Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ TOTALLY SPIES: Dueling Dramas Season 2 ❯ Round Two, Alex VS Marik: Part One ( Chapter 36 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
 
Everyone's dueling chair were being raised up to the top of the tower. Where the first duel would being momentarily. Marik and Alex were still gazing angrily at each other.
 
“Our duel awaits us.” Marik sniggered. “I hope you are prepared to be swallowed up by the agony of defeat.”
 
“In your dreams, Creep!” Alex sneered.
 
Mandy on the other hand was still thinking those awful things in her head, about how she was planning to beat me, and take my Egyptian God Card from me… but most of all. So get her revenge for my, and the spies humiliating her.
 
As for me… now I knew what lay ahead of me, but I was still way too concerned about Alex. “What's Marik going to do now that he's facing off against Alex? If he so much as lays a scratch on her… I will make him regret it!”
 
All four of us reached the top, and we found ourselves outside, on the top of the tower, and what view it was. The warm air blowing gently across, the sounds of the ocean and seagulls playing.
 
But this was no time to be all fancy.
 
We all hopped off our chairs. “Mykan, over here.” called Sam.
 
I walked over to her and Jerry. “I take it you saw everything.” I said. “This is going to be Alex's toughest, most dangerous duel ever.”
 
Sam nodded. “But what if she loses?” she asked. “Look what's happened so far. Anyone who's one up against Marik or Ishizu ended up losing more than just a match.”
 
Alex heard all this. “Hey, don't worry.” she said. “I'll crush Marik. He won't know what hit him, and he'll be finished before you can say, Let's duel.”
 
Suddenly, we heard Mandy's trademark snigger. “Oh, P-lease… you couldn't bet Marik is he was Blindfolded, and Handcuffed.” she snapped. “You don't stand a chance against his Egyptian God Card.”
 
Alex's features went to blazing mad. “Mandy! Do us all a favor and keep your ugly nose out this!” she snapped. “For your information, I'm doing this for Clover!”
 
Sam and I were both amazed to hear that. “It's true.” said Jerry. “I knew all the time.”
 
He told us all that Alex really felt horrible that poor Clover got knocked out-cold when Marik angered the Egyptian Gods with his false Ra-Card, and she was seeking out to finish what Clover started.
 
Alex nodded. “This creep is going to pay for everything he and his crummy Sister have done.”
 
Ishizu grunted at that insult.
 
“Heh! What… ever.” snorted Mandy. “Good luck Alex… not that it'll do you much good.” She sniggered with her trademark.
 
Just then, Odion stepped up. “The first duel of the second half of the semifinals is about to begin.” he said. “Duelists, please approach the arena.”
 
“Good luck, Alex.” said Jerry.
 
“We're with you all the way.” added Sam.
 
I nodded in agreement with them both.
 
Alex smirked. “Don't worry about a thing. I know what I'm doing.” she said.
 
As she walked over towards the dueling platform, she kept her mind focused. She had to crush some really powerful duelists to make it this far in the tournament, or even this far in her dueling career.
 
Besides, now she was dueling for more than just to help me rescue my baby, or help her and other girl's fathers. Now she was fighting… for a friend.
 
“All right, It's time. You're going down, Marik.”
 
“Ha, ha, ha… You have no idea what is about to happen my dear.” Marik chuckled. “Once you and everyone else realize that I've already changed most of the cards in my deck.”
 
“This duel will now, commence.” said Odion. “To my right; Master Marik Ishtar.”
 
“To my left: Alexandra.”
 
“Master Marik will begin first.”
 
Duel disks were prepared… image projectors activated… cards shuffled an drawn. Life points set to 8000.
 
“LET'S DUEL!!”
 
SCORE: (Marik: 8000 / Alex: 8000)
 
Marik: “Let the destruction commence. I shall summon GIL GARTH in attack mode!”
 
(Atk: 1800 / Def: 1200)
 
“And now, I shall place one card face-down and end my turn.”
 
(Alex looks at her cards)
 
Alex's thoughts: “Man, I'm not really off to a good start. None of my monsters are strong enough to beat his… yet. Better play it safe.”
 
Alex: “I'll also place one card face-down, and I summon ALLIGATOR SWORD in defense-mode!”
 
(Atk: 1500 / Def: 1200)
 
“And that will do it for me. Now, do you worst!”
 
Marik: “Hmm, mm, mm… My worst? If you say so. It is time we took this duel to the next level.”
 
Alex: “What? Next level?”
 
(Millennium Rod, and Ring begin to Glow)
 
(A Dark cloud forms over the tower)
 
Alex: “Whoa? Hey, what's with this smog?”
 
Mykan: “Oh, no! It… it can't be.”
 
Sam: “What… what's happening?”
 
Marik: “Glad you ask that? I've simply raised the stakes on this duel, and have transported all of us standing here into the dark void of the Shadow-Realm.”
 
Mykan, Alex, and Sam: “SHADOW-REALM!!”
 
Jerry: “The what?
 
Mykan: “Marik has just brought us into a world of sheer darkness, and very dangerous magic.”
 
Marik: “Hmm, mm, mm… that's correct, young Mykan. This duel has now become a Shadow Game, where whoever loses will be banished here for all eternity.”
 
(Alex gasps)
 
“But in addition… I plan to push you to the absolute limits of your strength. Observe.”
 
(Glowing lines attached from the duelists to their monsters)
 
Alex: “Uh… mind telling me what these string-things are for?”
 
Marik: “Hmm, mm, mm… just a another little feature. In this Shadow Game, everything feels almost real. So whenever our monsters get destroyed, a part of our physical energy will be drained away. Leaving you weaker than before.”
 
Alex: “Look, I've had it up to here with all your nagging. Now will you just move it already?!”
 
Marik: “As you wish.”
 
(Draws)
 
“I summon DRILLAGO in attack-mode!”
 
(Atk: 1600 / Def: 1100)
 
“Destroy her Alligator Sword, and drain her energy!”
 
(Atk: 1600) VS (Def: 1200)
 
(Alex gets zapped)
 
Alex: “Y-Y-YEOW!!”
 
Sam: “Alex!”
 
Mykan: “It's the ultimate test of her strength.”
 
Alex: (Gets up) “So, this duel's got a twist to it… but you do realize it can also work on you too.”
 
Ishizu's thoughts: “That Fool. She's fails to realize that my brother and I have been fighting Shadow-Games for so long, that our inner strength has become far superior to that of her own.”
 
Marik: “Now… Gil Garth, attack her life points directly!”
 
(Atk: 1800)
 
Alex: “Oh, no you don't! I reveal my Quick-play Magic-Card… SCAPEGOAT!”
 
Marik: “What's this?!”
 
(Four Sheep Tokens… One gets destroyed)
 
Alex: “And since it isn't a monster card, there's no energy to zap me.”
 
(Marik Growls)
 
Jerry: “It looks as though he underestimated Alex. Now is the perfect time for her to make her move.”
 
Alex: “Now it's payback time.”
 
(Draws)
 
“Now I bring out my PANTHER WARRIOR in attack-mode!”
 
(Atk: 2000 / Def: 1600)
 
“Now I sacrifice one of my Sheep Token's, and I'll send my Panther to attack your Gil Garth! GO!!”
 
(Atk: 2000) VS (Atk: 1800)
 
SCORE: (Marik: 7800 / Alex: 8000)
 
Marik: “GRR… you will pay for that, and dearly!”
 
(Draws)
 
“And this Magic-Car will help me do just that! TRIBUTE BURIAL!!”(Anime Card only)
 
Alex: “Huh? What's that do?”
 
Marik: “Heh, heh, heh… this card allows me to normal summon any monster with five stars or greater, and all I am required to do is remove one monster from each of our graveyards from play.”
 
(Alex gasp in awe)
 
Marik: “Now I shall remove your Alligator Sword, and my Gil Garth from play… so I may summon the mighty HELPOEMER!”
 
(Atk: 2000 / Def: 1400)
 
Alex: “How can that thing finish me off? It's got the exact same strength as my Panther Warrior.”
 
Marik: “Very observant of you, M dear… but things are not always as they seem. Now I shall place one card face-down and end my turn.”
Alex's thoughts: “Why didn't he attack me? He's got to be up to something, but there only one way to find out.”
 
(Draws)
 
“All right… my Jinzo! It could wipe the floor with hat Helpoemer in a snap, but that's probably just what Marik wants; for me to attack him. I better not risk Jinzo just yet.”
 
Alex: “All right… it's go-time. I summon ROCKET WARRIOR in attack-mode!”
 
(Atk: 1500 / Def: 1300)
 
Marik: “Ha! You Fool… you just triggered my Trap-card. HIDDEN SOLDIER!”
 
Alex: “Ah?! This can't be good.”
 
Marik: “Correct, My Dear. You see, I can only activate this trap whenever you summon a monster. Now I am able to summon any Dark-Monster with four stars or less from my hand.”
 
“So meet… PLASMA EEL!”(Anime card only)
 
“And now, it's special ability comes into play.”
 
(Attaches to Panther Warrior)
 
“You see… my Plasma Eel can attach itself to any of your monsters, and then with each passing turn it weakness that monster by 500 points, whichever mode it is in.”
 
“And according to the rules of our Shadow-Game… as your monster loses energy, so do you.”
 
(Panther gets zapped)
 
(Alex gets sapped, and she screams)
 
Mykan: “Fight it, Alex!”
 
Sam: “Hang in there!”
 
Alex's thoughts: “I'm… not giving up! I made a promise to help Mykan and Sabrina get the baby back! I promised to help our dads get their jobs back… but most of all, I promised that I'd get Marik back for what he did to Clover!”
 
(FLASKBACK, to Clover's duel)
 
Clover: “Hey! What's going on?!”
 
David/Marik: “My Egyptian God Monster is not obeying me!”
 
(Lightning strikes)
 
Clover: “HAAAAAAAAARGH!!”
 
David/Marik: “GAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!”
 
(End of flashback)
 
Alex's thoughts: “Marik can drain my energy all he wants, but he won't destroy my determination!”
 
(Snaps up-right and ROARS!!)
 
Marik: “What? It cannot be!”
 
Ishizu: “This is impossible. That Fool should be begging for mercy.”
 
Alex: “You'll never keep me down. Not as long as I have something to fight for!”
 
“Activate Rocket Warrior's special ability! Invincible-mode. Now not only can he not be destroyed in battle, but he can also weaken your monster's attack. Go Rocket Warrior, attack his Helpoemer.”
 
(Atk: 1500) VS (Atk: 2000)
 
(Atk: 2000) Becomes (Atk: 1500)
 
Marik: “Why you--”
 
Alex: “Now I sacrifice another Sheep Token. Panther Warrior, destroy his Helpoemer!”
(Atk: 2000) VS (Atk: 1500)
 
Marik (Gets zapped): “ARGH!!”
 
SCORE: (Marik: 7300 / Alex: 8000)
 
Sam: “Check it out… Alex just hit Marik good and hard.”
 
Jerry: “But wait… why does Marik not seem the least bit concerned?”
 
Marik: “Heh, heh, heh… you may have cost me some life points, but you just put yourself in great danger.”
 
Alex: “Huh?”
 
Marik: “When my Helpoemer is destroyed and sent to the graveyard by battle, it can never be special summoned from there, but what's worse is what happens as long as it remains in the graveyard.”
 
(Arm stretches out of Alex's disk)
 
Alex: “Hey! What's this thing doing in my graveyard?”
 
(Snatches Jinzo)
 
“Hey, my card!”
 
Marik: “Did you see that? As long as Helpoemer is in the graveyard, you'll randomly loose one card from your hand each turn.”
 
Alex's thoughts: “Oh no… if I keep losing cards like this, I won't stand a chance!”
 
Marik: “You should never have challenged me in the first place, My Dear. Too bad… your end is drawing nearer! Ha, ha, ha, ah, ah, ah! AH, HA, HA, HA, AH, AH!!”
 
 
Meanwhile
 
Sabrina was feeling a little better, but she was told to stay in bed for a while… if what the doctors were trying to find out about her was true.
 
She really wished she could be there on the tower, supported me and Alex along the way, but no. All she could do was look out the window… and what she saw almost made her sick again.
 
“That… that cloud.” she cried. “Oh, no… it can't be. There's a shadow game going on up there.”
 
She remembered what it was like when her father, being controlled by that evil spirit, was mean and nasty, and made me face him in the Shadow-Realm, cutting me off fro the regular world.
 
All she could do know was hope that I wasn't the one who was dueling up there, and even if I was… she knew that I would be okay.
 
Finally… the doctors came back, and they had results to why Sabrina was feeling so sick. “Princess…” the man said with a smile on his face. “We have wonderful news.”
 
TO BE CONTINUED