Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Tomorrow ❯ Truth or Deceit? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Destiny: Hey again, I'm back with Chapter 4!!!!

Mackenzie: And she still doesn't own YGO or Avril Lavigne's song, "Tomorrow."

Destiny: W/e. I'm listening to Sonic the Hedgehog music, now. . .that gives me an idea. . .maybe I can use Tails' Theme Song ("Believe in Myself") or one of the others for a fic. . . . . . .

Mackenzie: Neway, on w/ the next chappie!

Destiny: Okay!! ^_^

Warnings: Shounen-ai references. The semi-limeish scenes that occur later in the story aren't really graphic at all, and it really serves more of a psychological-related purpose, based on some Freudian psych.

--------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------

Tomorrow

-

Chapter 4: Truth or Deceit?

-

Kaiba's Point Of View

-

I couldn't believe it. Yami was trying to get me blamed for the attack made on Joey. I never thought he'd sink this low. . .

I have to make sure I keep Yugi convinced that I'm innocent. I can't let him find out the truth, or he'll be devastated.

Yet in some ways, he needs to know the truth. If the truth is not revealed, someone could die.

--------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------

Third Person Point Of View

-

"Is that true, Kaiba?" Yugi asked quietly, his voice wobbling.

"Yes," Kaiba confessed, his head held abate. "I found him on the street, beaten up pretty badly. I dropped him off at the hospital, but returned when I discovered that there were difficulties."

"Admit it," Yami pressed him. "Admit that you felt guilty for trying to kill Joey, so you came back to save him. You came back so that you wouldn't held responsible."

Kaiba shook his head. "I did nothing of the sort. I'd never hurt Joey--physcially."

"Yugi, can't you see he's lying?"

Yugi hesitated, his head falling into his hands. "I don't know," he responded, sighing deeply.

-

Give me a little time

-

"You're going to take his word over mine?" Yami demanded, his voice angry.

"Yami, I think you may be jumping to conclusions far too quickly," Yugi stated plainly. "We really need to think this whole thing through, and gather more evidence before we make our accusations."

"Well, in my opinion, all of the evidence thus far points to Kaiba," Yami retorted. "You need to make your decision soon, so we can testify against Kaiba in court."

Kaiba's face began to pale once again. "Yugi, you have to believe me," Kaiba spoke urgently. "I would never intentionally hurt Joey, or any of your friends, for that matter. Look into my eyes, Yugi--let me prove to you that I'm speaking the truth," he begged.

Yugi raised his eyes so that they were level with Kaiba's. Their gazes locked briefly, but Yugi tore his eyes away from Kaiba's a moment later. 'His eyes. . .they bleed with sincerity, but he is hiding something. He is in emotional pain, but he is keeping it all locked inside of him,' Yugi realized.

"Well?" Yami pressed.

"I can't decide now," Yugi declared. "I need to think about it."

-

Leave me alone a little while

-

Yugi exited the room, Yami treading slowly behind him. Before Yami left the room, however, he sat down on Kaiba's bed, staring into his clear blue eyes with his own bloody orbs. Yami reached out to touch Kaiba's face, trailing down his left cheek. Yami's hand draped down, resting on Kaiba's shoulder, as he leaned towards Kaiba's right ear. "You're going down…Seto," he whispered, his voice barely audible. Kaiba squirmed, grimacing. Yami stood, his fingers lingering on Kaiba's chest. At last he exited the room, leaving Kaiba trembling.

--------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------

Destiny: I know, I know. That was really short and crappy. Apologies to you MM.org folks, I actually forgot that I hadn't put up all the chapters for this story. And thanks to everyone who reviewed, including those from FF.net, AFF.net, and MM.org. I really appreciate everyone's support and encouragement.

Please continue to review and tell me your thoughts.