Kaiba narrowed his eyes.
“Revenge.”
 
- - - - - - - - - -
 
“How do I get myself into these things?” Tea moaned mentally. She was still in Yugi's living room, still watching the movie. It was some sort of movie from North America, about a science professor and some sort of green goo. There were subtitles luckily, and with her English classes, Tea could understand what was going on, although the concept of a little ball of green goop having its own mind was a little much for her to believe. But the movie wasn't the problem.
At some point, she had complained she was cold, so Yugi had gotten a blanket. Tea only wore it on the condition they share so Yugi wouldn't get cold too. Bad idea. Tea gulped so loudly she was sure Yugi would hear. “We're alone, it's late, and we're under a blanket watching a movie. It's official, this is a setup from every cheesy romance novel I've ever heard of.” She thought.
“Are you okay Tea?” Yugi asked. Tea refused to make eye contact, seeing as how she was pretty sure her face resembled a tomato right then.
“I'm fine.” She assured him. Yugi nodded and shifted a little closer to Tea. Tea looked up at the clock. Almost eleven, late for her. By the time the movie ended and she and Yugi got to bed, it would be well after midnight. Tea frowned and leaned her head down. She didn't take the time to consider just where she was laying it. Until she felt an arm around her shoulders. She peeked out of the corner of her eye. Yugi's arm had been placed around her shoulders, but his eyes were fixed on the television. But Tea noticed his cheeks growing red…
“At least I'm not the only nervous one here.” Tea tried to keep concentrating on the movie, but sleep and the thrill of her current position with Yugi worked together. She fell asleep on Yugi's shoulder.
 
A chapter dedication to the first reviewer to tell me what movie Yugi and Tea are watching.