Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Torn Destinies ❯ The Awakening ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I'll admit it! I don't own anything! Except Sora. So you caught me so what!? *pouts*

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yugi: *still sitting in movie star chair*

Yami: You're full of it! You know that?!

Yugi: *grins*

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yami walked down one of the corridors. His day had been hectic and he was really confused with the whole Sora thing. A million questions ran through his mind. *What does Seto have to do with Sora?* he asked him self. *and why did she run after him like that?* * I hope that Seto's not her boyfr---* he stopped. *NO! She would do that to me. Man, why did I even think of that!?* His hands clutched together, and he continued to walk. Then he caught a small figure out of the corner of his eye.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sora sat on the steps of the garden. Her face was stained with unforgotten tears. The wind blew gently through her hair and dried her face. She wiped her eyes continuously. She was lost, confused, and hopeless. She stood to leave, but as she did she felt two strong arms wrap themselves around her waist.

She turned around to see Yami once again gazing into her eyes like he had done the first time he had ever seen her.

"Yami? Where'd you come from?" she asked staying on his arms.

"I had to see you, again." He answered back softly, but he soon grew serious. "Um can we talk?"

Sora slowly pulled away from him, "It's about Seto isn't it?" she asked looking away.

"Yes it is….Sora? What's going on here? You're hiding something else from me I know it."

Sora continued to look away, trying not to make eye contact with him. "He's-he's a relative of mine and-he's a little over protective of me that's all."

"That's all?"

"Yes."

Yami gently took his index finger and placed it under her chin then slowly lifted it, revealing her face to him. She slowly looked into his eyes. She wanted to look away but she was mesmerized by his gaze on her. She couldn't help but let him slide his arms behind her as he held her close. She closed her eyes and let the passion take hold of her as their lips touched for the second time.

She held his face close to hers as if to never let go but soon a hard slap of reality came to her, and she quickly pulled away from him.

"This can't be right." She said softly.

//Why not?// said a voice inside her head.

"What do you mean?" asked Yami.

"I can't-I can't do this. Not now." She said as she ran passed Yami and out of the garden.

//Where are you going?//

"I have to clear my head!" she said to herself racing down the corridor.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sora slammed her bedroom door, and leaned against it. She gave a sigh of relief.

//Why'd you do that?!// asked the same voice that spoke to her earlier. Only this time Sora noticed it a lot more.

"Who said that?" she asked.

//It's me, Sara. Come on Sora, Don't you remember me?//

"Where are you? Show yourself." asked Sora as she began to slowly look around her room.

//Look in the mirror.//

"What?"

//Just do it!//

Sora quickly ran to her mirror, but all she saw was her reflection. Then suddenly she began to glow with golden light, and when she blinked she saw the same figure that she had seen the other night. The sharp imitation of her just crossed her arms and gave a small smile.

//Hi there, Sora.//

Sora jumped back in surprise that the figure had talked. The figure just gave a short chuckle.

"What's going on? Who are you?!" asked Sora still in shock.

//I already told you! My name is Sara. I'm your yami.//

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yami stood near the garden where Sora had left him. His heart was torn at the way Sora had been acting lately. *Why does she keep running away from me!? Is it something that I said or did I do something wrong?* he asked himself.

As Yami was in deep thought, Joey and Yugi had been walking past the garden and spotted him. They both exchanged confused looks at each other and went up behind him.

"Hey Yami! What are you doing out here?" asked Joey.

"Yeah, we've been looking all over for you!" said Yugi.

Yami slowly turned around to face them. He looked at them with saddened eyes and Joey and Yugi immediately knew that something was wrong.

"What happened?" asked Joey.

"Is it Sora?" asked Yugi, knowing that she was the only thing that could ever bring Yami down. She meant so much to him ever since he first saw her. Ever since Yami had never cared for anything more.

Yami slowly nodded, giving the answer to Yugi's question.

"Who?" asked Joey giving a confused expression.

Yugi patted Joey on the back. "Come on, Joey. We'll explain everything to you in Yami's room." he said as they left the garden and headed for Yami's room.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^A while later^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"So what you're trying to tell me is that you're my yami and you live inside a certain treasure that I some how posses?" asked Sora who was now more relaxed and was lying on her bed facing her mirror. Her "yami"(Sara) was doing the same (but in the mirror).

//Uh, yeah I guess you could say that.// answered Sara.

"Can you tell me what that certain treasure might be?" asked Sora.

//I'm afraid not. You see I can only reveal so much. The rest you have to find out on your own.//

Sora gave a deep sigh. Then she heard a knock on her door, and as she got up to answer it she peeked back into the mirror and saw once her own reflection again. She gave another sigh of relief and opened the door.

Naomi and Mai rushed inside her room.

"Hey Sora I thought that I'd bring Mai over with me to give you more company." said Naomi.

"Hello again!" said Mai.

"Uh….hello…Mai." said Sora as she shook Mai's hand. "What brings you two here?"

"We wanted to see if you were alright and all." said Naomi but then mumbled, "You know with the whole Seto deal."

"Oh…well I guess I'm fine now." said Sora.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"Well someone has to fix your makeup now because it's all smeared, and runny." giggled Naomi as Mai when to Sora's bathroom soon came out with makeup.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Juno stood in a near by tree where the scene of Yami and Sora had taken place. He could sense that Sora's yami had spoken to her in the garden earlier. He knew that the more Sora found out about her past and her "abilities" and what she possesses, the better. He was beginning to get anxious about the whole situation. Then he remembered what his master had told him earlier…

"Once her yami's awakening is complete, we'll have what we came here for. And we will be unstoppable!"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SSU: Yugi will just get out of that chair now?!

Yugi: No.

SSU: Yugi!

Yugi: No! *powders face*

SSU: Yes! *trys to pull Yugi from chair but can't*

Yugi: NO!! *holding onto chair for dear life*

SSU: YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yami: -_-0 Ok, even though he looks like me doesn't mean that I know him!