Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Theory ❯ Kaiba's What?!?!?! ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

R_S: I just had to write this one, the plot bunnies were torturing me! I know I'm supposed to be focusing on `The Tesseract' and `Unexpected Love/Feelings' but I needed to get this one out. This was originally going to be a one shot, but became too long. It won't be extensive: five chapters max… I think. Anyway, here ya go!
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! and don't want to think up a witty disclaimer. So there, Nyah! (Sticks Out Tongue)
 
 
Chapter 1
Kaiba's What?!?!?!
 
“What's eatin' you, Téa?” Tristan called to his friend sitting across the table, “You seem kinda distracted.” Yugi continued for him.
 
“Tristan's right, is something wrong?” His violet eyes shone with worry as he gazed up at her. She only giggled.
 
“Nothing's wrong, guys.” Téa assured them, “I've just been thinking about something… well, someone.”
 
“Like who?” Tristan asked, now giving her his full attention, “C'mon, you gotta tell me!”
 
“Ok, ok.” She laughed out, “I'll tell you. But, let's just get one thing straight: I'm not thinking of him because I like him, it's purely musing. Are we all clear on that?” Both boys nodded their heads vigorously, eager for her to continue.
 
“So, who are you thinking about and why?” Tristan pressed impatiently.
 
“Well…” she paused trying to seem uncertain, when in reality she just wanted to drag out the suspense.
 
“Ya know, Téa, if you don't want to tell us,” Yugi comforted, understandingly “you really don't have to.” His big eyes seemed so sincere.
 
“No, that's ok, Yugi, I do want to tell you. I'm just dragging out the suspence a little longer…” She trailed off, knowing that Tristan might explode if she didn't let him in on her thoughts soon.
 
“Aw, c'mon! Tell us already… please!” her brunette friend moaned.
 
“Well,” she started, “since you asked so nicely. I've actually been thinking about… Kaiba.” Her two friends stared at her with wide eyes. Everything was silent for a moment, then all hell broke lose.
 
“Kaiba!?!!?!?” Calm, collected Yugi had cracked.
 
“What would you be thinking about him for!?!?!” Tristan demanded angrily as Yugi calmed himself down. “You can't possibly have feelings for that jerk! Don't you remember everything he put us through?!”
 
“Don't you remember what I said earlier?” Téa countered coolly, “I believe it was, and I quote, `I'm not thinking of him `cause I like him, it's purely musing.' So calm down!”
 
“Well I don't know what `musing' means!” Tristan yelled angrily.
 
“It means that I was just thinking about him and why he acts the way he does! I wasn't daydreaming about him!”
 
“Why were you wondering about Kaiba's motivations?” Yugi inquired sweetly in an attempt to calm his friends down.
 
“Yeah, Kaiba acts the way he does `cause he's a jerk. There's nothing more to it!” The tan boy stated.
 
“Well, since you have your minds made up, I guess you aren't interested in hearing about my theory.”
 
“I'm interested,” offered Yugi, he really hoped his friends would stop bickering. They didn't do it often, but when they did it upset him. “Can you tell me?” The champion duelist was also aware that Tristan wanted to hear her ideas as well. Téa smiled kindly at the small boy.
 
“Ok, Yugi.” She caved, “You guys know how Kaiba doesn't have a girlfriend?”
 
“Yes…” Yugi agreed unsurely.
 
“And you know how he's always treating you guys like dirt, especially Joey?” She continued.
 
“Yeah… what about it?” Inquired Tristan.
 
“Well, when someone likes someone else, sometimes they tease them.”
 
“So what?” Her friends were lost. She sighed irritated.
 
“I think Kaiba's gay.” Her two companions' jaws hit the ground, “And what's more,” she continued, “I think he has a crush on Joey.” The guys blinked. They blinked a second time. And then a third.
 
“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!” Laughter filled the low budget fast food joint, earning the group some angry and annoyed glances.
 
“No offense, Téa,” Yugi called, “But I think you've lost it.”
 
“I agree with Yugi, there is no way.”
 
“Come on guys, think about it!” Téa pushed, “He's surrounded by fan girls, but they don't affect him, even though he doesn't have a girlfriend. In fact, he never even looks at girls! He always goes out of his way to annoy Joey. It all adds up! Plus, he's never staring at girls during class, only glaring at guys.”
 
“Well,” Yugi pondered, “You make a valid point…”
 
“And the way he sits,” Téa continued, “with his legs crossed in that fashion: gay. Don't even get me started on what he wears…”
 
“What he wears is gay?” Yugi asked, confused. Téa opened her mouth to answer, but never got the chance.
 
“I think Téa's right about Kaiba.” Tristan spoke for the first time since she began explaining herself.
 
“Wha?!!?” Yugi's eyes widened.
 
“Téa's female, Yugi, and most girls have this thing which they affectionately refer to as `gaydar'.” Tristan explained, “It means that they can spot a homosexual male almost immediately.” (An: No offense to any non-heterosexual readers! I have absolutely nothing against the gay community! But women such as myself do have, and use the term, `gaydar'.)
 
“Are you sure?” Yugi hesitated.
 
“Positive. And their gaydar is extremely accurate. Am I right?” He turned to his feminine companion, who nodded her head.
 
“Yup, I know a gay guy when I see one.” She affirmed.
 
“Man,” Tristan mused, “once he's done with detention, I gotta tell Joey `bout his secret admirer…”
 
 
“WHAT?!?!?!?!!?!?!??!?” Tristan moved the phone away from his ear as a painfully loud scream erupted from the other end of the line.
 
“Dude, it's true!” He argued, “And we both know she's gotta be right.”
 
“HOW DO YOU KNOW???!!!??!?!?!”
 
“Duh, gaydar.”
 
“Oh yeauh…” Joey recalled, scratching the back of his head, “But it don't make no sense! Everyone knows ah'm straight, ah'm datin' Mai!”
 
“Téa says that the fact he knows your straight plays a role in why he bullies you and thinks he's angry that you chose Mai over him. Apparently this is his way of getting attention from you while keeping his personal feelings a secret.”
 
“Okay, you just quoted `er. Dere's no way ya'd talk like dat.”
 
“Yeah, but that's beside the point.”
 
“Well, what is da point, den?”
 
“The point is: What are we gonna do about Kaiba?”
 
“Eh, let `im like me. Nuthin's gonna happen.” The conversation soon switched to more common topics, such as duel monsters and girls. Although, they still threw in the occasional `gay Kaiba' joke.
 
 
School rolled around all too soon for the students of Domino City High School, but there was nothing they could do. Monday came no matter what. Different groups of friends and cliques huddled in different parts of the courtyard, discussing the events of the past two days. Téa was standing with Yugi, Tristan, Joey, Duke, and Ryou, the latter two having no idea of the other four's weekend discussions.
 
A sleek black limo pulled up to the front gate and a tall brunette stepped out. His icy cobalt eyes scanned the surrounding area, glaring the entire time. Their gaze fell on the cheerful group joyously chatting under a tree. The girl and her significantly taller blonde friend were currently leading the conversation. Seto Kaiba's heart skipped a beat.
 
He strode over purposefully like he did everyday, deliberately knocking into Joey Wheeler as he passed by, expecting the usual reaction: Yugi pouting sadly, Ryou looking nervous, Duke and Tristan restraining Joey as he tried to attack, and Téa angrily getting in his face. However, none of the above happened. Instead, Téa, Tristan, and Yugi all tried in vain to conceal their obvious mirth and smother their laughter as Ryou and Duke looked on in confusion. Joey snickered, bowing and throwing out his arms as he stepped backward, allowing the handsome CEO to pass. Kaiba paused, observing them with suspicious eyes, before continuing his stride. He caught Joey winking at him as he passed, causing the four giddy members of their group to crack-up.
 
“What was that all about?” Duke asked addlebrained.
 
“Indeed,” Ryous thick, British accent rang out in agreement, “I am a feeling a tad puddingheaded as well.” The rest of the group momentarily gaped at their friend's unusual choice of words. Téa was the first to recover, and she opened her mouth to offer an explanation. The crisp ring of the morning bell cut through the morning air and marked the beginning of the stampede of students rushing into the school building.
 
“I'll tell you later.” Téa called, before joining the herd of teens.
 
 
Seto Kaiba sat, completely zoned out, in Social Studies. The professor was lecturing on and on about World War II, but Kaiba had already completed the worksheet he was supposed to fill in as he spoke. He was currently contemplating the group's odd behavior. He had been hoping for the same reaction he always got, and was baffled at their sudden change in attitude. He had really been hoping for his crush to come at him like usual.
 
`I'll bump into him again later, that ought to set the little group off. They were probably just tired or something.'
 
Kaiba performed the exact deed he had done earlier, but the result was the same if not worse. They only laughed even more as he walked away.
 
 
“Can you please inform us of what's been going on now?” Ryou asked as they all exited the school. Kaiba had just bumped into Joey rather rudely, and sent Tristan, Yugi, and Téa, as well as the victim, into fresh peels of laughter.
 
“Yeah, you guys looked about ready to wet yourselves back there.” Duke agreed. The three boys met his remark angrily, but Téa just waved it off.
 
“Alright, alright.” She turned to her, informed, friends. “I'll tell them, I know you guys have to get home. See ya tomorrow!” They all said their good byes as Téa pulled Duke and Ryou around the corner of the school. She proceeded to spill the beans.
 
“KAIBA'S WHAT?!?!?!”
 
“ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!”
 
“Guys, calm down! Duke: Kaiba's gay, Ryou: I'm dead serious.”
 
“Wow…” the emerald-eyed boy ran a hand through his raven locks.
 
“Yeah… oh! I've gotta go. Remember: don't tell anyone yet! Bye!” Téa ran down the street with chocolate colored hair flying and her skirt flying much higher than usual. Duke showed no discretion about checking her out from the back, until the other male cleared his throat.
 
“What?” he asked innocently, albeit dumbly. The Brit only walked away after rolling his eyes.
 
As he disappeared around the corner, he caught one final remark: “Was it something I said?” he only shook his head at his companion's idiocy.
 
 
“Seto Kaiba's gay!?!?!? Oh my gosh, I have to tell everyone!” the girl tore down the street, her sea foam hair swaying, with an excited, yet arguably evil, glint in her eye. When she arrived home, she wasted no time in calling everyone she knew, while hopping on instant messenger to reach even more people.
 
 
As soon as Kaiba stepped out of his limo Tuesday morning, he knew something was up. People don't usually point or stare at you while laughing. Yes, something was going on and he was determined to find out what… after knocking Wheeler over. He had to witness his crush's face flushing red with anger, it got him going through the day.
 
But, something went wrong. People watched him do it. Afterwards, everyone in school was laughing. What was wrong with this picture? He rushed briskly inside, straight into someone's chest. The girl fell to the ground with a grunt, but quickly picked herself, and her things, up and turned to him.
 
“Good for you, Seto Kaiba.” She smiled widely at him, “It's great that you're this comfortable with your sexuality, especially when people like us will never gain others' respect.” With that said, she turned and met up with another girl. They walked around the corner holding hands.
 
`What the hell is going on?' Kaiba shook his head but kept walking. He turned the corner, only to bump into a second pair of students, this time a boy and a girl.
 
“Eww! Get away from me you faggot!” the female exclaimed while shaking off her hand like she'd just touched something disgusting. She then turned on her heal and walked away with the boy, presumably her boyfriend. They snickered, glancing back every few seconds.
 
`Faggot? What the-'
 
“Hey!” a blonde haired boy ran up to him, panting. He then handed the CEO a slip of paper, winking. “Call me!” He then ran off again, afraid to incur the taller male's wrath.
 
`Wait a minute…' it all began coming together. `“Comfortable with your sexuality', `faggot', and `call me'? They think I'm…'
 
“WHAT!?!?!?!?” he was pissed, to say the least. He stormed out of the building, slamming the doors to the courtyard open. Everyone stared. More whispers.
 
“Who started this?!?!” he seethed. A crumpled piece of lined paper came from his `audience' and hit him in the chest. The blue-eyed brunette scanned its words, before re-crumpling it. “I'M NOT A FAGGOT!”
 
“Mr. Kaiba! Can I see you in my office please?” The principal turned on his heel and entered the mostly deserted building.
 
`Shit…'
 
 
“…And so, because you are not a constant offender, I am letting you off with two weeks of after school and lunch detention. Are we agreed Mr. Kaiba?”
 
“Yes sir.” Kaiba growled through clenched teeth.
 
`Smarmy bastard!' the boy flipped off the elder in his head.
 
“Good,” the neatly trimmed man stood and held open the door. “Then you may leave. Go to class, you can acquire a late pass from the substitute secretary at the front desk.” Kaiba stepped out of the cramped office and another teen stepped in. The principal's door slammed behind the poor soul. The multimillionaire walked to the secretary: a twenty-two year old blond, hair falling in soft waves to her shoulder blades.
 
`Damn…'
 
“Late pass.” He grunted rudely, praying the ditz wouldn't look up.
 
`Ugh, what a slut! Please attempt to flirt with me…' her low-cut, red, spaghetti-strap dress hardly reached the middle of her thighs. Her face was heavily covered with make-up, her lips a blinding crimson color. Besides her vibrant, ruby, six-inch stilettos, she had obviously opted for a push-up… to go with her implants. Acrylic, cherry nails and red purse finished the look, with a crimson cardigan left hanging on the back of her chair. (An: incase you're thinking of different colors, all the words I just used mean plain, old red.) Her stormy, gray eyes glanced down at a piece of paper and Kaiba squinted slightly, acutely aware of how much her bright clothing affected her pale skin.
 
“Here.” She jotted down a hall pass with slight difficulty from her fake nails. She prepared to hand it to him when she glanced up. Smirking, the girl quirked a brow and jotted her number on the back of his paper. “I'm Feliciana, by the way. Just give me a ring if you're ever looking for a good time.” She batted her eyelashes suggestively, leaning down to give him a more intimate view of her chest.
 
“I could have you fired.” Kaiba shoved the slip in his pocket and left the office.
 
`My hearts already taken… why must it be in the hands of Yugi's friend?' He opened the door to his first period; causing the class to hush, then giggle. Shoving the hall pass into his instructor's hands, he headed toward his seat.
 
“I tink I'll make moneybags' day by sayin' hi.” Joey whispered to Tristan, who bit his knuckle to keep from laughing.
 
“Mornin' Kaiba.”
 
“Shut it, mutt.”
 
 
“Well, Ms. Gardner, care to explain why you are here?” the principal asked expectantly. Everyone knew what that really meant: tell me why you're here so I can say I heard both sides of the story before disciplining you.
 
“I fell asleep in trigonometry, sir.” Téa mumbled miserably, looking down. Her brown hair formed a curtain around her face.
 
“Ms. Gardner, you are an excellent student. You are a member of the honor society and service club, and you maintain an A-/B+ average. Therefore, I am not going to come down hard on you. You can serve a week of after school detention with Mr. Kaiba.” The young girl's head shot-up like a rocket, her eyes held a pleading look.
 
“Oh but sir, isn't there any other way?”
 
“Other than detention?”
 
“Other than Kaiba.” The older man chuckled at her bias.
 
“Ms. Gardner, I am fully aware of just how tough to take Mr. Kaiba is, believe me. However, I do believe that this morning's events have mellowed him, if only a slight amount. Just ignore him and he'll ignore you. Are we all clear then, Ms. Gardner?”
 
“Yes sir.” She let herself out of his office and another pupil walked in. Stepping up to the front desk, she waited to be acknowledged by the daydreaming secretary.
 
`What a slut, she must have absolutely no self respect if she's wearing that disgusting thing!' Tired of waiting, Téa cleared her throat.
 
“What do you want?” Was the woman's only, irritable response.
 
“I need a hall pass, please.” The brunette clenched her teeth angrily and contained her desire to punch the obnoxious blonde.
 
“Oh, sorry. I was just daydreaming…”
 
“Yeah that's great, hall pass.”
 
“Don't you want to know what I was daydreaming about… or who?”
 
“To be perfectly blunt, I really couldn't care less.”
 
“You're just jealous because Seto Kaiba is going to ask me out!” The grey-eyed teen hissed, handing Téa her newly written hall pass. The other girl only smirked, stuffing the slip into her pocket.
 
“Oh really, you think so?”
 
“Yes, I gave him my number.” The scantily clad secretary flaunted, causing her rival to laugh and earn a confused look.
 
“I'll tell ya what: if he calls you, I'll eat a pound of whatever type of latex your breasts are made out of.” With that finishing statement she sauntered out the door, effectively getting the last word in.
 
 
“Wow, Téa, I can't believe you really got a week's worth detention,”
 
“And with Kaiba no less!” Joey waved his arms around, causing Yugi to sweat drop.
 
“Uh, Joey: that's not exactly the point I was trying to make.” He stated gently.
 
“But still, maybe she c'n get Kaiba ta say somethin'” She decided it was time to step in.
 
“Oh no, Joey. I'm not going to be your spy.”
 
“Besides,” Tristan added, to lighten the mood, “I'm sure Joey could get way more information by seducing him.” Their small group roared with laughter at the comment, before a cold voice brought them back down to Earth.
 
“If you seriously think that mutt can actually `seduce' me, then you are sadly mistaken.” Kaiba's cold, blue eyes glared at the group, before falling on Téa. His cobalt orbs made contact with her sparkling sapphires as he spoke. “I've been told to inform you that detention begins today, directly after school. Once you finished packing up your things, report directly to room 666.”
 
“How ironic: the devil.” Her pessimistic comment caused Kaiba to smirk.
 
“I'm sure they made it that way on purpose, especially since the other room numbers only reach 471.”
 
“True…”
 
“Hey!” Joey intruded, “I just realized, Téa, you go to honor society in room 777!” Everyone sweat dropped.
 
“Uh, Joey, that's 467.”The boy blushed and Kaiba rolled his eyes, before stalked over to an empty, secluded table in the only remotely shadowy corner of cafeteria. After pulling out, and booting up, his laptop, he began to type.
 
“Man,” Tristan sighed, “guess he decided to put you in detention as soon as possible, before Joey gets any more. Probably wanted to keep you to separate.”
 
“Yeah, I guess so…”
 
End Chapter
 
 
R_S: What do ya think? I've already got chapter 2 written and ready to be posted. I'm just gonna wait a week or so to put it up. See ya later!