Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Fruit of Temptation ❯ Double Marriage ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It was dark out. The moon shone brilliantly in the night. A small tri haired boy lay fast asleep in his bed, curled into the sheets with a little smile on his face. He woke as he heard noise coming from the balcony of his bedroom. Blinking his tired eyes, the Roman Prince pushed the covers away, shuffling over to the balcony. He pushed the white curtain aside and saw a shadowed figure standing on one of the trees near the balcony. The little prince gasped and ran over to the balcony's ledge. "Yami?!"

The Egyptian grinned, jumping down from the tree and onto the balcony. "good evening, sweet Yugi."

The tri-haired boy approached the taller. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you...is that a problem?" The tanned teen answered.

Yugi shook his head. "But so late? The moon and stars have been out for hours."

Yami hooked an arm around the smaller's waist. "Which makes it the perfect time to visit. No one can disturb us..." He leaned down and placed a kiss on the prince's lips.

The Roman boy smiled. "Guards still roam the halls."

"--But we'll remain in the shadows, so they cannot spot us."

The violet eyed youth nodded, pushing aside the curtain and guiding Yami into his chamber. "This way then. They cannot enter without my consent. It is safe until sunrise." The moment they were inside and out of view, the taller pushed the younger onto the bed, kissing him deeply. Yugi laughed. "My, my, someone is in a bit of a rush."

Yami chuckled in response. "It's been too long since I've had the privilage of kissing your tender lips, sweet love."

"Sweet love? You've kissed me all but twice and you call me a lover? You pour your heart out so soon?"

The red eyed prince frowned and stood. "Are you refusing my heart?"

"No, never!"

"Your actions prove your statement false."

Yugi shook his head and sat up on the bed, looking away. "I do not know if I should love so soon. Father came to me earlier, just after you left. He said he thinks I should find myself a bride."

The Egyptian gasped. "A bride at so young? While you're such a tender age? Fifteen, perhaps sixteen years most?!" he asked.

"Hardly. I've seen only thirteen summers," the petite one corrected.

"And Seto tries to tell my I'm young, while I've seen six more years pass by than my own dear lover. My, such a gap between us. Is this what has you worried? Are you afraid others might frown at the fact that you've lived less years?" Yami questioned, situating himself on the matress.

The amethyst eyed boy laid his head in the taller's lap. "Most certainly not. I am ashamed not of my age, for it is only a number. I am though, at myself for falling in love with you. It is not right, I know, for me to love my own flesh and blood's set lover." He sighed. "But I can't help it. Curpid, the rascal, hit me hard with his arrows. This love I've fallen into is one I cannot get out of. Oh me, why must the gods curse me so?"

"Why do you weep?" Yami inquired. "I've told you earlier that my love shant be given to any sibling of yours for you, sweet Yugi, are the only one this Prince can ever love. And though Pharaoh would be angry with my choice--"

"--Anger?! Oh Jupiter!" Tears formed in Yugi's eyes. "If there is anger, there is sure to be violence. Violence is not what are kingdoms want. We just became peaceful towards eachother. Our love, my Yami, might start another war!"

"If not a soul knows of our love, not a soul can start a war. It our love remains only that, ours, our own little secret, our own little affair, no fighting should break out. Just keep our love to ourselves, and no anger shall arise."

The smaller prince sniffed. "But what of my sister? What of Anzu? Will she not grow jealous if you don't treat her as a proper lover? And what of our parents, they are not stupid. They will grow suspicious, no, if they get a glimpse of our affection?"

Yami ran a hand through the little one's hair. "I have confidence, sweet Yugi, that the gods will see us through. Whatever happens will happen, no matter if our emotions towards each other are those of love or despise. But through it all, good and bad, remember what I say. I love you, have loved you, since the ball when I first saw you dancing. And the love inside me for you will not die, I swear it. I will not part with you until the day you wish for me to leave."

Yugi smiled softly. "Do you mean what you say?"

"If I didn't, I would not have let the words escape my lips."

"You promise you will never leave?"

"Would you like me to leave?"

"Never ever."

"Then leave you I will not."

The thirteen year old placed an arm around the older's neck, drawing him down and placing a chaste kiss on his lips. "And I will never part with you either, and neither will the love in side my heart."

~~~

The sun's rays filtered through the white curtains and poured into the large chamber, illuminating the room in a warm light. In the large bed in the center of the bedroom, Prince Yugi stirred, clenching his eyes tightly in effort to keep out the intruding sun. A soft moan escaped his lips as he tossed to the side, trying anything to keep the morning brightness from penetrating his sleep-filled mind. Finally giving in, the little teen sat up, pushing the covers off himself and stretching his limbs. He yawned loudly and rubbed his eyes, blinking them a few times to adjust to the sun's light which filled his room.

Turning to the side, he noticed Yami did not lay by his as he had been when he fell asleep. Idly, the prince wondered when the Egyptian had left the previous night.

There was a soft knock at the door. "eh, Master Yugi, the Emperor requests yer presence in the dining hall," said Jonouchi's voice from the opposite side of the door.

"Enter, Jonouchi."

The blonde slave walked into the room with a smile. "Morning, Master Yugi. Yer father says he has some good news for ya."

Yugi raised an eyebrow. That could mean anything. "What sort of news?" he wondered aloud.

Jou shrugged. "I dunno, he didn't tell me. Ya best dress yerself and scurry down quickly to find out, eh?"

The smaller nodded. "Quickly, help me dress please."

"O' course."

The two opened the bureau and Yugi pulled out a casual outfit. Jonouchi helped him out of his night clothes and into the day's attire. The little prince smiled at his reflection, but it soon dissapeared as he noticed his messy hair. "Oh dear. I can't make my presence known with hair this frazzled." He reached for the nightstand and grabbed his comb, giving it to his slave and telling him to brush the knots out.

The blonde obediantly did as told, running the golden brush through the silky tri-colored locks. "Dere," he stated, putting the comb away. "All neat and knot free. Ya look splendid, Master Yugi, as always."

"Much thanks, Jonouchi. Now, if you wouldn't mind escorting me down?"

Jou shook his head, holding his arm out to his Prince. "O' course not, Master." Yugi took his arm and the servant led him down the hallway and down a set of marble stairs to the large dining room where the royal family sat waiting.

"My son, what has kept you asleep for so long?" The Emperor asked, setting his wine glass down on the big wooden table.

"My apologies, Emperor," the prince said with a bow. "I didn't mean to keep you all waiting. It won't happen again, I assure you."

The Roman king nodded and watched his child take a seat. Anzu smiled and embraced her younger sibling. "Oh dear Yugi! How I have missed you! I was unable to find you during the ball, I'm sorry to say. Did you enjoy yourself?"

Yugi nodded. "Oh yes, it was great fun. I'm pleased to see you again as well, sister."

The brunette princess hugged him again. "Oh, dear Yugi, have you met my lover? My betrothed?"

"No, I don't believe I has. Show me to him."

The blue eyed girl giggled. "He is here, in front of you. Is he not handsome? I feel like a puddle every time I look into those crimson eyes."

The little one rolled his eyes and smiled at Yami who sat to his sibling's right. "Good morrow," he greeted.

Yami smirked and raised an eyebrow. "Is the day so young, or have you just risen late?"

The violet eyed teen cocked his head to the side. "The sky looks newly risen. What time is it now?"

"But new struck nine*," Anzu informed. "My lover is right, you have risen late."

Yugi put a hand to his forhead. "Pardon me then for my tardiness."

Anzu smiled. "'Tis quite alright, dear brother. We have not been waiting long. Breakfast is being served late due to an early meeting father had with his council."

"Ah, I understand then."

A few servants brought out platters of fresh fruits and breads. Some came around and refilled the wine glasses.

Seto sipped his wine slowly, eyeing his cousin who sat next to Anzu, his fingers intwined with hers as an act to show affection. A small blush was sprinkled across the princess's face as the Egyptian rubbed his thumb gently across the top of her hand, caressing the skin lightly. The high priest in training rolled his eyes and popped a grape into his mouth. What a joke to make. Mocking love was what his kinsman was doing. He could at least not touch her.

After a few moments, the emperor spoke, drawing the guest's attention even though his speaking was directed at his young son. "Yugi, after thinking all through the night, I have come up with an idea that I believe you will appreciate."

The little prince squeaked as all eyes turned from the king to him. He looked towards his father. "What might that be, emperor?"

The Roman ruler grinned and stood, approaching his son. "I thought it was not fair that your sister should be marying and you should not. Plus, you need to start thinking of a possible heir to inherit the throne after you pass from this world."

"B-but father! I have not even taken the throne yet! S-surely it is too...too soon to be thinking of a marriage!" The boy stuttered.

"I don't want to hear your excuses. I know marriage is not something you've been fond of, but I have found a solution I am sure you will agree too."

Knowing it would be stupid to argue with the king, even if it was his father, Yugi nodded. "Continue."

"The Pharaoh, queen, and I have discussed it and we believe that a double marriage would be appropriate."

"Double marriage?!" This time it was not only the Roman prince who shouted this, but Yami and Anzu as well.

The Pharaoh-to-be turned to his mother and father with a look of disbelief on his face.

Emperor Giovanni nodded. "Yes. We think it would be nice if the weddings took place on the same date. So, Yugi, since the wedding is two months from now, I will be sending in young noble maidens from around the kingdom who I think will please you. You may choose between them for your bride."

"What if I dislike all of them?!"

The ruler chuckled. "There's bound to be one you like, my boy."

Yugi sulked in his chair, facing the floor. His eyes were blank. This just was not fair! This made him have to worry about another thing, on top of the large pile of problems he already hard! //Yami and I will never be able to keep our love. Not when we both must wed separate people. I refuse to be with two people...that would be unfair to whomever my future wife is. But, I don't want to lose my love, Yami, either.//

He closed his eyes and let a lone tear fall down his cheek. He barely heard Anzu's squeal of delight as she embraced her fiancé and her brother, giggling about how wonderful this news was. The prince wiped the tear away and stood, facing his father. "May I be excused?" he requested.

The emperor nodded and Yugi ran out of the room, tears now falling from his usually cheerful amethyst orbs. Yami stood up as well, arm outstretched but Anzu put a hand on his shoulder. "He's just headed to the temples to pray, I'm guessing. He goes usually every morning."

The Egyptian prince nodded slowly and resumed his place next to the princess, taking her hand once more and rubbing it with fake affection.

~~~

*but new struck nine: not an original line. Actually, this quote was taken from Romeo and Juliet. a line from Benvolio. Just thought I'd let you guys know ^^;