Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Fruit of Temptation ❯ Arranged Marriage ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Shadow: You guys voted most for this so...Welcome to our newest ficcie!! I'm actually going to attempt a past fic! And, just to make it easier, Yami will be called Yami...NOT Atemu! ^_^ Get it? Got it? Good!!

Specter: Also, this ficcie is dedicated to a good friend of ours: Unica the Black Raven!! HOPE YOU LIKE IT UNICA!!

Shadow: ^_^ Now everyone, please R&R!!!

DISCLAIMER: Yugi: Shadow and Specter don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! or anything about Egypt or Rome!! Except this cool little fan from Venice [waves the fan over his face] ^^;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`< br />
The Fruit of Temptation

By, Shadow-Specter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~```


It was the year 600 B.C. Rome and Egypt had been at war for control over new lands for the past twelve years and neither empire was showing any signs of wanting to give up. The Egyptians felt the most impact of the war,their economy being greatly hurt due to the loss of money. Rome, as well, was having financial difficulties. Common families apposed the war, saying it cost too much and that the amount of casualties was too high. Citizens of both countries had threatened to overthrow their leader if the war went on for much longer.

Desperate to save their empires, the Emperor of Rome and Pharaoh Egypt met and formed a plan. They decided that to unite their waring families, the Pharaoh's oldest son would marry the Emperor's youngest daughter. Such a marriage would make the two empires form into a mighty force. Once everyone agreed to these terms, the two rulers decided to hold the wedding in Rome three months from then.

The Pharaoh's son, a charming man of nineteen years, had apposed the idea at first, thinking it was apalling that his father was using him to solve his own problems.

~~~`

"I will not marry her."

"Yami," The Pharaoh said in a warning tone.

Yami's eyes narrowed, "I'm not. You cannot force me."

The prince's father growled, "I suggest you show some respect when speaking to your Pharaoh!" He sighed, sitting on his throne, "Anzu is a beautiful young girl. You should feel honored that you will be marrying someone that any man would die for."

"Don't you get it?!" Yami yelled, taking a step toward the throne, "I don't want to marry someone for their looks! I want to marry the one I fall in love with!"

Pharaoh snorted and opened his mouth to say something. "Akunamukadin," a voice cut him off. He turned, seeing the queen behind him. The queen smiled kindly, "let me talk to him. He needs to be reasoned with, not yelled at."

The king rolled his eyes, "fine. I trust you will slap some sense into his thick headed skull, Leila," he said to his wife and motioned for the two of them to leave him.

The queen smiled, wrapping an arm around her son's shoulder, "come, Yami. I wish to speak with you."
Yami obeyed and followed his mother out of the throne room and down the long stone hallway, "son, you have grown to be a fine young man...one that any woman would be privalaged to get to spend the rest of their life with." She smiled, leading them to the courtyard. She sat down on a stone bench near a pond and pulled her son next to her, "your father has been kind enough to arrange you a marriage with a beautiful young lady. You should be very grateful."

The red eyed teen snorted, "I think I should be able to choose who I marry."

"Yami," The woman spoke kindly, reaching her arm out and cupping her son's face in her hand, "please understand what this would mean...we could finally end this silly war with Rome," The queen said.

"Okay then why can't one of my brothers marry her?!"

The prince's mother smiled, "because your brothers are too young. You are a fine young gentleman, just the right age to marry a lovely young maiden."

"--One that I should be able to choose on my own! One that I'll like!" Yami cut her off.

The queen tut-tutted him, "How do you know you won't like Anzu? You haven't even met the girl. I'm sure once you meet her and get to know her, you'll love her."

Yami rolled his eyes, "And I'll bet I'd rather be eaten alive by scarab beatles than get the chance!"

Leila sighed, "Yami you are too much like Pharaoh already. Please just do this."

The prince looked over at his mother through the corner of his eye. He rested his head in the palm of his hand and exhaled, "I'll go and meet her. But if I don't like I won't marry her."

"Yami," the queen chided.

The nineteen-year-old grimaced, "fine! I'll marry her! But that doesn't meen I'll love her. In fact, after she produces and heir, I'll banish her."

"You will have the power to do that. However," Leila paused, "the only thing that would do is start another war. I really don't think anyone in either empires would appreciate that."

Yami rolled his eyes, "fine I won't banish her...but I still won't love her."

The queen smiled and embraced her son, "just try to get along with her. That is all your father and I are asking of you. Now tomorrow you will leave for Rome to meet her."

~~~`

"Anzu, I wish to have a word with you," the Emperor of Rome bellowed out, knocking on the door to his daughter's bed chamber. The door opened and a red haired girl bowed at the ruler who smiled and walked passed the girl. The slave rushed back to what she was doing.

"Shizuka, you are dismissed," a brown haired young girl said.

The slave smiled and bowed to the princess, "good day Miss." She bowed to the girl's father, "good day emperor."

The king nodded and walked over to the bed where his only daughter lay. He sighed, noticing tears in her eyes, "still mourning over your dear younger brother's departure, are you Anzu? He left three days ago, you shouldn't still be upset!"

Anzu sat up and wiped the tears from her crystal blue eyes, "it is lonely without Yugi here."

Emperor Giovanni smiled, "Yes, Yugi does brighten up the palace. But do not fret, he has just went on a voyage to Sicily with our kinsman Otogi. He shall return in a few days."

"I know, father. But I just hate not seeing his bright face every day."

"Anzu, Anzu, Anzu. Dry those tears from your eyes, for I come with some excellent happy news." The brunette's face brightened and she eagerly listened to what the other had to say. "I have arranged for you, my daughter, a marriage to a wonderful young man."

Anzu gasped, "really?!" she squealed. "Who am I to marry, father?"

The emperor smiled at his daughter's reaction, patting the fifteen-year-old on the head, "a handsome young man, young prince I should say."

"Prince?!"

"Yes, yes. Prince."

"Of where?"

"Of Egypt, dear daughter."

The brunette teen dramatically placed a hand over her forehead, "Oh my! Really is he prince of such an exotic land? Does he have a bronzing tan and uniquely colored eyes?" she questioned, fluttering her long eyelashes.

The king laughed heartily, "I am not sure. But you will find out for yourself when he arrives in a few days." The young girl excitedly clapped her hands. "I am glad you approve of the match, little princess."

"Oh father I have never been more happy! I can't await till his arrival! We must throw a party to celebrate when he comes...a masque!* How about it father, shall we throw a masque party to celebrate my soon be husband's coming?" The princess asked.

"Of course, of course we shall. I will talk with your mother to arrange it," the king answered, smiling at his daughter;s enthusiasm. He stood, "now I must be going."

"Father, before you leave," Anzu stopped him. "I wish to know the name of the prince."

Emperor Giovanni smiled, "his name is Yami." He then turned and left.

Anzu smiled and walked over to her mirror. Taking a brush of the golden stand, she ran it through her short chestnut colored hair, "Yami what a perfect name. I'll bet he's so handsome..." she looked at herself in the mirror, "what if I don't please him?" she questioned herself, panicked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

Shadow: I'm sorry if that chapter seemed really boring but I'll try and make it more exciting later! Prologues usually are boring so...blah. But don't worry, Yami will meet Yugi soon ^_~

Specter: ^__^ please R&R!! We need 5 or more reviews to continue this!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* Masque: a formal party where all the party-goers where masks to conceal their identities.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

R&R PLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEE