Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Then You Look At Me ❯ Trials and Errors ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey eveyone! I am here with another ficcy, yippie :P Enjoy!

"Then You Look At Me"

Chapter 1

Téa made her way down the decorated hall. The Prom was in just two weeks, which meant the end of her senior year and high school.

She thought back on her other years having remembered this. In the middle of junior year, Seto became nicer, well-toward her anyway, but then again, he did get a tad bit nicer to Yugi and the gang, but Joey and him still rivaled.

She smiled suddenly, yesterday, she had asked Seto to come with them to the burger place after school to have something to eat with her and the others. He had accepted her offer and she had almost too happily exited out the door to home.

As she was about to ask herself about how in the world she'd come to even remotely like Seto, Yugi's soft voice interrupted her thoughts. "Hey Téa."

She blinked, realizing her expression looked dull, so she threw on a smile, looking to him. "Hey Yugi." Yugi Motou, she thought, she'd met him her sophomore year and he was the biggest sweetheart. He was always concerned about others, which led her to be concerned about him, cause he would set his problems aside if others needed theirs worked out.

"Téa? Téa?" Yugi said, breaking her from her thoughts as he waved a hand across her face. He'd gotten about as tall as Joey now.

She jumped a bit and smiled nervously. "Sorry, just keep going back on memories with the end of the year so close and all."

Yugi smiled widely. "Yeah, I know what you mean, alot has happened these past years, with duelist kingdom and battle city." He frowned a bit, battle city wasn't exactly the best memory.

Téa smiled and nodded, but her smile also faltering when she remembered battle city. "Guess it's your turn to space out." She said, giggling softly as she watched his face fall into a stupor, but he came back to earth.

He blinked and laughed. "Guess so."

" 'Eyyy!" Joey's New-Yorkish voice rang out, a lazy arm almost appearing from no where to be slung around Téa's shoulder. "What's up guys?"

Téa rolled her eyes with a smile. "Just talking about the prom and past memories."

"Ah, the good ol' times." She saw him cringe a bit and guessed he had gotten to the battle city memory but then it smiled. "Man, not to mention, the girls around here sure are crabby lately! I still don't got a date and that's not possible!"

Téa laughed out loudly. "When have you EVEN had a date?"

Joey took his arm from her shoulder and put it on Yugi's. "Alright then, I see where ya goin', fine then, Yugi'll stick up for me."

"Well---Joey, Téa is kind of right, though she didn't have to be so direct about it." He said uneasily under the taller boy's gaze.

Joey then removed his hand from Yugi's shoulder and crossed his arms. "Both of ya are traitors! I-I've had a date before--uuhh, Hosafina!"

"Joey, have you been watching "the new guy"?" Téa said, raising a brow.

Joey's left eye twitched and he turned around. "I've had enough of dis." And he walked off.

Téa sighed, watching her brown bangs ruffle a bit at the sudden air. "He's so impossible."

Yugi smiled at her and gave her a pat on the back. "He'll be over it in no time."

Oh how wrong Yugi was, Joey was mad at her for the rest of the day and wouldn't even talk to her, and she guessed the comment about "the new guy" hurt his pride so that was why he was talking to Yugi and not her.

She growled in frustration as she headed down the hall to the back end where the parking lot was, Joey was about as stubborn as you could get, but he'd never done this before! He usually always got over something like this, why take it so personally with her?? In all her rambling thoughts, she forgot to take notice of the people walking down the halls and slammed into someone's chest, but she was caught by the arms before she fell to her rear. "Oh, I'm really sorry, I just have a lot on my mind."

"And what could you have on your mind?" A familiar voice answered.

Téa blinked and looked up into intense icy blue eyes. "Oh, Seto." She blinked again. "Um-I'm sorry about running into you and I don't think we'll be going to the burger place today, kind of had a fight."

Seto raised a brow. "The Goody Squad had a fight?"

Téa furrowed her brows, smirking. "We're not the Goody Squad and yes, everyone fights, even us."

"So who is it, the pup?" He asked, finally noticing he still had his hands on her arms and taking them off.

Téa rolled her eyes a bit. When would everyone stop referring to Joey as a dog, though he resembled one in his attitude. "Yes." She involuntarily started walking. "I went and said he'd never had a date in his life and he got all mad."

Seto fell in step beside her. "It is the truth."

Téa nodded a bit. She couldn't help but admit it, but hey, neither did Tristan.

"Hm, I had already canceled my meeting with some nerds at Nintendo." He said with a bit of a sigh, though he didn't seem to mind much.

"Well, I guess we could go. I really could use a shake." Téa said wearily looking to the concrete ground as they walked outside. "You drive?" She asked, looking up and holding out her keys.

Seto smiled a bit and took them. "You're letting me drive your sun-mobile?" He said sarcastically, referring to her yellow jeep.

Téa glared at him. "You know, you're just as impossible as Joey!"

A low laugh emitted from his throat as he spun the keys around his finger.

When they were driving along in the car, Téa looked over to him. "Hey, are you doing anything this evening?"

Seto looked a bit surprised but just nonchalantly answered. "Not really."

Téa wasn't quite sure what she was doing, but whenever she was around Seto these days, she asked the most outrageous stuff. It was like he was a good friend and well he was--but hey, this was Seto here. "How about, you, me and Mokuba go to that new game arcade? I'm sure Mokuba would really like it, I hear they even have a duel arena."

Seto side glanced at her, considering it, seeing as this was the first time he'd be going anywhere with anyone except business partners and for Téa to ask him of all people. "Well, I haven't been spending alot of time with Mokuba, so I guess it's a deal."

Téa smiled and leaned back in her seat, resting her eyes. "Alright."

She dropped him off at his house after the shake and waved, setting their little deal for 7 o' clock, driving away, the shake immensely helping, or was it Seto's company. She abruptly stopped her thoughts and shook her head.

When she parked in front of her house, she spotted Yugi sitting on the front steps looking put out.

"What happened? Is something wrong? Are you ok?" She said, hurriedly getting out from her car and bombarding him with questions.

He grinned sheepishly. "I got home and the door was locked, I didn't have my key, and my grandpa is out buying some more cards for his shop all the way in downtown Tokyo, so I'm stuck until he gets back which is going to be a while and he goes guessing that Joey will house me, but he's not even home, unless he's not answering on purpose, so the only alternative was coming over here, but you weren't here either, so I was too tired to walk and decided to stake it out. Man, I need a car. My senior year and I still don't have one." He said, taking a deep breath.

Téa laughed a bit. "Well, come on in, I bet your thirsty and lucky for you, I made some lemonade this morning."

Yugi smiled widely. "Thanks Téa, you're the best."

"What are friends for?" Téa said, smiling back to him and opening her door after unlocking it.

He stepped inside, the gentle and lovely smell of lavenders and lilacs filling his nose. Téa only lived with her mom and her dad was out alot, so it was mainly just them.

"Just sit on the couch and I'll get you the lemonade." She told him sweetly, heading into the kitchen.

Yugi took the time to look around. It had been a couple of days since he'd been here, and he noticed some things had been changed around. "Did Joey ever stop being mad?" He asked, making his voice hearable from the kitchen.

"No, he's as stubborn as always, I said I was sorry, but he kept ignoring me." Her voice seemed to waver a bit at the end. "What's his problem?" She sighed.

"I guess he feels bad about not getting a date since it'll be prom and prom is a big thing, especially for Joey."

He heard her sigh again and she entered the living room. " 's not my fault." She said indignantly, sitting on the couch beside him, handing him his lemonade.

He took it, taking a bit gulp. "Ah. Well hey, I'll talk to him, maybe take him somewhere to get that bad chip off his shoulder."

Téa nodded. "That'd help me out alot, Yugi."

He beamed at her. "What are friends for?"

* * * *

Téa had conversed with Yugi from 3:40 to 5:30 when his grandpa called and told him he was home, so she drove him to his house and dropped him off.

"Thanks Téa." Yugi said, leaning over and giving her a kiss on the cheek. "See ya."

She blinked in surprise and nodded. "See ya, Yugi."

When she reached home, she started to get ready, but her thoughts refused to stay quiet in her head. Yugi had never kissed her on the cheek before. Oh Téa! It was only a friendly kiss. A friendly kiss, eh? Her conscious butted in again. She angrily shut it up and looked in the mirror.

This was nice and casual, she thought examining her clothes. Blue jean capris with a light blue shirt and a blue jean jacket. Yep, this was nice. She looked at her watch, 7:20. Aie! She was going to be late. She was about to go into panic mode, when the doorbell rang.

She hurried over and almost opened it too fast. "Mokuba? What are you doing here?"

"My brother figured we better just come pick you up." Mokuba said with a big smile.

Téa smiled back. "Thanks."

Mokuba nodded and took her hand, kindly escorting her to the car. She felt like she was some princess due at a royal ball. A laugh spout out from inside her and she mentally rolled her eyes. Get a grip Téa, this is the real world.

She smiled gratefully as Mokuba opened the door for her and she got in, Seto sitting in front of her, he was dressed casually as well, trench-coat and all. (lol)

She smiled, looking to Mokuba. "You ready to kick some dueler's butts?"

"You know it!" He laughed, beaming at her.

Seto smirked, finding it momentarily hard to keep his eyes of Téa and it was then, a little fear crept up his spin. He knew it, and as much as he had been hiding it, he knew he was slowly being drawn toward Téa. She seemed really different when she wasn't around the care bear bunch, but he still couldn't believe it. Téa and even her friends had changed him drastically and only in two years practically.

He dismissed his thoughts though and gazed out the window. Tonight would most likely be devoted to deep thought.

TBC....

Aww, that was a good chapter, well, I hope you guys liked, and the next chapter should be really good. :P lol, I'll have alot of crazy twists, ^_^

~Asha