Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Light That Never Goes Out ❯ "Tell Me The Whole Story" ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 12 -

Yami Bakura slammed to phone down. What a waste of time! Malik didn't even know where he was going, the jerk.

~Then again, he has allot of people working for him.~ the white haired spirit reasoned. ~ If he can't find this place, he can make them do it for him.~

He turned and looked towards the bathroom door. ~ In the meantime, I have to get my baka hikari to unlock the door and speak to me. That's where the real problem lies.~

He walked over to the side wall next to the bathroom, and leaned against it pondering.

~ He was so upset.did he know something weird was going on?~

Bakura meanwhile, approached the door cautiously on wobbly legs. Was it safe to come out? Would Yami Bakura be waiting there to teach him a lesson? His sore body couldn't take a beating..but he couldn't stay there either. He was feeling weak and light headed again.

His hand hesitated on the door nob. Then swiftly , decisively, he unlocked it. He opened it as quietly as he could, peering out of a tiny crack. The slowly he pulled it back a little more. He caught a glimpse of silver hair - his Yami! His stomach clenched. He should have known, it was way too quiet out there.

Impulsively , he slammed it back shut.

Yami Bakura sighed. " As if I can't pick the lock, boy. I'm a thief, I can get into any room I want -"

" - however," he continued, in a much more threatening one. " If I have to tare the place apart looking for something to pick it with, it will not be good for you when I get in there."

Bakura listened to this, his back against the door. His mind raced, looking for a way out. ~ Please, please just let be alone. Onegai!~ he thought desperately.

"So stop this foolishness and open the door, hikari." Yami Bakura crossed his arms and waited.

The boy let out anguished sigh of defeat. He couldn't get around this without getting hurt one way or the other. And his Yami had won again. Just like in his dream.

He heard a pop, and knew the door was unlocked. The door creaked open slowly, and his light stood there looking little less than terrified. But he tried look determinedly at the tombrobber all the same.

The darker one was alarmed by his other's appearance. He looked.awful. Under his eyes were so red. He was also paler than usual , and that was saying something for Bakura. He looked like he was just barely supporting himself on his legs.

Without really realizing what he was doing, Yami Bakura walked towards his gentler half and reached out to him.

~ I don't understand. I've been taking care of him - I thought he was getting better! He almost looks worse! WHAT is going on?!~

Bakura waited, heart pounding, for the first blow to come. ~ Please.please just don't hurt me too much, that's all I ask. I can't fight back.~

The Yami's eyes widened with surprise as he realized he was touching his hikari's cheek, right where the redness was near his eye. The boy winced, and recoiled.

~ He thinks I'm going to hit him.~ the spirit realized.

Bakura's eyes slowly opened. He wasn't in pain, so what was his Yami doing? He looked into Yami Bakura's eyes. And to his shock he saw fear and.and worry. Then the look was quickly masked.

~ And I should hit him, locking himself up like that, the brat!~ the Yami glowered and withdrew his hand He pulled back his fist.

Bakura let out a sob and threw his arms over his head and face. He backed against the wall.

When Yami Bakura heard his hikari sob, he lowered his fist. He found that suddenly he could not hit the boy. Bakura looked so helpless and miserable crying into hands.

But something in the back of his mind seemed to be chiding him that the truth was, he feeling remorseful and didn't want to admit it.

The white haired boy looked up, uncertain, wondering why nothing had happened yet.

"I'll let this go, because you look horrible." the Egyptian stated, coldly. " Stay here."

He began to walk into the bath room , but paused half way and cast a glare over his shoulder. " I mean it. Stay where you are."

~ What, now I can't hurt him all of a sudden?! What's that about?~ the spirit demanded of himself.

He went a cloth and wrung it out.

" Whatever, I just don't care right now." he muttered.

He turned and walked back to Bakura. The boy was looking down at the floor. His arms gave a tremble and he clenched his fists.

Yami bakura frowned. The kid really was in a bad state.

He reached over and brushed aside his hikari's snowy bangs. The boy gasped and lifted his head, only to get a cool cloth pressed into it.

The coolness being washed over his face seemed to soothe his tortured nerves. The the rag was slowly pulled away, and he was looking at his Yami's serious face.

The boy looked at him, and darted a half mistrusting look at the ring around his neck.

" I'm not going to use it on you." the tomb robber said softly. He motioned towards the stairs. " Let's go. You said you didn't want to sleep right? Then we can sit in living room.and talk."

The boy's lower lip trembled. He wanted to believe his Yami's words. Slowly he nodded.

He began to follow his Yami. He tried not to think , but he couldn't help it. ~ What if it happens again? I paid a terrible price the last time I dropped my guard.~

He missed the step while he was thinking this , and stumbled. Yami bakura turned and caught him.

" Hikari, what's wrong?!" he demanded, alarmed at the onslaught of negetive emotions coming through their link.

Bakura gave him a blank look, and leaned against him limply. The thief shook him. " Tell me! Why are you acting like this?"

The light came back into Bakura's dulled expression, and he seemed to snap out of it. Then tears slowly filled his eyes. " I.."

He seemed to choke on the words, unable to continue. The spirit slowy pulled the boy into an embrace. Bakura sobbed harder, his entire body shaking.

Yami Bakura hesitated. ~ I'm not really good at this kind of thing, but here goes.~

" It's okay.Bakura." he said, stroking the boy's long hair.

Bakura's eyes widened. ~ H-he said my name?~

He looked up at his Yami with wide , tearful eyes. (kawai!*-~)

Yami Bakura put a supportive arm around his hikari's waist and helped him down the stairs, and into the living room, and sat him down gently on the couch.

The spirit took a seat on he opposite end. He'd noticed Bakura was unusually light. And after throwing up all night, that worried him.

" Are you hungry?" he asked Bakura.

Bakura shook his head, and spoke to his lap. " Thirsty."

" Wait here." The thief disappeared into the kitchen , then after a while reappeared with a mug of hot chocolate. Well, not so hot. He wasn't as good as his hikari with modern appliances.

~ He likes to drink this stuff, so hopefully it'll cheer him up.~

He watched his hikari take the first sip slowly, then set the mug down.

The warn liquid did make Bakura feel a little stronger. It was good to have something in his body again. But his Yami had been acting so strange.almost kind. It confused him. And yet he still didn't know whether to trust him.

He looked up to see his other staring down at him, and with a solemn look. Finally his Yami said, " I think it's time you tell me about this dream, hikari. I want to hear all of it."