Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ TOTALLY SPIES: Dueling Dramas Season 2 ❯ Mighty Max ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's notes:
 
Only one more duel to go and then it's onto the finals.
 
As for who Alex's opponent is based off of… Well… I'll give you all two guesses, but you're only going to need One.
 
He's back… and newly reformed!
 
CHAPTER TWENTY
 
As soon as the images faded, the Goth Girl fell out-cold, and when she awoke she hadn't the foggiest of what she was doing there.
 
“What happened?” she asked to herself. “Hey! This isn't my deck.” She then remember she left it at the food stands, and ran off leaving all the cards she used behind.
 
Sabrina ran over to me and jumped into my arms. “You did it!” she cried. “You did it, Mykan!”
 
Sam and Clover came over and gave me some friendly noogies. “Way to go Mykan.” Cried Sam.
 
“Ow! You're bad! You're mean!” added Clover.
 
I smiled and then looked down at my prize. Not only did I win the last key fragment to let me into the castle, but I also won Ishizu's Egyptian God Card, and this time I couldn't just not accept it.
 
That card was dangerous in the wrong hands, so I decided to finally take it. Slifer the Sky Dragon was now a part of my deck.
 
“I must be very careful with this.” I said.
 
Mandy hopped down from the sidelines and approached me. “Mykan…” she said. “Get ready to duel me.”
 
My expressions suddenly changed. “Why should I duel you?”
 
“Because, as if you didn't already know… You have something I want, and I'm going get it.” replied Mandy. “I never forgot the way you flunked me out of your course when you were in Beverley Hills.”
 
(Relays back to the first story)
 
Mandy was still as rude, and thoughtless as ever.
 
Although she did pass the written portion of my class, she didn't have any respect for the heart of the cards at all, and that I knew could not be tolerated.
 
Mandy thoughtlessly challenged me to one final duel before Spring Break and my time as a Sub-teacher expired… unaware that I was one of the worlds top notched duelists.
 
The gamble and concept of the duel was if Mandy lost… which she did… then I'd grade her with an “F” and take her rarest card.
 
Since Mandy lost it all, that meant that Sam, Clover, and Alex were the number one students in the class, and after our little adventure, they became the best duelists in all America.
 
 
“Because of you and these pathetic losers, I've been made into a laughing stock, but now that can all change.”
 
“You already know that I have an Egyptian God Card, and you have another one. Once I beat you and take it, I'll only need to find the last one… then I will be totally unbeatable.”
 
“I'll be the number one duelist in the world!”
 
Clover and Sam exchanged looks of sarcasm, but as for me. “Mandy… I will not duel you!” I snapped. “Not this moment, anyways.”
 
Mandy then realized I was right. We didn't have to duel now. We both had fully assembled keys to get to the finals. So Mandy decided to duel me there, and get her revenge.
 
Annoyed as we were having to walk the whole way to the castle with Mandy, we were all grateful that we had won a place in the finals, but suddenly… halfway across we realized something.
 
“Wait a minute!” Clover cried and we all stopped in our tracks. “Where's Alex?”
 
“We thought she was with you.” said Sabrina.
 
“Well we have to find her.” cried Sam. “We just can't go off to the castle without her.”
 
“Hang on… I'll try and find her.” I said.
 
Now that the duel was over, Marik and Ishizu weren't blocking my power. So I tapped into the Millennium Necklace and searched all over the island… suddenly, there she was.
 
I could see her… she was right by the stairs, leading to the castle on the mountain in the center of the island.
 
But she was being blocked by a gang of punk-duelists and being forced into a match with their leader, where if she lost, they'd get all her cards and her three key fragments.
 
I opened my eyes. “She's in trouble!”
 
“Where is she?” asked Sam.
 
“She's by the castle. She's been forced into a duel.” I replied. “Let's go!!” and we all sprinted off, including Mandy.
 
“Nobody invited you, so why are you coming?” snarled Clover.
 
“Ah! Puh-lease… you didn't think I was going miss this would you.” Mandy Answered. “Maybe I'll get lucky and Alex won't make it!” she mumbled under her breath.
 
It didn't matter to me whether or not she came. The most important thing was getting to Alex in time and in hopping we could stop the duel, as those other punks weren't being fair.
 
But by the time we finally came into view… the disks were prepared… Projectors launched… cards shuffled and six drawn… and life points set to 8000.
 
“ALEX!!” I called.
 
She looked up. “Mykan.”
 
Her opponent also looked up and met with my eyes. “Well… if ain't dweeb, Mykan.” He said in a real punk voice. “You and I got a little score to settle with.”
 
Now I remembered were I saw this guy before. “I remember you… You're, Mighty Max!” (Not to be confused with the other Mighty Maxcharacter, but he would be dressed similar to You-Know-who.)
 
Sam gasped at that name. “Hey I know that guy too.” she said. “He's the Intercontinental Champion from the world series of dueling, five years ago.”
 
“That's right.” I said. “In his entire dueling career, he only lost one duel monsters game… and that one... was to me!”
 
“No joke.” Snarled Max, “And ever since that defeat you gave… I've been left out of things, kicked out of clubs. Nothing but bad luck for five long years.”
 
His sunglasses shimmered… “But now I'm back and ready to take you down again, and I think dueling this little twerp here will give me a good warm up.”
 
“No way, pal!” snapped Clover. “No way, Alex is going to be dueling against a no-good sneak like you.”
 
“Uh? Reality check here, Blondie.” said Max. “When the life points are set, the only way out of this duel is by forfeit. Then all her key fragments will belong to me, as well as all the cards n her puny little deck.”
 
Sabrina and Sam struggled to hold Clover back. “Let me at him… let me at him!!” she cried. “No one makes fun of my hair and lives!”
 
She broke free, but Max then ordered two of his goons to push her down hard. “Clover!” cried Alex. At that moment, her eyes flared red.
 
“Okay that's it! You can force me into a duel… you can make threats that don't mean a thing… but when you push my friends around… YOU CROSSED THE LINE!!”
 
“Go for it Alex.” said Sam. “Kick his butt.”
 
“You can do it Alex.” I said. “You're not one of the best students I ever had for nothing.”
 
Alex smiled. “Thanks guys, I needed that.” She said. Then she turned to face Max.
 
“LET'S DUEL!!” they both shouted and the match was on.