Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Tomorrow ❯ Do What I Have To ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Destiny: Well, here's the next chappie! I'd like to thank my chapter 1 & 2 reviewers (from f/f.net): ACME-Rian and ssjmiraitrks.

Responses to reviewers from AFF.net:

leaf zelindor: Well, you'll see about Kaiba. . .Thank you for your support for my story.

Felindae: I'm really glad to see your enthusiasm for my story. Thank you for you input and encouragement. I'm sorry I can't answer your questions, in fear I will give away the story. . .

Mackenzie: Destiny, you should post this announcement on your other stories.

Destiny: Very true. Obviously, I wont be able to have any guests until Chapter 5. Anyways, ne1 else who wants to be a guest will have to follow the same procedure. If you have any questions, just ask them in your reviews, okay? Thankies!!

Mackenzie: Yes! ^_^ In addition, if you like this story, be sure to R&R Destiny's other stories, "Losing Grip," and, "Somehow, I've Always Known."

Destiny: Yeah! And now, I must do the dreaded Disclaimer: I still don't own YGO, or Avril Lavigne's song, "Tomorrow." Someday. . .I may no longer have to say that. . .

Mackenzie: On w/ it!!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

~*~

~*~Tomorrow~*~

~*~

~Chapter 3: Do What I Have To~

Kaiba's POV

I feel dizzy. My vision is blurring. I can't hold on any longer. Forgive me, Joey. . .

Normal POV

"Oh Ra, Kaiba just passed out cold!" Yugi exclaimed, his expression worried. "I know he had good intentions; what if he dies from blood loss?"

"It serves him right. . ." Yami muttered.

/Yami! Kaiba just saved Joey's life! Don't you think he deserves more respect than that?/

//Not if he tried to murder Joey.// Yami retorted.

The CEO, normally intimidating and powerful, now looked weak and helpless, as he was placed onto a bed. Kaiba's bed was pushed out of the room and wheeled next door. Yugi followed, Yami bringing up the rear.

/I am SO relieved to hear that Joey's condition has been stabilized./ Yugi remarked. /But I'm kinda worried about Kaiba./

//. . .// Yami didn't reply.

/Yami?/

Yugi glanced back at his darker half. Yami appeared to be in deep thought, his eyebrows furrowed. His yami didn't seem to be cognizant of what was going on. At last, Yugi resolved to get his attention by screaming through their mind-link.

/YAMI!/

Yami's shoulders jerked. //Huh?//

/Did you decide to regress to your days in Ancient Egypt as Pharaoh and forget about your present life?/

//Uh. . .yeah. Sort of.//

Yugi and Yami were about to enter Kaiba's room, but a male doctor with a nametag that read, "Dr. Aaron" on it halted them.

"I'm sorry, but I can't let you pass," Dr. Aaron stated. "We need to have his condition steadied before we allow visitors."

Yugi groaned, rotating slowly on his heel and striding away. Yami, however, remained where he stood.

"Let us through, you baka healer," he ordered, "or I'll send your mind to the Shadow Realm!"

Dr. Aaron cringed in fear. "What the hell is the Shadow Realm?" he whimpered. "Why are you threatening me? Please. . .don't hurt me. . ."

"Yami!" Yugi exclaimed. "What in the name of Ra are you doing?!"

Yami finally stepped away from the doctor, who scurried away.

"Yami, you need to calm down."

The former Pharaoh was pacing; Yugi could feel anger, impatience, and fear seeping through Yami's end of the mind link.

"Yami, SIT DOWN!"

Yami obliged, taking a seat in the chair next to Yugi. "All we can do now is wait," Yugi told him.

Two hours later, Dr. Aaron appeared. He cast a nervous glance towards Yami, and began to speak to Yugi, as if Yami no longer existed. "Mr. Kaiba is awake now. You may go see him." He strode away briskly, leaving Yugi and Yami alone in the still hallway.

"Can I talk to Kaiba alone for a minute, Yugi?" Yami asked.

~*~

**It's always been up to you**

~*~

"No," Yugi insisted. "Let's face him, together."

~*~

**But turning around,

It's been up to me**

~*~

They entered Kaiba's room to find him sitting upright, reading a novel. He looked up at Yami, then to Yugi, staring at them with his sullen blue eyes. His eyes had dark rings beneath them, but his face had begun to regain its normal complexion.

"Hello Yugi, Yami," he greeted them.

"Kaiba," Yami grunted.

"Hey Kaiba," Yugi replied nervously. "Fancy meeting you here."

Kaiba smiled humorlessly. "What brings you here?" he questioned.

"How are you feeling?" Yugi inquired.

"Well enough."

"We're really grateful--and Joey will be, too--for what you did for him. I mean, you saved his life, Kaiba."

"I did what I had to."

"No," Yugi objected. "You could've let Joey die--but you didn't. You jeopardized your own life in order to save him. I'm proud of you, Kaiba."

~*~

**I'm gonna do what I have to do**

~*~

"Save it, Yugi."

~*~

**I just don't**

~*~

Abruptly Yami interjected. "Don't you see, Yugi? Kaiba saved Joey so that he could live with himself. He wouldn't be able to live with the guilt of murdering Joey in cold blood."

"WHAT?!" Kaiba screeched. He glanced at Yugi, his eyes wide with panic. "You think I tried to kill Joey?"

"No, Kaiba," Yugi admitted. "I don't think you'd ever do something like that. But Yami does. . ."

"Yugi, how can you be so naïve?" Yami cried. "Can't you see Kaiba is guilty? How did he know Joey was injured in the first place?"

"It was on the news, fool!" Kaiba sneered. "Your attempts to frame me will prove to be useless."

"Then how come when I checked with the front desk, Kaiba, you were the one who brought Joey to the hospital?" Yami challenged. He smirked, knowing that Kaiba was cornered.

Kaiba froze, staring at Yami in horror, stifling a gasp of shock.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Destiny: I know these chapters have been short, but bear with me! Please let me know what you think, and give me your questions, comments, and suggestions in your reviews. I cannot promise to change things based on reviews, but I CAN promise to take all suggestions into consideration. So pleaze review, many thankies!!!

Mackenzie: Again, remember to R&R Destiny's other stories, "Losing Grip" and "Somehow, I've Always Known" if you like Destiny's writing styal!!!