Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ TOTALLY SPIES: Dueling Dramas! ❯ The girl in the picture. ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIVE
 
 
Sam, Clover and, Alex decided to head back to their huge house for Spring-Break, instead of staying at the college.
 
They didn't know what to do for the week.
 
Shopping, the beach, the dance-clubs, So many possibilities now that school was out.
 
 
“Ooh…I cannot believe we all got top of the class!” cried Clover, “Not to mention making Mandy Look like a Loser!”
 
“Clover, don't over do it!” said Alex, “Mandy gambled on the duel, and she lost fair and square.”
 
Sam however was hardly paying any attention to the others, and was lost in her own mind.
 
Until…She looked up, out the window, and saw me walking down the street without my blue Jacket on.
 
“Hey girls, look!” she said.
 
“Hey… it's Professor Mykan.” Said Alex, “And it looks like he's heading into town!”
 
“But, what for?” asked Clover. “What say girls, shall we follow him?”
 
Sam, and Alex hesitated a bit, but after all, they were still WOOHP agents. So… off they went!
 
* * *
 
By night, the girls had followed me home to the rundown, abandoned apartment building near the boat docks, and were hiding in a nearby bush.
 
“Man… I thought he was well paid for his teachings!” said Alex, “Then why would he live in such a dump?”
 
 
Suddenly, I looked around with the feeling that I was being watched. I smiled wickedly and said. “Oh drat, I forgot!” and then headed back into town.
 
“That was close!” cried Clover, “He nearly caught us red handed!”
 
“Come on girls!” said Sam.
 
“Wait!” cried Alex, “What if he comes back while were still in there?”
 
“Alex, do you know how long it is to get from here to town and back without decent transportation?” said Clover.
 
“And besides…” added Sam, “Were on Spring-Break, and his job as sub-Teach are over! He can't really do anything to us anymore.”
 
Regaining her confidence, Alex joined the girls as the walked up the stairs to my home.
 
They found the door was already unlocked, and when they walked inside… “Ewww!” cried Clover. “What a dump!”
 
The inside of my house was only one room, except for a small bathroom in the corner.
 
The ceilings and the walls were cracked, the furniture was all rotted and tattered.
 
Sam also noticed a rather large picture on the wall; A picture of the same girl in the picture I had.
 
Clover, and Alex found smaller pictures of the girl located around the room. She was practically everywhere.
 
“Who do you think she is?” asked Alex.
 
“I don't know, but she must be very special to Professor Mykan!” said Sam.
 
“Indeed she is!” came my voice from the door, causing the girls to yelp when they saw me.
 
“Professor Mykan!” cried Clover. “We're….we're…!”
 
“It's alright, Clover!” I said indicating the bags of fast food I had, “I knew you were all coming tonight!”
 
“You did?” asked Alex.
 
I nodded, and the girls realizing I meant no harm sat themselves down at the table, and consumed the delicious meals I brought.
 
“How did you know we liked this stuff, Professor?” asked Sam.
 
“Girls… you don't have to call me Professor anymore!” I said, “My job is done at the school, now I'm just a normal 19 year-old again!”
 
“What…You're Nineteen?!” the girls asked all at once.
 
“Yes… come next week I shall be!” I said.
 
The girls couldn't believe it, their teacher of the past weeks was way younger than Alex?!
 
“And to answer you question of how I know things!” I said.
 
Reaching up to my neck, I pulled the red scarf off my neck revealing a golden necklace with an eye like thing in the center.
 
Exactly the same as the one the girl in the picture wore
 
“Whoa!!!” the girls cried out. “What is that thing!”
 
“I think I know what it is!” said Sam. She pulled out a copy of the study book from my shelf and saw the necklace along with six other golden items.
 
And the book read…
 
 
When the Pharaoh of Egypt sealed away the Duel-monsters, seven magical Millennium-items were left behind, which the Pharaoh used to seal them up.
 
A Puzzle…An Eye… A Ring… A Key… A Rod… A Scale …And ANecklace!
 
* * *
 
“Yes!” I said, “This is indeed the Millennium-Necklace which gives me very special powers!”
 
“Powers that allow me to look into the past, as well as the future. Not just mine, but of others too!”
 
The girls caught on now. The Necklace allowed me to look into other people's past and see just what they've been up to.
 
And into the future, where he could see things before they happened, and find a way to fix them.
 
“So that's how you were able to defeat Mandy so easily!” said Alex.
 
“Yes… and No!” I said. “I don't use the Millennium-Necklace during duels, but in fact to see if it is I who shall win it!”
 
“This way… I knew of which duels to challenge, and which ones to avoid while I was training to become as good as I am today!”
 
The girls thought that was the deepest of honor and respect any man had ever explained of.
 
“By the way… Prof- - I mean, Mykan… who is this girl in the picture?” asked Alex.
 
“Yeah… she looks like a Princess.” Said Clover.
 
“She is indeed!” I said. “She is the daughter of the King of the company that makes Duel-Monsters!”
 
“Princess, Sabrina…My Fiancé!”
 
“Fiancé?!” the girls yelled out. “You… you two are getting married!” asked Clover sounding a little jealous.
 
“Well… we were going to!” I said sounding sad.
 
“But your both so young… you can't get married yet.” Said Sam “and what do you mean you were going to!”
 
“Well… it's a long story girls!” I said, “But I suppose I can't keep this to myself anymore!”
 
“To yourself?” asked Alex, “Didn't you ever tell your parents about this?”
 
“Oh, my parents…!” I said trying to fight the sadness “…they died when I was just a baby, and I was their only child.”
 
The girls' eyes widened. “You…mean, you're a- -?” asked Clover.
 
I nodded my head sadly, “I'm an… orphan!”
 
The girls all looked ever so sorry for me, being left alone with no parents to raise me, and just a baby too.
 
Being left out alone, in a cold, cruel, and thoughtless world. With nobody to care for me.
 
Nobody to tuck me in at night. Nobody to be there to chase away the bad dreams.
 
“I remember it like it was yesterday.”