Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Torn Destinies ❯ The Aftermath ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I really honestly don't own Yugioh! Man you people are hard to convince!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^

Sora ran. She ran as fast as her legs could run. Away, from her room, away from the scene. She didn't bother to look where she was going. *I have to get out of here! Anywhere is better than here.* She began to cry, realizing that her brother was gone. She would never look at him the same again.

She continued to run with her tears blending in with the raindrops that fell on her. Suddenly she ran into someone's arms.

She began to thrash and she lightly punched the person's chest. She tried to get around him but he held her tight.

"Shhhhhh…." came a soothing voice, "It's ok Sora. I'm here."

Sora looked up to see Yami staring down at her. "Yami?" she asked, "What are you doing here--?"

Yami put his index finger over her mouth, motioning her not to speak.

"Shhhhhh…." He said rocking her in his arms.

Sora relaxed a little and rested her head against his chest. They stood like that for a while, ignoring the rain that fell hard around them.

After a moment or two Sora looked up at her lover. "Yami, I--"

At that moment Yami kissed her passionately. Sora slowly closed her eyes and let the warmth of the kiss take hold of her. Yami cupped her face with his hands and continued to kiss her with intense passion as if they would never stop.

Suddenly another flash of lightening lit up the sky, making the lovers break apart. Sora stepped back to see Yami better and licked her lips a little. Yami gave a small smile and stared into her eyes.

Sora began to smile, too, but her face quickly turned into frightening look once she heard something behind her. The memories quickly flowed back to her of what had just taken place.

She quickly grabbed Yami's hand and started to pull him in the direction she had been going.

"Sora?!" he asked, worriedly.

"Yami, please! This way!" she said tugging at his arm.

"Wait what's going on?"

"It's my brother, Seto. Something happened to him."

"Wait Seto's your brother?! Well that explains a lot. But what's happened to him?"

"No time to explain, now please! Come on! We have to get out of here!"

Yami stopped resisting and let Sora guide him further away from her room. He had to run to keep up with her. They cut around a corner and stopped.

"Sora what's going on-?" whispered Yami. Sora quickly put her index finer against his lips.

She politely hushed him and peered around the corner. She saw Seto's shadowy figure appear in the doorway of her room.

Seto slowly looked around and then disappeared into the darkness.

Sora gave a sigh of relief. Then she waited for a moment and pulled her and Yami back around the corner into the hallway. She began to cautiously walk down back towards her room with Yami not far behind.

Once they had reached her room Sora noticed Naomi still lying motionless on the ground.

"Naomi!!!" she shouted as she let go of Yami and ran over to her fallen friend. She slowly rolled her friend over on her back and gently lifted Naomi's upper body in her lap.

Yami just stood in the doorway looking at the nearly destroyed room, wide-eyed.

Sora gently shook Naomi's body waiting for a response from her, but she got none. "Yami! Yami please come over here. Naomi-she's hurt!!"

Yami snapped out of his daze and ran to Sora's side. He quickly over looked Naomi's condition and checked for a pulse.

"She's alive, but barely. We have to get help. What happened to her?" he said.

"I'll tell you on the way to get help. Come on."

Yami nodded and carefully picked up Naomi's limp body.

Once they were out of the room and quickly walking down the hall, Sora began to explain what had happen.

"So you're saying that Seto was possessed by the dark arts and was searching for something that you have?" said Yami.

"Basically…yes."

"And what do you have that he wants?"

"I'm not exactly sure, but I think I got a jest of it a while ago."

"How so?"

" It's complicated, but it felt like a surge of energy from deep inside of me suddenly filled my body. And then I threw some kind of energy force at him making hit the wall behind him," she said staring down at her hands. Tears filled her eyes. "I can't believe I just blasted my own brother into a wall. I was just so mad at him for what he was doing."

"It's ok, Sora. Seto loves you and like you said it wasn't really him in the first place."

"I guess you're right, but it still hurts to think of it. But the thing that scares me the most is that he's still out there."

"Wait what do you mean `still out there'?" asked Yami worriedly.

"After I blasted him into the wall he stood up unharmed. That's why I ran."

Yami was silent for a minute as he began to stare straight ahead with wide eyes.

*~*~*~*~*

Finally they reached Mai's bedroom door. It was the closest room to them and besides Mai was certified as a doctor.

Sora banged on the door, roughly. "Mai! Wake up it's an emergency!"

They heard someone groan and then they heard footsteps coming from the other side of the door.

"Who is it?" asked Mai.

"It's pharaoh Yami and Mistress Sora," answered Yami growing impatient.

A moment later a half-awakened Mai opened the door and stared at them with weary eyes. "Yes? What can I do for you at this late hour?"

"Mai, we need your help. It's Naomi, she badly hurt," said Sora, moving to the side as Yami stepped forward revealing Naomi's limp body in his arms.

Mai was now wide-awake, as she quickly checked for a pulse. "Please bring her inside quickly!"

*~*~*~*~* Hours later *~*~*~*~

Sora awoke to the sound of several people in the room rushing back and forth. She looked over to see Naomi's hurt body lying on Mai's bed. Then she looked up towards Yami who was standing beside the chair of which Sora had fallen asleep on.

"Is there any news yet, Yami?" she asked, wearily.

Yami shook his head in disappointment. "No, Sora. We haven't heard anything yet, and they won't let me near her body."

Soon after Yami had spoken Mai slowly walked over the two.

"Well we have some good news and some bad news," said Mai, pausing before she continued, "The good news is that Naomi is going to be fine for the time being."

A smile quickly appeared on both Yami's and Sora's faces. But their smile soon faded.

"And the bad news….?" asked Yami sternly.

Mai gave a deep sigh. "Naomi is in a very critical condition, right now, therefore making her very fragile. She has broken many bones. She will be like this for a few months but she will heal in time."

Sora gave a sigh of relief.

"Might I ask what happened to her?" asked Mai filled with concern and curiosity.

Yami and Sora both looked at each other and then back at Mai.

"Um…well we don't exactly know," lied Sora, "We just walked in my room and found her lying on the floor."

"I see," said Mai eyeing them suspiciously, "Well, Naomi needs her rest so no one is permitted to see her yet, but you two will be the first to know when she's ready for visitors."

"Ok, thank you Mai," said Yami.

Mai just smiled as turned to go check up on Naomi.

"Well, what do we do now?" asked Sora looking up to Yami.

"Well for starters you're going to go back to sleep,"

"No way! I'm going to stay here with you and Naomi," said Sora standing up to face him.

"No. I've already set up a room for you to stay in until Seto is caught and yours is fixed up again."

"What?!"

"I'm only trying to protect you. I don't want you getting hurt," said Yami.

Sora was about to object when Yami put his hands on her shoulders and looked deep into her eyes.

"Please do this for me?" he asked with caring eyes.

Sora continued to stare into his eyes and reluctantly nodded.

"Good. Now lets get you settled in your new room. Ok?" said Yami with a smile.

*~*~*~*

Yami and Sora walked down the hallway, hand in hand, and came to a door that was not too far from Yami's room. The sunrise lit up the hallway and a light breeze brushed Sora's cheek. Two guards stood in front of the door with spears in hand.

"These guards are hear to protect you no matter what. I'll be back later to see how you're doing," said Yami as he turned to face her talking both of her hands into his.

"Ok," said Sora as she leaned over and lightly kissed his cheek. Then she turned an entered the room closing the door behind her.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ssu: Ok well that's the end of this chapter. Sorry that I haven't been able to update in a while I was at an all day camp for the past 3 weeks and I haven't been able to write lately but now that I'm back I'll be writing more often. But in a few days I'll have to go back to school so don't expect that the next chapppie will be coming this week but it won't take long to update. Thanks for the reviews! Please continue!