Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Cheerleader Strikes Back ❯ Light and Darkness ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Cheerleader Strikes Back
 
Chapter 11
 
Light and Darkness
 
“What do you want with me?” Tea asked nervously. Rochelle chuckled.
“I think that should be obvious, Tea. I'm here for a duel.” She sneered.
“What?” Tea gasped.
“But of course, why do you think I had my dear boyfriend Vick bring you here? It seems that ever since you beat Seto Kaiba, everyone thinks you're the world's best female duelist. I can't have that, can I? This match will be video recorded, so I can show everyone who the real Queen of Games is!”
“Are you nuts?” Tea shrieked. “You had me kidnapped and brought here just to duel me and prove you're the best! That's insane! I'm out of here now.”
“I don't think so.” Rochelle yawned. “This warehouse is locked, and I have the only key. So if you want out I suggest you duel.” Tea gritted her teeth.
“Where's Yugi?” She demanded. Rochelle smirked and flicked on her Duel Disk.
“Oh, your little boyfriend? Vick should be beating him in a duel right about now. And you're about to join him!”
 
- - - - - - - - - -
 
“I activate `Level Modulation'!” Yugi shouted. “This lets me revive any Level monster in my Graveyard. It also lets you draw 2 cards.” Yugi slipped Stone Golem Lv3 onto his Duel Disk, and the large statue kneeled on the field. “I'll end my turn there.”
“My move.” Vice laughed. “I summon `Mechanical Chaser' (1850, 800). Now dat dere are 4 Machines on da field, my Perfect Machine King gains 2000 ATK points!” Vick shook his head and smirked. “Your move runt, and time's up on your Swords of Revealing Light.” A bright ray of light shot out of Yugi's Duel Disk, and Vick gasped as the light covered Silent Magician “Wha? What's goin' on?” He demanded.
“The special ability of my Silent Magician activates. Since you've drawn 5 cards while he's been in play, I can not play `Silent Magician Level 8' (3500, 1000)!” The large mage back-flipped out of Yugi's Duel Disk and shot a nasty glare at Vick. “And there's more, my Stone Golem levels up to `Stone Golem Lv5' (1000, 2600). I'll just set this down and end my turn there.” Vick snarled.
“You think a little mage is gonna stop me? I summon `Gyroid' (1000, 1000). Perfect Machine King, crush dat little Magician!” The machine fired its rocket fist towards the mage.
Activate `Reverse Trap'!” Yugi cried. Silent Magician twirled its staff and slammed the fist backwards towards Perfect Machine King. The fist hit its master directly in the chest, causing it to explode. “My trap card reverses the increases of attack power into decreases, meaning that for every machine on the field, your Perfect Machine King loses 2500 attack points!” Vick's jaw dropped, along with his Life Points.
“And now it's my turn! Silent Magician, destroy Ancient Gear Golem!” The magician fired a white beam of magic at the Golem. It rusted over and crumbled into a pile of dust.
 
-Yugi: 3000, Vick: 3100-
 
- - - - - - - - - -
 
“I'll start off.” Tea muttered. “I summon `White Magician Pikuru' (1200, 0000). Then I'll set two cards face down and end my turn.” The white mage giggled and leaned back against the hologram of the face down card behind it.
“That's all? Pitiful. I'll summon my own little magician, `Ebon Magician Curran' (1200, 0000)!” A black suited mage rose in a burst of dark light. It almost looked like a mirror image of Pikuru, except for the darker costume. “And I'll play `Ordeal of the Princess', to increase her power by 800 points. Ebon Magician, attack Pikuru!” Tea gaped as the mirror-imaged mages fought, Curran slamming her staff into Pikuru's head. Tea cringed.
“I'm not done yet. I set this card face down and end my turn.” Rochelle laughed.
“Fine. I activate `Dark Core'. All I have to do is discard my hand, then I can remove one monster from play. Good bye Curran! And next I activate `Dark Magic Curtain'. Now I can pay 1000 Life Points to summon a Spellcaster from my hand.” Tea twirled her card between her fingertips and smiled. “Now say hello to my favorite monster `Dark Magician Girl' (2000, 1700)!” The beautiful blonde magician rose onto the field with a spin. “Dark Magician Girl, attack!” The magician floated towards Rochelle and went to slam her head in with her staff. Then, as the blue staff sailed towards Rochelle, a red staff appeared and blocked the attack. A red-gloved fist came out of nowhere and slammed Dark Magician Girl in the cheek, knocking her to the ground beside Tea. Tea and Dark Magician Girl gaped as the monster floating beside Rochelle.
“No way…it can't be…” Tea whispered. The look was different. She had black hair, not blonde. Brown eyes, not green. Red armor, not blue. And the face was much more sinister looking. But it was the same monster.
“Are you surprised Tea?” Rochelle laughed. “Dark Magic Curtain lets both of us summon Spellcasters from our hands! So I can summon my own Dark Magician Girl!” The brunette and blonde magicians glared at each other as Tea's Dark Magician Girl rose to her feet. Tea regained her composure.
“That thing is not Dark Magician Girl! Yours is just an evil clone of the real thing!” Tea snapped. The brunette Dark Magician Girl growled and fired a beam of fire at Tea. The blonde Dark Magician Girl raised her hand and blocked the blow with a barrier. Rochelle chuckled as the two holographic women once again engaged in a staring contest.
“Down girl, you'll attack her in good time.” Rochelle and the brunette Dark Magician Girl nodded at each other before both turning their attention back to Tea. “It seems this game has already become quite interesting, Tea. DMG is your favorite monster? What a coincidence, she's my favorite too. Look at them, they're practically mirror images. Except mine is much more beautiful.”
“What would you know about beauty, you sicko?” Tea yelled.
“You think I don't know about beauty Tea? I know a lot more about it then you might think.” Rochelle replied. “I used to be like you, until my eyes were opened to the world. There is beauty in the world, there is no doubt about that. But there is also ugliness. There is peace, but there is also war. There is good. But there is so much more evil. The bad things in the world far outnumber the good things Tea, and always have. I'm just smart enough to realize this. In a world of darkness, you can only rely on yourself, and all others be damned. The world of darkness is the world around us Tea, and once you realize that, you'll be no different from me.” Tea lowered her head and clenched her fists.
“You're insane.” She whispered. “You think this is a world of darkness? It's people like you who are to blame for that! Selfish people who only care about themselves and nothing else! People who strive to find the darkness and ignore the light will never see just how much light there really is! There are bad things in the world, and there always will be! But it's the good things that keep us going, keep us fighting the darkness. Things like family, friends, and…” Tea's thoughts drifted to Yugi. “And love.”
“Love? Don't make me laugh!” Rochelle sneered. “You're right, the darkness is always there, so fighting it is a lost cause! Embracing it is the truest way to see! I've seen a world of light, and I've seen a world of darkness! I've seen the good and the evil, and I know what is real and what is fake. The light is fleeting, but the darkness is eternal. Darkness is the one constant in this world, you can never escape it, why bother trying?”
“Embracing the darkness is to give up hope! Without the light there is only darkness and despair, and a world of darkness and despair is no world at all! It's a pointless life with no meaning! The light gives us that meaning! It's the light that makes this world great! It's the light that makes us live, that makes us human!” Tea shouted.
“You don't understand.” Rochelle said sadly. “But that's alright. Someone like you who has only ever seen the light cannot understand the darkness I have seen.” Rochelle's face grew more sinister. “So allow me to educate you, by introducing you to the darkness!” Tea growled.
“Bring it on!”
 
Anyone have déjà vu from when Yami dueled Arcana? Anyhow, time to vote on what my next Yugioh story should be!
 
The Duelist King
An adaptation of The Lion King. Starring Yami as Mufasa, Yugi as Simba, Tea as Nala, and Darek as Scar. Co-starring Tristan and Joey as Timon and Pumba, Dax, Carol and Drake as Banzai, Shanzi and Ed (The hyenas), Pegasus as Rafiki, Ishizu as Sarabi (Simba's mother), and Seth as Zazu.
Plot: Oh come on, who hasn't seen the Lion King???
 
The Seventh Element
An adaptation of The Fifth Element. Starring Tea as Korben, Yami as Leeloo, Bakura as Zorg, Malik as Father Cornelius, and Pegasus, aka `Maxie Rhod', as Ruby Rhod. Co-starring Kaiba as the president, Joey as General Monro, Mai as Finger, Drake as Zorg's assistant, Ishizu as David, and Darek as Aknot.
Plot: Other then her bad attitude and under-par driving skills, there's nothing note-worthy about Tokyo cab driver Tea Gardner in the year 2214. Then a so-called `Perfect Being' with tri-colored hair crashed through the roof of her cab and started speaking Ancient Egyptian. Now with a gender-questioned pop star and a priest of a millennia year old order, they must save the world from an evil force 5000 years in the making, an army of greedy aliens, and stop the schemes of the psychotic business man Ryou Bakura. And they can't stop evil from returning, all humanity is doomed.