Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Torn Destinies ❯ Getting Ready ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh. Blah Blah Blah and that other stuff.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SSU: *walks in frustrated at something*

Yami: *Reading newspaper (sports section)* Uh what's that matter with you?

SSU: No one's reviewing! Ahhhhhh!

Yami: Um it's ok, SSU. *pats her on back*

Yugi: Maybe if you write a little more it will help.

SSU: WRITE A LITTLE MORE?! HOW ABOUT I WRITE A LITTLE MORE ABOUT YOU YUGI? HUH? HOW ABOUT THAT?!

Yugi: *cowers in a corner*

Yami: Calm down SSU. He was only making a suggestion.

SSU: *sighs* I know, I'm sorry Yugi come here. *grabs Yugi and hugs him so hard that he can't breath* I never meant to be mean.

Yugi: *gasp* Yami! *gasp* Help me! *gasp*

Yami: Oh no way! She's all yours!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^

Naomi and Sora stopped the pillow fight and sat on the bed, laughing.

"That was fun!" Sora giggled.

"Yeah…" said Naomi "So do you have any other ideas?"

"For what?"

"To see Yami sooner of course!" Naomi laughed.

"Oh…. well I overheard that he's going to throw a birthday banquet soon, but that's all I got."

"Oh yeah I heard about that! He's turning 17, I think, and from the rumors that I've heard, the whole palace is invited." informed Naomi.

"Well I guess that would include me, but when is it?"

"In two days I believe."

"Well that's perfect!"

"Don't get your hopes built up, Sora!" Naomi warned, "You're forgetting one tiny little obstacle."

"And what's that?"

"Duh, Seto!? If he caught you there I'd never see you again!"

"Then I'll wear my disguise." said Sora.

"Nope. You can't do that either! Even though it says that "everyone" is invited. It also says that servants must wear formal clothing. Therefore, miss love bird, you can't hide you face!" Naomi answered back.

"What!? Well that's just great! What am I going to do?" panicked Sora.

"Well you could just go as yourself and try to avoid Seto, but it won't be easy!"

"Yeah! I could do that! Besides, Seto might not even come!"

"Why wouldn't he come?"

Sora rolled her eyes. "Anyway, are you going?"

"I'm sure that I could."

"Great! But what should I wear?" said Sora thinking to herself.

"Hummmm. Hey, how about that white silk dress with the golden lining that you showed me the other day?"

"Uh, no I don't think that's such a good idea, Naomi."

"Why not? It's perfect!"

"But it's my mother's old dress. It was her favorite." said Sora, looking a tad bit hurt for bringing up the subject.

Naomi's eyes softened and she took both of her friend's hands into hers. "Naomi, I know you miss her very much, but don't you think that she would want you to wear it. I mean I don't think that she'd want it to lie in the back of a closet and just sit there gathering dust. Do you?" she said.

"Well I guess not."

"Good now come on and let's get ready! We have a lot of work to do!" said Naomi running into her closet to gather some of her makeup and jewelry.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yami slouched in this throne, bored to death. He could help but wonder what "she" was doing.

"Your highness………?" said one of his servants.

Yami quickly snapped out of his daze. "Wha-What?"

"Your highness, your friend Joey is here to see you." said the servant.

"Oh um show him in." said Yami waving his hand at him.

A couple seconds later a tall blonde teenage boy, about the age of Yami, came in. Joey had been friends with Yami ever since they were both little kids. Joey, lately, had been traveling through Egypt in search of the ancient millennium items. His goal was to find them and protect them from anyone that would use them for evil. Joey smiled at Yami.

"Hey how's it going? I hear that you're turning 17 soon! Am I right?" said Joey.

"Yeah." Yami smiled sitting up in his throne.

Joey started to look around. "Hey uh where's Yugi?"

"He went for a walk outside the palace and he won't be back for a while." Yami answered. "So what have you been up to lately?"

"If you're asking if I found any items, then the answers "no". They're getting harder to find these days. I guess it's because we have most of them."

Yami just laughed at this. He enjoyed his friend coming back to see him, and to stay and celebrate his birthday, but his mind was somewhere else.

^^^^^^^^^^^^~*In a dark place*~^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"This is just perfect!" hissed a voice in the shadows.

"What is, my lord?" came another voice but this one was softer than the first.

"The seeker of the items has returned to it's home, while it's pharaoh is love-struck on a girl that he doesn't even really know. You have to pay more attention, Juno, if you're going to stick around here." hissed the voice again.

"Yes, my lord" answered Juno.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sora suddenly woke up and sat up in her bed. She was sweating all over, and was breathing hard. She looked around her dark empty room. Then all of a sudden her forehead began to sting.

She winced in pain, "Ahh! What the--?" she grabbed her forehead then the pain stopped as quickly as it came. She looked up into her mirror that was across from her bed, and saw herself but on her forehead was a glowing egyptian eye.

"Huh?" she asked herself.

She quickly got out of her bed and went over to the mirror and stared into it once more. When she blinked she no longer saw herself in the mirror, but a slight bit taller, sharp-looking version of her. The figure stared back at her with a slight smirk. Sora stumbled back in amazement of the sight. But once she blinked again the reflection changed back into her own.

"Did I just see what I thought I just saw?" she said as she leaned in at the mirror and gently tapped it "Or was I just dreaming?"

She went back to her bed and then stared outside her window. Then she slowly drifted back to sleep, still keeping her eyes on the stars as long as she could.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SSU: Oh I love you sooooo much Yugi!

Yugi: *gasping for air*

Yami: *laughing at the scene*

SSU: Oh is there any way that I can make it up to you?

Yugi: *managing to get out the words* YOU CAN START BY LETTING GO!!

SSU: Oh….oh yeah I forgot! *lets go of Yugi* ^_^0

Yugi: * rubbing his neck* Thanks!

SSU: I'm sorry for yelling at you! I love you sooo much! You're my favorite character!

Yami: *stops laughing* What do you mean your "favorite character"?

SSU: You know….? I like him the best!

Yami: WHAT?! I thought that I was your favorite!

SSU: *gets evil grin* Oh but you are! Come here you! *runs toward Yami with arms wide open*

Yami: Oh no you don't! Stay away from me! Ahhhhh! *breaks out in a run with SSU on his tail*

Yugi: He he he he!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SSU: Hope that you liked this chapter! I'm going to try and write more sooner, but no promises! But I WILL promise that I'll write faster if you review. Deal? Hum? What was that? I can't hear you! Just R&R, Ok?