Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Cheerleader Strikes Back ❯ Summon: The Angel from Above ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
The Cheerleader Strikes Back
 
I felt bad about my cliffy last time, so early update.
 
Chapter 7
 
Summon: The Angel From Above
 
“It's over!” Platnim's fist sailed through the air into Fire Princess, and was met with a crackle of electricity. Platnim roared and jumped back, leaving Fire Princess unharmed. Dorien's jaw dropped. “What the hell just happened?” He demanded.
“You seem to have forgotten you're dueling two duelists here, Dorien.” Dorien's head snapped around to glare at Yugi. Or more specifically, the Trap card in front of him. “This Trap card is called `Magical Trick Mirror', and at a cost of half my Life Points, I can use a Spell card from your Graveyard. And I'm activating Card Destruction!”
“That makes no sense, I got nothing to discard!” Dorien protested.
“You don't, but I'm discarding my `Electromagnetic Turtle' (0000, 1800). When this monster is discarded by a card effect, I can end your turn whenever I want, which means your attack can't complete itself. Tea's fine, and so is Fire Princess!” Tea stared at Yugi.
“Yugi, you gave up half your Life Points, have you lost it?” She asked. “I can take a loss, focus on beating Dorien!” Yugi shook his head.
“No way Tea, we're a team. If one of us loses, we both lose, and I'm not going to let that happen.” Tea smiled.
“Yugi…”
“You should listen to the girl, Muto.” Dorien growled. “You only delayed the inevitable, I still have Platnim on the field, and I can crush her next turn as easily as I could this turn. You forget, it's your turn next, and that means her monster is still stuck in attack mode. Your last-minute save did nothing but weaken you!”
 
-Tea: 950, Yugi: 3650, Dorien: 3000, Cyrus: 0000-
 
“I'll make my move.” Yugi said. “I'll set a card facedown and end my turn.”
“Told ya you couldn't stop me!” Dorien roared. “Now Platnim, attack Fire Princess!” The Field once again swung its fist.
“Activate `Shift'!” Yugi commanded. A black doorway opened behind Fire Princess and pulled it in. A face down card came in its place. Platnim barreled into Silent Magician and destroyed it. “My Shift card lets me redirect your attack to another monster on the field. Tea is still safe!” Dorien snorted.
“I'll set this card face down and end my turn.” He muttered. “Let's see if the girl can save herself this time instead of depending on you.” Dorien snickered. Tea sighed.
“Yugi keeps putting himself in danger, just to save me.” Tea thought sadly. “I would have lost in a one-on-one duel by now. I shouldn't be in this duel anymore, I'm here because Yugi saved me. And if I can't take care of myself, I'm just holding Yugi back. I should just forfeit and let Yugi duel Dorien by himself.” Tea opened her mouth to announce her decision, but Yugi cut her off.
“Don't listen to him Tea!” Yugi said. “You can duel great, Dorien's just trying to psyche you out. We can beat him together, I know we can. We can defeat Platnim, we just have believe we can. I can't beat Dorien alone, I need you here too, so ignore him and keep dueling!” Tea lifted her head and stared at Yugi. She nodded and looked up at Dorien.
“You want to beat us Dorien? That's not going to happen, because you're all alone in this! You could have saved your brother, but you let him lose because you didn't trust him to be able to help you.”
“He didn't help me, he was worthless!” Dorien growled, glaring at Cyrus. “If he can't handle himself, why should I take care of him?”
“For the same reason Yugi saved me! It doesn't matter how good a duelist you are on your own, you can always be stronger when you let other people help you. Every deck has it weak points, but if you join forces with other people, their strengths can protect your weak spots, and you can do the same for them. You have nothing but Platnim protecting you now, and once he's gone, there's nothing you can do. If you had saved Cyrus, he might return the favor now, but it's too late!” Tea drew her card and smiled. “Because you need saving right now!” She told Dorien.
“Please. There's nothing you can do.” Dorien thought. “Even if you summon a monster, my `Blast Held by a Tribute' will destroy it, and you'll take damage equal to the monster's ATK. So go ahead and summon your monster, you'll just end up walking into your own doom once again.” “If I need saving, then go ahead and show me what I need saving from!” He shouted.
“With pleasure. I sacrifice Soul of Purity and Light and Fire Princess. This let's me play this!” Tea slipped the card onto her Duel Disk, and Dorien went to activate his trap. Then he did a double take. “That ain't a monster!” He thought. (Can't you just hear the Yugioh comeback music laying now?)
“I activate `Descending from Above!” Tea shouted. A ray of shining light shot out from her Duel Disk, blanketing the field. Dorien cried out and raised his hand to shield his eyes. “My Spell card lets me Ritual Summon and LIGHT Monster from my hand. So I now call on my strongest monster!” A purple fairy flew out of the disk. It had six golden wings, and two long arms, each holding a ball of shining white light. Yugi gasped.
“I know that card, that's…”
“I summon `Shinato, King of a Higher Plane' (3300, 3000)!” Tea yelled. Dorien stared in horror as the fairy gently floated to the ground, crossing its arms and glaring at him. “Shinato, attack Platnim! Use your Divine Ring and slay his God! Your time in the Dark World is over, Dorien!” Shinato raised its arms and began to spin in place. A glowing white ring of energy circled it as it spun faster and faster. Shinato stopped spinning and held out its arms towards Platnim. The Divine Ring sliced through Platnim and towards Dorien. Dorien screamed and dove to the ground as the Ring passed overhead. He looked up and stared at the cut going right through the middle of Platnim.
“NO, Platnim!” He shouted. Platnim groaned and stepped back, holding its stomach in pain. It fell in two pieces, and Platnim's torso fell on top of Dorien, the hologram exploding as Platnim slammed into the ground. “NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!”
 
-Tea: 950, Yugi: 3650, Dorien: 2700, Cyrus: 0000-
 
“Yeah, I knew you could do it Tea!” Yugi cheered. Tea smiled and nodded.
“Like I said, when duelists team up, there's nothing that can beat them!” Dorien coughed and slowly climbed to his feet.
“What was that little dive for, brother? Don't tell me you were afraid of a hologram!” Cyrus taunted.
“Shut your mouth Cyrus!” Dorien ordered. “I'm not done yet, you little bitch! Far from it, indeed. It's my turn now, and you're going to pay for that. I draw my card and…” Dorien drew his card and gasped. “No, no it ain't possible!” He cried. Cyrus laughed.
“Let me guess, you ain't got a thing, do ya Dorien?” He chuckled. “The girl was right, if you had protected me, I might have been able to protect ya. Too late now huh?” Dorien fell to his hands and knees.
“There's no way! I had the strongest monster, the perfect strategy. How could I lose?” He protested. Yugi shook his head sadly and drew his card.
“I play `Level Up!' to sacrifice Silent Swordsman Lv5 to summon `Silent Swordsman Lv7' (2800, 1000). Silent Swordsman, attack.” Without a word, the fully grown warrior slashed and sent a shockwave at Dorien. Dorien didn't even notice the dropping point counter on his Duel Disk.
 
-Tea: 950, Yugi: 3650, Dorien: 0000, Cyrus: 0000-
 
“It's impossible, there's no way I could lose.” Dorien sobbed. Cyrus walked over to his younger brother and smacked him in the back of the head.
“Suck it up ya big baby, they won fair and square, quit your blubbering.” Dorien snarled and stomped away. Cyrus rolled his eyes and smirked. He shot a glare at Yugi and Tea before following Dorien.
“I feel kind of bad for him now.” Yugi muttered, scratching the back of his head. Tea nodded.
“Me too, but both of them were jerks, Dorien deserved it.” She replied.
“I have to agree. He was all talk and no walk.” A voice said, walking up behind Tea. Tea groaned.
“No way. Of all people, what are you doing here?” She asked, turning around. Mai Valentine shrugged.
“I was here for a stop over on my luxury cruiser (1), and figured I'd check up on some old friends.” She eyes Tea's Duel Disk and deck. “And judging from what I just saw, I'd say both of you have really gotten a lot stronger. Especially you Tea, when did you move on from those little fairies you used at Duelist Kingdom?”
“I still use Fairies, I just use stronger ones.” Tea explained. Mai nodded and glanced around.
“Say Tea, ever since I got off here, I've heard there's some tough new duelist in town.” She said.
“Really?”
“Yeah, word is here that she even beat Kaiba in three turns.” Mai explained. Tea blushed grinned sheepishly.
“Eh heh heh…yeah, imagine that.” She laughed. Mai frowned.
“Are you okay Tea, you awfully red. I think your sudden increase in dueling skills is giving you a fever.” She said. Yugi stifled a laugh.
“It's okay Tea, we should tell. Mai, that was Tea who beat Kaiba.” Mai raised an eyebrow.
“You're joking, right? Tea's gotten better, but she's not even tournament material yet, let alone in Kaiba's league.” Tea huffed.
“Hey, I did beat Kaiba, alright? Even if was just luck, I beat him, is that so hard to believe?”
“Honestly, yes.” Mai said dryly. “Sorry Tea, but even from what I just saw, you've got a long way to go before you're anywhere near the big leagues.”
“Mai, Tea has gotten better, you saw it. She even beat Joey.” Yugi said.
“And? I beat Joey too, that means nothing.” Mai replied.
“And maybe if I beat you?” Tea asked, putting her hands on her hips.
“Tea, you're stronger, but there's no way you could beat me. You're not the only one who's gotten tougher, I've improved too.” Mai laughed.
“Then duel me, and I'll show you just how strong I have gotten!” Tea snapped. Why did Mai always give her such a hard time?
“Alright Tea, if you insist.” Mai said, taking a few steps back.
“Tea, you just finished dueling, are you up for this?” Yugi asked. Tea nodded.
“I have gotten stronger, Yugi, and I'm going to prove it. There's no way I'm going to let Mai get the best of me.” Tea reshuffled her deck and slipped it back into her Duel Disk. “Alright Mai, let's duel!”
 
Although they never say it on the show, Mai works for a luxury liner, dueling the passengers.