Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ TOTALLY SPIES: Dueling Dramas Season 2 ❯ Onto the Finals ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
 
“Alright Max…” snapped Alex. “Now I won the match, so let me and the others through right now!”
 
“Well, you're not going past me!” protested Max. “Get `em boys.” and his goons tried to charge us all, but of course they didn't realize that both he girls and I knew Martial arts.
 
They went down like dominoes, and now Max was really steamed. “No one's entering that castle expect me, Mighty Max!!” he roared as he flexed his fists, but as he charged towards us, his body began to glow.
 
“Whoa… what's goin' on. I can't move!!” he cried. Then we saw why, Marik and Ishizu's images appeared again, only they weren't really speaking through Max this time.
 
“You will never enter our castle.” Marik snapped. “You ought to be disqualified right here at once fro your wicked ways.”
 
The girls didn't understand, until as much as it pained me, I agreed with Marik and Ishizu. “I saw the whole thing myself, too.” I said. “Max is nothing but a thief, and a cheater.”
 
Ishizu nodded. “We did not invite this duelist or his allies into our tournament.” she said. “With our Millennium Items, we had discovered that they got into our tournament by stealing the key fragments of other duelists.”
 
Alex was disgusted. “Why you good for nothing Snake!!” she scolded.
 
“Those big cheats!!” added Sabrina. “No wonder they should be disqualified.”
 
I nodded my head. “But that's not the only thing they ought to be kicked out for.” I said. “I take it both Marik and Ishizu are well aware of the improper conduct Max did during the match.”
 
“Is that so, Max?” asked Alex.
 
Max growled angrily.
 
“It is true.” replied Marik. “While his Barrel Dragon was in play, Max used a coin with tales on both ends, ensuring he could never miss a call.”
 
“Whoa… talk about dirty dealer!” Clover sneered.
 
“But that is not all.” said Ishizu, “Max also kept his set of 7 Completed cards beneath his wristband. This way he could power up his Machine monsters whenever he wished.”
 
“Whoa, Max… that is just plain sick!”
 
“We have no need for cheaters in our tournament!!” Marik hissed. “Now BEGONE!!!”
 
Mari and Ishizu used their powers to lift up Max and his goons high into the air and fling them far away out to see. “NO!! Nobody makes a monkey out of Might Max… NOBODY!!!”
 
Then they were gone.
 
Marik and Ishizu's images then began applauding. “Our deepest congratulations to all of you.” Marik said. “You have all dueled admirably, and deserve all the more to enter out castle.”
 
“Indeed… you may.” added Ishizu “Simply make your way up the steps to the front door, and insert your keys into the lock. A gentle twist and the door will open and you will have access to the main foyer.”
 
“We look forward to your arrival.” They both said, and then they vanished.
 
None of us however had anything to smile about. We each had our own little reason for entering the finals.
 
Sabrina and I were entering to save our baby-daughter.
 
The spies needed the tournament's prize money to help their father's, as well as capture Marik and Ishizu and bring them to WOOHP justice.
 
And Mandy… well… she was just in the tournament for herself. She wanted to become number one, and have it known worldwide.
 
Still we all walked up the stairs, and I inserted my own key into the door, gave it a gentle turn, and the door opened. “Okay, were' in.” I said. “Let's go.”
 
The girls just left their keys in a basket beside the door, granting them access as well. That made six duelists, and only two more were yet to join us.
 
Even though those two duelists were not present, as we entered the foyer of the castle, we found that we were still outside. “Uh, what gives with this?” Clover asked. “Isn't there supposed some dueling arena for us?”
 
“All your questions will be answered.” came another voice in the area. We all looked up and saw a man in a suit coming down a flight of steps to greet us.
 
(Note… this next character's background has been altered for good reason)
 
“Greetings duelists… I am Odion. Chief tournament liaison.” He said. “On behalf of Marik and Ishizu Ishtar, I welcome you all to the starting point of the tournament finals.”
 
“This is where the six of you, plus two others who shall be along shortly, shall face off in an all out battle royal to claim the Fifteen-Million dollar prize, and receive the title of number one in the world.”
 
“And F.Y.I… that's going to be me.” Mandy snorted. The rest of us were not amused.
 
“Ahem… to continue…” replied Odion. “As much as this will be a surprise to you, but this is not the location of where the finals will take place.”
 
We all gasped. “It isn't?” Sam asked. “Then where are we supposed to be going?”
 
Odion clapped his hands, and the large doors atop the steps he came from opened wide revealing a beautiful airship the size of a blimp.
 
The girls couldn't believe their eyes. “Ah?! Look at the size of that thing.” Clover said.
 
Odion nodded. “The duels will be held as we soar up to five-thousand feet over the ocean.” He said and then he reached into his suit and handed us each a small keycard… he gave Sabrina and I one that opened the same room.
 
“These keycards will grant you access to special suites our hosts have provided for you, with all the natural refinements and luxuries imaginable.”
 
“Suite is right.” Clover said, “I can't wait to check it out.”
 
Odion lead us all to the boarding platform, and we were due to take off a soon as the final two duelists had arrived.
 
As the girls stepped onto the ship. “Well, well, well… imagine seeing you three here.” came a familiar voice to the girls.
 
They looked around. “David?” they all squealed in excitement.
 
It was him all right. The same Davis from school, the girls used to fight over because he was so hot.
 
“What are you doing here?” asked Alex. “We didn't know you were a duelist too.”
 
Davis rubbed the back of his hair. “Heh, heh… I didn't know I had it in me either.” He said. “Strangely, I don't know what's going on. It's like I've been winning m duels without even knowing it.”
 
 
The girls thought that to be a bit odd, but still David was in the finals, and right after everyone got on the ship… the eighth and final duelists had arrived.
 
He was dressed in a black ninja outfit from head-to-toe, with a black ski-mask over his face. Hiding all but his eyes.
 
“Oh, my…” he said in an English accent. “Would I happen to be at the right place?” he asked Odion. “Indeed you are.” He answered. “Here is your guest pass… and welcome aboard.
 
“Why thank you.” said the stranger, and as he walked down the hallway of the ship he thought to himself. “The girls had better be prepared. This promises to test them to the limits of their skills.”
 
Finally, Odion himself got on the ship, and then the hatch closed and up it went into the evening sky.
 
While at the very top of the sky ship, Marik and Ishizu stood there looking out to see. “The finals have begun, Sister.” Marik said. “Victory is assured.”
 
Ishizu nodded. “Mykan and Sabrina have boarded this vessel, and had better enjoy their marriage while they still have each other because in the end it will us whom they marry.”
 
Marik agreed. “Once we have them in our grasp, all that we remain is to gain our glory.” He said. “Already one of my personal mind-slaves is aboard this ship and doing my bidding though he has no clue of it.”
 
“If all goes according to plan, I crush both Mykan, and Mandy with Winged Dragon of Ra, and strip them of Obelisk the Tormenter, and Slifer the Sky Dragon.”
 
Ishizu sniggered under her breath. “Hmm, mm, mm. We will be unstoppable.” she hissed. “The most powerful people in the entire world.”
 
Both She and Marik laughed Maniacally, and then decided to adjourn to the to the main lounge and greet their guests at a huge dinner feat that was about to be served.
 
 
The dinner was ever so delicious. So many different foods, and Clover just wanted scoff it all down at once.
 
“Give me some more of that cheesey thing… and some of that pork-chop.” She spoke with her mouth full.
 
“If this was an eating contest, you'd be the winner for sure.” Sam joked.
 
Alex however hardly ate anything, and when we asked why, she told us what had just come to realize. All five of us were in the finals. “That's means we're going to have to duel each other.” she said.
 
She was right about that. After all we went through working as a team, we would have to have to be facing each other, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.
 
“I know how you feel Alex.” I said. “But it's not really as bad as you think.”
 
Sam nodded. “We may have to duel each other, but just think of the odds.” She said. “There are five of us against three other duelists, and that more than doubles our chances of winning the grand prize.”
 
Alex realized that was true.
 
“And don't forget… it's doesn't matter which of us win. It's what we're fighting for that matters.” said Sabrina. “You girls need that prize money to help your fathers, and Mykan and I just want to get our daughter back.”
 
Clover nodded. “Yeah… so it doesn't matter which of us win, as long as at least one of us wins, then we all win everything.” she said.
 
“For sure.” David said. “So at least the one things we can all look forward to is an honorable match, and see who's better prepared to take on the finals.”
 
Mandy just snorted, “Oh, please… if anyone's going to win, that's going to be me, and once I get a-hold of all the Egyptian God Cards, I'll be number one in the world.” she laughed with her trademark snicker.
 
We all just ignored her and concentrated on more important things. Like, who was going to face who? Would Marik and Ishizu be as honorable in their words as they say?
 
And what about that Mystery Duelist in the ski-mask. Who was he? Well, I was able to use my Millennium Necklace and see who it was, but I decided to wait and see how long it would take the girls to find out who he was.
 
As we continued to eat through dinner, Odion came in to greet us. “May I have your attention please.” he said. “It is time to determine the duelists who will face off in first half of the finals.”
 
He held out to us eight cards that we each were to pick. Each card had a number on it, and the numbers and duelists were corresponded as follows:
 
Me, myself…“1”
 
Clover…“2”
 
David…“3”
 
Sam…“4”
 
Mandy… “5”
 
Sabrina…“6”
 
Alex… “7”
 
And the Mystery Duelist… “8”
 
Odion then activated a computer screen. “Now that you have all selected your numbers please place the cards into these slots.” he said.
 
We all did as we were told, and then there was a lot of beeping and buzzing going on. “The computer will now randomly shuffle the numbers, and pair to duelists against each other automatically.”
 
The computer finally finished and the results were…
 
2-3… 4-7… 5-8… and 1-6.
 
This meant that Clover would be against David… Sam against Alex… Mandy against the Mystery Duliest… and finally…
 
Sabrina and I couldn't believe our eyes. “No.”
 
“It can't be.”
 
Sam, Clover and Alex looked even more shocked than we were. “I must duel Mykan?” Sabrina asked.
 
“I knew it would probably have to come to this.” I thought. “But at least it's safe to know one of us will advance.”
 
“The duels are set.” said Odion as photos began to appear on the board. “Clover VS David… Samantha VS Alexandra… Mandy VS-- Uh?… whoever you are.”
 
The Mystery Duelist nodded. “It's quite alright.” He said in his English accent.
 
“And finally… Professor Mykan VS Princess Sabrina.” replied Odion. “The first four duels are scheduled for tomorrow, at 8 am sharp.”
 
“Please enjoy the rest of the big feast… because starting tomorrow, for four of you… your long journey will end in failure.”
 
He bowed and excused himself from the gala.
 
Meanwhile
 
In their private suite… Marik and Ishizu were pleased with themselves. Everything had gone according to plan. “With Mykan pitted against Sabrina, there's no way out for one of them this time.” Marik chuckled.
 
Ishizu nodded. “No matter which of them wins, the other will have no choice but to divorce the other.” she said softly. Then she gazed over at Erica, sleeping in her playpen.
 
“Still, brother… you do realize that with only one of them defeated the other is still free to carry on the marriage.”
 
“I am well aware of this, Ishizu.” Said Marik. “All the more reason that boy, Davis shall play a vital role in our plans.”
 
The reason that David had been feeling pretty weird lately, and unaware of how he won his duels was because of Marik.
 
Marik had entered David in the tournament on his behalf. So it was actually Marik who was also a contestant, and the rules did not go against entering on behalves.
 
Marik been taking over David's mind with his Millennium Rod and used him throughout the tournament, by sneaking a wild load of rare and powerful cards he possessed, and now for the finals he planned to give him one very special card to use the next day.
 
Later on
 
The duelists and I had decided to turn in.
 
The spies were going through their entire decks to see what type of strategies they could use.
 
Mandy was fast asleep, and snoring loudly. Good thing there was no one to hear her. She was just so absolutely confident that she would win.
 
While Sabrina was having a hard time getting to sleep in our shared bed.
 
“Sabrina… you should get so rest.” I said. “You're going to need your strength for the duels tomorrow.”
 
But Sabrina just looked as though she was going to cry. “I don't think I can duel tomorrow.” she said softly. “I just don't think I can bring myself to face against you.”
 
I knew what she meant by that, because we had a feeling Marik and Ishizu were going to ensure it that whichever of us lost our duel tomorrow, the loser would be forced to sign divorce papers.
 
“Sabrina… that may not happen.” I said. “Think about it… we both me have to face each other, but at least one of us will get to duel in the finals.”
 
She realized that was true, and we both also knew, that unless we both signed the divorce papers, which would not happen unless we both were defeated, our marriage would never be broken.
 
“And don't forget… I still have Slifer the Sky Dragon in my deck, and we both have the heart of the cards on our sides, and so do the spies. They agreed that were all in on this, so at least the odds are in our favor.”
 
“Don't worry… I have a feeling everything's going to be all right.”
 
Sabrina smiled and looked into my eyes. “I wish I had your confidence.” she said softly. We came together for a soft kiss before snuggling under the covers, and off to sleep.
 
Little did we know we were being watched…
 
Ishizu and Marik were spying on everyone, and did Ishizu ever look jealous and angry. “That rotten little tramp.” she snarled. “That should be I who is in there with Mykan. The baby in this pen should be my child with Mykan.”
 
“Calm yourself Ishizu.” Marik said. “Soon Mykan will be yours and Sabrina shall be mine.”
 
Just then, there was a knock at the door, and in walked David. He didn't quite seem to be himself. His eyes were glowing red, and the Millennium Item Symbol was shining on his forehead.
 
“Ah… you have arrived.” Marik said. David remained silent as he was under the hypnosis. Marik held out a very special card to David.
 
“This card shall ensure us that we emerge victorious.” he thought to himself. “Tomorrow, promises to be quite a day. Hmm, mm , mm!”
 
The Next Morning
 
We all woke up and ate breakfast from the foods that were in the refrigerators in our rooms. Then we heard Odion over the P.A.
 
“Attention all duelists… please prepare to the elevators in the gala and proceed to the top of the ship. Those who are not present shall be disqualified.”
 
We all marched out of our rooms like soldiers preparing for war, and we all met up at the elevators. “Is everyone ready?” I asked.
 
The spies nodded their heads and Sabrina pecked my cheek. “Good luck to us all.” she said.
 
Mandy just ignored us. And got into the elevator with the Mystery Duelist, whoever he was, and Alex.
 
While Sabrina, Clover, Sam, and I used the other one. “Hey, has anybody seen David?” Clover asked.
 
“You know I don't think he ever returned to his room last night.” said Sam. “I'm starting to think that something doesn't feel quite right.”
 
Sabrina and I wondered what it could be too, but unfortunately, Marik and Ishizu were disabling my Necklace now, and I could sense anything.
 
Still we all got off at the top of the ship, outside with the fresh smell of the morning breeze, and a giant dueling arena laid before us. It even had it's own set of projectors so we didn't have to use the ones from our duel disks.
 
Odion was there to greet us. He was standing near two huge chairs perched atop a small stage at the opposite end of the arena. “And now… you host, and hostess… Marik and Ishizu Ishtar.”
 
Marik and Ishizu smiled as they took their seats, and another one of their men wheeled Erica out in her play pen.
 
“Erica.” Sabrina muttered under breath.
 
“Welcome duelists.” Marik said. “These are the tournament finals where you shall put your dueling skills to the ultimate test.”
 
Ishizu nodded. “Only one of you shall emerge victorious over the others, and claim the 15-millon dollar prize and be ranked Number-One in the world.”
 
“So shuffle your decks, and prepare your strategies. You truly are the best of the best.”
 
With those final words it was time to begin.