Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ TOTALLY SPIES: Dueling Dramas! ❯ Mykan's story. ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SIX
 
 
The last thing I remembered was being alone, all by myself. No family. No friends!
 
According to my history, My parents Died while were on a boat cruise, and we crashed into some jagged rocks.
 
The ship blew up quicker than a balloon, and in the midst it all, my basket where I slept somehow managed to slip off the deck and into the ocean.
 
All I remember seeing was those pretty lights, and the sound of my parents crying out that I was gone.
 
Then the ship sank down below the waves, and was I left alone to drift across the open sea in my basket.
 
I cried, and cried, and then finally, cried myself into a deep dreamless sleep.
 
Two days latter, my basket drifted along the shore line of an island, somewhere in the South-Pacific.
 
And I felt my basket being scooped up by someone, and when I awoke the next morning.
 
I began to see faces, lots of girls and boys wearing different colored Jackets… Red…Yellow…and Blue!
 
The spoke to someone about how they found me soaking wet on the main beach, and it looked as though I was in trouble.
 
The truth was, if it had not been for these people, then I would have surely died!
 
But this other man didn't seem so friendly. He was big and muscular with a grey moustache and beard.
 
He was also dressed in robes and a crown on his head. Was he a king? I didn't know.
 
What he did notice though, was there, around my neck, was a small case that seemed to have a deck of Duel-monster cards in it.
 
And there was note…
 
 
“If any thing should happen to my son.”
 
“Send him away to Duel-Academy at Duelist Kingdom!”
 
Singed:
The Loving parents.
 
As gruffly as the King was, even he couldn't bear it to have a poor helpless child suffer.
 
So he took me into his home, and had his servants raise me.
 
* * *
 
When I old enough, the servants were ordered to set up a little pre-school for me, and teach me all the basic things to do.
 
Read, write, talk, and all the rest of them.
 
* * *
 
About two years later.. I was about eight years-old, and already was starting to study about duel-monsters.
 
The Servants couldn't believe how terrifying my concentration was. For endless hours I spent studying the game, and master all its rules.
 
When the king found out about this, he wasn't sure what to do with me.
 
He actually had planned to send me away when I was old enough to take care of myself.
 
But of course, the note my parents had left said they wanted me to train here someday.
 
And that was when the king realized, I was the son of someone from long ago.
 
You see…
 
It turned out that this island was not only the place where they make the game, but it was also the home of an academy of Duel-monsters.
 
Where most kids came to become the greatest duelist in the world, and I was actually the son of their the greatest student the academy ever had.
 
So, even though he wasn't sure of adding me in, the King just had to make an exception.
 
* * *
 
And so… I entered the duel academy, and all my entrance examinations were phenomenal.
 
The way I dueled with the deck my father left me before he died, the trainer even surrendered to me.
 
It was my first time ever at playing the game for real, and I completely overpowered all who stood in my way.
 
Once I was in, I discovered there were three levels of duelists.
 
SLFER RED…
 
RA YELLOW…
 
AND OBELISK BLUE
 
 
All new entries like me, started out as a Slifer-Red, and got to wear one of those spiffy red jackets.
 
However, Slifers were the weakest of the lot, and which a lot of the other colors made fun of, especially the Obelisk Blues who were the strongest.
 
That wasn't the only thing I had to put up with.
 
The king had demanded that I have a private dorm, all to myself on the far side of the island.
 
I didn't really have a chance to make too many friends at the academy, But I didn't let that bother me.
 
I studied so much, that some of the other Slifers thought I was from outer-space. Which was another reason why I had no friends.
 
Never at all in my history at the duel academy did I ever get anything lower than a B-plus. It was straight A's all the way.
 
And eventually, my dueling itself led me wanting challenge the Obelisk-Blues, everyone laughed at me.
 
But Actually, the King saw this as an opportunity, to see just how far I had come in my skills.
 
He made me a deal to enter the upcoming tournament his daughter, Princess Sabrina was hosting.
 
If I could successfully end pass the elimination rounds, I would be promoted to Ra-Yellow.
 
Then if I was able to make it up to the Semi-finals, I would become an Obelisk-Blue.
 
However… if I was to emerge as the victor of the tournament, out of all the top Obelisk-Blues on the island…
 
Then… I would be known as the Number One Duelist on the entire Island, and… I did get that far.
 
I defeated every single Obelisk-Blue, and made it to the top, all because I studied, and believed in my father's deck.
 
The King was so amazed, that at the end of the year, I was invited with the other Obelisk-Blues to a Black-tie gala.
 
And he also gave me a rare opportunity, he allowed me to stay on the island and become a Teacher of duel-monsters, after I graduate.
 
And it was there…on that very night… I met her!
 
She was given a big fanfare as she walked down the stairs and the head of savants called her out.
 
“Her royal highness… and daughter of King-Monroe… Princess Sabrina!”
 
I looked up, and couldn't believe what I saw. The most Beautiful girl I had ever seen, about my age too.
 
She had long dark glossy green hair, and had two pure blue eyes that sparkled in the moonlight.
 
She wore a beautiful red silky dress, with matching red gloves. She even wore a tiara on her head, and had a pair of golden earrings on each ear.
 
I also noticed the Millennium-Necklace clung around her neck, as she slowly and gracefully walked down the stairs.
 
She announced in such a beautiful voice, for the party to begin, and a lot of boys kept walking up to her as if they expected her to stay with them.
 
See…Sabrina was the most beautiful girl on the island, and she graduated from the academy long ago.
 
And a lot of the boys on the island just wanted a piece of her because of her beauty.
 
But I already knew of Millennium-Necklace's power, and that's why she refused them all, she knew they couldn't make her happy.
 
However… when she walked up to the same table where I was gathering food, that's when we met face-to-face. Lost in each others eyes.
 
Even though we were both children, I knew I was in love, and the way she blushed and giggled when she stared at me, I could tell she felt the same way.
 
Though feeling rather shy, I reached out to her, and from that moment on… She and I had become completely inseparable!
 
* * *
 
Six years later, after my graduation I did take up the job as a teacher, but it was really so I could stay with my beloved Princess.
 
We both had grown into fine young teens, and Sabrina and I had become even closer than ever before.
 
She enflamed my passion for the world outside of the cards, and inspired me to become a poet, and she was my favorite subject.
 
Not only was able to write sweet loving poetry about her, but some them were even put into romantic songs.
 
* * *
 
-Sabrina, Princess Sabrina,
What are these strange enchantments that start whenever you're near?

-Sabrina, Princess Sabrina,
Why can't you whisper the wordsthatmy heart is longing to hear?


-Your magically, a beautiful mystery.
I'm certain of all I know, because you enthrall me so.

-Sabrina, Princess Sabrina,
Why don't you say, that you'll always stay, close to my heart.
 
* * *
 
We were so deeply in love…But at that point, fate intervened!
 
Her Father, King-Monroe had announced her time with me was to stop at once.
 
Even though I was the greatest teacher, and duelist on the island… I was but a Peasant… and she was Royalty.
 
Which meant her father could one day marry her off to any man he chose for her.
 
And her time to start thinking of Marriage had come, for King-Monroe made a law for her to be married by her 18th birthday in four years, and she was to have chosen a suitor by then.
 
A whole year passed by, and thousands of rich guys and princes from all came for her hand, but she had rejected them all.
 
Her heart belonged to me, and I when I heard her say to her father that I was indeed the only guy right for her.
 
That's when her father got angry, and had forbidden us to see each other ever again.
 
But as sneaky as we both were, Sabrina had managed to sneak out of the palace and meet me in a special place we had found and made our private sanctuary.
 
It was amazing she and I were able to get away with this, and it was then and there we decided… we were going to elope!
 
Sabrina had told me of how her mother died a long time ago and her father had never been the same since.
 
He was always angry, and stingy, and instead of asking Sabrina what she wanted, he told her what she wanted.
 
He hardly even allowed her outside of the palace, and just had the servants train her privately.
 
Her father also wanted her to one day take over the family business, after she was married, but she denied it.
 
She didn't really want to take over at all, she wanted to help other people and get a chance to be a part of the community around her.
 
She wanted to move off the island, and then go to med-school and become a doctor.
 
And there was nothing more that I wanted most than to help her achieve that goal.
 
And Sabrina felt so happy for us both, that she entrusted me to have her Millennium-Necklace, and I promised to take real good care of it.
 
* * *
 
The next night, we had planned to make our escape from the island, but when we got to the boat docks… her father was there waiting an ambush on us.
 
He refused to let his daughter marry up and go away with me, but before he could separate us. I challenged him to a duel.
 
He did accept, and he won… my very first defeat at the game ever.
 
After that, he tied me to yacht and cast me out a drift, unaware I had the Millennium-Necklace with me.
 
As I drifted out to sea I saw Sabrina reaching out over the sea crying out to me…
 
“Mykan!!!”
 
“SABRINAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!”
 
 
And That was the last time I ever saw her!