Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Torn Destinies ❯ An Idea ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't Yugioh only Sora and some other small characters.

SSU: Ok so this is my second story. I will admit that I got a little bit of this idea of the story from Nite Angel's story The Deserts Millennium Heart but I alternated it. I hope everyone will like this one as much as my first. This is all Yugioh with no crossovers.

Yugi: Thank you! I get all the attention!

SSU: -_-0 Uh ok, but remember what I told you earlier…. Yami and everyone else are in it too.

Yugi: Yeah yeah whatever.

SSU: *rolls eyes* Um…anyway, This story takes place in Ancient Egypt, around when Yami was pharaoh. Sora is Seto's younger sister. She grew up in the palace with her brother, but was never allowed to see the pharaoh. Seto secretly disliked Yami and Yami's friend Yugi, and he had forbidden her from seeing Yami and Yugi. She had just turned 16 and day by day she grew very lonely.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sora woke up not wanting to get out of bed.

"What's the point? It's not like I'll have a reason." she said.

"Because then you'd be considered just lazy," said Seto coming to her bedside.

Sora smiled as she pulled herself out of bed to look at her brother. He smiled back at her then said "Come on, I have work to do and I don't want to have to look after you today."

She sighed, "Fine.". She walked into her dressing room to change. She later came out in a light blue dress. Once she was ready she made her way for the door when someone stopped her. It was Alice, Seto's loyal servant. Sora absolutely hated her. Alice might have been a very beautiful woman but she was meaner than a snake.

Alice glared at Sora. "And where do you think your going?" she snarled.

"I guess to wonder around the palace like always."

"Humph, so you can find the pharaoh and go sticking your nose where it doesn't belong? I don't think so." Alice said as she shoved a broom in Sora's hand. "Don't you remember little girl or have you forgotten your brother's orders? No snooping around! Well at least while I'm still here." She said as she went out of the door and down the hall.

"Uh man I can't stand her!" Sora yelled as she threw down the broom and sat back on her bed. She looked out of her balcony at the morning sun. How she wished that she could be free to walk and do what ever she wanted. She really wanted to see the pharaoh. All she knew about him were rumors. She also had discovered that Seto disliked him. Her curiosity was killing her.

"He can't be as bad as Seto says he is? Can he?" she said to herself. Then she had an idea.

"I know maybe I can get to him from his servants! I can disguise myself as one of them!" she said aloud as she jumped off of her bed and ran into her closet.

*Moments later*

Sora began to walk down the hallway leading to the throne room. She had put a dirty white dress over her clothes and she had a golden piece of silk going across her lower face so that her eyes were the only thing showing. She passed a group of servants that were heading in her direction and she began to blend in with them. *All I need is one glance then I'm gone* she thought right before they entered the room.

As they entered the throne room, Sora began to see the pharaoh from a distance and she could see him holding a pink rose in his hand, rolling it around in his hand. He looked around her age or maybe a little older. But she still couldn't get a good look at him.

Then the pharaoh, obviously bored, noticed Sora as she passed. He looked at her closely. He had noticed the way she walked and the way she held her posture. *This can't be a servant.* he thought.

"You there," he called to her "Will you come here for a moment, please?"

Realizing that he was talking to her, she came forward.

"Come up here, please."

She came up the steps and stood in front of him and kneeled. He leaned forward. By now Sora could get a good look at him, his kind eyes looked down at her, but she dared not to look at him.

"Would you be so kind as to get me that blue rose over there" he asked pointing to a couple of roses that another servant was holding. Sora retreated back down the steps took the rose from the servant and came back up and kneeled in front of him once again, but this time she looked up directly into his kind eyes and handed him the rose. People around her gasped. No one was ever allowed to look at the pharaoh directly, but the pharaoh didn't budge. He only smiled at her. * This is no servant,* he thought *but I'll play along*

"You know, your eyes bring out the color of that rose your holding." he whispered to her. This startled Sora and she lowered the rose but before she could do anything else with it, the pharaoh took it. He rolled it in his hands not taking his eyes off of her.

"How would you like to go in my garden everyday and pick all the flowers you want for me? Hum?" he said finally still playing.

Sora slowly nodded.

"Good! Now you can leave if you'd like."

Sora slowly backed down the stairs and out of the room. She couldn't believe what had just happened! Then when the coast was clear she removed her disguise, and ran down the hallway as fast as she could towards her room. When she bumped into someone.

"Oh I'm sorry! I wasn't looking where I was--" then she gasped when she saw who it was,

"Seto!"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SSU: So how was it? Was it good? Was it bad? Tell me! Tell me! Tell me!

Yami: Calm down SSU. They'll tell you when they're good and ready.

Yugi: Yeah it's called patience.

SSU: *sits and crosses arms* Well fine I guess I can wait.

Yami: Good girl!

SSU: ^_^