Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Tomorrow ❯ I'm Not Ready ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Destiny: Hello, I'm back again, my friends!

Disclaimer: Well, as you all already know, I don't own YGO or Avril Lavigne's song, "Tomorrow." What's new?

Mackenzie: Destiny started a new story, that's what's new! It's called, "Too Much To Ask." Allright, hope you enjoy the chapter! Here's the key, once again:

"Speaking"

'Thinking'

/hikari to yami/

//yami to hikari//

-flashbacks-

song lyrics

Destiny: Also, I'm really sorry it took me awhile to update. But I've been having issues with writing this chapter, but once I get to a certain point, I should be able to fly through from there. Again, there are some SHOUNEN-AI REFERENCES in this chapter, so don't kill me, ok? It is setting up for something big. In addition, there is a considerable amount of blood described in a flashback, so if you're very squeamish, skip the part that talks about the blood and stuff.

--------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------

Tomorrow

-

Chapter 5: I'm Not Ready

-

As Yami strode briskly out of Kaiba's room, Yugi accosted him, his expression curious.

"What took you so long?" Yugi inquired.

"I just apologized to Kaiba for jumping to conclusions so quickly," Yami responded. "I realize now that I was being unfair and judgmental."

-

Maybe it's not too late

-

Yugi remained still for a moment. "I'm happy for you, Yami," he stated. "I'm glad you finally came to your senses."

Yami smiled at his hikari, his opaque orbs of foggy scarlet no longer shining. He looked exhausted, weary. The dark circles beneath his eyes were beginning to show.

-

Not today…

-

Yugi, however, did not return his yami's smile. He, too, had identical rings beneath his eyes. He looked even worse than Yami did; his face was a sheet of white paper.

-

I don't know how I'll feel,

Tomorrow…

-

"Is Joey awake yet?" Yami asked.

"No," Yugi replied, abating his eyes.

-

Tomorrow,

I don't know what to say,

Tomorrow

-

The duet took a seat near Joey's room. Yugi leaned his head against Yami's shoulder, closing his eyes. They waited in silence, unmoving.

Yugi soon fell asleep, using Yami's muscular shoulder as a pillow. Yami, however, remained awake, observing the various doctors as they walked from room to room, checking on their patients.

At last, Dr. Aaron approached them, wearing a tired expression. He spoke quietly, reflecting his lack of energy. "Mr. Wheeler is awake now. You may go see him."

Yami tried to contact Yugi through their mind-link, seeing that his hikari was still sound asleep.

//Yugi? Wake up--Joey is awake.//

Yugi did not respond. Her lay there, curled up in a ball. Yami gently shook his hikari, further attempting to wake him. Yugi's eyes slowly opened, his clear amethyst orbs blinking in confusion.

/What's going on, Yami?/

//Joey's awake. You can go see him now//

Yugi's eyes brightened, his lips curving into a slight smile. /That's great! Let's go visit him right now./

The duo entered Joey's hospital room, sitting on the chairs placed next to Joey's bed. Joey was sitting somewhat upright, his head propped up against the pillows.

"Hey guys," Joey said, his voice raspy.

"Hello, Joey," was Yami's response. "Glad to see you among the living."

"Huh."

"How are you feeling, Joey?" Yugi questioned.

"Never better," he replied, a hint of sarcasm in his voice. "Just wait till I get my hands on that creep that tried to kill me…"

"Whoa, Joey, calm down," Yugi commanded. "You don't want to get yourself into more trouble than you already are. Do you remember who tried to hurt you?"

Joey's ranting came to a sudden halt. He was still, his expression thoroughly perplexed. "Nah, actually, I don't." Joey shook his head. "I can't remember anythin'."

"Well, Yami and I will figure out who did this; we'll do whatever it takes!" Yugi declared, his eyes radiating with determination. "We'll get to the bottom of this together, Joey. I promise!"

-

Tomorrow is a different day

-

"Don't ya think you guys should stay away from this creep? I mean, whoever he is, he tried ta kill me! The guy's dangerous! He's a maniac!"

-

Hey yeah, yeah

Hey yeah, yeah

-

"Well, we need to figure out who it is before they attack again!" Yugi exclaimed, the fire of purpose continuing to build in his eyes.

Joey's eyes glazed over, his face written with worry. "Okay, then. Be careful."

Yami and Yugi left the room, leaving Joey alone to sort his thoughts.

--------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------

Joey's Point Of View

I feel this thought nagging at me. Something's not right. I feel like I almost remember something, but I can't put my finger on it.

Yami was really quiet; he looked stunned. He looked really worried, too. . .

Wait a second. I think I remember something. My attacker--he had blue eyes. . .

-I was walking home from the arcade at around 8:30 PM when Kaiba approached me.

"Hey, Mutt," he sneered. "I heard you failed the Math test. Is the puppy incapable of doing something as simple as algebra?"

"Buzz off, Kaiba!" I shot back. I wasn't in the mood to listen to his wise-ass comments.

Kaiba's expression changed briefly--I saw his eyes, flashing with pain--but the emotion went away as soon as it came. His eyes returned to their usual status--cold, hateful, and aloof.

I know Kaiba can be mean, cranky, and distant, but he is still SO hot. Concerning his beautiful, long legs, his tight ass, and his dashing blue eyes, he is quite a hunk of eye candy. I can't help but stare. My heart pace has quickened, and he has a curious, but thoughtful expression that makes him look SO adorable.

"Come here, Mutt; I have something to tell you," he commanded, beckoning me.

I followed him, like the obedient dog I was, into a dark alley. "What do ya wanna talk about, Kaiba?" I questioned, curiosity written all over my face.

"Mutt," Kaiba whimpered. "You're making this harder for me than it already is."

He whimpered. Kaiba actually WHIMPERED. Like a puppy that had been kicked too many times. WHIMPERED.

Kaiba suddenly revealed a knife, clutching it in his hand like a madman. He pushed me against the wall, my head smashing into the barrier. I heard a sickening crunch; unbearable pain shot through my body. My vision began to blur, but I could see well enough to observe the shame imprinted in Kaiba's expression.

I felt an abrupt ripping sensation; something ripped through my stomach, scraping my intestines. I glanced down to see blood spill from the wound. I stared, watching the blood pool at my feet. I slid towards the floor, doubled over.

The agony of my wounds began to subside. My body was going numb, and my vision was caving in. My last sight was that of Kaiba, falling down to his knees, tears running down his face. I felt a pair of hands seize my shoulders, holding me close to their body. "My Ra, what have I done?" Kaiba wondered. I could hear his soft, breathy voice whispering in my ear. "I'm so sorry, Joey. I'm sorry."-

I woke up suddenly from my daydream. I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe Kaiba tried to kill me. There was no way he would do that in his right mind. He may be ruthless, but he doesn't have the heart to kill.

-

And I know I'm not ready

-

'No way,' I thought. 'It's impossible. There's no freakin' way Kaiba did this. I must be imagining things. There's no freakin' way!'

--------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------

Destiny: No, the story is NOT OVER YET!!!! There's a lot more to this than meets the eye, trust me. I've been dropping hints all along to what is going to happen.

Mackenzie: Please, again, REVIEW! Even if you have already done so, b/c REVIEWS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!! -gets down on knees- See? I'm begging you!

Destiny: I started this chapter earlier in the week, and discovered ONE person DID review later on, and that is Dark Spirit Sage, who is actually a friend of mine, and I'd like to thank her! Thanks so much for reviewing, DSS!

Mackenzie: Anyways that was a longer chapter. Probably the longest yet on this story. Which is sad, but I'm having some trouble dividing up the chapters so they are longer.

Destiny: Bye! Thanx for reading! And yes, I do love constructive criticism!