Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ TOTALLY SPIES: Dueling Dramas! ❯ The Gate of Light... Part two ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER ELEVEN
 
 
SCORE: (Clover: 3550/ Ronald: 1800)
 
 
Ronald: “I have to admit, you have lasted longer than most people by far!”
 
 
(Draws)
 
 
“But I guarantee… you won't last much longer when I play this, The Continues Trap-Card… BAD REACTION TO SIMOCHI!!!”
 
“As long as this card remains on the field… if you try to raise your life points by any means… you'll just deduct them even further!”
 
 
Clover:“What… No way!
 
* * *
 
Alex: “Oh man… this can't be good!”
 
Mykan: “No it's not, and it can only get worse!”
 
“That card only makes it so Clover can't raise her life points, but not his!”
 
Sam: “But Clover still has the lead, she still can win this!”
 
* * *
 
Ronald:“Now then… I think I'll put this into play… SWORDS OF REVEALING LIGHT!!!”
 
“Now not only are all your monsters stuck for Three turns, all face-down monsters are flipped up!”
 
“Now, let's see what you got under that Face-down card!”
 
 
(Flips)
 
 
“A …GRIGGILE? Not a good card for you now!”
 
* * *
 
Sam: “Uh Oh, now Clover's in for it! Gririggle's Special ability gives Clover 3000 life-points at the start of her next turn!”
 
 
Alex: “But because that Trap card is still in play… Clover will only lose the life-points!”
 
* * *
 
Ronald: “I think I'll place this monster in Face-Down Defense and end my turn!”
 
“And don't forget your 3000 life-points!”
 
 
Clover: “Tell me what I don't know!”
 
 
SCORE: (Clover: 550/ Ronald: 1800)
 
 
Clover's thoughts:“Man, what am I going to do now?”
 
“I can't attack as long as these swords are in play, and the B.R.T.S Trap makes it so I can't increase my Life-points!”
 
“No…Clover… think positive… You can do this!”
 
 
 
(Draws)
 
 
Clover: “ Activate… CARD OF SANCTITIY… Now we both Draw until we have six cards in our hand!”
 
 
Ronald: “Fine then!”
 
 
(Both Draw Cards)
 
 
Clover: “Hey this could work!”
 
“I Sacrifice… GRIGGILE… and summon PATRICAIN OF DARKNESS!”
 
(Atk: 2000/ Def: 1400)
 
 
“And I'll also play a Card Face-Down as well… Back over to you!”
 
 
Ronald:“About time too!”
 
“I place one card Face down and reveal my face down Monster… SHADOW TAMER!!”
 
(Atk: 800/ Def: 700)
 
“And thanks to her Special-Ability… when she's flipped up, I can take control of one Fiend type monster you have on the field… Like your Skull!”
 
“Now, you can't attack me for 2 more turns, but I can attack you! Summoned Skull… attack the Flame-Wingman!!”
 
 
Clover: “Ha, nice try… but My Patrician Of Darkness has a Specialty too… One that allows me to redirect your attack… So I'll do it to him instead of Flame Wingman!”
 
 
“And to make it so I won't lose life-points… I activate the Trap-Card REINFORCEMENTS!!”
 
“Now Patrician gets an extra 500 attack points, and since he and my Skull are equal… they'll both be destroyed.”
 
 
Ronald: “Hmm… you lucked out… this time!”
 
 
* * *
 
Alex: “Whew…for a second I thought Clover was finished!”
 
Sam: “Well, she may have blocked him this time, but she's not out of the woods yet!”
 
* * *
 
 
Clover's Thoughts: “All I have left is my Flame Wingman, and he's no good if I can't attack!”
 
“Somehow… I have to find a way to break up these swords of revealing light.”
 
 
(Draws)
 
 
Clover's Thoughts:“DUST-TORNADO… ?”
 
 
Clover: “Huh?... HEE, HEE, HEE! Oh I just got this totally cool idea!”
 
 
Ronald: “What on Earth are you waiting for?! Hurry up and make your move!”
 
 
Clover:“With pleasure… starting with this card… DUST TORNADO!!”
 
 
“It destroys one Magic or Trap-Car on the field… and I choose your Swords of Revealing Light!”
 
 
* * *
 
Sam: “What? Clover should have destroyed B.R.T.S!”
 
Mykan: “Calm down, Sam! I'm sure Clover knows what she's doing!”
 
* * *
 
 
Clover: “Now for your Shadow-Tamer, she won't be in defense much longer, after I activate this… STOP-DEFENSE!!!”
 
 
Ronald: “Oh No!!”
 
 
Clover: “Oh yeah, man… That's what I'm talking about.”
 
“Now… I'll throw this baby down… BANNER OF COURAGE!!!”
 
 
Ronald: “What's that supposed to do?”
 
 
Clover:“Glad you asked… as long as this card is in play… whenever my monsters attack… they get 200 more attack points!”
 
 
“Now…FLAME WINGMAN… ATTACK HIS SHADOW TAMER NOW!!!”
 
(Atk: 2300)………..(Atk: 800)
 
 
SCORE:(Clover: 550/ Ronald: 300)
 
 
Ronald:“On my next turn you'll pay for that!”
 
 
Clover: “Uh…there is no next turn… I've won already!”
 
“See… Flame Wingman has a super power… when he destroys a monster in Atk mode… you take damage equal to your monster's attack points.
 
 
FINAL SCORE:(Clover: 550/ Ronald: 0000)
 
 
Clover: “That's Game!!”
 
* * *
 
 
The holograms disappeared, and Clover, and Ronald retrieved their projectors, and folded up their disks.
 
Clover ran over to us and exchanged victory hugs with Sam and Alex. “Clover that was totally awesome!” cried Alex.
 
“You go girl!” added Sam.
 
 
I shot her a smile for a job well done.
 
 
“You have won!” said Ronald, “And as promised, you may proceed!” then he clapped his hands, and the yellow gate behind him opened wide.
 
“Go forth… but be warned. Once you cross through here and the gate closes from behind, there will be no turning back!”
 
 
Despite the odds of what lied on ahead for us, the girls and I walked through the gate, and it closed once we were through.
 
 
“Good work, Clover.” I said. “You did do very well, but be warned, that was just the beginning!”
 
The girls all sweat dropped, “You mean… all the other guardians will be just as tough as he was?” asked Alex.
 
“No… they will be even tougher!” I answered.
 
“This duel against Ronald was just a warm up for what's in store for us… and since I can't really use my Millennium-Necklace to predict the outcomes… you'll all just have to keep dueling at your bests.”
 
The Girls nodded. “We'll always go forward even in hopeless times” said Clover.
 
“We trust in our decks.” Added Sam.
 
“And believe that we can and will win!” said Alex.
 
I smiled, “Good girls… just stick to what you've learned, and you'll be champion duelists in no time at all!”
 
* * *
 
It was still pretty much early in the morning… but even if we didn't stop for a rest, that still didn't give us much time.
 
King-Monroe planned to marry Sabrina off to anyone he chose the next day, and if I wanted to get to her in time… we had to hurry.
 
 
We walked through a forest following the path on the ground, until finally we cam to a big green gate with a different symbol on it!
 
And there to greet us was a 21 year-old girl wearing a green wind-breaker outfit.
 
“I am, Jasmine… keeper of the Gate of Wind.” She said. “You must beat me in a duel to pass through the gate.”
 
“Who will face me?”
 
 
Since Clover already had a turn, Sam decided to go next. “I'll face you.” She said.
 
“Very well.” Said Jasmine, “Prepare your deck!”
 
They shuffled… launched the projectors… life-points set to 8000… “LET'S DUEL!!!”