Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ TOTALLY SPIES: Dueling Dramas! ❯ The Dueling-Force. ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER NINE
 
 
The girls saw how sad I looked up there on the front of the boat, starring off into space.
 
“Mykan… how about we have a duel right now?” asked Sam.
 
“A duel… now?” I asked.
 
“Sure, it'll help us to prepare for the upcoming challenges ahead.” Said Alex.
 
“And it'll give you something else to think about.” Added Clover.
 
There was no arguing it, a good duel would help take my mind of Sabrina, and keep my spirit alive.
 
 
* * *
 
As expected, I one all three duels without using My Millennium-Necklace to cheat this time.
 
Poor Alex had it the hardest. She was the only one of the three who tried with all she had, but didn't even take away a single one of my life-points, and I was going easy on her too…
 
We looked at Alex's deck and saw it only had a balance of cards. 15 Magic cards, 15 Trap cards, and 15 Monster cards… totally 45 cards in all.
 
 
“Alex, all you have is cards that work on their own.” I said. “That's only depending more on luck than skills.”
 
“But, I have it all planned out.” Said Alex, “I'll weaken out my opponent, and then get my best beast to finish the duel.”
 
“Alex, even we know that the first rule is, Never to rely on the power of a single monster to win you the duel.” Said Clover.
 
 
For the remainder of the trip, we all helped Alex to reshape her deck so that she would have more strategies combined with power.
 
This way, her deck wouldn't exactly win her the duel. But it would increase her odds of winning.
 
* * *
 
A few days later, Clover was up on the steering deck when she saw it on the horizon. The island was coming before us.
 
“Whoa…land ahoy.” She said to herself. “There she blows, Land Ahoy… Shiver me timber!!” she cried out, we all giggled at the way she sounded.
 
“I always wanted to say that.”
 
 
 
“Is that really it?” asked Sam.
 
I nodded my head, “That's it alright, Duelist-Kingdom.” I said. “But I really remember the island to be much smaller… we may have to move more swiftly than I thought.”
 
 
We steered the ship over to a vacant spot on the other side of the island so as not to attract attention, and prepared to dock.
 
“Mykan… will these cards do the trick?” asked Alex.
 
 
SHEILD-and-SWORD …SHADOW-SPELL… BABY DRAGON…and a SLAMANDRA.” I said.
 
“This looks great Alex, combine these with your other cards and you'll have a very strong deck.”
 
“You really think so?” asked Alex.
 
“We know so.” Said Sam.
 
“Here Alex, add this to your deck.” I said offering her a TIME-WIZARD “It can be really helpful at times.”
 
“Gee, thanks a lot.”
 
* * *
 
As soon as the boat docked on the other side, it was time to disembark.
 
The Girls took out their Com-packs, and changed their outfits to fit the expedition better.
 
Looked a pilot on a Safari…
 
Sam looked like a mountain-climbing warrior…
 
Alex looked like a Ninja taking kendo lessons…
 
And I just wore my regular clothes, but with my Jacket just clipped around my neck like a small cape.
 
We slipped on our duel-disks, and disembarked the boat. There was no going back now.
 
“Ready?” I asked putting my hand in the center, and the girls each put their hand on top of mine.
 
“I'll set the ticket to wrap!” said Clover.
 
“We'll show that King who's the better one around here!” added Alex.
 
“We're with you all the way, Mykan!” said Sam.
 
We all gave a cheer and headed up the rocky slopes.
 
* * *
 
Lots of duelists from the academy, who were skipping school, saw us coming on the way up.
 
Many of them were Obelisk-Blues, and challenged me and the girls to duels… but not one of them succeeded.
 
Especially seeing as how once some of them realized who I was, they all ran away like cowardly lions.
 
* * *
 
Meanwhile, up in the castle…
 
Big old greedy King-Monroe was munching away on some gourmet cheese, sipping his wine, while reading his favorite comic books, when one of his servants came in.
 
“Begin you pardon, Sire.” He said.
 
The King turned and gave him a mean look, “I'm getting sick and tired of you always interrupting me!” he growled.
 
“A-Thousand apologies, Your-grace, but I thought you'd like to know. Some intruders have been spotted on the island.”
 
“One of which is… Professor Mykan!”
 
The King just growled, “Once again, you report to me something that I already know!!” he said.
 
The servant stood puzzled at how the King knew all this.
 
“I thought I got rid of that good-for-nothing kid for good.” The King grumbled, “If he thinks he can come here and take back my daughter, he's got another thing coming!”
 
“WELL WHAT ARE YOU JUST STANDING THERE FOR!?” he bellowed at his servant.
 
Bring forth… the Dueling Force!
 
* * *
 
A few minutes later… six young adults, about 19 to 21 approached the room, dressed in a different colored jacket or skirt.
 
“Heh…heh…heh! And here you are!” chuckled King-Monroe, as a wild music began to play, and each of the duelists did a dance pose and shouted out their Dueling names.
 
 
“LIGHT!!”
 
“WIND!!”
 
“PYRO!!”
 
“WATER!!”
 
“EARTH!!”
 
“DARK!!”
 
 
“WE ARE…!!!” they all cried, “…The DEULING-FORCE!!”
 
They each did one last dance pose, and the music faded out.
 
“Uh…yes…well…uh…terrific.” Said King Monroe. “Now listen up, we got ourselves some intruders on the island.”
 
“Make no mistake, they'll be coming here. I want you all to get straight to your gates, and not let them pass… IS THAT CLEAR!?”
 
The all stood up straight as if they were talking to a general and cried, “YES SIR!!!” and then they walked out of the room.
 
 
King-Monroe turned back to the computer screens, “Okay, kid… I'm ready for you now.” he said sinisterly.
 
“You have something I want, and I aim to take it.”
 
* * *
 
Meanwhile, It had already gotten Dark, and I lead the girls straight to my old abandoned dorm room where we to spend the night.
 
“Those boys were a real push over.” Said Clover, “Not to mention… hot cuties too.”
 
“Well make no mistake, Clover!” I said, “Those boys were only so easy because they lack their study times.”
 
“But the gate-keepers we aim to face tomorrow… it will almost be unthinkable that we can beat them.”
 
“But can't you just use your Millennium-Necklace to predict the moves before they happen?” asked Alex.
 
“Alex, that would be cheating!” said Sam.
 
“She has a point, Alex.” I said. “I normally only use the necklace to see if I can win the duels, but this time, I refuse to even do that.”
 
“It's just how I duel… with honor. You three will also experience that, even if you fail tomorrow.”
 
Clover yawned, “Well, one thing's for sure.” She said, “I'll need my beauty sleep for the duels tomorrow.”
 
“I'll second that.” Said Alex.
 
“I agree.” Said Sam, “We should all get some rest.”
 
The girls all changed into their night-outfits, and hit the hay on my massive bed in the corner.
 
But I didn't really turn in, I was too busy worrying. “Only two more days to go.” I cried.
 
“I may already be too late, but I will still try and save you Sabrina.”