Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Cheerleader Strikes Back ❯ Send in the Fiends ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Cheerleader Strikes Back
 
Chapter 6
 
Light and Darkness
 
“It's my turn ya little squirt.” Cyrus sneered. “I'll pay 500 Life Points to keep my Infernal Queen in play. Then I activate the special ability of my Infernal Queen, and increase her ATK by 1000 points. Then I summon `Terror King Archfiend' (2000, 1500). I'll end my turn there.” Tea drew.
“I summon `Shining Angel' (1400, 800), and activate the Spell Card `Last Will'. This card lets me summon a monster with 1500 or fewer ATK points when one of my monsters is sent to the Graveyard. Now, Shining Angel, attack Cyrus' Terror King!” The winged man flew and got slashed to pieces by Terror King.
 
-Tea: 7400, Yugi: 8000, Dorien: 7500, Cyrus: 8000-
 
“You've lost it!” Cyrus laughed. Tea smiled.
“Don't be so sure. When Shining Angel is sent to the Graveyard, a LIGHT monster with 1500 or fewer ATK points can be summoned from my deck. So now I summon 2 `Hoshinigen' (500, 700).” Two yellow star-shaped creatures flew from a rainbow that appeared arching over Tea's head. “And thanks for their special effects, all LIGHT monsters gain 500 ATK, and all DARK monsters lose 400 ATK!” The two monsters (1500, 700) spun and glowed a bright yellow, sending a flurry of rainbow arches over the field.
“Ah shit, do something Cyrus!” Dorien cried, staring at his monster (1500, 1400). Cyrus gulped as the rainbows hit Terror King (1200, 1500) and Infernal Queen (100, 1500).
“Now Hoshinigens, attack Cyrus' Archfiends!” Tea commanded. The two fairies spun again, this time right into the King and Queen. Cyrus screamed as the Fiends crumbled to dust before his eyes. “I'll set this down and end my turn.”
 
-Tea: 7400, Yugi: 8000, Dorien: 7500, Cyrus: 6300-
 
“You're gonna pay for that you runt!” Dorien snarled. “I set a monster in defense mode, and switch my Goldd into defense as well.” Yugi nodded.
“I draw, and sent my Ultimate Insect Lv3 to the Graveyard to summon `Ultimate Insect Lv5' (2300, 900). And thanks to his special ability, all of your monsters lose an extra 500 ATK points!” Yugi smiled at Tea and flashed a thumbs up. “I summon `Silent Magician' (1000, 1000).” A tiny mage in a light blue robe rose onto the field. “Now my monsters, attack Cyrus directly!” Silent Swordsman (3300, 1000), Silent Magician (2000, 1000), and Ultimate Insect all fired beams of energy at Cyrus. Cyrus screamed as a cloud of smoke blew up in his face.
 
-Tea: 7400, Yugi: 8000, Dorien: 7500, Cyrus: 0000-
 
“Cyrus, how the hell could you lose?” Dorien roared.
“You could have used your monsters to defend me, it's your own fault!” Cyrus snapped back.
“How is it my fault you can't take care of yourself? You're the older one, I should have to bail you out!” Dorien growled and turned his attention away from his fallen brother. “Since my big bro is too much of a wimp, I'll take his turn for him. I'll set another monster face down and that's all.” Dorien flashed Cyrus a dirty look. “Now watch how a REAL duelist duels!” He snickered.
“I draw, and activate my Spell `Swords of Revealing Light'!” Tea ordered. With Yugi's swords already forming a cage around Dorien and his monster, Tea's sword were that noticeable. Dorien's 2 `Scarr, Scout of Dark World' (500, 500) flipped themselves up.
“You really have lost it. I already can't attack you.” Dorien laughed.
“I know, but my move wasn't about you attacking. It was about getting your monsters face up. I remove Dunames Dark Witch and Shining Angel from play to summon `Soul of Purity and Light' (2000, 1800). Then I activate my trap card `Windstorm of Etaqua'!” A large tornado kicked up, covering Dorien's monsters. “My trap card changed the positions of all your face up monsters!” Goldd and the Scouts rose from their kneeling positions. Dorien paled.
“Ah shit…” He whispered.
“Hoshinigens, attack his Scouts! Soul, attack Goldd!” The three monsters leapt into action. Dorien cringed as all his Dark World monsters shattered like glass.
 
-Tea: 7400, Yugi: 8000, Dorien: 3000, Cyrus: 0000-
 
“At this rate, that guy isn't going to last another turn.” Someone one in the crowd whispered.
“What did you expect, look who he's dueling!” Someone else said. Dorien snarled and drew. He smirked and looked up at Yugi and Tea.
“It's time I about ended our little game here and now. I activate `Card Destruction', which forces us to discard our hands and draw new ones. “And since I'm discarding them, I'll revive another Wu-Lord Goldd and `Sillva, Warlord of Dark World' (2300, 1400). Then I activate my trap `The Forces of Darkness', and return two Dark World monsters in my Graveyard to my hand.” Dorien smiled and held up a single card.
“This is it for you, runts. I sacrifice Goldd and Sillva to summon this!” A large vortex opened in the ground under Goldd and Sillva, and pulled them in. Then a new Dark World monster rose from the vortex. This new beast was covered head to toe in shining white armor. The metal gleamed as the new fiend roared and let loose it's fury.
“I summon `Platnim, God of Dark World' (3000, 2300)!” Dorien laughed. “Now Platnim, attack the Ultimate Insect!” Platinim roared and slammed its fist into the bug.
“Hold there!” Tea yelled. “Thanks to the combined effects of our monsters, Platinim loses 1600 ATK points!” Dorien smirked.
“Really? Look again!” He chuckled. Platinim (3000) slammed into the insect and pummeled it into the ground. “Besides being the hardest to summon and most powerful monster in the entire Dark World, he also has a rather nasty ability. Whenever he attacks, all of your monster effects are negated!” Dorien smiled. “So your monsters don't weaken him a bit. I'll set a card face down and end my turn.”
 
-Tea: 7400, Yugi: 7300, Dorien: 3000, Cyrus: 0000-
“We can't lose now.” Tea said to herself. “His monster's effect only negates our effects during his Battle Phase, so during our turns…” Tea smiled as she found the weakness if Platnim. “I summon `Maha Vailo' (1550, 1400). Maha Vailo, attack his monster!” The Spellcaster twirled his staff and shot a bead of light at Platnim. Dorien sneered.
“Too bad, girlie. I reveal the trap `Skill Drain'!” The trap flipped up and sent out a swirling wave of yellow power. All of Yugi and Tea's monster wavered in the effect. “It costs me 1000 Life Points, but as long as it remains on the field, all monsters have their effects negated, and not just for purposes or battle, but permanently!” Tea gasped as Platnim blocked Maha Vailo's beam and reflected it back with a punch of his pearly white fist. Maha Vailo exploded as it was hit with it's own attack.
 
-Tea: 5950, Yugi: 7300, Dorien: 2000, Cyrus: 0000-
 
“It's move again.” Dorien snickered. “And until you 2 can cook up a monster with 3100 or more ATK points, I currently can't be beat. Platnim, attack Hoshinigen!” The beast roared and flattered the little fairy with one blow. “And I'll activate my Spell card `Sebek's Blessing', to increase my own Life Points by an amount equal to the damage your just took.”
 
-Tea: 3450, Yugi: 7300, Dorien: 4500, Cyrus: 0000-
 
“Don't worry Tea, I've got a plan.” Yugi assured her, drawing his card. “At least I hope I do. Thanks to his Skill Drain trap card, I can't level up my monsters anymore. There has to be something else.” “I'll set a monster in defense mode and switch all my other monsters into defense mode as well. I'll set a card face down to complete my turn.” He said. Dorien drew.
“Damn, no monster. Oh well. With Platnim, I don't need any other monsters. Platnim, attack her other Hoshinigen!” The Fiend slammed another punch, and gave Hoshinigen the gift of its own crater. “I'll set this card face down and that's all for me.”
 
-Tea: 950, Yugi: 7300, Dorien: 4500, Cyrus: 0000-
 
“I'll draw.” Tea said shakily. “I'll set a monster in defense mode.” At her words, Dorien burst out laughing.
“And with that move you seal your own fate. Reveal trap `Shadow of Eyes'!” He commanded. Tea gasped as `Fire Princess' (1300, 1500) flipped up. “My trap not only flips your monster up, but switches it to attack mode as well!” Dorien leered. “So hurry up and end your turn, Platnim is getting angsty.” Tea gulped.
“I can't do anything else.” She muttered, hanging her head. “I'll end my turn.” Tea looked up at the sneering face of Dorien. “I guess my victory against Kaiba really was just luck.” She said.
“You're damn right it was!” Dorien snapped. “Platnim, attack Fire Princess and deplete her Life Points!” Platnim raised his fist and leapt into the air, aiming straight for Fire Princess. “Good bye, your Majesty!!!” Dorien laughed.