Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Tomorrow ❯ Still May Change ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Destiny: WHOOPEE!!!!!!!!! I got a whole 5 reviews on Chapter 5! What a coinkidink!! -starts giggling in hilarity-

Mackenzie: -inches away- What in the name of Ra did you eat??

Destiny: CHOCOLATE!! I love chocolate! Did you know 'chocolate was spelled the same in Spanish as it is in English? That's how I remember to spell it in English! ^_^U

Mackenzie: Ok, that is just scary………

Destiny: Anyways, I'll respond here to all my lovely reviewers:

Jenniyah: I'm glad you like my story, and I'm sorry it took so long to update. Well, revenge isn't exactly what I had in mind…you'll see what happens. Yes, Kaiba did try to kill Jou….and you'll see why hopefully within the next couple of chapters.

Korie: Wow….-beams happily- I'm honoured!

Sakura Aerith Kaiba:Well, Kaiba wouldn't normally hurt Jou….-laughs nervously- …But the fact is…he did…

*~*~ : Hehe….sorry to keep you hanging for so long…

dOMITUPSYK: I corrected the "Whoah" so it should read "Whoa" now. I looked over Joey's language and I couldn't figure out how else to emphasize his accent without making it too difficult for the readers to understand. -grins sheepishly- I did my best, but I'll look over it another time to see if I come up with any new ideas.

Tigress Demon Girl: I'm really happy to hear you like this story so much. Thanks for your encouragement and support. Here's your update!

Destiny: Anyways, I am SOO SORRY for not updating sooner. Forgive me? I hope this chapter makes up for it…

Disclaimer: I don't own YGO or Avril Lavigne's song, "Tomorrow."

Warnings: More cussing than in previous chapters (like the 'f' curse), some shounen-ai.

--------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow

-

Chapter 6: Still May Change

-

3rd Person POV

"Hey, Yuge! Yami! Come back!" Joey shouted, his voice trembling.

The two look-alikes immediately appeared in Joey's hospital room. "What is it, Joey?" Yugi asked, his voice concerned.

"It was Kaiba," he whispered. "He did this to me."

Yugi blinked. "What?"

"Kaiba tried to kill me…I remember now."

-

~And I wanna believe you~

-

"See? I told you," Yami declared triumphantly.

"I don't believe it," Yugi responded, shaking his head.

"Let's go, Yugi," Yami urged him, tugging at his hikari's arm. "We're going to prove to that bastard that he's lost."

"Okay," he agreed, following his darker half hesitantly.

They bolted into Kaiba's room, and Yami was the first to reach Kaiba's bed.

"You're going to jail, you bastard!" Yami declared. "Joey remembers now. He remembers you stuck a knife through him. You ripped up his intestines and damaged his stomach, but you didn't finish the job, did you? You didn't kill him like you were supposed to."

Yugi stared up at his yami, his eyes wide with horror. "What do you mean, 'like you were supposed to'? And how do you know that's what happened to Joey? The doctors never released that information, and Joey never said anything about a knife."

"Um, I guessed. I guessed that because his stomach was all bandaged up."

-

~…I wanna believe you…~

-

"Oh, really, Yami?" Kaiba chimed in. "You seem to know an awful lot about Joey's murder attempt."

"You think I have something to do with his murder attempt?" Yami scoffed.

-

~When you tell me that it will be okay~

-

"I don't think you do," Kaiba replied softly. "I know you do."

-

~Yah, I try to believe you…~

-

There was a spark of anger in Yami's eyes, instantly flaring his rage. He lunged at Kaiba, seizing his shirt collar.

"What the fuck are you talking about?!" he cried. "SHUT UP!" Yami shook him, his eyes of blood blazing with fury.

"I told you that you were making a mistake," Kaiba continued, his lips twisting into a wide smirk. "I told you that the truth would eventually come out."

Yugi glanced from Yami to Kaiba, and back to his darker half, his expression puzzled. "Yami, what's Kaiba talking about?" he inquired fearfully.

"I have no idea," he responded.

-

~…But I don't~

-

Kaiba finally turned towards Yugi, despite the fact that Yami had straddled his hips, still clutching onto his shirt. "Yugi, I hate to break it to you, but Yami--"

Kaiba was cut off when Yami swooped down, crushing his lips against Kaiba's. Kaiba struggled to back away from Yami's bruising kiss but was unsuccessful. At last, Yami pulled away, gasping for air. Kaiba took advantage of this by pushing Yami off the bed, who fell with a loud thump.

Kaiba looked paler than ever, but nevertheless carried on, "Okay, Yugi, no more lies. It's true that I was the one that stabbed Joey. But Yami sent me to do it," he blurted out. "He blackmailed me. He said that he would kill Mokuba if I didn't get rid of Joey."

"What?!" Yugi exclaimed.

"It was Yami's idea all along. I didn't want to hurt Joey, really! He's the first person I've ever had feelings for, and Yami wanted me to murder him!" Kaiba let a tear slide down his cheek, but wiped it away hastily. "I couldn't let anything happen to my little brother!" he protested.

Yugi felt Kaiba's words hit him like a blow to the chest. Kaiba's message radiated with integrity that he realized Yami could not, and would not match. He knew, deep in his heart, that Kaiba was telling the truth.

-

~Tomorrow still may change~

-

Yugi glared at his darker half, traitorous thoughts raging through his mind. 'I can't believe that is actually me. That's what my darker side would do.'

"Well, is it true?" Yugi demanded quietly.

"Of course not!" Yami cried.

"Yami, just admit it. I know you're lying. I've known all along," Yugi confessed. "I've sensed your thoughts; I just didn't want to believe it. I didn't want to believe that you would hurt one of my best friends."

-

~Tomorrow still may change~

-

Yami remained silent. He merely sat on the floor, holding his head in his hands.

"Why?"

Yami lifted his head as if to make a silent inquiry concerning the nature of his lighter half's question.

"Why did you want Joey dead? What has he done to you?"

"Because Joey had Kaiba's heart," he snapped. His teeth were clenched, and his fists were balled up as he hoisted himself to a standing position. "Kaiba and I are meant to be together, just like we were several millennia ago. But that stupid dog got in the way of our relationship!"

"I'd never be in a relationship with you, Yami!" Kaiba spat. "You fucking cold-blooded murderer!"

"I wasn't the one who stabbed Joey," he shot back.

"But YOU were the one to blackmail me into doing it," Kaiba interjected. "YOU were the one who came up with that sick, twisted idea!"

"Don't worry, Blue-Eyes. We'll be together soon, I promise." Yami smirked.

"FUCK YOU, YAMI!" Yugi shouted. "FUCK YOU! GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE! I HATE YOUR GUTS! I HOPE YOU BURN IN HELL YOU RA-DAMNED MURDERER!! FUCK YOU!!!"

-

~Tomorrow still may change~

-

After his hikari's outburst, Yami glanced over at Kaiba to see his crystalline blue eyes burning, waiting to release his wrath. Calmly, Yami turned away, exiting the room through several brisk strides. He threw one last cold stare over his shoulder towards Yugi before leaving.

Yugi slumped towards the floor, breaking into a fit of sobs. 'How could this happen?' he wondered. He was surprised to feel a tentative hand on his shoulder. "It's going to be okay," Seto assured him.

-

~Tomorrow still may change~

-

--------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------

Destiny: Okay, only ONE MORE CHAPPIE LEFT, ppl! Yay! I'm almost done w/ my first ficcie! WOOHOO!!!

Mackenzie: Ra, Destiny; you really need to lay off on the chocolate…

Destiny: Please REVIEW! I love constructive criticism, as usual!

Mackenzie: Stay tuned, and prepare to be SURPRISED!

Destiny: Mack! Don't give it away!