Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Torn Destinies ❯ What Friends Are For ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't Yugioh but I do own Sora and some other small characters. (By the way Sora has brown hair and light blue eyes. Just to let you know ^_^ .)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yugi: Hey SSU, when do I come in the picture?

SSU: I think this chapter. Why do you ask?

Yugi: *ignoring her question* Do I get a lot of lines?

SSU: Uh… you might.

Yugi: YEY! *jumps up and down*

Yami: -_-0 Great now look what you did! *trying to keep Yugi still*

SSU: What? What are you talking about?

Yami: I just got him to calm down! He's very hyper active you know.

SSU: (((O_O)))

Yami: Now Yugi, calm down! *Yugi stops jumping* Sit! *Yugi sits* Stay! *Yugi stays* Good boy! *pats Yugi on head*

SSU: -_-0 *gets evil grin and rubs hands together* He he he he! *then pulls out a chocolate bar and dangles it in Yugi's face* Oh Yugi!

Yugi: Huh?

SSU: Come on! Come and get the treat!

Yugi: CHOCOLATE!!!!!!! *running from his spot to SSU*

Yami: Huh? Nooooooooo! *grabs Yugi by his waist and trys to pull him back* No Yugi! Don't do it!

SSU: *giggles still dangling the treat*

Yugi: *trys to break free*

Yami: SSU! Please put the candy away! Please!

SSU: No way this is fun!

Yugi: *gnaws on Yami's fingers to get lose*

Yami: Ahhhhh!!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Seto! What a nice surprise seeing you here! Heh heh heh heh." Sora said.

Seto's eyes narrowed at her. "What are you doing here?"

"Uh well see it's a funny story actually. Um," Sora said trying to make up some sort of excuse, " Well, I was walking um down that hall over there and--"

"Were you near the throne room?" he said raising his voice, which made Sora jump.

"Uh….No, no why would I ever go down there?" she chuckled.

"Oh I don't know maybe because the pharaoh is down there!" he said making Sora jump again, but she stood her ground.

"Seto, you worry too much. I wasn't down there and that's the end of it. You should trust me more." She said as she walked past him casually.

Seto sighed as he watched her head towards her room. * I wish I could* he thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sora pushed the door to her room open and walk inside. She plopped on her bed thinking of her little adventure. She sighed and said, "Man that was great!"

*He's not bad at all* she thought as she drifted into a light sleep.

~*Sora's dream*~

"What's going on here?" said a voice.

"You have something that we want!" said a masculine voice and another grabbed Sora.

"Ah what are you doing?! Yami, help me!" Sora yelled.

"Oh no Sora!"

//Sora, what's happening to me! Sora!//

~*End of dream*~

"Sora!" said a faint voice. Then it grew louder, "SORA!!"

Sora's eyes snapped open. "Huh!?" She got up and looked out of her window then she looked at the floor where a small pebble was. She walked over to it and was about to pick it up when another pebble flew through her window and slid beside the other. She quickly walked out on her balcony and looked down.

"Sora!" said a voice. She looked to where the voice had come from, and there stood her best friend Naomi.

"Oh it's you Naomi. Come on up!" said Sora.

Naomi smiled and ran out of view. A few seconds later, Sora heard a knock on the door and Naomi came in. Naomi pushed her black hair out of her green eyes and sat on Sora's bed with a big smile.

"So what's going on? Did you do anything today?"

"Oh nothing really."

"Oh come on! You can't fool me Sora."

"What are you talking about?"

"You've met someone!"

Sora looked at her friend in shock, then laughed. "No I didn't."

"I know you Sora. No one gives that kind of gazing look for nothing!"

"Well……"

"I knew it! So who is it? Do I know him? Or here's a better question. Does Seto know him?"

"You should know him!" Sora blurted out but then covered her mouth regretting what she had said. But before she could take it back, Naomi was already thinking about it.

"Hmmm, lets see. Well the only person that I can think of that both Seto and I know is--." she said to herself. Then she paused, "Oh my god you like the pharaoh! Pharaoh Yami!"

Sora realized that there was no way of hiding from her best friend any longer and slowly nodded.

Naomi was in shock. Then she became serious. Even though she was a little younger than Sora she still acted like she was twenty.

"Does Seto know about this?" said Naomi.

Sora sighed "No" she looked down at the floor; "I can't find the heart to tell him. Besides if he knew that I had feelings for Pharaoh Yami he'd kill me!"

"I'm sure that he'll understand."

"No, Naomi he want. Seto's been spending most of his career trying to get rid of Yami and take/destroy these millennium items that he keeps on talking about."

Naomi looked deep into he friends eyes. She could see her trapped like a rat, and she couldn't get her out of it. She didn't know what to say. She put her hand on Sora's shoulder.

"Sora," she said as Sora looked up at her, "What ever you decide I'm with you all the way. Ok?"

Sora nodded and they hugged.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Yami's chamber^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yami took off his headdress and lied it on his bed. He held the blue rose that Sora had given him earlier. I hope that I will see her again soon. Then came a knock on his door.

"Who is it?" he called.

"It's Yugi" said a small voice.

Yami smiled and said, "Come in."

Yugi entered and took one look at Yami and he new something had happened. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"Huh? Oh nothing." Yami said still gazing at the rose.

"It's that servant girl isn't it?"

"How'd you know?"

"I just had a feeling. Besides you looked different when she gave that rose to you. You wouldn't act like that around just anybody. I was there when it happened. You're hooked I just know it." Yugi said.

"Yugi, I don't think that she's a regular servant girl. She seems different from the others. Real different."

"How so?"

"Well for one, her physical appearance is way different. I also haven't seen her around the palace before…"

"And?"

"Well I just know Yugi. She just seems special. Ok?"

"Ok ok! I got you! Now let me put that in a glass of water for you." Yugi said as he got up and took the flower from Yami and walked into another room.

"Yugi?" Yami said.

"Hum?"

"What if she doesn't take my offer? Do you think that I'll ever see her again?"

Yugi chuckled, "I'm sure you will." he said as he walked out of the room.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^The next day^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sora made her daily routine by getting up, getting past Alice and Seto, and putting on her servant clothes. After asking for directions, she made her way to Yami's garden. When she reached it, a servant gave her a small basket and she began to look around. She then came to a golden colored rose.

"What a pretty rose" she said, as she smelled it.

"There very rare in these parts" said a voice behind her.

She quickly turned around and there was Yami. "Pha-Pharaoh Yami!" she stuttered.

"You can call me Yami if you'd like."

"O-Ok" she said still in shock.

Yami smiled and said, "If you want, you can keep that." pointing to the rose.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

Then there came an awkward silence. Yami looked up and Sora just stared at the flower.

"Well um, I`d better be going." Sora said quickly.

"Uh yeah me too." Yami said as they both went into their separate ways.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sora ran behind a wall out of sight and leaned on it. She sighed and then peeped beyond the wall and watched Yami run out of her view. Then she broke out running down the hall.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Did you see her? Huh huh did you?" Yugi said eagerly.

Yami laid on his bed and stared at the ceiling. "Yeah" he sighed.

"What was she like? Did she say anything? -_- Or did you do all the talking?"

"Calm down Yugi! I'll tell you all about it later, but for now I'd like to rest."

"Oh, ok" said Yugi disappointed.

Yami then chuckled and closed his eyes.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sora was now walking towards Naomi's room. *I have to tell her what happened today* But as she walked around a corner, she stopped dead in her tracks. She saw Seto and his friend Bakura walking in her direction. She quickly hid behind another wall that was dark enough so that she couldn't be seen.

*I can't let Seto see me in these clothes!* she thought.

As they got closer she could hear their conversation.

"Come on Seto, you have to come to the banquet!" begged Bakura.

"No way Bakura! I have other things to do than go to some stupid banquet." said Seto.

"But it's the pharaoh's 17th birthday!"

"That's one of the reasons that I don't want to go!"

"Come on Seto! Do it for me?"

"Well…. I guess I could think about it."

"Yes!"

"But I'm not making any promises!"

"Ok fine with me." Bakura said as he crossed his arms.

Their voices grew softer and softer until Sora couldn't hear them any longer. Then she continued her quest to Naomi's room.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sora reached Naomi's room and knocked on her door.

"Who is it?" called Naomi.

"It's me." whispered Sora.

"Me who?"

"Come on Naomi. Let me in!"

A few seconds later, the door cracked and out peeped Naomi. "Oh it's you, Sora. Come in!" said Naomi.

Sora slipped into the room. The room was slightly smaller than hers was because Naomi's parents didn't actually work for the pharaoh, but for some other people that did. So they weren't as close to Yami as Seto was. She found a chair beside the bed and sat in it. Naomi sat on her bed facing her.

"So? How was it?" said Naomi.

"I was great! But sort of short."

"Oh this is soooo romantic! It's like secret love!!" said Naomi ignoring Sora's comment. Sora was about to say something else but it was too late, Naomi was already in her own little world.

" I can see it now `Oh Yami I love you deeply!' `Oh Sora my love' " Naomi laughed as she imitated the two.

-_-0 "Cut it out Naomi!" Sora said throwing a pillow at her. It hit Naomi square in the face.

"Ouch! Hey!" yelled Naomi throwing another pillow back at Sora. The next thing they knew, they were involved in a huge pillow fight.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yami: Yugi stop!!!!!!!!!!!

Yugi: CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!

SSU: Mwahahahahaha!!! * still dangling the candy*

Yami: Please SSU! Put it away! *still holding Yugi back*

SSU: No.

Yami: Please I'm begging you! I'll do anything! Just put it away!

SSU: Ok. * putting away the chocolate bar*

*Yugi stops lunging and he and Yami both fall back on the floor*

Yami: *gets up rubbing head* Ow! What that's it? Just like that?

SSU: Yeah.

Yami: -_-0

~~~~~~

SSU: Please R&R!