Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Cheerleader Strikes Back ❯ Double Jeopardy ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Cheerleader Strikes Back
 
Chapter 5
 
Double Jeopardy
 
“So how much have you saved up for dance school Tea?” Yugi asked, sipping his soda. The two of them were at a corner café the day after their little…movie snuggle, as Tea was mentally referring to it.
“I have enough for a semester, but I don't have enough to pay for an apartment.” She muttered. “New York is a crowded place, and I can't find a place to stay there yet.” Yugi nodded sympathetically.
“Don't worry Tea, you'll figure something out, you always do.” Yugi coaxed. Tea smiled.
“Thanks Yugi.” She whispered. A few tables over were two young men sitting sipping black coffee. One of them peered at Tea through his sunglasses and frowned.
“Hey, Cyrus.” Dorien snapped, elbowing his brother. Cyrus coughed and split his coffee on the ground. Cyrus shot Dorien a nasty look. “Look over there, ain't that the cute little bloke the boss wants?” Dorien pointed to Tea. Cyrus followed his finger and nodded.
“Yeah, that's her alright. Reckon we'd better get Vick?” He asked.
“No way, he'd just take all the credit to score points with Rochelle. I say we take her on our own.”
“Good idea.” Cyrus snickered. The brothers stood up and approached Yugi's table. “'Scuse me boy.” He said, pushing Yugi's chair back and pulling up his own. Tea glanced at Dorien as he pulled his own chair up right next to hers.
“Say love, what's a lovely thing like you doing with a loser like him?” He asked, jerking his thumb at Yugi. Tea glared.
“Yugi's my friend, he's more of a man then you'll ever be! Weren't you with that punk from yesterday?” She asked. Dorien grinned.
“You've got a sharp tongue on you love. I like that.” He reached to grab Tea by the chin. “Let's see what else that tongue is good for, shall we?” He grinned, leaning closer. Tea tore her head away and jammed her elbow in Dorien's stomach. Dorien doubled over and gasped. Tea stood up.
“Now hold up there.” Cyrus snarled, getting to his feet. “Ya can't just treat Dorien like that, he's a master duelist!”
“You're damn right I am.” Dorien coughed, regaining his composure. “Vick wants you, little bloke. No I ain't never hit a lady, especially one like you before, but if you try a stunt like that again I'll be tempted. Come along now, Vick wants to play with you.” Tea snorted.
“I didn't like your boss yesterday, and I don't now. I'm not going anywhere.”
“Oh, come on love, he just wants to spar with the Queen of Games. You know, make sure your little win against Kaiba weren't a fluke. Unless you're too scared to take us on.” Dorien sneered.
“Yeah, if you're so hot, what say we handicap? If you're that strong, you should be able to take both of us at once.” Cyrus chuckled. The two brothers reached to their forearms and flipped on their Duel Disks. Yugi stood up and took his place at Tea's side.
“You can't do that, two on one ain't fair!” He protested.
“Ya ever heard of the golden rule kid?” Cyrus asked with a snicker. “Cause it don't mean squat. So unless you want a peace of us too, you'd best butt out now.” Yugi smiled and turned on his own Duel Disk.
“I'll do you one better.” He said. “You want to beat Tea because she's the Queen of Games? How about we tag team and make it a two-fer, you two versus the King and Queen of Games.” Yugi offered. Dorien whipped off his sunglasses.
“Holy shit, you're Yugi Muto!” He gasped. “We came for da girl, Muto, not you.”
“Take it down a notch Dorien.” Cyrus coaxed. “Muto's just used to dueling Kaiba. He wouldn't know how to handle real duelists like us!”
“Good point Cyrus. Alright you little runt, we'll tag-team. Us two against the Dueling Royalty. And once we beat both of you, we'll take you to see Vick, and he can put your little girlfriend in her place!” Cyrus and Dorien marched out onto the street. Tea took a breath and followed them, Yugi beside her. The second the two of them stepped to stand opposite Dorien and Cyrus, a murmur swept through the crowd at the café.
“Oh geez, is that them?”
“It's da King and Queen!”
“Those two are toast for sure.” Dorien and Cyrus drew their opening hands.
“You two are done! Today's the day the King and Queen of Games get dethroned!” Yugi and Tea drew their cards.
“You ready Tea?” Yugi asked. Tea nodded.
“Read to teach a bunch of big-mouthed punks that they can't mess with us? I was born ready Yugi.” Then, the four of them shouted the same two words.
“LET'S DUEL!” Dorien grinned and drew.
“You don't know what you're up against, kiddies. You two are about to be thrown into a realm of darkness, and I'm about to start your plunge. I summon `Brron, Mad King of Dark World' (1800, 400)!” A white-blue skinned man with a black trenchcoat rose in front of Dorien in a burst of dark light. Brron threw back his head and laughed. “I'll also set two cards face down and end my turn.” Dorien said, mimicking Brron's laugh. Yugi nodded. Tea shot a glance at his nervously. Yugi hadn't dueled a human opponent since Yami went back to the spirit world. He got the new cards and dueled the KC2000 Computer at Kaiba Land, but this was his fist actual duel in a while. How would he fare?
“Alright. I summon `Silent Swordsman Lv3' (1000, 1000).” A small man in a coat jumped onto Yugi's field, clutching a sword that by all logical means, was far too big for him to hold upright. But he managed. “And I'm activating my Spell Card `Level Up!' to send my Swordsman too the Graveyard to summon `Silent Swordsman Lv5' (2300, 1000)!” The little soldier grew to teen size, and his sword grew even longer. “I'll set a card face down and end my turn/” Yugi finished.
“My move, runt.” Cyrus sneered. “I summon `Infernal Queen Archfiend' (900, 1500). I'm setting another two cards face down and ending my turn.” Tea nodded.
“Then it's my move. I summon `Dunames Dark Witch' (1800, 1050). And I add in my Spell Card `Celtus of Dagla'. Now whenever my monster does damage to you, the Life Points you lose are added to mine.”
“That's so cute, a little fairy in a realm of darkness.” Dorien snickered. Tea growled.
“Dark Witch, attack his monster!” She commanded. Dark Witch (2300) flew and slammed into Brron with a flash of white light.
 
-Tea: 8500, Yugi: 8000, Dorien: 7500, Cyrus: 8000-
 
“Not bad.” Dorien growled. “I activate my Spell Card `Graceful Charity' to draw three cards and discard 2. And since I discarded him, my monster returns to the field! Meet `Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World' (2300, 1400)!” Dorien snickered. “That's the power of the Dark World, runts. Whenever one of my Dark World monsters is discarded, they come right back to the field. With power like this on my side, and my brother's Archfiends ready to crush you as well, you two are as good as done! I activate `Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy Celtus of Dagla! Now Goldd, destroy her fairy!” The large golden fiend roared and slammed its fist into the ground. A fissure sprang up below Dark Witch and swallowed her.
 
-Tea: 8000, Yugi: 8000, Dorien: 7500, Cyrus: 8000-
 
“My turn now.” Yugi said. “I summon `Ultimate Insect Lv3' (1000, 1000). And I activate `Swords of Revealing Light', which blocks all of your attacks for 3 turns. Then I end my turn.” From an alley, a pair of eyes watch Yugi's move.
“Da King an' Queen of Games duelin' on a tag-team. Dat's hardly fair.” Vick growled. “But it don't matter. Once Cyrus and Dorien lose, I'll know all of deir crd by hart. Then I can take down da runt easy, and Rochelle can have da Queen.” Vick snickered.
“Before dis day is done, dere's gonna be a new duelin' couple in town!”
- - - - - - - - - -
 
“Excuse me sir.” The guard said. The man in the chair at the end of the banquet hall turned his chair around. “You requested notification if Seto Kaiba should become an active duelist again. He dueled last night at Kaiba Land.”
“Really? Well, I was wondering how long Kaiba-boy would be in the off season. Who did he beat?”
“Actually sir, he lost. To Tea Gardner.” The guard explained. “And according to our public relations manager says that the public has now dubbed her the Queen of Games.” The man sipped his wine and smirked.
“Interesting. I want a private helicopter at Domino within an hour. Bring Tea here. If the public is calling her the Queen of Games, I think we should see if she really is.” The guard nodded and left.
“So, Kaiba has lost to Tea. Well, that can't be good for the old ego. One thing you can about Kaiba-boy, he certainly doesn't give up without a fight.” Taking a moment to laugh at his own joke. Pegasus smirked and sipped the last of his wine.
“Queen of Games, eh? Well Tea, that shall see.”