Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Past Can Repeat Itself ❯ Stalked ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Two: Stalked.

Rei Psyche clutched her books to her chest as she readjusted the strap to her book bag. It was well past dusk when Rei left the library. The cold November wind blew causing her to shiver uncontrollably. She had forgotten her jacket at home when she went home to change out of her school uniform into what she was wearing now. The tight black tank top that stopped at her midriff with a silver dragon that wrapped around the body of the shirt, trailing upwards so that the head rested on her shoulder and the baggy black cargo pants weren't keeping her as warm as she thought they would.

Rei started her long trek home, since she lived on the other side of town. As she turned the corner, she saw a flash of white hair. ~OH No not him~ She thought.

//Rei, Him who? // Ane said, worry laced with every word. Rei ignored her as she glanced behind her again. She saw nothing out of the ordinary and chalked it up to her overactive imagination. // REI? REI? DAMNIT REI ANSWER ME. Him who? // Ane nearly yelled.

/No one… / Rei lied. Ane knew something was up with her Hikari but decided not to push it at the moment. Rei continued to her home.

When Rei reached Domino City Park, she noticed the couples and groups of teens milling about and suddenly felt very left out. Being the loner she is, Rei didn't have any friends and was constantly picked on at school. Rei shook her head to clear her straying thoughts and glanced behind her. She caught another glimpse of white hair. Inwardly freaking out, Rei made her way to a group of four boys she recognized from school. The honey blonde was talking with his hands and said something that made the others laugh. Rei scurried over to them to ask for their help.

"Excuse me, but I think I am being followed, Can I hide among you guys?" Rei asked. The fear she held for who ever was following her was evident in her eyes.

"Yeah sure, the name's Joey." The honey blonde teen introduced himself, his heavy Brooklyn accent very evident. "And these are my friends. The sandy blonde is Malik, the albino is Ryou and the little guy is Yugi."

"I'm Rei." Rei said as she sat down next to Ryou and Yugi. Both boys were still in their Domino High uniforms though Joey and Malik had changed out of theirs. Joey was dressed in blue jeans and a blue and white striped shirt. While Malik wore tight black leather pants a silver belt and a purple tank top that stopped at his midriff.

"Hiya Rei," Yugi greeted, smiling brightly.

"You sit in the back corner of all of our classes aren't you?" Ryou asked

"Ya, that's me,"

"I thought you looked familiar" Malik said. The five of them continued to converse about school and getting to know each other better. A few minutes later a white haired teen with pale ice blue eyes came over to the group. They guys didn't notice him at first but Rei did. She immediately tensed. The pale eyed boy ignored Joey and the others as he stared directly at Rei. Rei shrank back as far as she could go in her seat, wishing she could disappear. The air around them suddenly became tense.

"Rei, I need to talk to you." The boy said darkly, his eyes shone with full hatred for the girl.

"We have nothing to talk about Jace." Rei said. Jason or Jace reached out and roughly grabbed Rei's arm. He dragged her away from her new found friends, ignoring their cries to stop. "Ow, Jace lettgo, you're hurting me." Rei cried out as she tried to pry Jason's hands from her arm. He whirled around and backhanded Rei across the face. Rei cried out in shock and pain. Joey and Malik ran over and tried to help but Jason kicked them both back.

"Let the girl go" a cool voice from behind Rei said in a bored tone.

"Who the hell are you to tell me what to do with my girlfriend?" Jason snapped.

"Ex-girlfriend, Jace, Ex-girlfriend." Rei said quietly. Jason narrowed his pale blue eyes down at her. Rei suddenly felt an inch tall and completely at the mercy of her ex.

"No Rei, No one dumps me, UNDERSTAND."

"My, my, my, aren't we the egotistical one?" another darker voice sounded, this time from behind Jason. Rei took her gaze off of Jason and looked over his shoulder to find a 'darker' version of Ryou standing there. This version had spikier white hair, harder mahogany eyes, and he was wearing tight black jeans and a blue and white striped shirt. Rei felt Jason's grip on her arm tighten. "But I believe you heard my friend. Remove you filthy hands from the mortal."

"Or what?" Jason challenged, his grip getting even tighter on Rei's arm. She was sure she would have a bruise there tomorrow.

"Well my 'pets' haven't eaten in awhile" an eye of Ra glowed on the darker Ryou's forehead. Rei noticed that Joey and Malik got up from where they were kicked to the ground and that Ryou and Yugi got up and stood beside them, waiting to help in anyway they could. Jason soon realized that he was out numbered so he threw Rei towards the guy behind her and ran off. The teen caught Rei in his strong arms. She looked up into stormy ice blue eyes.

"Nice catch Priest." The darker Ryou said.

"Thanks." Rei whispered as the 'priest' helped her right herself.

"It was nothing, Miss." The brunette started to say.

"Rei, my name is Rei."

"I am Seto Kaiba and that is Bakura."

"It is a pleasure to meet you both." Bakura nodded as he wrapped his arms around his hikari's waist and kissed his (Ryou's) neck. Then they all walked back to the bench and continued to get to know each other. After awhile of talking Joey found out that he lived across the street from Rei's apartment building and decided to walk her home, just in case Jason was still prowling about.

"Rei?" Joey asked once they were away from the others.

"Hmm?"

"Who's dat Jason guy?"

"Him. Well three years ago I lived in Tokyo and I met him though school. Well we started dating and one thing lead to another and soon he was verbally and mentally abusing me. One night he…he tried to force him self on me and that's when I drew the line. I moved here in hopes to leave him. As you can see it didn't work."

"Man what a creep. Don't worry Rei. We'll protect you" Rei didn't really believe him but nodded anyways to give him some satisfaction. Soon they arrived at Rei's apartment.

"Well good night Joey-kun. Thank you for walking me home." Rei said once they reached her door.

"It was nothing. Hey listen, Yug and I usually meet on that corner down by my house so that we can walk to school and on the way we meet up with Ryou and Malik. Why don't you join us?" Joey asked with his goofy smile.

"Hai, I think I will. Thank you Joey-kun. Goodnight.

"Night Rei-chan." Joey said as he watched her enter her apartment and lock the door behind her. 'Why do I get this feeling that I knew you in some other lifetime? Well anyways if dat creep Jason ever comes around you again, he'll have me to answer to.' He thought as he walked back to his place.

Rei entered her apartment. As she put her bag down by the door she silently counted down the seconds till a black blur attacked her. Landing on her back she grinned up at her little brother.

"Rei-chan you're home. Artemis just left." The black haired boy said.

"I know that little one." Rei responded.

"What took so long? You said all you had to do is go to the library."

"I ran into some trouble is all."

"Jason?"

'How does he do it?' Rei thought. "Hai Jason. Now Lucas, its way past your bedtime."

"Aww… Can't I stay up?" Lucas pleaded with his older sister. "Please?"

"No, Maybe Friday night you can stay up. But tomorrow is a school day."

"Alright Oneesan." Lucas sighed as he rolled off of his older sister. Rei stood up and ushered her younger brother into his room. Lucas jumped into his DBZ sheets and snuggled under the covers. Rei smiled at her younger brother and was about to turn off the light till her younger brother spoke up.

"Rei-chan. Can you tell me a story?"

"Umm… alright. Once upon a time there was this Pharaoh that ruled all of Egypt…" Rei started telling him his favorite bedtime story. Unbeknownst to them it was about to come true.