Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ TOTALLY SPIES: Dueling Dramas Season 2 ❯ Mykan VS Slifer: Part Two ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER NINTEEN
 
Clover and Sam joined Sabrina by the sidelines.
 
“Mykan, you have to keep on going.” cried Clover. “We've seen you duel your ways out of tough situations like this before.”
 
“It's not that simple.” I said casting my stare back to the ground. “It just keeps growing stronger, and all my attacks are useless.”
 
“Awe, quit bellyaching already!” came another voice. We all turned and Saw Mandy coming up to the sidelines.
 
“Mandy… what are you doing here?!” snapped Sam.
 
“And more importantly, who even invited you?” Clover mumbled under her breath.
 
“Get up off your feet, Mykan.” Mandy snapped.
 
“Since when do you bow to your opponents? Or maybe your not the great teach I thought you were when you flunked me last year.”
 
“Now stand up and prove your worthy of your title and take out that Egyptian God Card.”
 
“And once you learn how to defeat it…I'll defeat you and take it from you and the card will be in my collection.” she said in her thoughts.
 
I hated to admit it to myself, but Mandy was right. I could never forget what made me world champion duelist and great teacher in the first place.
 
Plus, I knew that if I didn't win this duel… I wouldn't just be letting down my daughter, Erica, but my beautiful wife, whom without I would be lost… “Sabrina.”
 
She looked up to me and smiled. “You can do it Mykan… I know you can.”
 
Looking into those beautiful blue eyes of hers gave me the spark I needed to rise up to my feet. “I will defeat her… and I will get us out this.” I growled. “Ishizu… it's over!!”
 
The Goth Girl Ishizu was controlling just snorted. “Ha! My Egyptian God Card is unstoppable.” Then she cast her eye at the sidelines. “Ahh… and you, Mandy, will be our next victim.”
 
All of us… including Mandy looked confused. “What… Why me? What did I ever do to you?” she asked.
 
“It's what you have that we want.” replied Ishizu. “Once my brother and I are finished dealing with Mykan and Sabrina… we're coming after your Egyptian God Card… OBELISK THE TORMENTOR!!”
 
None of us could believe those words, but it was true. “Mandy? You have an Egyptian God Card in your deck?!” Clover asked all scared.
 
Mandy just smirked. “You bet I do, and once I get the other two in this tournament, I'll have all three of them in my deck and then I'll be number one in the world instead of you losers.” She sniggered with her trademark laugh.
 
“A task that you will never accomplish… Fool!” growled Ishizu.
 
“Last time I checked this duel was still on.” I said. “So… let us continue!”
 
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 6600 / I/GG: 8450)
 
Mykan's thoughts: “I have to figure out how to beat her Egyptian God Card, but it has 8000 attack points. None of my monsters even come close to that. I'll have to try something else.”
 
(Draws)
 
“Hmm… this could help me later on.”
 
Mykan: “I place one card face-down… and I summon BIG SHIELD GUARDNA in defense mode.”
 
(Atk: 100 / Def: 2600)
 
I/GG: “Don't tell me you've forgotten that summoning a new monster to the field activates Slifer's second mouth.”
 
Mykan: “I haven't forgotten… which is why I played a monster with a very strong defense.”
 
(Slifer attacks)
 
(Atk: 100 / Def: 600)
 
Clover: “Whoa… check it out, Mykan's monster barely survived that attack.”
 
I/GG: “Your Big Shield has been cut down to size, and now my Egyptian God Card will wipe out the last thing that stands between you and defeat.”
 
“First I'll draw one card, which increases my life points by another 500 thanks to my Solemn Wishes Trap card.”
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 6600 / I/GG: 8950)
 
“But rather than keep it in my hand, I'll play it at once. RECKLESS GREED… Now I can draw two more cards, and gain another thousand life points.
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 6600 / I/GG: 9950)
 
“And as you know… Slifer the Sky Dragon gets 1000 attack points for every card in my hand. I count, `Ten' so Slifer has a grand total of 10,000 attack points. Ha, ha, ha, ha!!”
 
(Atk: 10,000)
 
Mandy: “Ten-thousand attack points?! But that's already more than three-times the attack power of my Blue-Eyes White-Dragon.”
 
Sam: “And it's only going to get even stronger. Mykan's opponent has Infinite Cards in play which allows her to hold as many cards as she wants.”
 
Clover: “And thanks to that trap, Solemn wishes, her life points will go up every time she draws. So there's not limit to how strong her dragon gets, or how many life points she has.”
 
Mandy's thoughts: “Wait a minute. There is… Silfer's power depends on how many cards the duelist has in their entire deck, and while the monster may seem untouchable…”
 
“Hmm… I think I just found out how to beat that monster, but let's see if Mykan has half the brains to figure it out.”
 
I/GG: “You are all out of defenses, Mykan. So on my next attack my Egyptian God Card will annihilate you once and for all. It's undefeatable”
 
Mykan's thoughts: “I can't let Ishizu win… but I've never faced anything so powerful before… and even her life points are already climbing so high that I'll never get them down to zero.”
 
“And they'll only go higher, and her Dragon's power will grow with every card she draws!”
 
Mykan: “Ah… yes! Of course! Why didn't I see it before?”
 
I/GG: “Hmm?”
 
Mykan: “It's quite simple. I can't win this duel just by defending myself, but since all my monsters are too weak to attack then I will use your own Egyptian God Card to destroy you, Ishizu.”
 
Sabrina's thoughts: “What's Mykan talking about? I really don't think there's any way that Dragon can be controlled.”
 
I/GG: “Didn't I explain to you before that Egyptian God Monsters cannot be controlled. They're simply much too powerful!”
 
Mykan: “We'll see… or maybe you and Marik haven't learned as much about the Egyptian God Cards as you think you have.”
 
I/GG: “How dare you challenge our knowledge of the ancient studies! Marik and I know all!”
 
Mykan: “We'll see about that… now it's my turn!”
 
Mykan's thoughts: “If I don't draw the right card… it'll all be over. Come on Heart of the cards… guide me.”
 
(Draws)
 
Mykan: “Yes… I have it!”
 
I/GG: “What is it?”
 
Mykan: “the card I need that will take you down once and for all.”
 
Mandy's thoughts: “Hmm… this I have got to see. Someone's about to lose this duel.”
 
Mykan: “I reveal my Face-down card… DARK MAGICAL CURTAIN. Now by giving up half of my life points, I can summon my all powerful DARK MAGICIAN!”
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 3300 / I/GG: 9950)
 
(Ak: 2500 / Def: 2100)
 
I/GG: “What good will brining out that monster do. Even it's defenses are no match for my all powerful Egyptian God Monster.”
 
Mykan: “It isn't defending me… I summoned it to the field in attack mode.”
 
Clover: “Has Mykan lost it? If his Magician's in attack mode, that Dragon won't just crush it, but it'll wipe Mykan out.”
 
Sabrina's thoughts: “No… Mykan has a plan… I know he does.”
 
I/GG: “Mykan… feel free to surrender and forfeit this match, because there is honestly now way that you can win at this rate, or have you forgotten about the seven-card combination hat makes me completely indestructible?”
 
“First, there's my CARD OF SAFE RETURNS, whenever a monster is special summoned to the field I may draw another three cards from my dueling deck.”
 
“Since you special summoned your Dark Magician, that means I may draw three cards now.”
 
Mykan: “Yes… and the more cards you have, the stronger your Dragon becomes.”
 
I/GG: “Not only that… but thanks to SOLEMN WISHES Trap, I'll gain 500 extra life points for every card.”
 
(Draws three)
 
“That boosts my life points by another 1500, and gives Slifer the Sky Dragon a grand total of Thirteen-thousand attack points. Ha, ha, ha!!”
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 3300 / I/GG: 14,950)
 
(Atk: 13,000)
 
Clover: “Thirteen-thousand… that's just totally nuts!!”
 
Sam: “That's not all, but she has almost 15,000 life points too. How's Mykan ever going to bring her down at that score.”
 
I/GG: “Now… don't forget that by summoning a monster to the field activates Slifer's second mouth.”
 
Mykan: “My Dark Magician is strong enough to survive your attack.”
 
(Slifer attacks)
 
(Ak: 500 / Def: 2100)
 
“Now I shall place one card face-down, and end my turn.”
 
I/GG: “Hmm, mm, mm. Very well then. Now Mykan, the time has come for me to end your marriage and force you to take my hand.”
 
“I draw one card to increase my life points, and bring Slifer's power up by another thousand points.”
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 3300 / I/GG: 15,450)
 
(Atk: 14,000)
 
I/GG: “And now… Slifer… wipe out his Dark Magician now! You're time is up Mykan!”
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 3300 / I/GG: 15,450)
 
I/GG: “Say farewell to your precious Sabrina, and come to me! Slifer, attack and destroy his Magician!”
 
(Atk: 14,000) VS (Atk: 500)
 
Mykan: “Hold on Ishizu… activate face-down card… ENCHANTED JAVELIN!! This trap card activates whenever you attack one of my monsters, and instead raises my life point by your monsters attack power.”
 
I/GG: “AAH!! OH, NO!!”
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 18,750 / I/GG: 15,450)
 
Sam: “Whoa… check it out! Mykan just took one awesome power boost.”
 
Clover: “Man… I don't ever want anything to come that close ever again.”
 
Mykan: “I knew you wouldn't be able to risk attack my weakened Magician, Ishizu. So I set a trap for your Egyptian God Monster to increase my life points. I'm still in this duel.”
 
I/GG: “Hmm… you lucked out this time, but rest assured that on my next my Egyptian God Card will wipe you out for certain.”
 
Mykan: “I'm afraid there won't be a next turn.”
 
(Draws)
 
“This next card combo will win me this duel and put and end to your so-called indestructible Dragon.”
 
I/GG: “Just make your move!”
 
Mykan: “As you wish… I will leave my Dark Magician in attack mode, and since you monster's second mouth effect lasts only one turn, his attack has gone back to normal.”
 
(Atk: 2500)
 
“And now I shall play this card first … TRIBUTE TO THE DOOMED! Now by discarding one card from my hand to the graveyard I can destroy one monster on your side of the field.”
 
Sam: “I think I get it. Mykan must be planning to use it to send the Dragon away, but I still think Slifer's way to strong to be crushed that easily.”
 
I/GG: “It's not quite that simple. I'm sorry Mykan, but as I told you before… All Magic Cards are completely in affective against Egyptian God Monsters.”
 
“And now you'll pay the price for making such a foolish mistake!”
 
Mykan: “Not really. Who told you I was targeting your Dragon?”
 
I/GG: “You're not?”
 
Mykan: “No Ishizu… there's another monster on your field, and I'll destroy it. The magic of my card will destroy your Revival Jam, and because I'm destroying it by magic rather than battle, you can' bring it back.”
 
I/GG: “GRR!!”
 
Mykan: “I on the other hand can bring it back, but I'll put one other card into play… and then activate MONSTER REBORN! Now return to me Revival Jam, in defense mode.”
 
(Def: 500)
 
I/GG: “What can you possibly do with Revival Jam monster? It can't hurt my dragon so it's of no use to you.”
 
Mykan: “That may be true, but don't forget that Revival Jam was just special summoned now. So Draw three more cards from your deck.”
 
I/GG: “I will… which shall raised my life points by 1500, and Slifer's attack by another 3000 giving him Seventeen-thousand attack points.”
 
(Draws three)
 
(Atk: 17,000)
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 18,750 / I/GG: 13,950)
 
“Ugh?! What's this… why did my life points go down? They were supposed to rise up by 1500.”
 
Mykan: “Ishizu… you were so busy that you forgot to see what the other card was I put into play… the continuous-trap BAD REACTION TO SIMOCHI!”
 
“This trap negates the effects of you trying to raise your life points, and reverses it. So instead of raising your life points you only lowered them.”
 
I/GG: “It still makes no difference to me, because now that your turn has ended, I will be able obliterate your magician and finally make you mine.”
 
“Now Slifer… ready… Aim…!!”
 
Mykan: “Just a minute Ishizu…”
 
“Doesn't your Sky Dragon's special ability make it so it's second mouth has to attack any new monster that is summoned on my side of the field?”
 
I/GG: “Ah?!”
 
Mykan: “Which means before you can destroy me, your dragon must first attack the Revival Jam I stole from you.”
 
(Slifer attacks)
 
“You know what happens now, don't you?”
 
I/GG: “You pay 1000 life points… and Revival Jam… revives itself.”
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 17,750 / I/GG: 13,950)
 
(Revival Jam returns)
 
Mykan: “And with your Card of Safe Returns still in play, whenever a monster is revived, you must draw three more cards from your deck.”
 
“Then you would normally receive 500 life points with your Solemn wishes card, but with my Simochi card still in play those life points only get deducted from your score.”
 
(Draws)
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 17,750 / I/GG: 12,450)
 
“And I think you know what happens now.”
 
Clover: “Look… Slifer's attacking again.”
 
Sam: “Guys… I think Mykan just made his comeback.”
 
Ishizu's thoughts: “This cannot be… Whenever Revival Jam reappears on the field my dragon will automatically attack it.”
 
(Slifer attacks)
 
“And because Mykan is in control of Revival Jam… he can make it revive itself on his side of the field.”
 
(Jam revives)
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 16,750 / I/GG: 12,450)
 
“Then that makes me draw three new cards… and his Trap card causes me to lose life points instead of gaining them.”
 
“Worse than that… this turn has not yet come to an end, and therefore my Life Absorbing Machine card cannot give me back half the life points I lost.”
 
(Draws three)
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 16,750 / I/GG: 10,950)
 
“Then my dragon will attack and the same thing happens all over again. Each event triggers the next in a never ending cycle.”
 
“My Dragon attacks… Revival Jam reforms… I draw cards, and lose life points.”
 
(Slifer attacks)
 
(Jam revives)
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 15,750 / I/GG: 10,950)
 
(Draws three)
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 15,750 / I/GG: 9450)
 
(Slifer attacks)
 
(Jam revives)
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 14,750 / I/GG: 9450)
 
(Draws three)
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 14,750 / I/GG: 7950)
 
“My Egyptian God Card will continue to grow stronger with each cycle as I draw more cards, but it doesn't matter because I'M TRAPPED!!”
 
Ishizu herself: “AH?!?! THERE'S NO WAY OUT!!”
 
Mykan: “That's right, Ishizu. Either your life points drop down to zero, or you run out of cards to draw… but either way, you are official going to lose this duel!”
 
I/GG: “No!! This can't be happening!!”
 
(Drops her cards everywhere.)
 
(Slifer attacks)
 
(Jam revives)
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 13,750 / I/GG: 7950)
 
(Draws three)
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 13,750 / I/GG: 6450)
 
Mykan: “As powerful as you Egyptian God card is; no monster is without weakness, and the Sky Dragon's flaw lies with it's second mouth attack… and even though it may seem untouchable… your life points are not.”
 
(Slifer attacks)
 
(Jam revives)
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 12,750 / I/GG: 6450)
 
(Draws three)
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 12,750 / I/GG: 4950)
 
Ishizu's thoughts: “I have no control over my Egyptian God Monster.”
 
(Slifer attacks)
 
(Jam revives)
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 11,750 / I/GG: 4950)
 
(Draws three)
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 11,750 / I/GG: 3450)
 
(Slifer attacks)
 
(Jam revives)
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 10,750 / I/GG: 3450)
 
(Draws three)
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 10,750 / I/GG: 1950)
 
 
“As long as Mykan continues on this little path… my dragon will keep attack Revival Jam… Revival Jam will continue regenerate… and mind-slave will keep drawing cards as my life points keep depleting until… UNTIL--”
 
(Slifer attacks)
 
(Jam revives)
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 9750 / I/GG: 1950)
 
(Draws three)
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 9750 / I/GG: 450)
 
(Slifer attacks)
 
(Jam revives)
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 8750 / I/GG: 450)
 
(Draws three)
 
FINAL SCORE: (Mykan: 8750 / I/GG: “0000”)
 
(No more cards to draw)
 
“… NO!!!”
 
Mykan: “I turned your own monster against you… causing you to use up all the cards in you deck and reduce your life points to zero.”
 
I/GG: “No. Ugh.”
 
(Falls to her knees)
 
Mykan: “That means I win. It's over!”
 
 
Marik couldn't believe his eyes. “Sister! You… you have lost.” he cried.
 
Ishizu scowled the biggest scowl she had ever scowled. “It cannot be!!” she bellowed as she ruffled and pulled angrily on her long dark hair. “How could I lose with an Egyptian God Card in the my deck?!”
 
“You will pay for this Mykan. I will have you yet.”
 
“You may have defeated Slifer… but remember that we hold another Egyptian God Card, a much more powerful one.
 
Marik nodded in agreement. “You haven't heard the lasts of us Mykan and Sabrina… we will be back yet!!”