Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ TOTALLY SPIES: Dueling Dramas! ❯ Let the Duels Begin! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THREE
 
 
One week later…
 
Everyone, even Mandy, passed the test, and she did even better than Clover, Sam, and Alex.
 
Still… with me on watch, Mandy did not dare boast out, and Clover did not dare to lash out.
 
“Well, Congratulations everyone!” I said with pride, “Everyone one of you have passed with a least a Seven-Star average!”
 
“And now, we move onto the second half, and most difficult course of Duel-Monsters!”
 
The class couldn't believe what they heard. “You mean, there's more than just learning the game and it's origins and stuff?” asked Alex.
 
“Of course.” I said. “You all may have passed the studying of Ancient-Egypt, but now we have to see id you are truly worthy of it!”
 
Sam Raised her hand and asked, “What exactly are we going to be doing now?”
 
“Well…if you'd give me a chance to explain!” I said in a sarcastic tone. “You all know the ways of Duel-monsters, but know you will have to prove it, by Playing the game itself!”
 
“What!” moaned Mandy, “Are you saying we have to play this game to earn more of the credit?!”
 
“I won't do it!”
 
“Well you had better!” I protested, “Remember, the course is not completed yet, and I can still degrade you of ignorance!”
 
Mandy hushed up.
 
I revealed the Second Chart which was exactly like the other one with stars and names on it.
 
“This weekend you are all to study as much of the Game-Rules as you can, because from now on…”
 
“We'll hit the books for the first half of class, and then duel for the second half!”
 
“You each start of with ten points, and you wager them on your duels. You must obtain Eighty points or more to pass!”
 
“And even if you have no points left to wager, you still duel, but with the deducted amount of those points!”
 
The bell rang.
 
“Class dismissed… and remember, Prepare your decks well, as there is no limit to how great a duelist can be!”
 
* * *
 
The girls were up all night in their dorm figuring out what cards to use in their decks.
 
“The rules require that have to have at least Forty cards, Or they can't participate!” said Sam looking up from her Rule-book.
 
“Yeah, but like, how do we decided what cards go in?” moaned Clover.
 
“Clover, didn't you study at all?” asked Alex. “You just need a good variety of Monster, Magic, and Trap cards!”
 
The girls continued long into the night, and all through the weekend too.
 
* * *
 
As scheduled on Monday, the duels began.
I set up normal tables on the ground level of the room, and had paired all the students in groups of two at random.
 
The rules basic rules of the game were still as they always were.
 
As for whom duels who, Each student was duel each and every one of their classmates.
 
Therefore, when A duel had ended, one duelist was to move to the table ahead, and the second duelist would go to the table behind the other.
 
Clover, Sam, and Alex really didn't enjoy having to duel against each other, especially seeing as how I made giving help in class forbidden.
 
The duels went on all week long, but normal schooling still continued as well.
 
Studying the rules of the game, and I even gave a few tests on them, So far, not many of the students got a failing mark.
 
Not even Mandy!
 
In fact, by the first sign of Spring-break, Mandy was at the top of the class with almost 200 points.
 
“Ha, ha, ha! Some of us have it and some of us don't!” she boasted. “And I obviously have it!”
 
* * *
 
On Friday, the very last day before Spring-Break, The class had all passed wonderfully.
 
Mandy had 300 points in first place, and for second place, Clover, Sam and Alex were tied with 290 points a piece.
 
 
“You're finished Clover!” snorted Mandy. “I attack you directly, and that's GAME!!”
 
“Ah… no way… she totally clobbered me!” whined Clover. “I could've been the Champion of the class!”
 
“Now, now, Clover!” I said, “Duel-Monsters, works in strange ways, but at least you had trust in your cards!”
 
“And your tied with us for Second place!” said Alex, “You should at least be happy about that!”
 
That did make Clover feel better.
 
“Oh, Please!” snorted Mandy. “Trust in the cards, when it's really the Power and joy of making the loser look bad!”
 
The Entire class gasped at what she just said, and I did not look at all please with it.
 
“Mandy!” I said sternly, “Duel-Monsters isn't about just power… it's about trusting in your cards and have faith in your deck!”
 
“Oh really!” said Mandy, “Then maybe we should see just how good you'd do in Duel!”
 
My features changes to an evil smile. “Is that…A Challenge?” I asked.
 
The Class all stared at us as if we were going to fight to the Death. “Yeah…prove the Cards are about faith!” said Mandy!
 
“Oh wait…I forgot, You don't even have a dueling deck with you, because all you do is teach the game! Ha, ha, ha, ha!”
 
I just opened up my blue jacket wide, and to everyone's surprise, There were at least Six Decks inside the pockets.
 
“You were saying?” I said. “You and I shall duel Mandy, but playing just for fun is not my style!”
 
“If I win this duel… then I shall take away all your points for you insolence throughout my class, and your rarest card for disrespecting your deck!”
 
“Okay!” said Mandy, “But since I'm going to win… you have to take me out shopping for a whole month after you leave school!”
 
The entire class gasped again, “Don't do it Professor!” cried Alex, “You do not want to shop for Mandy!”
 
I didn't really seem to care about the flipside. Mandy and I declared a Pinky swear…
 
“Deal!” we both said.
 
* * *
 
A few minutes later, The class had gathered outside the school and formed a sort of ring around me and Mandy.
 
“What…is this thing?” she whined as she toyed with a very weird device strapped to her arm. “It so does not go with my outfit!”
 
“These are Duel-Disks!!” I said.
 
“They're used to project life-like holograms for every card, spell, trap and Creature, which add a bit more life to the game!”
 
I showed Mandy how to set the Duel-Disk on, insert her deck, and launch the holograms!
 
“I just hope you're a better shopper than you are a teacher!” teased Mandy, “Because when I win…”
 
“Which you won't!” I cut her off.
 
“What was that!” she snapped.
 
“I have been watching your style, Mandy, and I have played this entire duel in my head!”
 
“You will be defeated…in THREE turns!”
 
 
“Three turns?!” said Clover from the sidelines, He cannot be serious, Mandy totally knows her stuff!”
 
“But not all of his stuff!” said Sam, “I think there's more to Professor Mykan than meets the eye!”
 
 
“GAME ON!!!” Mandy and I cried out.