Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Torn Destinies ❯ The Banquet ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Ok I admit it…..I don't own Yugioh. I wish I did though! That would be really cool! But I only own Sora.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yami: Ahhhhhhh! Somebody help me!

SSU: *chasing Yami around room*

Yugi: *rolling on the floor laughing*

SSU: *gets tired and stops running* Whew! Well I'm beat!

Yami: *stops running too*

Yugi: *stops laughing* Man that was great!

Yami: *panting* To you maybe!

Yugi: Yami, heh, you're just so funny when you're helpless. *starts to laugh again*

Yami: *fakely* Ha Ha Ha!

SSU: Oh come on Yami you have to admit that that was pretty funny seeing you run like a girl.

Yami: I didn't run like a girl!

SSU: Yeah you did! And I have plenty of proof! So there!

Yami: *defeated* Ok ok so I run a little like a girl so what!

*Yugi and SSU fall to the floor laughing*

SSU: *still laughing* Mr. high and mighty admits it!

Yami: *turns bright red*

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yami stared at the blue rose that was in a vase beside his bed. He couldn't take his eyes off of it.

*I wonder if she'll be there tonight* he thought. He began to fall into a light sleep on his bed when he was suddenly awakened by Joey who had snuk into his room unnoticed by Yami.

"Hey buddy! What's going on? Shouldn't you be getting ready for your banquet?" said Joey happily.

Yami just sighed. "Yeah I guess so."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"It's a girl isn't it? What like you couldn't find a girl to take to your own banquet?!" Joey said surprised.

Yami chuckled. "No Joey it's not that, not exactly anyways. So who are you taking?" he said trying to change the subject.

"Yugi is of course taking Tea, your "foreseer", and well I might just take one of your loyal servants, Mai. You know…I think that she's starting to like me!"

Yami chuckled again. "Yeah, sure Joey."

"But I really do think that!"

"What ever, Joey." Yami said walking out of his room with Joey following him.

"Aw come on, Yami!" shouted Joey just as the door closed behind them.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sora gently closed the door to her room and lied her stuff on the bed. Naomi and her had been shopping since dawn trying to find things for her outfit. She couldn't wait to go to the banquet that night. She was to meet Naomi and they were to go together. She was so busy thinking about the night that was to come that she didn't notice that her forehead was once again glowing but this time the eye on her forehead was clearly visible. Then it began to sting like it had done before, Sora winced. She ran to her mirror.

"Oh no not again!" she cried as she continued to hold her forehead. She stepped back and then a strong force pushed her hands off of her forehead, and straight in front of her so that she could see them. Then her finger tips began to glow. She lifted her index finger and observed it closely, but when she went to return it to its place back in front of her, golden light burst out of her finger. She began to move her finger in a drawing motion and it looked as if she was drawing in the air with golden paint.

"Wow!" she said in amazement. Then she began to swirl her finger around her and it continuously revolved around her. But then she became light-headed and suddenly collapsed to the ground.

"What-what's going on?" she said to herself as her forehead began to sting again. "I-I have to tell Seto."

She managed to stand and then ran out of her room as fast as she could towards Seto's chamber.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sora continued to run in the direction of Seto's chamber. *I know that he hates it when people interrupt his studies but I have to see him* she thought.

Once she had reached his room, she glanced around to make sure that she wasn't being watched and pushed the door open. The place was dark and cool. That was the way Seto had always liked it, and Sora had never figured out why. She walked around the room.

"Hello? Is anyone here? Seto?" she called "Seto--"

The door flew open and Alice and Seto stepped into the room. Sora swiftly hid behind a certain.

"Seto, you have to get some sleep! You need your rest." said Alice.

"I can't, Alice! Not when I'm so close to figuring out another holder of a millenium item. I just know that they live in this palace! I can feel it." answered Seto looking around then picking up some pieces of parchment that was lying on his desk.

"Well I don't care what you feel as long as you get some sleep. And for god's sake do something with that sister of yours, she's being a little pest!"

"Oh Alice." Seto chuckled as they both left the room.

Sora breathed a sigh of relief as the room was once again deserted and quiet. The pain was now gone from her forehead so she came out from behind the certain and headed for the door. *I'll tell him later. He seems to have a lot of things on his mind right now* she thought as she quickly exited the room.

As she continued to run down the hallway, she turned to see if anyone had seen her exit Seto's room… when she bumped into someone. The woman that she had hit dropped her things and turned to Sora.

"Oh my! I'm so sorry! I wasn't paying attention to where I was going! I seem to have been doing that a lot lately." said Sora as she bent down to help the woman pick up her things.

"Oh it's ok. I was about to drop them anyways. I should have tried to make two trips instead of one." said the woman.

"Well, let me help you. It's the least I can do for running into you like that." said Sora as they started down the hall.

"Ok, thanks! So what's your name?"

"My name's Sora. What's yours?"

"I'm Mai. I'm one of the pharaoh's servants here. I haven't seen you around before. What do you do?"

"Oh…. um…. well my family works for the pharaoh." Sora said shakily.

"Well that's great! I hope to see you around sometime! Are you going to the banquet tonight?"

"Well I'm pretty sure that I will."

"Well I hope to see you there! Bye!" Mai said as she turned a entered a small room.

"Bye!"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ~*That Night at the Banquet*~ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sora and Naomi appeared at the entrance in their dresses. Sora was dressed in her mother's dress with a golden band around her upper arm, a golden necklace, and bracelet. Naomi was dressed in a turquoise dress with a golden ring, and necklace. They both asked not to be announced when they entered, so they snuk into the ballroom and hid themselves in the crowd.

"Wow there are a lot of people here!" said Sora.

"Yeah, do you see him yet?" asked Naomi.

"No not yet."

They both began to look around the room. They noticed many of his friends were there, but no sign of Yami. As they continued to search for him, Mai, who was dressed in a purple gown spotted them and ran over, dragging a tall blond boy (Joey) with her.

"Hey Sora! You look great! Oh this is Joey. He's my date for the night." Mai pulled Joey's arm to get his attention since he seemed to be distracted, "Joey, I'd like you to meet Sora."

"Oh, hello Sora." said Joey.

"Hello. This is my friend Naomi."

Joey and Mai both greeted Naomi, and struck up a conversation with her. While Naomi and the others were talking, Sora again began to look around for Yami. But instead of finding Yami, Seto and Alice caught her eye. She nudged Naomi and whispered her discovery in her ear. Naomi began to look in the direction of Seto and whispered something back to Sora. Then Naomi went back to her conversation with Joey and Mai while Sora slipped away unnoticed to a large fish tank in a connected room. The room was only full of a few people, which made Sora feel more comfortable.

#######(an: this means that these are the character views at the same time)####

Yami stepped into the nearly deserted room, away from the crowd. He leaned against the wall near a huge fish tank. He gave a sigh of relief. He never really liked these big banquets even if they were in his honor. All he wanted was for him to have some time alone. Away from all of the attention. He glanced into the fish tank; a few seconds later his eyes meet with another's on the other side of the tank.

##############

Sora stared into the tank and watched the fish swim around. *You're just like me, trapped from the outside world* she thought to herself. She continued to look into the tank until she spotted a pair of dark eyes staring at her.

####################

Yami stared at the pair of eyes in wonder. *where have I seen those blue eyes before* He felt some familiarity in them.

###########

Sora watched the eyes and the facial features behind them. Then it struck her. She jolted up and looked over the tank to see Yami face to face with her. She took a couple steps back and turned to leave not wanting to turn back around. * How could I have let him see me! I came so that I could see him not the other way around! * she began to panic. She started to make her way toward the crowd.

#######(Yami's view of the same moment)#########

The figure jumped form her place and stood up straight. He couldn't take his eyes off of her. Her white dress flowed down to the ground, and her jewelry shimmered in the light. She was so beautiful, and yet so familiar. The girl panicked and turned to leave.

"Wait!" he said.

The girl stopped where she was, but didn't turn around.

"Who are you? What is your name?" he asked.

Silence.

"Who are you?" he asked again.

The girl turned and smiled at him and then continued to walk. But before he could stop her again she was lost in the crowd. He rushed though the people and pushed his way in the direction that he had thought that she had gone. Then he spotted her near the door with another girl, in a turquoise dress, that he had seen around before, and they looked as if they were leaving. Yami tried to push his way through the last bit of people but was stopped by Joey who grabbed him and started to pull him in the other direction.

"Oh no you don't birthday boy! Don't think that you're getting out of here that easily!" said Joey as he pushed Yami onto a platform where Yugi, Tea, Mai, Seto, and Alice were standing. Then Joey hopped up on the platform, and stood next to Mai.

Yami craned his neck to see where the girl had been standing, but she was gone.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"You never said that Seto would show!" said Naomi as they quickly walked away from the ballroom and down the dark corridor.

"I had no idea myself!"

"Well that's just great! We barely got to stay an hour!" said Naomi throwing her hands up in the air.

"I shouldn't have come." said Sora.

"Don't say that, Sora. We at least got to meet new people!" said Naomi trying to cheer her up.

"Yeah, Yami actually got to meet the real me!" answered the not-so-thrilled Sora.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Uh hem. Ladies and Gentlemen! I'm happy to announce that it's Pharaoh Yami's birthday!" shouted Joey. Everyone clapped and cheered as Yami stepped forward. Yami blushed a little and even though he started to act normal, his mind was somewhere else. *Who was she? And where have I seen her before.* he thought.

"Hey Yami! Congratulations!" came a familiar voice. Yugi and Tea were heading in his direction.

"Thanks!" he answered back.

"Where were you earlier? I couldn't find you." said Yugi.

"Around." answered Yami. He looked at Tea. Tea was staring at him, like she was trying to solve a puzzle. "Hello, Tea."

Tea snapped out of her gaze. "Oh hello again Yami. Sorry for the stare. I've been working day and night trying to figure out these visions that I've been having."

"Oh really! Please go on!"

"It's nothing for you to worry about. Especially on your birthday."

Yami just sighed and continued his conversation with them. While in a dark corner stood a tall figure that had been watching them for a good amount of time. The figure leaded against the wall and gave an evil smirk. Then in a flash it disappeared.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SSU: *yawns* Man! All this writing is making me tired! The spring is just too busy of me. I can't wait until its summer! Then I could almost right everyday and still have enough energy to do jumping jacks!

Yami: Why would you wanna do jumping jacks?

SSU: Because…..well….because I'd just want to that's all! Gosh Yami you sure are nosey!

Yami: ((O_o))

SSU: Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter as well! It can kind of get confusing. Please R&R!! I'm going through a huge crisis and reviewing might cheer me up! Please! I'll be your best friend if you do! Come on! Don't make me beg! *on knees* Pretty Please!

Yugi & Yami: -_-0