Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Then You Look At Me ❯ Fighting and Making Up ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey ppl! Here wif another chap, :P enjoy!

"Then You Look At Me"

Chapter 2

"I summon Lady of Faith and that ends my turn!!" A geeky little boy with chili bowl hair shouted at Mokuba, slamming the card down on the console of the duel arena for the kids.

The scores were Travis: 500lp. Mokuba: 700lp

Mokuba laughed loudly. "Oh come on! What kind of move was that?! You left her totally defenseless!" He then placed a card down. "Go, Neo the Magic Swordsman! Attack lady of faith!" He commanded, the duel monster rushing forward and demolishing the other, taking the other boys life points to zero. "Hah!" Mokuba called, the crowd of kids around the arena chanting Mokuba's name.

The boy wailed loudly and scooped up his deck disappearing into the crowd.

Téa laughed lightly. "That looks like another Seto Kaiba up on that duel console!"

Seto smirked. "What can I say, genius runs in the family."

"Careful, your ego might burst." Téa taunted him, smiling widely.

Seto only rolled his eyes a bit.

Mokuba swiftly ran over to them as another duel started. "Did you see me, big brother?? I creamed him, he wasn't a challenge at all!"

Seto smirked and ruffled his hair. "Good work."

Mokuba smiled, looking to Téa.

Téa smiled back at him. "Bet you're thirsty, how about I grab you a drink?"

"Yeah!" Mokuba chimed happily. "Coke please!"

"Alright." Téa said, looking up to Seto, but he shook his head.

She just nodded and headed off to the food bar.

She looked around the packed arcade room as she waited for the two cokes, she had wanted one too.

"Téa?" Someone said behind her. "What are you doing here?"

Téa jumped, completely startled, turning around and looking straight into violet eyes. "Yugi? Um, I'm here with Seto and Mokuba--"

Yugi looked at her, pretty surprised. "Kaiba's here?"

"Yes." Téa said, a bit of an edge to her voice. There was nothing wrong with Seto being here.

"Well, we have a problem, cause Jo-"

"What's SHE doing here?!" Joey said, interrupting Yugi as he walked up.

Téa's jaw dropped a bit as he glared at her. "Joey! What's your problem?! I didn't do anything to you!"

Joey crossed his arms, frowning. "Oh, you know exactly what you did! And I wasn't gonna stand for it!"

Yugi looked uneasily between the two. "Uh, guys-" He was cut off when Téa started shouting back.

"OH! Cause I said something was TRUE?!"

"It's not true! You're just jealous cause YOU have never had a date!!" Joey spat out.

Téa furrowed her brows as much as they would furrow. "Jealous?!!! Jealous of WHAT?!"

"Me and my good looks!!" Joey shouted, glaring coldly at her.

Téa stopped and put a hand to her mouth, laughing loudly. "Oh please!!"

"You know it! You're nothing but some ugly, over-confident, macho chick!!!!"

Téa froze a bit, her mouth closing, her eyes quivering slightly. What were they doing?? They never fought like this, and she couldn't believe the things she herself had said, but she was so mad! And now---he goes and calls her this!?

Joey eyed her, the feeling of guilt started to seep it's way through his strong defense as her look became more hurt. "--Téa."

"Shut up, Joey!! We're both being immature! And if we can't be friends, then we're nothing!!" She cried, stomping away and disappearing in the crowd.

Yugi frowned sadly, looking up at Joey who was running an irritated hand through his hair.

Téa hurriedly burst outside, taking deep breaths of the fresh air. She rubbed her forehead as she paced the area by the curb. "I can't believe him!" She said, taking a few more deep breaths, trying to control the burning in her cheeks. She wouldn't cry, not about something so stupid! This wasn't the time--oh no, the drinks! Ugh, how could she go back in there anyway?!

"Should we go?" A low voice said.

She spun around, looking startled for the second time that night, but she was speechless now.

"It's alright, I--saw what happened, we can go, Mokuba's had plenty of fun." He stated, watching her a bit and heading inside to grab his little brother.

Téa felt the burning rise and she whimpered a bit. Great! Now she was ruining Mokuba's fun, yeah they had been here for a good hour, but she wanted to be here longer. Yugi must have thought that taking Joey here would be a good way to talk to him, but it obviously had went to pieces, cause as Téa declared, they weren't friends now. She hadn't really meant to say something like that, she just wanted to get back so badly at Joey, make him feel hurt, cause it almost seemed he was too stupid to feel hurt. It could be possible he was in there now, shrugging the fight they had away and playing a game.

Her thoughts were broken when Mokuba tugged at her hand. "Come on, Téa."

"I'm sorry, Mokuba." She said, following his lead.

"It's ok, I had a great time." He said happily, opening the limo door for her.

She got in, looking down at her hands. Stupid Joey.

* * * *

The next day, it was Saturday and Téa sat at a two seated table sipping a smoothie, her chin propped in her hand as she looked up from the window at the blue sky, thinking of miscellaneous things.

She felt a chill run up her spine and broke from her thoughts going rigid when she saw Joey walking over. She narrowed her eyes and looked away as he sat down in the chair across from her.

"Listen Téa, I'm sorry about last night, I was a real jerk---I don't like us not bein' friends."

"Well you should have thought about that before you spoke." She replied coldly.

"Come on Téa, I'm sorry."

"Well sorry doesn't cut it!"

"Well what else am I suppose ta do?! HUH?" Joey said, standing up, his voice raising.

"We're not going to fight in public, Joey." Téa said bitterly.

"I'm not fighting! I'm just trying to ask for your forgiveness!" He growled.

"Well, raising your voice doesn't help." She hissed, standing up and heading out the door, people in the shop staring, she stomped into the parking lot, her car her only target, but she was denied that target when she was grabbed by the wrist and spun around.

"Téa--" He seemed at a loss for words.

She glared at him maximum power as he searched for words. "What, Joey? I'd like to go home sometime this ye--" She felt the words get caught in her throat then, the strong resolve crumbling at the wrong time. "Joey--just-- go home--I forgive you--alright?! Now just--leave me alone." She wailed softly, turning away from him, refusing to let anyone see her face.

"I'm sorry." He said, pulling her into a hug. (I sometimes find myself frowning at scenes like these----weird.)

She gripped his jacket, digging her face into his shirt. "Why'd you have to be so stubborn and stupid, this never would've happened!" She cried.

"I was mad, the things you said weren't exactly nice either."

"I know--promise me we won't fight like this again, ok??" She said, stepping back and wiping her eyes with her sleeve.

"I promise." He said, looking down.

"Alright." She sniffed. "You go call Yugi and we'll go do something together tomorrow."

He nodded, smiling slightly. "K. See ya then. Oh and, Téa, friends?"

"Friends." She said, smiling back, continuing the rest of the way to her car as he headed to his.

She felt very relieved as she drove from the parking lot, yes, she was a bit embarrassed but she was glad it was over.

* * * *

Seto tapped his desk impatiently as the third ring sounded in his ear. He blinked when it stopped.

"Hello?" Téa's voice said, she sounded out of breath.

"What's wrong?" He asked, curious.

"Oh, I just got in from a smoothie-" She seemed to hesitate. "Joey and me are friends again, so--everythings ok now."

Seto blinked. Well, he should've expected it, the care bear bunch would fight, but there was no doubt they would stay enemies forever, someone was liable to break and ask forgiveness and it seemed the dog cracked. (Dog=Joey, lol, Seto has a pet name) "Hm. That's good." He said casually. "Well, Mokuba wants you to come over--so-"

"Alright." She said. "I'll head over in a bit."

Seto blinked. "Ok."

"Bye!"

"Bye." Seto said, putting the phone down and propping his chin on his left palm.

TBC.....

Weird no? Lol, I hope you liked it anyway, thanks!

~Asha