Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Tesseract ❯ School's Out ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

R_S: Hiya! This chappy may not be any better than my last one but who cares.
 
Zander: The people stuck reading it care…
 
R_S: Refresh my memory… when did I ask for your opinion?
 
Zander: … Bite me.
 
R_S: Eww, no. That'd be nasty… however my new pet man-eating worm would beg to differ. *Releases worm* Run Zander, run!
 
Zander: *Runs away screaming*
 
R_S: Iiiiittt'sssssss shout-out time!
 
Zander: *Still Running*
 
Peneia Teke- Thanks a bunch! Which `suitor' did you figure out? I think I know, though… update your fic soon!
 
Anime-AngelWings- Thanks you so much! I'm glad you like it. I think I should be able to update yet again before school starts, but I make no promises.
 
Peeps- Thanks! Here is the next chapter; I think it's better than my last one.
 
yingfacherryblossom- Thank you for the great review. Your right, three guys are a lot. She definitely should watch her back…
 
Sarah1281- Thanks! I wasn't really going for funny, but maybe I'll think about adding a little humor into the story, if it's really all that funny. I hate how people dislike Téa, same with 003 on Cyborg 009…
 
R_S: without further ado, on with the story!
 
 
Chapter 2
School's out
 
It had been a rather uneventful day. Téa went about as usual, and so did everyone else. And, as usual, Téa was watching the clock, begging for the bell to ring and send her home. `Come on… come on…'
 
“Téa, perhaps you would like to answer the question?”
 
“W-wha?”
 
“When did the revolutionary war take place?” the teacher clarified, annoyance lacing his voice.
 
“It… was in… um… it was i-”
 
BBBBRRRRRRIIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG!!!!!!
 
`Saved by the bell! 2:25, the greatest time of day.' All students rushed out, not bothering to hear what her answer was. No one really cared, anyway.
 
“Téa! Hey Téa! Wait-up, girl!” She turned to greet her pointy-haired friend.
 
“Hi Tristan, are you guys still up for after school?”
 
“Yeah, meet at the game shop at 3:00?”
 
“Got it!”
 
“Great! See ya later.”
 
“Bye!” She called out as her raced down the hall.
 
“Don't you losers have anything better to do than spend your time dumbing each other down in a third-rate game shop?” `Damn it she's gorgeous… why can't she be fat and ugly?'
 
“What do you want now, Kaiba?” `My god he's hot… why can't he be fat and ugly?'
 
“Tch, what could I possibly want from you?” `A date… or maybe five… or fifteen… dozen… ugh, I sound like a pathetic, sniveling puppy.'
 
“Well, then why are you wasting both my time and yours?” `Ask me out, please! I'm begging you! Ugh… listen to yourself girl your pathetic. You seriously need to get a life OUTSIDE the guys.'
 
“Because, you obviously have nothing better to do if you hang out with those losers. Not that I'm insulting your kind…”
 
“My kind?”
 
“You know, the stupid and uncivilized breed. AKA, you, the shrimp, the mutt, and the other one.”
 
“Ugh, I can't waste anymore time on you, Kaiba. I have to go.”
 
“What?” He smirked cunningly, “I don't even get a goodbye?”
 
“Bite me.” `Well,' he subconsciously thought, `I gladly would if- WOAH! Hold on! Where the hell did that come from and when did my mind jump into the gutter!?!? I'm turning into a testosterone fueled freak… great.' He had been so rapped up with his inner battle, that he hadn't noticed her flouncing away.
 
Meanwhile
 
“Oh… that stupid Kaiba… thinks he's so much better than the rest of us… with his stupid company… and his stupi- umph!” two people hit the ground with a thud, “Heh, sorry `bout that!” Téa apologized before looking up, “I wasn't looking where… I was… going?” Her words ended as a questioning squeak. She blinked slowly, to check if what she was seeing was real. Blink. It was. The other person on the ground smirked before getting up, dusting themselves off, and offering Téa a hand.
 
“Don't mention it.” Their voice had a cocky bite as they spoke.
 
“Malik!?!?” `What is he doing here?!?!'
 
“Correction, Marik. My hikari isn't in control right this moment.”
 
“Wha-… how… Why are you here?” Her guard was up.
 
“`cause you bumped into me.” `God, she's stunning.'
 
“That's not what I meant.” His smirk widened.
 
“I know what you meant.”
 
“Why aren't you in Egypt?” He smirked a few more seconds before his face contorted into an angry scowl.
 
“Better hurry Téa. You don't want to be late meeting your friends.” Marik spat the last word with extra venom before storming away in a silent rage. `Friends who don't deserve to have you!'
 
“Hey!” Téa yelled after him, “How'd you know about that?” He was already gone from sight by the time she finished.
 
“Jerk.” She muttered before glancing at her watch. “Welp,” she sighed, “better get goin.” Téa picked herself up and began to walk away. (An: I did mean to say `welp')
 
Meanwhile
 
`What was Marik doing here? And what was with the strange way he looked at Téa? Grr… he had better not touch my girl, or I'll- woah! Time out! When did I start referring to Gardner as `Téa', let alone `my girl'? Oh yeah… when I was daydreaming about her during history class. The thought of being alone in a dark room with her made that the best fifth period ever… STOP! Get a hold of yourself! Do you realize that you not only wasted work time observing Gardner and Ishtar, but are now wasting even more by contemplating it?'
 
He entered his limousine and gave the driver his orders while shutting the door.
 
`Of course, it doesn't help that she's in EVERY FREAKIN' ONE OF MY FREAKIN' PERIODS! I hope no one noticed me staring at her… ugh. I need to work, there has got to be a way to get my mind off of her…'
 
Kaiba flipped open his laptop and began to type out stock market stuff that I do not understand. Although, it didn't work very well since all he could type was either `Téa' or `Death to Marik'. So, needless to say, he didn't get very much work done.
 
Meanwhile
 
` Grr… Does that stuck-up, rich snob think I didn't notice him watching us? Does he think I don't mind him looking at my girl as if she were his? If he dares to touch her he may end up with every bone in his body broken… or better yet, he may find himself taking up permanent residence in the shadow realm. Téa Gardner is mine and if Seto Kaiba continues to gaze at her the way he was earlier, things will not be pleasant for him or his younger brother…'
 
Marik stopped walking, just long enough to send a death glare at the passing limo.
 
`Watch your back… Kaiba-boy' Marik remembered hearing Pegasus's old nickname for his newfound rival, and used it.
 
Meanwhile
 
Isis rushed through the museum, searching for the nearest phone. Finding it, she quickly dialed the number.
 
“Hello, this is Isis Ishtar. Is Yugi Mouto available?… Thank you… Hello, Yugi?… This is Isis… Yugi, something terrible is about to happen… I will come to the game shop at 3:45 and will be sending others as well… Such as Ryou, Tristan, Joey, and Téa… Good, keep your friends there… All right, I will see you later… Oh, and Yugi… keep a close watch on Téa… I will explain later… yes, goodbye.”
 
Isis hung up the phone. `One call down, ten- well, seven to go.' She picked up the phone and began dialing the next number.
 
“Hello, this is Isis Ishtar. Is Bakura Ryou available?…”
 
Meanwhile
 
“She knows, Harukichi.”
 
“Yes, I heard master.”
 
“I will be taking the girl today.”
 
“Are you sure? It does not sound wise to do so in broad daylight, especially since it will not fit into your original plan.”
 
“Do not question me, Harukichi.”
 
“Forgive me master.”
 
“I know it is not as planned, but it must be done.” His voice softened slightly, “She belongs to me.”
 
“Of course. No one deserves her as much as you do, master.”
 
“Yes…” He spoke thoughtfully, before the steel returned to his voice, “Wait for me here. I shall be back later.”
 
“Yes master.” A portal opened in the wall and the owner of the deep voice stepped through.
 
End Chapter
 
 
R_S: And there you have it folks, that was chapter two of `The Tesseract'. People growl a lot while they think in this story… Oh well, whatever. Leave me lots of good reviews! Chao!
 
Zander: *Still Running*