Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Cheerleader Strikes Back ❯ Double Trouble ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Cheerleader Strikes Back
 
Chapter 17
 
Double Trouble
 
“I can't believe this.” Tea muttered, looking over the copy of the contract Pegasus had given her. The female duelist was in the Industrial Illusions copter, heading back to Domino with Yugi, Joey and Tristan. Drake and Ax were in the cockpit piloting. “With this kind of money, I'll be able to afford a mansion if New York.” Yugi smiled.
“That's great isn't it?” He asked. Inwardly he was kinda disappointed. Yes, Tea was happy and would be able to afford to move to New York once she graduated. But that meant she would be leaving him…
“We're here.” Dax announced, landing the copter on the Domino pier. Tea and the gang hopped out.
“Congrats on the contract. Good to have you as part of the company.” Drake smiled. “Right Dax?” He asked, looking over his shoulder at his partner. Dax grinned.
“Yeah, good to have you aboard, Queen of Games.” Dax said, looking Tea over.
“Queen of Games?!?” Tea and company spun around. Did you really think we were done you little hag?” Rochelle seethed, marching along the docks. Vick was hot on her heels. Dorien and Cyrus were no where to be seen.
“You again?” Tea shouted. “What do you want?”
“There's no way in hell a goody-goody two shoes like you is the Queen of Games!” Rochelle snapped. Yugi was confused.
“Tea, do you know her?” He asked. Tea nodded.
“Sadly, yeah. She's the one who locked me in the warehouse.”
“Damn right, I'm the one who deserves to be Queen, not a wanna-be like you!” Rochelle snapped.
“She's is the official Queen.” Dax said. “She dueled Maximillion Pegasus himself not to long ago, and won the official title. Sorry.” Rochelle glared.
“Then I'm challenging you!” She roared, pointing her finger in Tea's face. “There's no way a wimp like you could be the Queen! And Vick, take care of Muto!” Vick nodded and flipped on his Duel Disk.
“Hold on!” Tea yelled. “I've been dueling all day, and it'll be dark in a few hours. I'm tired and I want to go home!”
“I think you should duel her.” Drake sighed. “You're not just the Queen, you're our mascot, remember? It'll be bad for our image if you turn down a duel.” Tea sweatdropped.
“You've got to be kidding.” She groaned.
“I've got a way to make this easier.” Dax suggested. “If Vick wants to duel Yugi, and this…whatever she is, wants to duel you Tea…maybe you should double team the suckers.” Yugi nodded.
“Yeah. I say it's high time we got rid of these two once and for all!” He said. Tea looked down at him.
“You sure about this Yugi?” She asked.
“You bet Tea. We're a team now, the King and Queen of Games. If they want a piece of us, we'll duel them together.” Yugi replied. Tea smiled and knelt down.
“Thanks Yugi.” She said, kissing the duelist on the cheek.
“This is making me gag, get on with it!” Rochelle snapped. Tea stood up as Rochelle and Vick flipped on their Duel Disks.
“I can't wait to teach these two a lesson.” Tea muttered. Yugi nodded.
“Yeah. If they won't loan by losing individually, they'll learn by losing as a team!” He added. Vick snorted as he drew his first card.
“I dun tink so Muto. I'll start da match with `Bokirachi the Frightening Car' (500, 500). And I activate `Machine Duplication' ta summon 2 more Frightening Cards right from my deck.” The three train cars rolled onto the field and glared at Yugi. “Den I play `Graceful Charity', ta draw 3 cards and discard 2. Then I play `Da Shallow Grave' to revive one of my monsters face down. I'll set dis and end my turn.” Vick let his train cars sit by his side as his 4th monster lay on the field.
“My move!” Yugi yelled. “I'm summoning `Stone Golem Lv3' (300, 2000). And I activate `Level Up!' to level up my Golem into `Stone Golem Lv5' (1000, 2600). I'll set two cards down and end my turn.” Yugi's giant stone statue knelt in front of him, arms crossed over a stone chest.
“My turn then.” Rochelle cackled. “I play `Dark World Lightning'. By discarding a card from my hand, I can destroy your face down card Muto!” Yugi's `Potion of Level Creation' was destroyed.
“Nice job!” Yugi said. “By destroying my Trap card, you set off its effect, letting me move a Level monster from my deck to my hand.” Rochelle rolled her eyes.
“Big deal. I play `Cost Down', and discard a monster to demote all my monsters by 2 levels. Then I play `Legendary Fiend' (1500, 1800). As long as my fiend is in play, every time I begin my turn, he gains 700 attack points! I'll set a card and end my turn.” Rochelle's winged monster hovered above her head and sneered at Tea.
“My turn now. Get ready to lose again Rochelle!” Tea shouted. “I summon `Hysteric Fairy' (1800, 600). Hysteric Fairy, attack Legendary Fiend!” The male fairy jumped into the air to deliver a spinning kick to the monster.
“Activate `Mirror Force Armor'!” Rochelle cackled. A mystic glass armor shone into being around Legendary Fiend. Hysteric Fairy bounced off and hit Vick's face down monster. “My trap prevents you from attacking my Legendary Fiend, and lets me redirect the attack to my darling Vick's monster.”
“Dat's right.” Vick snickered. “And my monster is `Decoichi The Battlechanted Locomotive' (1400, 1000). And tanks to `is flip effect, I can draw card for each Frightening Car on the field. So tanks for da 3 cards.” Hysteric Fairy slammed into the train engine, and the machine crumbled into a pile of rust.
“I'll end my turn then.” Tea muttered. Vikc smirked.
“Gold, den it's my turn.” He laughed. “I set a monster in defense and end my turn.” Vick chuckled. Yugi drew and smiled.
“Okay, this is it Vick! I play `'Level Modulation', which lets Rochelle draw two cards, and revives my Stonr Golem Lv3. Then I offer both of my Golems as Tributes to summon `Dark Magician' (2500, 2100)!” Yugi's trademark Spellcaster rose onto the field with a twirl of his staff. “And I'm not done. I play `Diffusion Wave Motion'. Now by paying 1000 Life Points, my Dark Magician can attack all your monsters at once! Dark Magician, attack Vick's monsters!” The mage flung out its staff and sent out shockwaves of magic. Vick's Frightening Cars and `Trojan Horse' (1500, 1600) were destroyed. “And now that there's only 1 opposing monster, Rochelle's Mirror Force Armor is destroyed, letting me attack Legendary Fiend!” A shockwave of magic hit the fiend, and it exploded. “I'll set this card down and end my turn.”
 
-Tea: 8000, Yugi: 7000, Vick: 8000, Rochelle: 7000-
 
“You little fool!” Rochelle laughed. “You two are entirely so predictable. You destroyed my Fiend, only to fall victim to my real strategy! Now, I remove Archfiend Soldier, Legendary Fiend, and Mazera DeVille from play, to call forth `Dark Necrofear' (2200, 2800)!” With a flash of purple power, an open grave opened in the ground before Rochelle, and a ghostly shadow rose into the air. With a howl of pain, the Dark Necrofear materialized out of the shadow. “Now I'll set a card and end my turn.” Tea frowned.
“That makes no sense. She could have easily destroyed Hysteric Fairy. She's up to something…” I draw, and sacrifice my monster to summon `Dark Magician Girl' (2000, 1700)!” The blonde mage appeared on the field with a loud pop. “Look familiar Rochelle? She's gonna finish what she started last time!”
“That's right!” Yugi said. “With both Dark Magician Girl and Dark Magician, you're in no position to fight back!”
“Especially once I play `Magic Fusion'! This removes one monster in the Graveyard, and one monster on the field, from play, and fuses them. So now I can fused Dark Magician Girl with Hysteric Fairy to create `Ancient Magician of Beauty- Mana'! (2800, 2500) (1)” Dark Magician Girl's robes turned an angelic white as her hair darkened from blonde to brown.
“And I'm upgrading my mage too! Activate `Dedication Through Light and Darkness'!” Yugi said. “This turns my Dark Magician into `Dark Magician of Chaos' (2800, 2600).” A pentagram appeared under Dark Magician, and with a burst of red light, he transformed into the infamous Chaos Mage.
“Wow, a pumped up DMG and a pumped up DM.” Rochelle muttered. “This will be more fun then I thought.”
“You want fun?” Tea yelled. “Mana, attack Dark Necrofear!” The brunette mage swung her staff and sent a beam of white magic into Dark Necrofear's chest. With a scream of agony, the ghost turned white and vanished in a puff of smoke.
 
-Tea: 8000, Yugi: 7000, Vick: 8000, Rochelle: 6400-
 
“I place a card face down and end my turn.” Tea said. Rochelle smirked.
“Fine. Then I'll activate Dark Necrofear's special ability!” A shadow rose from Rochelle's Duel Disk and flew into Mana. Tea gasped as the Spellcaster started to writhe in pain.
“What's going on, what is she doing to Mana?” Tea asked. Mana gasped as her robes started to turn black at the bottom.
“When Dark Necreofear is destroyed, it equips to one of your monsters. And with my Necrofear possessing her, Mana now becomes my slave! Try as she might to fight it, no monster can escape the Necrofear!” Rochelle mocked. Mana's eyes glowed red as her robes finished changing to pitch black. With a growled, the possessed mage floated over to rest in front of Rochelle.
“Now let's see how I can top dat.” Vick chuckled. “I know. I play `Swords of Revealing Light', and end my turn.” The shining swords rained down in front of Yugi and Tea. Yugi grimaced.
“I've gotta play something to keep Rochelle from attacking Tea…” Yugi muttered. “I set a card down and end my turn.” He announced. Rochelle smiled.
“Then it's my move, and the perfect chance to show off what your precious Mana can do under my control.” She giggled.
“Not so fast there!” Yugi yelled. “I play `Discreet Defense'. At a cost of 1000 Life Points, this prevents you from attacking Tea directly!” Rochelle rolled her eyes.
“Oh no. But that's okay, I never planned on attacking her anyway.” Tea raised an eyebrow. “Confused? Let me explain. My Necrofear controls Mana, but if the Equip card my Necrofear has become is destroyed, Mana reverts back to your control. And that's a risk I'm not willing to take. But fortunately, I have a way to get rid of her right now. I occurs to me that Mana and the Dark Magician of Chaos both have 2800 attack points.” Tea gasped as a wicked smile grew across Rochelle's face.
“You wouldn'!” Tea yelled. “Even you wouldn't do something like that!”
“Oh wouldn't I? Mana, attack the Dark Maigcian of Chaos now!” The female mage tightened her grip on her staff and raised it into the air. Bead of sweat rolled down her face as Mana fought Dark Necrofear's control.
“No! Mana, don't! It'll destroy both of you!” Tea pleaded.
“It's useless!” Rochelle cackled. “With the powers of the Dark Necrofear controlling her, Mana is my obedient slave! Mana, attack!” The female mage groaned as she tried to resist, but the Necrofear won out. With a roar of agony, Mana slammed her staff into the ground and fired a beam of black magic at Yugi's monster.