Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Past Can Repeat Itself ❯ Dreams ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Warnings: Character deaths in this chapter. Please no Flames.

\Rei to her older self\

\\Rei's older self to Rei\\

Chapter One: Dreams.

A young woman was dragged through the corridors of the Pharaoh's dungeon. Her captors were strong, even matched against a demigod, so she gave up struggling a while ago.

"Where are you taking me?" She asked again. On previous attempts to get her captors to talk, they just ignored her, making her believe their master must have cut out their tongues to silence them. This time proved no different. They kept dragging the woman down the labyrinth like corridors, deeper and deeper into the dungeon. They finally reached a dimly lit cell and shoved her through the door.

The woman looked around the cell and on the bed in the corner she spotted life. ~Spiky hair, small disposition. Oh Ra, the Chosen One. ~

"MASTER YUGI." The woman cried out as she tried to rush to her charge's side. Her captors had other plans. They dragged the woman over to the opposite wall and chained her spread eagle.

The little hikari lifted his head a little and looked at the woman, his amethyst eyes filled with pain. "R-Rei? Is that you?" the small boy whispered. The woman named Rei nodded as she struggled against her bindings. Rei was going to respond verbally but something in the room gave her bad vibes.

"My, my, my. It's so nice for you to join us, imouto." A sickening sweet voice purred out of the shadows.

"Like I had a choice, Oneesan. What have you done to the Pharaoh's Chosen One?" Rei spat.

"Hn, it's none of your concern."

"Uso, he is my charge, it is my concern." The sound of a sword being drawn and swung reached Rei's ears. The light that danced off the blade as it neared its destination. Her master screamed his last as the clod steel entered him. Rei too shocked to respond just stared dumbly as the pharaoh's Chosen One lay dieing.

"He's not your concern anymore, Chibi Rei," Rei's older sister stepped from the shadows, sword still drawn. The light revealed a tall blonde with stormy grey eyes. She approached her younger sister and placed the bloody blade against Rei's neck. "Now is he?" the Blonde whispered in Rei's ear while tracing her (Rei's) jaw line with the fingers of her free hand. Rei sharply shifted her head sharply to get out of the way of her sister's wandering hands.

"Now Rei, What's the matter? You let your lapdog, Marik do that all of the time."

"Marik isn't my lap dog, Meg." Rei stated.

"He should be… We f**king Demigods for Ra's sake. Mortals should be at our beck and call." Meg said, removing her sword from her younger sister's neck.

"What happened to you? You were always so happy and joyful, you loved life, and you loved me, Oneesan."

"I grew up, learned the ways of the world. Those mortals you are all chummy with are just looking for any reason to stab you in the back. Trust me Imouto, they will turn on you." Rei narrowed her green grey eyes.

"Trust you? Why the hell could I trust you? You just killed my master, my charge, my friend?"

"I did you a favor, why can't you see that? Have you lived so long with those damn mortals you've softened to a weak hearted fool?"

"Me? A weak hearted fool? It's more like you grew cold hearted and ruthless." Meg looked at her younger sister in shock. ~Have I? No, she's wrong. All I've done was to protect her from the harsh world. ~ Meg thought as she watched her sister. Her sister's raven locks fell in front of her face hiding her eyes from view. Those eyes always told Meg what Rei was feeling about anything, whether she was frightened or happy or upset. Meg shook her head, the days of their child hood were in the past and Meg wanted them to stay that way.

"Imouto?" Meg questioned. Rei looked up, her raven hair falling away from her face. "Join me now and together we shall rule all of Egypt then move on to ruling the world."

"Never… I swore allegiance to Pharaoh Yami." Rei said proudly. Meg looked at her, her own eyes softening a bit before hardening. Meg stepped away from her sister and motioned to one of her henchmen.

"Kill her." Was all Rei heard. The aforementioned henchman drew his broadsword and ran Rei through with it. Rei couldn't believe that her own sister that she idolized when she was a kid could ever order her death. As she felt her life blood flowing freely from the fatal wound she cursed her older sister.

"May you forever walk this earth, doomed with immortality, cursed to live life as you are now, cold hearted and ruthless. May you not know the joys of life like love or peace as you once lived,"

As she took her last breaths, she looked over at the body of her charge and whispered, "I am sorry Master Yugi, I couldn't protect you, Please forgive me."

*`*`*`*`*`*

Rei Psyche woke up with a start. It wasn't the first time she dreamt of her past life, but it was the first that she had died in it. ~ What was that all about? ~ She thought as she went over the dream in her head.

\\That I s how we died 5,000 years ago. Anubis heard our apology and granted us reincarnation the next time the Pharaoh's Chosen One was born again. To protect him like we did 5,000 years ago.\\

\That's great in all, Ane, but who are the Pharaoh and his Chosen One now? \

\\I'll tell you tomorrow when you are at school. Remember that the events of the past are bound to repeat themselves and we are the only ones to stop them. Not to forget, but our conniving older sister is out there somewhere…\\ Rei didn't hear the rest of what her older self said because she was asleep yet again.

*`*`*`*`*`*

Across town In Meagan's apartment that she shared with some friend from school, aforementioned girl sat on the edge of her bed staring into the darkness of the room, thinking about the curse her imouto uttered before she died.

"Why Rei? Why'd you do it? Why couldn't you accept my offer and we could have been ruling this pathetic world now? But instead you cursed me with immortality, not even a paper cut can kill me while you live in the after life. You told me once that we have mortal blood running through our veins too. That accursed blood. That's what made us… you susceptible to death's waiting arms." Meagan muttered, "And now I am cursed to see your look a like every day sitting in back of the classroom of that school I go to with these damnable mortals." Meagan glanced at her alarm clock, which read 1:53 AM in blaring red numbers, and decided that she should try to get some sleep. She just hoped that she wouldn't dream that night.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Glossary

Hikari ~ light

Imouto ~ little sister

Oneesan ~ older sister

Uso ~ a lie

Chibi ~ little or small

Ane ~ shorter version of Oneesan. Rei calls her other self Ane instead of Yami, because Rei views her as an older sister.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Saiyan_Foxfire: Did you have to bring up the paper cut?

Kitsune_Foxfire: *Smiles* Yep. What?

Saiyan_Foxfire: Nothing Hikari, Oh and readers, in the dream when Rei said that 'you loved me,' its like a sister, my hikari doesn't do incest. Anyways, How did she do? Is this a worthwhile fiction? Please review but no Flames please, My Hikari is very sensitive to criticism and takes it very personally or so says her Myers Briggs test thing she took for some college course. Please Review. Yugi and the Gang should be up in the next chapter. Kitsune won't post till she gets 5 reviews. Ja ne everyone.