Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ TOTALLY SPIES: Dueling Dramas Season 2 ❯ Round Two, Alex VS Marik: Part Two ( Chapter 37 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's notes:
 
Remember… Alex isn't dueling against YAMI MARIK, that guy's not in this story. You have to picture Marik while he was evil, but not YAMI MARIK.
 
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
 
SCORE: (Marik: 7300 / Alex: 8000)
 
Marik: “Heh, heh, heh! You may as well surrender while you have the chance, My dear, and spare yourself from the agony of defeat.”
 
Alex: “Dream on! I said I wasn't running from you and that is that.”
 
Marik: “Really? Well then you must be even a bigger fool than I had given you credit for. Just observe now as my Plasma Eel weakens your Panther Warrior.”
 
(Panther gets zapped)
 
(Atk: 2000) Becomes (Atk: 1500)
 
“And don't forget, as your monster loses energy, SO DO YOU!!”
 
(Alex gets zapped and screams)
 
Sam: “Hang in there Alex!”
 
Mykan: “You can make it!”
 
(Alex shakes it off)
 
Marik: “I told you, you were No-match for me, My dear. Now then… I shall place two cards face-down and end my turn.”
 
Alex's thoughts: “He didn't attack me again?! What's with this guy? Is he trying to lure me into another one of his traps?”
 
(Draws)
 
“Hey… my Yellow Spy girl. I'll bet this could really come in handy… only I can't summon it without sacrificing two monsters first, and thanks to his plasma Eel, I can't sacrifice my Panther Warrior.”
 
“I'll just have to try and wait on it.”
 
Alex: “Okay… I summon BABY DRAGON in defense-mode.”
 
(Atk: 1200 / Def: 750)
 
“And now… Rocket Warrior! Go to invincible mode, and attack Drillago!”
 
(Atk: 1600) Becomes (Atk: 1100)
 
(Marik gets zapped)
 
Marik: “Hmm, mm, mm… you played right into my Trap.”
 
Alex: “A Trap?”
 
Marik: “Behold my CARD OF LAST WILL!!” (Anime card only)
 
“This card activates whenever a monster on my side of the field has it's attack decreased. So now I can draw five cards into my hand.”
 
(Draws… and looks)
 
Marik's thoughts: “Well… I've just drawn my Egyptian God Card. The Winged Dragon of Ra. Crushing this fool will be no difficult task now.”
 
Alex: “Uh… if you're done looking at your cards now?! I'll sacrifice my last Sheep-Token so my Panther Warrior can attack!”
 
(Atk: 1500) VS (Atk: 1100)
 
Marik: “GAAH!!”
 
SCORE: (Marik: 6900 / Alex: 8000)
 
Marik: “It is time that I took control of this duel… and these two continuous cards will help me. Behold… COFFIN SELLER… and DARK ROOM OF NIGHTMARE!!”
 
Alex: “Huh? This can't be good.”
 
Marik: “Indeed it is not, and now I shall show you why… as Helpoemer steals another card from your hand.”
 
(Snatches Yellow Spy-girl)
 
Alex: “No! Not again!”
 
Marik: “And now the effects of my two cards come into play. First, my Coffin Seller Trap will cost you 300 life points whenever a monster goes to your graveyard.”
 
“And my Dark Room Of Nightmare Spell will drain you another 300 points of damage whenever you take damage from my card effects.”
 
Alex: “Oh no!”
 
SCORE: (Marik: 6900 / Alex: 7400)
 
Marik: “But don't believe that I am through with you yet, My Dear. You're life points are not the only thing that will take a hit. Go, my Eel… drain her Panther Warrior's power again!”
 
(Panther gets zapped)
 
(Atk: 1500) Becomes (Atk: 1000)
 
(Alex gets zapped and screams)
 
Marik: “Now that I have had that fun… I shall activate this card. PREMATURE BURIAL!! And I shall pay 800 life points to bring back my Drillago.”
 
SCORE: (Marik: 6100 / Alex: 7400)
 
(Drillago returns)
 
“But it won't be staying for too long, as a sacrifice it so I may summon this… my LEGENDARY FEIND!!”
 
(Atk: 1500 / Def: 1800)
 
Alex: “And, that thing is supposed to scare me… how?”
 
Marik: “Patients, My Dear, and all will be revealed to you soon enough. Now, make your move!”
 
Alex: “Whatever!”
 
(Draws)
 
“I play… POT OF GREED so I can draw two new cards.”
 
(Draws again)
 
Alex's thoughts: “Now what am I supposed to do? Marik's Traps are really doing me in. Each one worse than the last.”
 
Sam: “Gee… Alex doesn't look so good up there. She may have the lead, but how is she supposed to win this duel if Marik's Traps keep tearing her apart?”
 
Jerry: “Well, it's also the best way she can learn about his strategy.”
 
Mykan: “He has a point, Sam. Alex must force Marik to reveal and use up his traps so she can learn more about them, and then come up with a different strategy.”
 
Mandy's thoughts: “Whatever it is that loser does… I just hope she survives long enough for me to learnt he secrets of Marik's Egyptian God Card. Then I can work out how to beat it, and then claim it for myself.”
 
Ishizu's thoughts: “I must admit, that young lady is putting up quite a struggle, but no matter how hard she thrives, in the end, it is my brother and I who shall hold all the cards.”
 
Alex: “Okay then… I summon LITTLE WINGUARD in defense-mode!!”
 
(Atk: 1400 / Def: 1800)
 
“And I'll switch my Panther Warrior to Defense as well.”
 
(Def: 1600)
 
Marik: “Ha! If you think that you can guard yourself behind your monsters like that, you are sorely mistaken, My Dear.”
 
Alex: “Say What?!”
 
Marik: “Observes my latest Trap… NIGHTMARE WHEEL!!”
 
“This trap card allows me to ensnare any one of your monsters and hold it hostage. And just look at who the unlucky monster is!”
 
Alex: “No! My Rocket Warrior! You-Snake, what have you done now!”
 
Marik: “Hmm. As long as my Nightmare Wheel is in play, your monster cannot attack or defend itself, but that's not all it can do. Every time my turn begins you'll instantly lose 500 life points.”
 
Alex: “Ah?! GRR… all I can do now is end my turn.”
 
Marik: “Yes, you do that… but don't forget that your Panther Warrior still loses attack strength thanks to my Plasma Eel.”
 
(Panther gets Zapped)
 
(Atk: 1000) Becomes (Atk: 500)
 
“And with those points goes more of your energy.”
 
(Alex gets zapped and growls in pain)
 
Alex: “This… is really… getting… annoying!”
 
Marik: “Now it is my turn.”
 
(Draws)
 
“Now then… as my turn begins, my Nightmare Wheel deals you 500 points of damage.”
 
SCORE: (Marik: 6900 / Alex: 6900)
 
“And don't forget about my Dark Room Of Nightmare card that drains you another 300 life points.”
 
SCORE: (Marik: 6900 / Alex: 6600)
 
“Now then, the time has come to reveal to you my Legendary Fiend's Special-Ability.”
 
Alex: “Quit Speaking in Riddles and just go already!”
 
Marik: “As you wish, My Dear, Legendary Fiend, destroy her Little Wingaurd!”
 
Alex: “What?! Hold on! Your monster's attack is weaker than my defense. So why bother attacking?”
 
Marik: “Well… if you had let me explain my monster's ability to you, you would know that it gains 700 attack points each turn.”
 
(Atk: 1500) Becomes (Atk: 2200)
 
“Now… as I recall your Little Wingaurd is about to be gone!”
 
(Atk: 2200) VS (Def: 1800)
 
(Alex get's zapped)
 
“Not only does your energy go down, but so do your life points. Thanks to my Coffin Seller and my Dark Room… you lose another 600 life points.”
 
SCORE: (Marik: 6900 / Alex: 6000)
 
“And now my Helpoemeer snatches another card from your hand)
 
(Snatches card)
 
“Then I shall set one card face down on the field and end my turn.”
 
“So, My Dear… have you finally come to your senses? There's no way you can win this duel. Trust me, before long you'll be trapped eternally in the Shadow-Realm. Fool.” (Evil laughter)
 
Alex's thoughts: “Just look at me… I'm getting my score cleaned out, and Marik still has me right where he wants me, but I can't give up now… I made a promise that I'd get revenge for what he did to Clover and everyone else.”
 
“Just like Mykan said… I got to trust in my deck. Come on Heart of the Cards… SHOW ME SOME LOVE!!”
 
(Draws)
 
Alex: “Ooh.” (Laughs wickedly) “Check it out… I just drew the one card in my whole deck that can blow your entire dueling strategy out of the water.”
 
Marik: “You lie! There can't possibly be a card that can help you win.”
 
Alex: “Trust me… this is no lie. I activate the Magic-Card… QUESTION!!”
 
Marik: “What? Question?”
 
Alex: “this bad boy forces you to guess which monster is at the bottom of my graveyard. If you guess right, then that monster is out of the game for good… but if you guess wrong… then I can special summon it right away.”
 
Marik: “What?!”
 
Alex: “Well… I'm waiting. Of course you do realize that if you guess wrong, I could summon that monster and take control of this duel. Now come on… take a guess.”
 
Marik's thoughts: “I must remember… which of her monsters did I destroy first.”
 
“It cannot be her Alligator Sword… I removed that card from play. I've destroy so many of her monsters that I cannot remember which one I destroyed first… unless.”
 
Alex: “You're in big trouble now. You'll never guess which monster is at the bottom, an you want to know why? It's because the first card that went to my graveyard was chosen randomly by your Helpoemer.”
 
Mark: “GRR… No!”
 
Alex: “That's right… you'll never guess which monster it is, because you never saw it. So the joke's on you, and now I'll go ahead and make my summoning.”
 
Marik's thoughts: “The joke will be on her… for once I spring my face-down trap on her. All of her monsters will be destroyed.”
 
Alex: “Here goes! Since you guess wrong… I get to summon this monster. Go JINZO!!”
 
(Atk: 2400 / Def: 1500)
 
Marik: “AAH!! Not Jinzo!”
 
Alex: “That's right… and now that he's here, he's about to lay waste to all your traps! Go Jinzo, do your stuff!!”
 
(Marik's Traps, destroyed. Rocket Warrior is free)
 
Sam: “Way to go, Alex!”
 
Mykan: “Well done. Without the use of his trap-cards, Marik needs a new strategy.”
 
Alex: “Now then… I'll switch all my monsters into attack mode, and it's time to hit you where it hurts.”
 
“Go Jinzo… Attack his Legendary Fiend!”
 
(Atk: 2400) VS (Atk: 2200)
 
(Marik gets zapped)
 
SCORE: (Marik: 6700 / Alex: 6000)
 
Jerry: “I don't believe it… if Alex can successfully attack Marik now, she'll have him at her mercy.”
 
Mandy's thoughts: “Hmm… those losers still just don't get it. Never underestimate the power of a duelist with an Egyptian God Card.”
 
Alex: “Okay monsters… ATTKAC MARIK DIRECTLY!!”
 
Combo Attack: (3200)
 
Marik: “GRR… AAH!!”
 
SCORE: (Marik: 3500 / Alex: 6000)
 
Alex: “Yeah!! Now that's what I'm talking about.”
 
Sam: “Woo-hoo… way to go, Alex!”
 
Jerry: “Keep up the good work.”
 
Marik: (gets up, laughing) “I must say, My Dear, you may know a thing or too about control after all, but do not think for an instant that it's all over.”
 
“Now my Helpoemer takes another card out of your hand!”
 
(Snatches card)
 
“And now my Plasma Eel will drain your Panther of what's left of it's power! Not to mention drain you more strength.”
 
(Atk: 500) Becomes (Atk: 0000)
 
(Alex gets zapped)
 
Marik: “Ha, ha, ha… too much for you to handle? Well here's something that might brighten things up for you.”
 
(Draws)
 
“This next monster can only be summoned if I sacrifice two monsters on your side of the field.”
 
Alex: “Huh? Two of my monsters? You can't do that.”
 
Marik: “Just watch me… as I sacrifice your Jinzo and your Baby Dragon in order to summon this… LAVA GOLEM!!”
 
(Atk: 3000 / Def: 2500)
 
(Appears on Alex's side of the field)
 
Alex: “Huh? Hey! What's going on here?”
 
Marik: “What's the matter, My Dear… I thought you would be delighted to receive a monster with 3000 attack points.”
 
Alex: “What? This thing's mine?”
 
Marik: “Of course. It's the only way I can summon it. Lava Golem now answers to you… with a small drawback. Each and every turn, you lose 1000 life points.”
 
“And don't forget, my Dark Room of Nightmare is still in play so shall still lose 300 life points every time.”
 
“Now then… with your Jinzo gone, I can set any card I desire, and I set one card face-down to complete my turn.”
 
Alex: “Great… what am I supposed to do now?”
 
Sam: “Man… can't we ever get a break!”
 
Mykan's thoughts: “While it is true that Lava Golem costs Alex 1000 life points each turn, but it still has 3000 attack points. It could help Alex out a bit, but… why would Marik just give Alex that strong monster.”
 
Alex's thoughts: “Marik must've given me this stupid Lava Golem because he wants me to attack. Then I might not be able to get revenge for Clover… and worse… I'll be stuck in this crummy dark world forever.”
 
“But even I hold onto it, it'll cost me life points every turn, and this card in my hand's not enough… I need help, and fast!”
 
(Draws)
 
“Well… not exactly what I was hoping for but it's the best thing I can do.”
 
Alex: “All right… I'll kick it off by playing CARD OF SANCTITY!! Now we both draw until we hold Six Cards!” (Rules fudged)
 
Marik: “Fine by me.”
 
(Both draw five cards)
 
Alex's thoughts:“Whoa… it's Sam, and Clover's Spy-Girl cards. Ah! IF only my Yellow Spy-Girl wasn't in the graveyard… then I could really summon one of the best monsters I ever played.”
 
“I'll just have to play it safe for now.”
 
Alex: “I summon GRIGGLE in defense-mode!”
 
(Atk: 350 / Def: 300)
 
Jerry: “What is that supposed to be? It's far too weak to do anything at all.”
 
Sam: “Not quite Jerry… that card can actually help Alex out a lot.”
 
Mykan: “Yes… As long as Griggle stays in play, Alex will gain 3000 life points whenever her turn ends.”
 
Jerry: “Oh. I see… a very wise move.”
 
Alex: “Okay Marik… time to use the present I got from you! Lava Golem attack his life points directly!”
 
(Atk: 3000)
 
Marik: “You did exactly as I hoped. Now I can activate this trap… RELIEVE MONSTER!!”(Not yet Released)
 
“Too bad… because now I can call back one monster on the field back to my hand and then Special Summon any four star monster.”
 
Alex: “Uh, reality check, pal… you haven't got any monsters out.”
 
Marik: “Oh really… have you forgotten about my Plasma Eel attached to your Panther Warrior?”
 
Alex: “Ah?!”
 
Marik: “Now my Eel… return to me.”
 
“And since it is a Four-star monster I can summon it to the field… in defense-mode, and have it take the force of your attack.”
 
(Atk: 3000) VS (Def: 1200)
 
(Attack fails)
 
“And don't forget about my Eel's special-ability… it cannot be destroyed in battle. So your attack fails.”
 
Alex: “GRR… no matters. I just place one card face-down for now, and I'll end my turn, which makes Griggle Boost my life points by 3000.”
 
SCORE: (Marik: 3500 / Alex: 9000)
 
Marik: “Yes… but don't forget about your Lava Golem… it causes you to lose 1000 of those life points now.”
 
SCORE: (Marik: 3500 / Alex: 8000)
 
“And my Dark Room card costs you another 300.”
 
SCORE: (Marik: 3500 / Alex: 7700)
 
“And now my Helpoemer steals off another card from you.”
 
(Steals card)
 
“Now then… I shall put an end to your come back once and for all. Thanks to you playing your card of Sanctity I was able to draw this… MACHINE DULPICATION!!”
 
“It can only be played on a Machine-Monster with an attack of 500 or less. Then I can summon two other monsters of the same type.”
 
Alex: “But that means…”
 
Marik: “Correct… my one Eel becomes three! Now I can attach them to all your monsters and weaken all your monsters… and cause you to lose a serious amount of energy!”
 
(Monsters get zapped, and so does Alex)
 
“Ha, ha, ha… it matter not to me if your life points are higher than my own, soon you won't have enough energy to even move. Let alone duel!”
 
“Now, I shall play another Magic card… GRACEFUL CHARITY!! So I may discard two cards and then draw three.”
 
Marik's thoughts: “And this is the perfect card fro me to discard… and with all these powerful cards, there won't be any way for her to get to me now.
 
(Discards Ra)
 
Marik: “Now I shall place three cards face down… and end my turn. But Realize my dear… that there is no escape for you. All ways lead to the Shadow-Realm. It's all over for you.” (Evil laughter)
 
TO BE CONTINUED