Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ TOTALLY SPIES: Dueling Dramas Season 2 ❯ You're invited ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOUR
 
Spies house, 7:00 am…
 
Sam and Alex had been taking turns all night watching over Clover. Eventually she woke up, but she was still down in the dumps about losing her rarest card to the sleaze-ball, whoever he was.
 
Sam and Alex both decided to get the mail together to give Clover some time alone. “Gee, I've never seen her so bummed before.” said Alex.
 
“Well, I wouldn't blame her.” said Sam. “Remember she just lost a card that meant a lot to her, and meant a lot to us as well.”
 
Sam and Alex also had Spy-girl cards that resembled them. I designed them myself and asked King Monroe to mass produce them.
 
They were the only one s in the entire world and I made them as a thank you gift for the girls when they helped me get back together with Sabrina. If they had lost their cards, they guessed that they would also feel pretty low.
 
They opened the mailbox and realized it had three identical large envelopes inside them, each addressed to Clover, Alex and Sam.
 
“What do you think these are?” asked Alex. “I don't know… it doesn't have a return address.” said Sam.
 
“Well… if it isn't two of the terrible trio.” called a voice they wished they hadn't heard.
 
“Back off, Mandy!” snapped Sam. “We're not in the mood right now for any of your shenanigans.”
 
Mandy gave them her trademark snigger. “Oh really… for a bunch of sore losers I guess you know what it feels like to have your butts kicked.”
 
“How did you know Clover just lost a duel.” Alex asked, but then she realized what she just said. “I mean… uh… oops.”
 
“So… Clover finally lost one eh.” Mandy sniggered. “Well… I guess now the tables have turned, and I'll soon be the greatest.”
 
“Fat chance of that Mandy.” said Sam, “You forget, we can still duel. and second, you couldn't even duel your way out of cereal box.”
 
Mandy gasped in realizing they were right in a way. She had always challenged the girls, even before they had those Spy-cards, and she still got creamed every time.
Mandy just grunted and walked back home.
 
“I guess we showed her.” said Alex, and they walked back to the house.
 
Once inside, the showed they gave clover her envelope and they all opened them up together. All three of them seemed to contain the same thing.
 
A piece of something metal and shiny.. Possibly a large key. That and an invitation to a duel-monsters tournament.
 
The instructions said that the next day, a ferry would be taking them to an island where they duels would be held, and they must present the invitation as they board.
 
“Hey, it says here, that the first prize is 15-Million dollars.” Alex said all excited.
Clover felt a little better already. “Can you just imagine what we can buy with all that stuff?” she giggled.
 
But suddenly, her words reminded them of their dads losing their jobs and in less than three weeks, they'd be saying goodbye to each other unless a miracle happened.
 
“Maybe a miracle has happened.” said Alex. “Maybe we can enter the tournament and if we win, we split the money three ways.”
 
Clover agreed to that. “5-million bucks would be enough for our dads to start their own businesses.” she said. “We could use the money so we won't have to say so long to each other.”
 
The more they spoke about this, the more greater things would see to be, until Sam had to cut in with the wet stuff.
 
“Aren't you guys forgetting something?” she asked. “We have a mission to focus on, we don't have time to enter any tournament. Even if it can help us out.”
 
Clover and Alex's hopes were turned to stone…
 
“Besides… how do we know if we're really ready to enter some elite tournament.” replied Sam. “We may be good and all, but how do we know if we're that good?”
 
Clover and Alex knew she was right on that one… and it was their that their stoned hopes shattered.
 
Then they noted that there was more readings on the invitation. A warning to be exact, for anyone who wished to enter, there was one rule they thought was a bit much.
 
The loser of each duel, must hand over their rarest card to the winner.”
Clover already lost her Red Spy-Girl and she was just dueling so weirdo in a cape, but to lose more cards… so not an option.
 
“I guess you're right, Sammy.” said Clover, “But at least we can think about it.”
 
“Oh, totally.” said Sam. “Look… if it looks like we may have no choice… if, and after we do our mission, just maybe we'll consider it.”
 
Just then, the Ex-powder rang. Sam got it out, and there was Jerry's image. “Jer… what's happening?” she asked.
 
I think you all had better come over immediately.” Jerry said. “We have some news about that man you fought, and it might be able to help us in this mission.”
 
“Uh, couldn't you just tell us what is over the Ex-com?” asked Clover.
Sorry Clover, but this really important.” Jerry said, and he pressed a switch and the girls fell through the floor.
 
Meanwhile
 
Mandy was going through all the cards she ever got, and she had more than enough to make at least twenty different kinds of decks, but she wasn't pleased.
 
“Of all the losing duelists I whooped, I can't beat those three NOBODY'S NEXT-DOOR!!” she pounded her hands on the floor and sulked.
 
Just then, there was a knock at the door. It was her mother, Phoebe. “Mandy… get your act together.” she said deeply. “I've gotten you something that'll get your dueling act together.”
 
Phoebe had gone out to sign Mandy up for the upcoming Duel-Monsters tournament. Mandy did refuse but her mother made it so her Shopping, Dating, and Phone privileges depended on it.
 
“If anyone's going to be the best duelist in the world, that's going to be you.” said Phoebe, “And I also got you this that I bought from the shop.”
 
She handed Mandy a very strange looking card. That had a paper with some writing on it of what it was, what it could do, and that there as more to it than meets the eye.
 
Mandy suddenly realized that with this card, not only could she crush Clover, Sam, and Alex, but if she was able to get her hand on cards just like it, according to the instructions…
 
“I'll be invincible.” Mandy chuckled with her trademark laugh.
 
Author's notes:
 
Yes… if any of you are wondering…Mandy does have OBELISK THE TORMENTER.
 
I think you already know where the other two cards are, and just the heads up… I know everything… EVERY SINGLE THING… there is to know about the God monsters and their powers.
 
If one of them gets dueling, this'll be a good chance you all to learn something cool.
 
When the girls returned to Jerry's office, they were surprised to see both Sabrina and I there, and then horrified to learn about what happened.
 
“They… kidnapped her?!” cried Clover. “That… that is just… AH!”
Since I swore allegiance to Jerry about helping him keep WOOHP'S secrets safe, I contacted him and when he told me about what happened to the girls, it was time I spilled the beans.
 
“You know who's behind all this?” asked Sam.
 
“We both know actually.” I said. “Sabrina and I got an invitation just like you did after Erica was stolen, and we know who did this, and who attacked all the major companies.”
 
I began to tell them another story about my life at duel academy…
 
Two Ra-Yellow students… Marik Ishtar, and his older sister Ishizu… both orphaned as children, but were left with enough money to enroll themselves at the school.
 
They were some of the top notch duelists in all the academy, and excellent grades in their studies of the ancient ways and the history of duel monsters.
 
They would've both made great Obelisk blues if they hadn't changed, or had been expelled.
 
They were great duelists, and really had great potentials… but both of them were in love. Ishizu was in love with me, and Marik was in love with Sabrina.
 
During some exam-duels, before Sabrina and I fell in love, and when I was still a Slifer-Red… we faced each other in the exams and we won.
 
It was the closest of matches anyone had fought, but we won them. Ishizu and Marik fell for us because all their lives they had been looking for Duelists who could give them the challenges they sought, and who were straight-A's like them.
 
But unfortunately, as fate would have it… by the time they had summed up all the courage to come out and tell us how they felt was the time I had become the greatest student on the island, and Sabrina and I began to get close.
 
Ishizu and Marik felt their lives beginning to die out before they had even begun. Ishizu was more than determined to have me, so she began stalking after me and forcing me into duels in which if I failed I became hers.
 
But not only had I clobbered her several times over, after enough of her stalking and trying to force me to dump Sabrina, I took out a student restraining order against her.
Sabrina had also grown weary of Marik interfering whenever she and I had alone-time together, and she restrained against him as well.
 
Both Ishizu and Marik were not to come within 50 feet of us, and as much as they tried to move on and forget about us, the pull of their love for us was too strong.
So they began to form a posse and a new habit in card collecting. They called themselves,
RARE HUNTERS… who were some of the most notorious duelists you'd ever meet.
 
They specialized in rare, and very powerful cards that they would sell on the black market for high prices… but they would keep the mightiest ones for themselves and build supper-powerful decks.
 
Ishizu and Marik had also changed… their determination to break me and Sabrina up had become one of the biggest gossips on the island.
Ishizu and Marik began to terrorizing the students and forcing them to hand over their cards if they failed at duels.
 
Unfortunately, there was nothing much that could be done. If they challenged a duelist then that was legal, but sneaking around after hours, and sometimes taking cards by force was not.
 
Finally, they broke their restraining orders against us, not once but several times over, but luckily for us, and they got caught in a trap.
 
As punishment, they were forced to Duel Sabrina and I for the fate of being expelled from the island, and they did lose and were banished from duel academy forever.
 
“Now it seems that they've established w whole Rare Hunter empire, but how they were able to obtain this much power is beyond me.”
 
The girls wiped their brows. “Totally freaky.” said Clover.
 
Sabrina almost looked as though she was ready to cry again. “Now they've got our little girl.” she cried. “And who knows what they're doing to her.”
I held my wife close. “Shh-shh… easy honey, easy.”
“Those rotten rats.” growled Alex, “But what could they want by attacking all the major companies in the world?”
 
I told them that our best guess was both revenge on King Monroe for expelling them. They planned to gain so much money they could overrun him from his company and they'd be the next greatest card-makers in the world.
 
The other reason was probably more obvious than how to open a book.
 
“They could be at this to try and break Sabrina and I up again.” I said. “By stealing Erica away, they must plan to lure us to the island and blackmail us into dueling them so they can officially break us up and force us to marry them.”
This was disastrous. Two freaks were trying to ruin a happy family, and break up the companies of the world.
 
This tournament that Ishizu and Marik were having was sounding more and more non-optional in attending, and it looked as though the girls would be going after all.
 
“Now, we all have to make a decision.” I said. “None of you have to go if you don't want to, but just realize what's on the line here.”
 
Everyone, even Sabrina already knew what was at stake. Erica's life, the girls having to say goodbye to each other if their dads had no jobs, and worse… all the companies in the world would be in jeopardy.
 
“It doesn't matter what you decide.” I replied, “I'm going to go no matter what, and save my little girl from these two psychos.”
 
“Again, you can all come if you want to. I have great confidence in your dueling skills, and think about what's on the line.”
 
“Anybody want to say no to this.”
 
Jerry nodded his head. “I really think you should do this girls.” He said. “It is after all the very target of your mission after all.”
 
Sam spoke first. “Ever since we met… I haven't let you done once before, either as a duelist or a student, and I'm not staring now.”
 
“I'm there.”
 
Sabrina agreed to go too. “Darling… if you're going to save our daughter, I'm not letting do this alone.” she said. “You can count on me.”
 
Alex looked me dead in the eyes and nodded her head. “I'm with you.”
Finally it was down to Clover, and we didn't even have to ask. “Of course I'm in.” she said. “I'll make those creeps pay for taking the card you gave me.”
 
“Okay then.” I said. “We go.”
Jerry smiled at the way we were all acting. “The bond of true friendship. Is there anything stronger?”
 
Spies house, 10:25 pm
 
The girls tried to sleep, but it was just no good. Tomorrow evening they'd be off to the most remote of places to duel in a tournament where the stakes were so extreme… words could not explain it well enough.
 
Sure they were considered to be some of the top ranked players in all the world, and for good reason.
 
They had entered tournaments before, and emerged victorious every time. Even some of the best duelists from all over town had challenged them before. The matches were close, but they still won.
 
But those were all just for-fun things, or just typical silliness. It was nothing at all of what they had to face now.
 
Their father's jobs… Them having to leave Beverly Hills… My little baby daughter, and my marriage to Sabrina… and all the companies in the world.
 
Talk about what's on the line?! All this was even worse than when the girls had to help me get Sabrina back before it was too late, and to think that was all just a year ago.
 
The girls just lay awake in their rooms sorting through their decks… which they had stacked up with new cards that King Monroe had sent them for the tournament grantee to help them against the duels… but still, the excitement, the danger that was coming…
 
Who could possibly sleep with all that? It all made nightmares seem like a walk through the park to handle.
 
Clover of course was one of us who had it as the hardest.
 
Sabrina and her father offered to make Clover another Red Spy-Girl… but Clover refused. Clover kept the one she lost to her heart… I gave it to her as a sign of true friendship, and she kept it in her deck to honor everything we went through.
 
She loved that card, and kept it with so much respect, she only wanted to have it and no other like it. It really was a one of a kind card, and she wanted to keep it that way.
 
Truly the power of a true and honest duelist thinking with her heart her mind and soul all at the same level.
 
There's a lot at stake here… but I'm going to get my Spy-Girl back, and I'm not backing down until we win this through.”
Sam was on her computer, studying every trick and strategy in the duel monsters so she'd know what to do with her newly stacked deck, and she too was thinking hard and big.
 
We need that prize money to save our dads jobs… and we need to win to complete the mission, and save Baby-Erica. It's going to be tough, but I know we can pull through.”
 
Alex was in the kitchen having a snack to help her fall asleep, and if you thought she wasn't thinking like the others… guess again!
 
I remember… I had a tough time getting through the last time I had to duel this hard.”
Her mind trailed back to when I was her teacher in college and how she struggled to be one of the top students.
 
Then it came to dueling some of the toughest players in the world, in doing so, she won a
Red-Eyes Black Dragon… a monster she truly adored and favored.
 
I'm a whole new duelist now, and I'm going to give it all I got in this tournament to help Mykan, our dads, and the world. So look out Marik and Ishizu… Alex is coming your way.”
 
The Next Day...
 
Today was the big day, and to the girls it almost never seemed to end, with all the stress and excitement they kept picturing, but now it was almost dark, and time to leave for the docks.
 
The girls got on new outfits from the Ex-powders; Outfits different than the ones they wore when they helped me duel my way to Sabrina.
 
Clover was dressed like… (Mai Valentine from Battle-City)
 
Sam was dressed like… (Joey with the Green Jacket)
 
And Alex was dressed like a Chinese street-fighter.
 
They got out their old Duel-disks, which still worked, and loaded their newly stacked decks, and prepared to head to the boat docks.
 
“Ready girls?” Sam asked.
 
Clover and Alex nodded.
 
“We'll show those guys!” Alex said.
 
“We're back in the game, and we plan to win!” added Clover.
 
And they were off.
 
Beverly Hill's docks, 6:00 pm
 
There a ferry was already boarding the duelists invited from around, and there were already more than 200 hundred of them.
 
Some from Beverly Hills, some from other nations told to come to that location. After all, the islands everyone would heading to was uncharted, and only the ferry could take them.
 
The girls looked around. “Where are they?” Clover asked impatiently, “I can't wait to get onto that luxury ship and check out all the hot spots.”
 
“Girls… Over here.” I called to them from in and over the crowd. The girls walked over to meet me and Sabrina. We both also had chosen special outfits for this dueling tournament.
 
Sabrina was wearing her favorite dueling outfit. A Shiny-red Leotard, with long black boots. (What she wears in the Saffron gym in Pokemon.)
 
And I was wearing an all grey outfit. Thick-Grey track-suit… light grey vests, and Grey and black boots. (What Yugi wore for Dungeon Dice Monsters) and I still had the Millennium Necklace around my neck without covering it up this time.
 
We both had our duel-disks and our decks ready.
 
“You girls ready for this.”
 
“Totally.” Said Clover.
 
“Let's do it.” Added Sam.
 
“We're with you.” said Alex.
 
“All right… let's go.” said Sabrina, and she and I lead the girls up onto the ship. We all showed the captain our dueling invitations and our key fragments… Whatever they were for.
 
And it wasn't too much longer before the boat cast off over the sea, and would be arriving at it's destination tomorrow morning.
 
So… there wasn't much now stopping us. We were on our way racing directly into the lion's den. We'd either come out victorious… or broken up with consequences that would totally ruin our lives forever.
 
But even though we all were confident in our dueling skills, how would it turn out for sure? How did we really know if we would be able to pull it off?
 
Only time would tell us.
 
 
King Monroe was staying behind on duel academy island to watch out if any goons tried to take over, but did pay for big suite for Sabrina, myself and the girls.
 
The room was split into two sides by a wall with a door in it. The rooms had all the natural things.
 
Cozy Chairs… comfy beds, a great view of the nighttime sky, even a set of small refrigerators with drinks and foods.
 
There was no point in just hanging around in the room, so we all went off to check out the ship.
 
Sam was already talking with different duelists who were going on about how exciting the tournament would… but only Sam knew what the tournament was really promising.
 
Clover on the other was trying to flirt with the hot dueling boys, but as was probably guessed, all the boys could talk about was dueling, dueling and more dueling, and the rest weren't even interested in her.
 
But Clover wouldn't give up.
 
Alex was enjoying the all-you-can eat buffet, because sometimes when she go t nervous, she got an appetite the size of the ship.
 
She even ate seven pork chops, and two whole milkshakes without even going to the bathroom once.
 
On the side of the ship, I was standing by the railing of the ship embracing my wife in my arms… she seemed awfully worried about Erica.
 
“Oh, Mykan… do you really think we can save her?” she asked.
 
“I don't think… I know we will.” I said. “I've been dueling a lot longer than most people have… and I have never… NEVER lost a duel I have fought when the stakes were high.”
 
“And by my parent's souls… I will not let Ishizu and Marik get away with this. We will get our daughter back.”
 
Sabrina looked up at me, “You really think so?”
 
“We know so.” came a voice from behind. Clover Sam and Alex came from around the corner.
 
“We promised to help you all the way through, and we're keeping it.” Alex said.
 
“We helped you two get back together, and we won't let our help stop coming there.” added Sam.
 
“I'd give up seeing cute boys for the rest of the year if it meant helping you two out again… and I don't say that a lot.” Clover said.
 
I smiled and Sabrina wiped at tear from her eye. “Thanks a lot girls.” I said. “I won't ever forget you for this.”
 
“Awe… don't mention it.” Clover said.
 
“Yeah really don't mention it.” Came the sound of a voice all of us really hoped we hadn't just heard.
 
We all turned around and there was Mandy. “What the heck are you doing here?!” Clover asked.
 
“Funny, I could ask you losers the same thing.” Replied Mandy, “I hope your not planning to win the tournament, because that title's going to me, you hear!”
 
“Yeah… in your dreams, Mandy.” said Sam. “You've dueled against us like a billon times already and you haven't won a single match.”
 
“Really… well that's all going to change, because I've got something special waiting for you in this little deck of mine, but don't think I'll tell you.” Mandy sniggered with her trademark.
 
“Yeah! What if I force it out of you first!!” Clover growled, and she would have lunged for her if Sam and Sabrina hadn't held her back. “Let me at her… Let me at her!!”
 
“Save it Clover.” I said, “She's not worth the time she says she is.”
 
Mandy looked as thought I struck a nerve. “And what would you know about that… teach!” she grunted.
 
“Mandy… of all the students I ever had, you were the absolute worst of them all!” I said sharply. “All you dueled for was power and glory… and never before respected the heart of the cards.”
 
“Uh yeah… lets not go through that snot again.” said Mandy. “Once I win… the so-called Heart of the cards won't matter anymore.”
 
“That's enough Mandy!” growled Sam. “Now get out of sights and save your tactics for the dueling. We'll be ready for whatever you can pull out of your hat.”
 
“Humph… we'll see about that. Later losers!”
 
Sabrina really felt glad she was gone. “I would so hate it if she were born a Princess.” she said. “But that girl sure is rude.”
 
“Tell us about it.” Alex said, “We have to deal with that crummy attitude of hers everyday.”
 
I really hated it when Mandy spat in the face of the Heart of the cards; disgracing the best motive for trusting in your deck and helping you to win matches when all hope seemed lost.
 
“Hey. Just what do think Mandy meant when she said she had some special weapon she could use against us?” asked Sam.
 
“Heh… she's probably bluffing.” Clover said. “Mandy couldn't get a card to stand up to us even if she cleaned out every store in town.”
 
We all decided just to give it a rest and head off to bed. There would be a lot of things to do in morning.
 
There was still so much of the tournament we had yet to know about. Like…
 
-Why were we coming out to some far away uncharted island to duel?
-What the heck were the key fragments we had for?
 
And most importantly… -How were Marik and Ishizu doing all this; where did they get the power from?
 
Meanwhile
 
Marik and Ishizu were watching us on the ship through Ishizu's Millennium-Ring. “They are on their way my brother.” she said. “It seems all is going according to plan.”
Marik nodded and then turned in his chair to face their servants. “You all know what to do?” he asked.
 
“Yes Master.” They all said.
These men were not Rare-Hunter duelists. They were in fact, Bellhops, cooks, and house servicing, and they all walked off to prepare things for the arrival of the duelists coming to the island.
 
Marik then turned back to face a map of the whole island. “Our other minions are placed throughout the island, ready to aid us in our needs.”
 
His sister nodded. “They will not only be able to search for the missing card we require… but should Mykan or Sabrina come their way…” she sniggered. “Soon their marriage will end and Mykan will be free to be with me, and Sabrina with you my brother.”
 
“Finally we will have everything that was meant to be ours, and the world will finally be sorry for ever having rejected us in our ways.” Marik said.