Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Cheerleader Strikes Back ❯ Cat Fight ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Cheerleader Strikes Back
 
Chapter 8
 
Cat Fight
 
“I'll start this little party.” Mai said with a smirk. “I summon `Harpie's Brother' (1800, 600). Then I activate `Elegant Egotist', which lets me call on any other Harpie from my deck. I'll use it summon `Harpie Lady #1 (1300, 1400). My newest Harpie gives all my WIND monsters a boosted 300 ATK points. I'll set a card face down and end my turn.” Tea nodded.
“I told you Mai, I've gotten stronger. But you're stilling using the same Harpie cards you always have. I summon `Dancing Fairy' (1700, 1000).” A trio of fairies in long white gowns burst onto the field, giggling and dancing in a circle. “And I activate `Celtus of Dagla', to boost their power by 500. Dancing Fairy, attack Harpie's Brother!” Each of the fairies (2500, 1000) grabbed a pair of daggers from her belt and leapt into the air.
“Reveal my trap `Covering Fire'!” Mai ordered. Harpie Lady screeched and flew at the Dancing Fairies. It slicing into the monsters and ripped it to shreds. “When your monster attacks, I can add the ATK of my Harpie Lady to my Harpie's Brother, which means your attack is far too weak to hurt me.” The super-powered Harpie's Brother (3700) screeched its laughter and leered at Tea. Tea grimaced.
 
-Tea: 6800, Mai: 8000-
 
“I'll set two cards face down and end my turn.” She said. Mai nodded.
“Nice try Tea, but so far things aren't looking good for you. I play `Harpie's Hunting Grounds'. This gives all my Harpie's an extra 200 ATK and Def points.”
“More points?!? Like they need anymore!” Tea protested. Mai ignored her.
“I summon `Harpie Chick' (500, 500).” A blonde Harpie crowed softly and flew onto the field, winking at Tea and giggling. “And since I summoned a Harpie, my Field card destroys one of your face-down cards.” Tea gasped as `Call of the Haunted' glimmered and vanished. “Now Harpie Chick (1000, 700), Harpie's Brother (2300, 800), Harpie Lady (1800, 1600), attack her directly!” The three winged beasts flew directly at Tea, claws outstretched.
“Activate `Mirror Force'!” Tea commanded. An invisible barrier rippled over her. As the three Harpies closed in for the kill, they passed through the barrier and exploded in a spray of powder. “My trap stops your attack and destroys all your Harpies!” Mai cursed.
“I'll set a card face down and end my turn.” She growled.
“It's my move now, and I summon `The Agent of Creation-Venus' (1600, 0000). Then I pay 500 Life Points to summon 3 `Mystical Shine Ball' (500, 500). Now my Fairies, attack!” The four fairies fired beams of rainbow-colored light at Mai.
 
-Tea: 5300, Mai: 4900-
 
“You're going to pay for that.” Mai muttered. “I play `Monster Reborn' to revive my Harpie Lady #1. Then I play `Revival of Egotist'. Now by removing an Elegant Egotist in my Graveyard from play, I can special summon any monster with `Harpie' in the name straight from my deck. Now I summon `Harpie's Pet Dragon' (2000, 2500)! And thanks to my Harpie Lady being on the field, she gets a little power bonus. Harpie's Pet Dragon, Harpie Lady, attack her little crystal balls!” Th3 supped-up dragon (2600, 2500) roared and fired its flame at a Mystical Shine Ball. In the wake of the attack was Harpie Lady slicing into another Ball. The orb of light shattered and tingled to the ground like glass.
 
-Tea: 1900, Mai: 4900-
 
“I'm not done yet Mai.” Tea scowled. “I play `Angels' Wrath'! This card lets me offer 2 LIGHT monsters as Tributes, than I can declare a card name. All copies of the card in your hand, deck, field and Graveyard are then removed from play. And the card I'm removing is Harpie's Pet Dragon!” Mai gasped as the dragon slowly sank in the ground. She grudgingly removed the other Dragon from her deck and discarded it.
“Now I play `The Sanctuary in the Sky', set a monster in defense mode and end my turn.” Tea said. Mai nodded.
“Harpie Lady, attack her monster!” The bird lady screeched and tore into the card.
“Reveal `The Agent of Courage `Pluto' (1000, 1000)! Thank you Mai. This monster has the power to even the score. As long as the Sanctuary in the Sky is on the field when he's destroyed in battle, I get enough Life Points to make our scores even. I'm back in this.”
 
-Tea: 4900, Mai: 4900-
 
“I've gotta hand it to you Tea, you've learned some good tricks.” Mai chuckled. “How about we just end the match here and call it a tie?” Tea shook her head.
“No way Mai. I usually duel for fun, but in this case, I'm dueling to win!” She declared.
“Look hun, you are doing pretty well, I'll give you that much. But in the end you're still going to lose. Don't make me take pity on you and let you win again.”
“I'm not expecting you to, I'm…” Tea stopped. “Wait…what do you mean `let me win again'?” She asked suspiciously. Mai sweat-dropped.
“Again? Did I say again?” she asked nervously. Tea narrowed her eyes.
“You've never dueled me, except for that time when Yugi lost to Kaiba…” Tea's eyes widened, and she pointed angrily at Mai. “You lost on purpose! You threw the match!” She accused. Mai rolled her eyes and flung up her hands.
“Well duh! I was going to give the star chips to Yugi, but you were so insistent on dueling for them, what was I supposed to do? All in all, I think things worked out, so what's the problem? You were good then Tea, and you're good now, but the simple fact is I'm just better. I'm not going to rub it in your face, but you can't win this. Just let this end and we can both move on.” Tea growled and clenched her fist.
“Not now Mai, not after that. You cheated and let me win. You took pity on me because you didn't think I was strong enough. And back then, I probably wasn't. But that was then Mai and this is now. And now…” Tea smiled and whipped her next card from her deck. “Now I'm gonna take you down!”
 
- - - - - - - - - -
 
“Analyzing card database.” The computer beeped. “Computing combos…tribute ratios…activation costs…attack power…drawing speed…deck construction complete.” A print-out clicked out of the printer. Kaiba snatched it up and read over the card list. He smirked and started typing again.
“Analyzing deck power…comparing to previous deck configurations…tallying results…overall deck power is 189 percent higher then previous deck configurations.” Kaiba nodded, satisfied. He picked up another print-out- this one of all the cards that Tea had played on her Duel Disk. He typed in the cards and hit a few more keys. “Comparing deck data `Kaiba' to deck data `Gardner'…analyzing combos…tribute ratios….activation costs…attack power…drawing speed…deck data `Kaiba' is 157 percent more efficient then deck data `Gardner'. Odds of winning: 4:1.” Kaiba chuckled and hit another key.
“Running duel simulation...” The computer informed him Ten seconds later, it beeped again. “Winner: deck data `Kaiba'.” Kaiba hit the key again. “Running duel simulation…winner: Deck data Kaiba.”
“Winner: deck data Kaiba.”
“Winner: deck data Kaiba.”
“Winner: deck data Kaiba.” 5 minutes later, Kaiba had run over 30 simulations, and all of them had the same result: he was the winner.” He slammed his fist on the keyboard and laughed, hitting the `simulation' command again. He picked up his coat and marched out of his office. As the door clicked shut, the computer beeped.
“Winner: deck data Gardner.”
 
 
Yes, I know that Pet D's effect, Elegant Egotist, and Harpie's Hunting Grounds only work with Harpie Lady and Harpie Lady Sisters. But hey, they exclude the Brother and Chick, which isn't really fair. They're Harpies too!
 
Mai throwing the match to Tea always did tick me off. I think it's time Tea was clued in.