Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ TOTALLY SPIES: Dueling Dramas! ❯ Studying really bites! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO
 
 
The next day, I had finally settled in…
 
My name files spread neatly out on my desk, a pile of text-books on the history of duel monsters.
 
What amazed the students the most was a small photo in a frame on the desk of a beautiful girl.
 
She had long dark glossy green hair, wearing a beautiful red silky dress, and she even wore a tiara on her head.
 
And right around her neck was odd looking necklace, Dark-Gold, with a strange looking eye in the front of it.
 
She almost could have been… a Princess, but the students believe it was only farfetched.
 
Besides, most of them decided at best to not get on my nerves, or I would make it difficult for them.
 
 
 
At the start of class I noticed a lot of people had their decks as I had instructed…all of them Except Mandy!
 
I stared at her right in the face “Could you kindly explain yourself?” I said looking her dead in the eyes.
 
“Oh please…!” Said Mandy, rudely. “I've had one of those lousy decks since Day one!”
 
“So you spent you 50 dollars on those designer boots you are wearing?” I said suddenly.
 
The class all gasped, and Mandy was backed into a corner again “How…did you know that? Have you been spying on me?”
 
* * *
 
Suddenly, Mandy was seen standing in the hallway, struggling to hold two heavy sand bags in each arm.
 
“You see that class!” I said to the rest of them. “That's what's in store for anyone who tries to waste my time!”
 
“I don't give you extra Homework! I don't Make you wear a DUNCE cap, or give you Detention!”
 
“After you hold both those Sandbags for Fifteen Minutes, You're going to wish I had!”
 
“Can you feel your shoulders burning, Miss Mandy?”
 
Poor Mandy, Could barely even nod her head, because the bags were so heavy.
 
“This…is…so…not…fair!” she moaned.
 
Clover, Sam, and Alex did want to laugh at her like the rest of the class wanted to…
 
But knowing that I could do that to them too, they just resisted, and resumed studying.
 
I had given each of the students each a copy of a book entitled…
 
THE BIG BOOK OF DUEL-MONSTERS
 
More than 500 pages long, with all the rules of how to play the game, and a listing of all it's wonderful cards and their rules.
 
The assignment was to study the basics of the game, and build their decks to their likings.
 
They were also to select a monster from the one of thousands of wild varieties, and write a five page Essay about it's Egyptian History, as well as it's game status.
 
What type it is, how strong it is, and what types of strategies would go good when playing the card.
 
Sam…chose a monster called Princess-of-Tusurgi.
 
Alex… chose the… RED-EYES BLACK-DRAGON!
 
And Clover chose a monster she though looked just adorable… THE HAPPY-LOVER.
 
 
By the end of the week, I hung up two score boards with each other students names on it.
 
One was going to show just how well the students were excelling in the Egyptian-History sessions of the class.
 
A number of stars drawn beside each name would determine the greatness of that student. The more stars they had, the better their grade would be.
 
The highest number was Ten stars, and each student was to get at least six ore more stars.
 
But the other board just remained covered until it was ready.
 
 
“I have graded your Essays!” I said, “Most of them were very good, but some of you have also may have done horribly!”
 
As I passed out the graded essays, and a lot of them did seem quite good.
 
Arnold got an A+ for his study of… INJECTION-FARIY LILLY… and now the girls.
 
“Sam… Superb.
 
“Alex… Not bad.”
“Clover… Very nice, but remember next time to include more on just you opinion!”
 
Clover blushed red of embarrassment, “Well…at least you passed.” Whispered Alex.
 
So far the only one who had failed the essay with complete Zero percent was the last one for me to hand back the test…
 
“Mandy!!”
 
“Ah…an “F”… that is so not fair!” she complained.
 
“Maybe next time you should study more, and shop less!” I said making the class gawk at me again.
 
How does he know all this stuff? They thought.
 
By the end of class a lot of people had improved well on the star board...well most of them.
 
Arnold already had six Stars, and about half the class had four stars, including Clover, Sam, and Alex.
 
It was only Mandy who was stuck with a pitiful, one star.
 
 
“An important announcement, everyone!” I said sitting at my desk. “Next Friday we shall have a test on everything about Duel-monsters and what you've learned so far!”
 
This made the class all gasp in their seats.
 
“So be sure to start studying this weekend, and all of next week!” The bell rang. “Class dismissed!”
 
“Oh…Mandy… I would like to speak you for a moment!”
 
* * *
 
Later on that Afternoon, the girls were surprised to see… “Mandy, studying late?” said Clover.
 
“Hey cut her a break!” said Arnold, “I over heard Professor Mykan say that she has to at least get a B on next weeks test!”
 
“If she doesn't… he'll grade a big fat “F”!”
 
Clover, Sam, and Alex didn't know what to do. Were they supposed to feel sorry for her, or just grateful.
 
Whichever it was, they had to start studying too, they didn't want flunk this course either.
 
* * *
 
Late that night, I was on my way home.
 
I lived in a small rundown old apartment building, that had no one else living in it.
 
As I climbed the stairs leading to my house, I dropped my briefcase, and a few of my papers and that photo I had today fell out.
 
“Ah…Oh No!” I cried. I picked up the Picture, not caring at all that the papers blew away in the breeze.
 
I checked the frame all over, and saw that it had not a scratch on it. “That was close!” I cried.
 
“If anything happened to you, Sabrina, I don't know what would happen to me!”
 
* * *
 
The inside of my house looked as though it would fall apart any minute.
 
A few beat up chairs, a rusty old stove that didn't work, a sofa bed that I had found on the street.
The only thing that seemed to be in perfect condition was the utensils in the bathroom.
 
I placed that picture down on the window sill right next to a ton of other photo of the same girl.
 
After I ate my Fast-food take out meal, I stretched out on my sofa bed with a another photo clutched in my arms.
 
“Good night Sabrina… wherever you are!” I whispered.