Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ TOTALLY SPIES: Dueling Dramas Season 2 ❯ Sam VS Smart stuff: Part One ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's notes:
 
Hi everyone… enjoying the duels?
 
I have a special announcement to make.
 
By request, and by given permission, one of my reviewers had asked me if I could add a character for her especially for this chapter.
 
And so I have done it.
 
So note this, Just like my Mykan character, this character is fictional only, and is not real, not even the name is real, so I `m not breaking any rules.
 
Enjoy.
 
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
 
 
The night sure went by fast, and it was tine for the second round of the tournament to begin. We had to be careful though, as the duelists left were bound to be much stronger.
 
Plus, Sabrina and I had to be on our strictest guard, for we hadn't forgotten about Marik and Ishizu's servant with the God Card was out there somewhere just waiting to find us.
 
Still we all had to keep our cool, and not let the pressure get to us. So we all dressed, ate a quick breakfast, and it was back outside for more dueling action.
 
Sam only needed one more key fragment to enter the castle, but who should she duel next was the question.
 
She was thinking about it so much, that she didn't realize where she was going and accidentally bumped right into someone. “Oh, sorry about that.” Sam said.
 
“I'm sorry too.” Said the young girl, but when their eyes met.
 
“Sam?”
 
“R.C?”
 
That's right… Sam knew this girl from way back in elementary school. Her full name was Renee Charlotte Kiliks, but people just called her R.C for short.
 
Both of them were smart students in the school, only R.C was the smart kind who got picked on the most and taunted at just because of her intelligence.
 
Sam was the only one to actually accept her for what she really was.
 
The girls got a coffee together, and caught up a bit with each other. Not only was R.C amazed to hear that Sam was one of the world Champion duelists in America, but it also turned out that R.C was a college champion of the state.
 
She said that she had devised an extremely smart deck which made it so she hardly ever had to actually attack in duel at all.
 
“That's amazing.” Sam said. Then suddenly she got an idea. “Hey, how about you and I duel?”
 
“You against me?” R.C said. “Well I'm not sure, I do already have three key fragments.”
 
Sam just showed R.C her own key fragments. “Join the club then.”
 
R.C was amazed. “We each have three fragments, and we both each possess the missing part we require.” She said, and seeing as how they were both champions, “Very well Sam… it will be an honor to duel against you my old friend.”
 
“Likewise.” Sam said.
 
Once they finished their coffees the prepared for the big showdown. “Whoever wins this duel advances on to the castle and the finals.” R.C said. “Good luck Sam.”
 
“You too R.C.”
 
The disks were prepared… projectors launched… decks shuffled… six cards drawn… and life points set to 8000.
 
“LET'S DUEL!!”
 
 
SCORE: (Sam: 8000 / R.C: 8000)
 
R.C: “First move honors are mine, and I'll first play, GRACEFUL CHARITY so I can discard two cards, and then draw three.
 
R.C's thoughts: “Discarding this monster will prove to be useful.”
 
R.C: “Now I'll summon one monster face-down in defense mode, and end my turn.”
 
Sam: “All right then, here goes. I summon 7 COLORED FISH in attack mode”
 
(Atk: 1800/ Def: 800)
 
“Attack her face-down monster. RAINBOW RAGING STRIKE!”
 
(Atk: 1800) VS (Def: 1200)
 
R.C: “When you sent THE THING IN THE CRATER to the graveyard, it's special ability let's me summon another Pyro-type monster from my hand, and I choose FIRE PRINCESS in defense mode.”
 
(Atk: 1300 / Def: 1500)
 
“Plus, I'll also summon SOLAR FLARE DRAGON in attack mode!”
 
(Atk: 1500 / Def: 1000)
 
“Now I'll place one card Face-down, and end my turn. Oh, and by the way… Solar Flare's special ability causes you to lose 500 life points every time my turn ends.”
 
SCORE: (Sam: 7500 / R.C: 8000)
 
Sam: “Pretty nice come back R.C, but it's my turn now.”
 
(Draws)
 
“I'll also put a card face-down and I'll summon STAR BOY!”
 
(Atk: 550 / Def: 500)
 
“As long as he's out on the field, All Water-type monsters gain 500 extra attack points, while all Fire-types lose 400.”
 
R.C: “GRR!”
 
Solar Flare Dragon… (Atk: 1100)
 
Fire Princess… (Atk: 800)
 
7 Colored Fish… (Atk: 2300)
 
Star Boy… (Atk: 1050)
 
“Now, 7 Colored Fish… Attack Solar Flare Dragon!!”
 
(Attack fails)
 
“Hey! What happened? My attack's not working.”
 
R.C: “That's because Solar Flare Dragon has another special ability. As long as there's another Pyro monster on my side of the field, Solar Flare can't be destroyed in battle at all.”
 
“So you just wasted a good attack, Sam.”
 
Sam: “Oh well then… I'll just have to attack your Fire Princess then. Star Boy go and attack!”
 
R.C: “Oh no you don't! I activate the trap card, SAKARATSU ARMOR! It activates whenever you try and attack and automatically destroys your attacking monster.”
 
(Star Boy destroyed)
 
“And without your Star in play, your power bonus is gone. Now all of our monster are back to the way they were before.”
 
Solar Flare Dragon… (Atk: 1500)
 
Fire Princess… (Atk: 1300)
 
7 Colored Fish… (Atk: 1800)
 
Sam's thoughts: “She's right, our monsters attack powers have gone back to normal.”
 
R.C: “Now it's my turn…”
 
(Draws)
 
“But I think you should take a good look at the scores first.”
 
SCORE: (Sam: 7000 / R.C: 8200)
 
Sam: “Hey! How did my life points just go down, and yours increase?”
 
R.C: “Hmm, mm, mm. Elementary Sam, and that I shall explain.”
 
“When I played Graceful Charity, one of the two cards I threw away was a monster called MARIE THE FALLEN ONE.”
 
“And thanks to her special ability, as long as she remains in my graveyard I'll gain 200 life points at the start of my every turn.”
 
“But that's not all. My Fire Princess's special ability, every time my life points increase, yours will decrease by 500. Bet you didn't see that one coming.”
 
Sam's thoughts: “Whoa… that is clever. Her Marie is in the graveyard where I can't get to it too, so her life points can just keep increase while mine continue to go down.”
 
R.C: “Now… I'll put this into play… the Continuous-Spell-card… DARK ROOM OF NIGHTMARE. Now every time I damage your life points other than attack them, you'll lose 300 more life points.”
 
Sam: “Ah!”
 
R.C: “And I'll also summon, MYSTERIOUS PUPPETEER in Defense mode.”
 
(Atk: 1000 / Def: 1500)
 
“Oh, and F.Y.I… as long as he sticks around, my life points will go up by 500 every time you or I summon a monster to the field.”
 
Sam: “GRR!!”
 
“Now I'll put one card face down, and end my turn, by letting Solar Flare Dragon take another 500 life points from your score, which makes you lose another 300 thanks to my magic card.”
 
SCORE: (Sam: 6200 / R.C: 8000)
 
Sam's thoughts: “Oh no… I'm really in a mess now. It doesn't seem to matter what I do, her life points will keep on increasing while mine keep on going down.”
 
R.C: “I told you I rarely need to attack, Sam. Thanks to my full proof strategy, I have the upper-hand. You can kiss the tournament finals goodbye. Ha, ha, ha, ah, ah, ah!! Ah, ha, ha, ah, ah, ah!!”
 
TO BE CONTINUED