Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Cheerleader Strikes Back ❯ Dark Gods: Demon Lords Arise ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Cheerleader Strikes Back
 
Chapter 19
 
Dark Gods: Demon Lords Arise
 
“I start off by playing `Graceful Charity', which allows me to draw 3 cards, and discard 2. Next, I play `Fortune Telling Stone. All I have to do is discard a card, and this card lets me look at the top 5 cards of my deck and rearrange them as I wish.” Kaiba smirked. “Next, I remove `Divine Dragon Ragnarok' and `Lord of Dragons' from play to call forth `Chaos Emperor Dragon' (3000, 2500)!” Kaiba laughed as a large, gilded lizard rose onto the field behind him. “And next, I activate his special ability, and pay 1000 Life Points to send all the cards in our hands and on the field to the Graveyard!” The Emperor Dragon roared and slammed a gigantic foot into the ground. A tremor shook as it fell into a vast chasm. “And that's not all, next, you lose 300 points for every card my dragon just destroyed!”
 
-Tea: 5300, Kaiba: 7000-
 
“That's all for now!” Tea smiled.
“An impressive move Kaiba, but you have no hand and are wide open for an attack!” Tea drew and nodded. “I play `Pot of Greed', and draw two cards. Then I summon `Maha Vailo' (1550, 1400). Maha Vailo, attack!” The meditating Spellcaster raised his hand and fired a beam of magic at Kaiba's chest.
 
-Tea: 5300, Kaiba: 5450-
 
“It's the luck of the draw Kaiba! I may have gotten lucky before, but from the way this duel is going, maybe I did win legitimately!” Tea yelled. Kaiba sneered.
“You really think its luck? You idiot…a true duelist doesn't rely on luck, he relies on skill! And in case you've forgotten, thanks to my Fortune Telling Stone, I know exactly what's on top of my deck. And its exactly what I need to put you in your place!”
“One card is going to do that?” Tea asked in disbelief. “Okay Kaiba, take your best shot!”
“Oh I will, little cheerleader, I will!” Kaiba snatched his card and slipped it into his Duel Disk. “I activate `Dragon's Mirror'!” A large, glowing mirror appeared in front of Kaiba.
“Dragon's Mirror?” Tea asked. “I've never heard of that card before.” Kaiba chuckled.
“My mirror reflects the images of Dragon monsters in my Graveyard. Then, it lets me remove them from play to fuse them into a new Dragon!” He explained.
“Nice card, but there's one flaw in your scheme Kaiba!” Yugi said. “You only have 1 Dragon in the Graveyard, and that means you don't have enough to fuse!” Kaiba shook his head.
“I didn't expect Gardner over there to catch on, but you of all people Yugi, should know my deck by now. Chaos Emperor Dragon was the only Dragon I summoned. But when I activated his special ability, I discarded 3 Dragons from my hand.” The second Kaiba spoke those words, Yugi gasped.
“3 Dragons…no way! You couldn't have gotten them all on your first turn!” He protested. Kaiba sneered.
“Now, I remove from play my 3 `Blue Eyes White Dragons', in order to fuse them into `Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon' (4500, 3800)!!!” The image of the infamous 3-headed Blue Eyes appeared in the Dragon's Mirror, and with a crack and a crash, the mirror shattered, and the Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon flew onto the field. Tea gaped in horror.
“He summoned his strongest monster on his second turn!” She cried. Kaiba threw back his head and laughed.
“Now, Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon, show this pathetic cheerleader real power! Neutron Blast Attack!” The Blue Eyes opened its mouths and summoned a triangular beam of energy. The heads fired the blast of electricity at Maha Vailo. Maha screamed in horror as the ground beneath it exploded, sending Tea sprawling backwards to the ground.
 
-Tea: 2250, Kaiba: 5450-
 
“Not good.” Tea groaned, climbing to her feet.
“Damn right!” Kaiba snapped. “You want to be the Queen of Games, you have to earn the title! If you can't handle a little pressure, then you're even more pathetic than I thought!”
“I'm going to make you eat those words Kaiba.” Tea growled. “I place a monster in defense, and activate `Swords of Revealing Light' to prevent you from attacking for 3 turns.” Kaiba rolled his eyes as the glowing swords imprisoned his prized Blue Eyes.
“That means nothing to me.” He snickered. “Observe, as I play `Pot of Greed' to draw 2 cards. `Then I activate `Mysterious Reinforcements'. You seem a little outgunned, so I'll help you out. This card lets both of us call on any level 4 monster from our decks. And I know exactly what I'm summoning. Meet `Witch of the Black Forest' (1100, 1200).” Tea nodded.
“And I'm summoning `Shining Angel' (1400, 800). Try and destroy him, and I can summon another monster.” Kaiba rolled his eyes. “It doesn't matter how many monsters she has. I've been controlling this duel since the beginning, and in just one more turn, she'll know the meaning of true terror.”
“I set a monster in defense and end my turn. One turn of Swords is up.” Kaiba muttered. Tea nodded.
“I know. I'll set a monster in defense and end my turn.” She said. Kaiba sneered.
“Good. And now, I'm going to teach what it means to be crushed. Prepare for the most humiliating defeat of your short career Gardner! I flip up `Summoner of Illusions' (800, 900). This card lets me offer my Witch as Tribute, to call forth any Fusion monster.” Kaiba chuckled. “One Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon had you cowering. So I expect that 2 Ultimate Dragons will terrify you!!” Tea's jaw dropped as a second three-headed Blue Eyes rose onto the field.
“No way!” Yugi shouted. “You can't do that Kaiba!”
“Well I just did!” Kaiba shot back. “I suppose I should thank you, Gardner. You opened my eyes to the limitations of my former deck. While fusing 3 Blue Eyes White Dragons is a mighty strategy, there are so many other ways to call forth my strongest beast besides Fusion. Now, since my Witch of the Black Forest was sent to the Graveyard, I can select a monster from my deck and place it in my hand. But don't worry, I'm summoning it right away. I summon `Cyber-Stein' (700, 500).” A tiny cyborg appeared on the field, looking miniature in the shadow of the two Ultimate Dragons. “And now, I'm activating his special ability! By paying 5000 Life Points, I can special summon another Fusion monster!”
“This is insane Kaiba!” Tea screamed. “You have less than 500 Life Points now! You're giving up everything just for your Blue Eyes!” Kaiba's eye twitched.
“My Blue Eyes White Dragons are all I need!” He roared. “Come forth, my third Ultimate Dragon!” The final 3-headed Blue Eyes appeared. “Now I control 3 unstoppable Dragons, and there's nothing you can do to stop them!” Kaiba laughed. “I play my final card `Dimension Hole', which removes my second Blue Eyes from play for a turn, allowing him to avoid my Summoner of Illusion's effect from destroying him. And since your swords are still in effect, I'll just say go.” Tea gulped.
 
-Tea: 2250, Kaiba: 450-
 
“I need a miracle.” She whispered. “I set a monster in defense mode and end my turn.” Kaiba laughed again as he saw his card.
“Excellent, just perfect. I play `Consuming Darkness'. This card destroys my Summoner of Illusions and my Cyber-Stein. Then, I can destroy one of your monsters for each of mine I just destroyed!” Tea gasped as Shining Angel and `Absorbing Kid from the Sky' (1300, 1000) shattered. “So now, on my next turn I'm free to attack, and there's only one monster standing between you and 3 versions of the most powerful card in history!” Kaiba mocked. “Face it, you were never good enough to beat me. I command the 3 strongest cards in the game now, and there's nothing that can beat them, save for the Egyptian God cards!” Tea gasped.
“The Egyptian Gods cards…Kaiba's right. The God Cards would be able to wipe the floor with those Dragons. But they were destroyed when Yami went back to the spirit world.” Tea sighed. Without the god cards, there was no chance she'd win.
“I'll draw.” She muttered. Tea looked at her card. It was a start. “I play `Spell of Sanctity', which lets both of us draw cards until we hold 6 in our hands.” Tea drew her cards, and gasped at the last one. “I don't remember this. This must be one of the cards Pegasus gave me. I never really did take a look at them before.” Tea looked at the card and did a double take. “It can't be…this looks like…”
“Hurry up already, I've got a duel to win!” Kaiba yelled. A smile slid across Tea's face.
“You were wrong Kaiba. There are cards other than the God cards that can beat your Dragons!”
“You're delusional!” Kaiba replied.
“Really? I'll show you. I play `Spell Absorption', which gives me 500 Life Points every time a Spell card is played. “And I'm also playing `Two-Man Cell Battle' and `Banner of Courage'! This gives me an extra 1000 points!”
 
-Tea: 3250, Kaiba: 450-
 
“And now its time to summon my monster, a beast with the strength of a God card!” Tea said.
“That's impossible!” Kaiba laughed. “God cards need 3 Tributes to be summoned, and you only have 1 monster!”
“True.” Tea admitted. “But who said I'm Tributing 3 monsters? The monster I'm summoning needs 3 Spell cards as Tributes! So I send my 3 Spells to the Graveyard to summon this!” A large, black vortex appeared in the sky as the sky overhead clouded over. Thunder rumbled as a glowing golden ball lowered to the ground.
“No way!” Kaiba said, shocked. “That can't be! That's not the Winged Dragon of Ra!” He shouted. Tea nodded.
“You finally got it right Kaiba. This isn't Ra, but it is just as strong. Let me tell you, there's only thing worse than a Legendary God card!” Kaiba took a step back as the golden orb cracked open in a flash of purple light.
“Just as the Pharaoh was entrusted with the protection of the 3 Gods, so shalt his Queen protect the 3 Demons!” Tea gasped as Teana's voice rang in her ears. Before her, the golden monster spread its wings and glared down at Kaiba. It looked like a shining gold skeleton, with a pair of large horns atop its head. If Kaiba didn't know any better, he would swear it was…some sort of `evil' version of the Winged Dragon of Ra.
“Like I said, the only thing worse than the Legendary Gods are the Legendary Demons!” Tea cheered. “Like my new monster, `Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder' (4000, 4000)!” At the sound of his name, Hamon raised his head and roared. With a clash of thunder, a lightning bolt streaked from the sky and struck the beast, casting it in a brilliant electric blue glow.
“Just as there were 3 God cards, Pegasus gave me 3 Demon cards!” Tea explained. Kaiba gapped at Hamon as the demon summoned another show of lightning. The demon roared again and sneered at Kaiba's 3 Ultimate Dragons. “And with Hamon on my side, you've got a real challenge now! You seem to think this duel is over Kaiba, but in my opinion, we've barely even started!”
 
I'll say it now, I'm not going to pull some cheesy stunt and make up a Fusion of the 3 Ultimate Dragons. A 9-headed Blue Eyes? F.G.D. is bad enough.