Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ TOTALLY SPIES: Dueling Dramas Season 2 ❯ The Battle Royal ( Chapter 35 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 4000…Mandy: 4000… Marik: 4000… Alex: 4000)
 
Mandy: “Let's get this party started. I summon VORSE RAIDER in attack mode.”
 
(Atk: 1900/ Def: 1200)
 
Marik: “Ha… is that the best you can do, young lady? Well, I summon NEWDORIA in defense mode.”
 
(Atk: 1200/ Def: 800)
 
Marik's thoughts: “Now let's see if which of these fools are desperate enough to fall into my trap.”
 
Mykan's thoughts: “Why did Marik summon such a weak monster? He must be up to something. I'll have to play it safe for now.”
 
(Gazes at Alex)
 
Alex: (Nods): “Go for it, Mykan.”
 
Mykan (Nods: “All right… I place one card face-down, and I summon BIG SHIELD GARDNA in Defense mode.”
 
(Atk: 100/ Def: 2600)
 
“And that ends my turn. It's your turn, Alex.”
 
(Alex looks at her hand.)
 
Alex's thoughts: “Awe man… I don't really have much of a good hand here. But I have to do something.”
 
Alex: “All right… I set one card face-down… and that'll do it for me.”
 
Mandy: “Ha! What a big waste of a turn. I knew you weren't the duelist I thought you were. You're way worse!”
 
(Alex Growls)
 
Up in the sidelines
 
Sam: “Alex didn't summon any monsters. This doesn't look to good.”
 
Jerry: “No it does not… but the duel only just stared, and remember that no matter what happens in this duel she still partakes in the finals.”
 
Ishizu's Thoughts: I wouldn't worry about that if I were you, young lady. For whoever faces my brother… they shall be in for some big trouble.”
 
Back to the duel
 
Mandy: “Poor Alex… all alone with no one to protect her.” (Sniggers)
 
Mykan: “That's enough, Mandy. This duel is only getting started, and there's still time for Alex to turn this around.”
 
Mandy: “P-lease… just look at where she stands. She may have had some dumb luck in this tournament, but now look where she stands.”
 
“Not only does she not have any monsters to protect her… but she's the only one of us here without an Egyptian God Card. She won't stand a chance in these finals.”
 
Alex: “Can-it, Mandy… just make your move!”
 
Mandy: “Oh… with pleasure.”
 
(Draws)
 
Mandy's thoughts: “Hmm… Now, if I'm going to win this tournament and claim the three Egyptian God Cards for myself, I'll need to face Mykan first.”
 
“After all… Marik's Winged Dragon of Ra is the most powerful of the three… so if I beat Mykan first and claim Slifer the Sky Dragon, combined with my Obelisk the Tormentor, I'll be well prepared.”
 
(Gazes at Alex)
 
“And the best way to make that happen is to make sure Alex Loses first.”
 
Mandy: “Now… Vorse Raider… go on and attack Alex directly!”
 
(Atk: 1900)
 
Alex: “Not so fast! I activate my Trap-Card… SHADOW-SPELL!!”
 
(Vorse Raider, ensnared by chains)
 
Mandy: “Huh?!”
 
Alex: “Not so tough now… are you Mandy? Now your Monster can't attack, defend, and loses 700 attack-points.”
 
(Atk: 1200)
 
(Mandy growls)
 
Mykan: “Well played, Alex.”
 
(Alex Grins)
 
Marik: “I wouldn't be gloating just yet if I were either of you. For now it is my turn.”
 
(Draws)
 
“First… I shall set one card face-down… and then I shall summon LORD POISON in attack mode!”
 
(Atk:1500/ Def: 1000)
 
“And now I shall activate REMOVE TRAP, and I shall use it to destroy Shadow-Spell. Now I shall have my Newdoria, attack the Vorse Raider.”
 
(Atk: 1200) VS (Atk (1900)
 
(Newdoria, destroyed!)
 
Mandy: “Are you crazy… your monster bit the dust with that attack, and you'll lose life points big time.”
 
Marik: “Hmm, mm, mm… Not really. This move is going all according to plan.”
 
“When Newdoria is sent to the graveyard by battle… I can choose to destroy one monster on the field, and I choose your Vorse Raider.”
 
Mandy: “Ah?!”
 
(Raider, destroyed)
 
Marik: “And while it is true that I would take damage from my previous attack… I can now activate this Quick-play Spell-card… SPELL OF PAIN!!” (Rules fudged)
 
(This card only works with other card effects, not battle damage)
 
“This card allows me to redirect all the Damage I would take to any one of you… and I Choose you little Alex!”
 
(Alex growls)
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 4000…Mandy: 4000… Marik: 4000… Alex: 3300)
 
(Alex's box goes up)
 
Alex: “Whoa… this was unexpected.”
 
Marik: “And it will only get much worse, for all of you. Ha, ha, ah, ah, ah!!”
 
Mykan: “It's my turn now.”
 
(Draws)
 
“I sacrifice my Big Shield Gardna to Summon BEAST OF GILFER.
 
(Atk: 2200/ Def: 2500)
 
“And Mandy/// I'll attack you directly! Go, my Gilfer beast!”
 
(Atk: 2200)
 
Mandy: “Nice try… but I activate the trap ATTACKGUIDANCE ARMOR!!” (Anime card only)
 
“This allows me to redirect the attack to anywhere I choose on the field, like… you Marik! Your Lord Poison is about to be totaled!”
 
Marik: “Oh Really? Guess again!”
 
(Everyone gazes in question)
 
Marik: “You're not the only on who can activate traps… I activate, MIRRIOR FORCE!! This will negate your attack and destroy all other monsters in play… like Yours Mykan.”
 
Mykan: “Wrong!”
 
Marik: “Huh?”
 
Marik: “now it's time for my trap to activate… Go, SEVEN TOOLS OF THE BANDIT!!
 
Marik: “No! Not that card!”
 
Mykan: “Oh yes… now by paying 1000 of my life points… this Counter-Trap lets me cancel out the effects of your Mirror Force card, and destroy it.”
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 3000…Mandy: 4000… Marik: 4000… Alex: 3300)
 
(Mirror Force, destroyed)
 
“This allows my Gilferd Beast to finish it's attack on your Lord of Poison!”
 
Marik: “GRR… AAH!!”
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 3000…Mandy: 4000… Marik: 3300… Alex: 3300)
 
(Both chairs rise.)
 
Mykan: “I may have lost some life points, but it's a small price to pay. Now it's your turn, Alex.”
 
Alex: “Okay then.”
 
(Draws)
 
“You won't be able to defend yourself this time, Mandy. I summon GEARFRIED THE IRON KNIGHT!!”
 
(Atk: 1800 / Def: 1600)
 
“Now Gearfried, Attack Mandy!”
 
(Atk: 1800)
 
Mandy: “AAH… GRR… I think I broke a nail.”
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 3000…Mandy: 2200… Marik: 3300… Alex: 3300)
 
(Chair, rises)
 
Alex: “Now I'll place two cards face-down, and end my turn.”
 
Alex's thoughts: “Whew… so far so good. If I can't just hold it together… I'll be dueling you in no time!”
 
(Gazes at Marik)
 
Up at the top
 
Jerry: “Well, so far everyone seems to have lost some life points… but whoever is going to face who in the finals is still anyone's guess.”
 
Sam: “So far, we got Both Marik and Alex, tied for first place… we got Mykan in second place… and Mandy's brining up the rear.”
 
Sam's thoughts: “But whatever happens… I just hope Alex doesn't end up dueling Marik. Anyone who's faced him or his sister have ended up in real danger.”
 
Ishizu's thoughts: “Hmm, mm, mm… silly fools. My Millennium Ring has already shown me the truth… their friend is already planning to duel my brother... but regardless of her over confidence in her skills, in the end it is my brother and I who will triumph over all.”
 
Back to the Duel
 
Mandy: “Okay, losers… it's my move!”
 
(Draws)
 
“Ha!! I set three cards face down… and I'll summon, BLADE KNIGHT!!”
 
(Atk: 1600 / Def: 1000)
 
Mandy thoughts: “This is my chance… The sooner I get Marik out of the way, the sooner I can focus on getting my duel with Mykan, and claim his Egyptian God card.”
 
Mandy: “Now… I'll attack you directly, Marik!”
 
(Atk: 1600)
 
Marik: “Ugh! ARGH!!”
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 3000…Mandy: 2200… Marik: 1700… Alex: 3300)
 
(Chair rises)
 
Mandy: (Sniggers): “Ooh… I am on fire!”
 
Marik: “Humph! Not for much longer you won't be.”
 
(Draws)
 
“Prefect… this card will help me a lot. I summon DARK JERIOD!”
 
(Atk: 1200 / Def: 1500)
 
Alex: “How's that ugly thing going to help you? It's the weakest monster on the field.”
 
Marik: “Ha, ha, ah, ah, ah! Fool, My monster has a very powerful ability… the ability to lower one monster's attack power by 800 points!”
 
(Everyone else gasps)
 
Marik's thoughts: “Now the question is… who shall I strike out?”
 
“I could weaken Mandy's Blade Knight… but then again, she could just activate a face-down card and try to stop my attack!”
 
“Then again… I could weaken Mykan's Beast of Gilfer… but even with my Dark Jeriod's effect… it still won't be strong enough to take it out.”
 
Marik: “I believe I shall effect Alex's Iron Knight, and Weaken it by 800 points!”
 
Alex: “Awe, no! I should've seen that coming.”
 
(Atk: 1800) becomes (Atk: 1000)
 
Marik: “Ha, ha, ha… poor little Alex, what ever are you going to do now? Dark Jeriod, attack her Iron Knight, now!!”
 
(Atk: 1200) VS (Atk: 1000)
 
Alex: “What am I going to? Well I'll show you…!”
 
Marik: “What?! A Trap?”
 
Alex: “You bet… go SKULL DICE!!”
 
(Die rolls)
 
“As long as I don't roll a one… you monster will become weak enough to block my attack.”
 
Marik: (Growls)
 
(Die stops on… TWO)
 
Alex: “Yeah! Now your monster loses half of his attack power!!”
 
Marik: “No!”
 
(Atk: 1200) becomes (Atk: 600)
 
Alex: “Oh yeah! That's what I'm talking about! Now Gearfried, counter-attack!”
 
(Attack fails, and Gearfried shrinks!)
 
“Huh! What happened to my Knight… he's shrunk down to size!”
 
(Mandy sniggers)
 
Mykan: “Mandy! You did that!”
 
Mandy: “Heh, heh… of course… My SHRINKcard has reduced Alex's monster in half and made it small… just like her brain!”
 
(Atk: 1000) becomes (Atk: 500)
 
(Jeriod continues its attack)
 
(Atk: 600) VS (Atk: 500)
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 3000…Mandy: 2200… Marik: 1700… Alex: 3200)
 
(Chair rises)
 
Alex: “Why you--”
 
Mykan: “Stay strong, Alex.”
 
Alex: “MANDY!! I'll get you for that!!”
 
Mandy: “Yeah right… but you'll have to wait. It's Mykan's turn!”
 
Mykan: “Humph!”
 
(Draws)
 
Mykan's thoughts: “Now then… I could try and attack Mandy's Blade Knight, but then she would probably just use one of her face-down cards to stop me.”
 
“Even if I don't attack her, if I try to attack Marik's Dark Jeriod, Mandy could still use her Face-down cards and protect him again.”
 
“Then there's Alex… and she's in the worst place of us all. With no monsters to protect her, and her Face-down card might not help her.”
 
“All I know is… as long as Alex doesn't end up facing Marik in the next round… everything will be okay.”
 
Mykan: “Now my Beast of Gilfer… your target is, Dark Jeriod!”
 
Alex: “Mykan, wait!!”
 
Mykan: “Huh?”
 
Alex: “Don't attack Marik! Look I know this sounds crazy and all, but you'd be making a big mistake.”
 
Mykan: “But Alex--”
 
Alex: “No buts, Mykan. I know what I'm talking about… and I want you to attack me instead!”
 
Mykan's thoughts: “Why would Alex want me to attack her… she knows that she can't shield herself this turn, and my attack will bring her life points down to 1000. She'll be only a small trail behind Marik… and--
 
“Wait a minute… what if she--”
 
“Oh no! Alex must want to face Marik in the next round.”
 
Alex: “Mykan look… I know what I'm doing, and I promise I'll tell you later, but right now you just have to trust me on this one!”
 
“Now come on… ATTACK ME!!”
 
Up at the top
 
Sam: “Awe no… Alex actually wants to go up against Marik?! What is she thinking?”
 
Jerry's thoughts: “Unfortunately…I know what it is.”
 
Back to the duel
 
Alex: “Mykan, I know what I'm doing here… just trust me!”
 
(Mykan really struggles)
 
Mykan: “All right!! Beast of Gilfer… attack Alex directly!”
 
(Atk: 2200)
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 3000…Mandy: 2200… Marik: 1700… Alex: 1000)
 
(Chair Rises)
 
Alex: “Thanks Mykan… No, really, thanks.”
 
Mykan's thoughts: “I just hope you know what you're getting yourself into Alex.”
 
Alex: “All right… here goes.”
 
(Draws)
 
“Awe, yeah! That's the stuff.”
 
Alex's thoughts: “Okay, if this works, everything will go as I planned it, I just can't believe I'm going to rely on Mandy to help me with this.”
 
Alex: “I summon my AXE RAIDER in attack mode!”
 
(Atk: 1700 / Def: 1050)
 
Mandy: “Pah! What kind of a monster is that anyways? I knew you didn't have the guts to do anything for real.”
 
Alex: “Oh, yeah? Well you might want to take back those words, Mandy… because it's your Blade knight I'm going for… Axe Raider… attack!!”
 
(Atk: 1700) VS (Atk: 1600)
 
Mandy: “Ha! Got you!” You just set off my trap! RING OF DESTRUCTION!! Now it can destroy one monster in play and then both duelists will lose life points equal to that monster's attack power.”
 
“And guess which monster I'm choosing, Alex. Go Ring of Destruction… destroy her Axe Raider!!”
 
Mandy: “Oh, and before I forget… I'll also activate this Quick-play card… RING OF DEFENSE! So this way, I won't take any damage from my trap at all.”
 
“Your finished, Alex!”
 
(Axe Raider is destroyed)
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 3000…Mandy: 2200… Marik: “0000”… Alex: 1000)
 
Marik: “What's this? Why have my life points dropped to zero?”
 
Alex: “Heh, heh… Because I still had a face down card, and it's one of my favorites too, GRAVEROBBER!!”
 
“It allowed me to take a Magic-Card form anyone's graveyard and use against them. So I used it to bring back your SPELL OF PAIN!!”
 
Mykan's thoughts: “I see… a clever move too.”
 
“Alex could've attacked Marik's Dark Jeriod and then only reduce his life points by 500, but she knew Mandy had a trick or two up her sleeve so she combined her strategies and was able to wipe Marik out.”
 
(Marik growls as his chair goes up)
 
Alex: “And it looks like I'm going up too… because sadly, I have to pay 2000 points when my turn ends from Graverobber.”
 
FINAL SCORE: (Mykan: 3000…Mandy: 2200… Marik: “0000”… Alex: “0000”)
 
“Going up.”
 
(Chair Rises)
 
“Well, well… imagine seeing you up here.”
 
Marik: “I hope you realize what you have stumbled into my dear. You have just taken your first step to certain doom!”
 
Alex: “You won't be saying that after I kick your sorry butt out of this tournament.”
 
 
Odion announced that the duel was over. “The results are now in.” he said. “Master Marik Ishtar will face Alexandra in the first duel of the Semi-finals… and Ms. Mandy will battle Professor Mykan in the second match.”
 
Mandy kept on Staring at me with a wicked smirk on her face. “Yes! My plan worked… now I can face Mykan and claim his Egyptian God Card for my own, making my deck well prepared to face Marik.”
 
I on the other hand was more concerned about Alex. For all I knew, if she was going to face Marik… she would be in for something big, bad, and downright dangerous!