Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ TOTALLY SPIES: Dueling Dramas Season 2 ❯ Round Two, Mykan VS Mandy: Part One ( Chapter 39 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
 
Alex was still not moving an inch, and inside her mind… weird things were happening.
 
In Alex's mind
 
She was float with her backside facing downward… wherever that was, as she floated around in a an empty dark vortex.
 
“What's going on?” she asked herself. “Have I died and gone to heaven?”
 
“Wait a minute… in heaven I'm supposed to feel like A-Million dollars worth of shopping… but I feel like a thanksgiving turkey with the Christmas stomach beat out of me.”
 
“Oh, well. At least I know I'm alive… but that doesn't explain where I am, or how I'm getting out.” and she just kept on drifting away into the darkness.
 
Back to the real world
 
I was almost ready to finally give up my deck for good. I reached up and grabbed it and my duel disk ready to throw them both in the trash. “Marik and Ishizu's evil is so… unpredictable!” I cried.
 
I wiped my eyes of the tears, but then… I missed one and it drizzled down my face and splashed onto my Millennium-Necklace, and it began to glow.
 
When I opened my eyes… I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It was Alex.
 
Not just her, but Clover, she was okay too. Sam was there, and so was I with Erica, safe and sound, and even Jerry was with us. We looked as though we were all going to have a picnic.
 
Sabrina was there too, and her stomach seemed rather large… “What the--” I said in shock, “Could this all be the future? But how, My Necklace should be being blocked by Marik and Ishizu.”
 
I seemed to be peeling Sabrina two grapes. “One for you…” and I gently poked her stomach. “And one for my little man.”
 
Sabrina giggled. “Oh no you don't… it's going to be a girl. I know it.”
 
I, myself couldn't believe it. “Is Sabrina pregnant, again?” I asked myself.
 
While Jerry, Sam and Clover were playing Frisbee. Alex and I stood in the open fields. “Hey Mykan… how about a duel. You know just for fun.”
 
“You're on.”
 
(End of Flashes)
 
That vision… it all seemed so clear to me. Was it all true? Was Alex going to be okay, and this nightmare finally come to an end.
 
Suddenly, the door to my room opened. “Mykan, wait!” cried Sam.
 
“Don't be foolish.” added Jerry.
 
“Sam… Jerry.”
 
“Mykan, we know things look bad, but you can't give up now.” replied Sam.
 
Jerry nodded in agreement. “Don't you see? If you walk out now, everyone will have suffered for nothing.” he said. “I've known Alex, and the others much longer than you have, and I've known them to be the strongest spies I've ever hired.”
 
I knew Jerry was right… Alex, Clover, and Sam were the three single best students I ever taught. Sure I helped them a bit to become the duelists they were today… but it was their sticking by my side, and never giving up that made them strong.
 
They all helped me to get this far, and now it was up to me to put Marik and Ishizu in their place, and make them pay for everything bad things they had done.
 
I placed my disk back onto my arm. “But first… I must get past Mandy.”
 
“That's the spirit.” Jerry said.
 
“Go get her Mykan… do it for Alex and Clover.” said Sam.
 
I nodded my head, but before I headed off, I had something to do first.
 
I walked over to Sabrina's cubicle in the sickbay. At least she was still okay. She looked up at my face and smiled. I even looked down at her stomach, and she placed her hand over mine.
 
So it really was true. “Sabrina.” I whispered to her. “I promise you… this will all be over soon.”
 
“I know it will be.” my wife said. We shared a deep, soft kiss, and it was interrupted when Odion spoke over the P.A
 
Attention please. The Second duel of the semi-finals will commence in five minutes. Ms. Mandy will battle professor Mykan, and the winner shall advance to the final round.”
 
It was time… time for me to continue on my quest to stop Marik and Ishizu, and my first step was taking Mandy out, and teaching her to have respect for the Heart of the Cards.
 
Meanwhile
 
Mandy, who only seemed to care about winning it all was already in the dueling area at the top of the tower.
 
“All right, Mykan… there's no way out now.” she thought to herself. “We're going to duel, and I'm going to get payback on you for all those horrible things you did to me.”
 
The elevator doors opened, and there I was.
 
“Well… you decided to show up after all.” Mandy said.
 
“Of course.” I said. “To miss this challenge would be turning my back on all the world.”
 
“Awe, shut up already.” Mandy snapped as the area rose up. “So… how come none of the Loser-Patrol are hear? Are they too busy trying to wake up Clover and Alex?” she laughed rudely.
 
“Mandy… Clover is badly hurt… and Alex is in a great deal of danger!” I said. “More than you could ever feel.”
 
“Ha!! Whatever… I knew those losers weren't the duelists they were cracked up to be. If you ask me…. Getting pummeled by the Winged Dragon of Ra was just what they deserved for everything they did to me.”
 
I clenched my fist tight. “That's enough, Mandy!” I growled. “You have no idea how dangerous this tournament really is.”
 
“All I do know… is that when I win it, I'll be Number-One… and you and those three losers will be out of my hair for good!!”
 
“Mandy!!” I snapped. “Dueling is not all about winning… don't you remember anything you learned when I taught you? It's all about bravery, honor and respect. That's what made Clover, Sam, and Alex the best.”
 
“You on the other hand, are so busy staying cooped-up in your lust for greatness and power… that you hold yourself back which is why I failed you in my classes.”
 
Mandy had had just about enough of this. “All right… enough of this.” she snapped. “I came here to become the world's greatest duelist… AND I AIM TO TAKE IT!!”
 
Odion stepped up to the podium. “The last semi-final will now begin. Whoever wins this match will face off against Master Marik for the championship.” he said. “Prepare your decks.”
 
As Mandy and I prepared our duel disks and cards. “This is it, Mykan.” She snapped. “Time to find out which of our Egyptian God Cards is truly the best!”
 
“This is it…” I thought to myself. “I have to win this and take Mandy down… otherwise, everything I fought for will be in vain.”
 
“Begin the match!” cried Odion.
 
“LET'S DUEL!!”
 
 
SCORE: (Mandy: 8000 / Mykan: 8000)
 
Mykan: “All right… here we go. I summon QUEEN'S KNIGHT in defense mode!!”
 
(Atk: 1500 / Def: 1600)
 
“Now, I'll set one card face-down and end my turn.”
 
Mandy: “Whatever.”
 
(Looks at her hand)
 
Mandy's thoughts: “Well… I have My Egyptian God Card already. Crushing Mykan will be easier than I thought. All I have to do is sacrifice three monsters.”
 
“But first… I need to keep Mykan guessing. He probably thinks I'm going to use the same strategy I used on that old-man.”
 
Mykan's thoughts: “I don't need my Millennium-Necklace to tell that Mandy's got something up her sleeve, and I'll bet it's far worse than what she used on Jerry.”
 
Mandy: “Now I summon… X-HEAD CANNON in Attack-mode!!”
 
(Atk: 1800 / Def: 1500)
 
“Now I'll put this Continuous-Spell card into play… SPELL SANCTUARY!!”(Anime card only)
 
“And I'm sure you would know, being the so-call “Teacher” of this game. That is starts out by both of us picking any Magic-Card from our decks and add it to our hands.”
 
“And as long as Spell Sanctuary is in play, we activate Magic cards during our opponents turn if they're set on the field already. Now choose your card.”
 
(Both take cards)
 
Mykan's thoughts: “That was weird… why would Mandy let me take one of my most reliable cards into my hand? Whatever she picked must be part of her strategy. I better be careful.”
 
Mandy: “Now… I'll place one card face-down and end my turn, but just realize that it won't be long before I crush you.”
 
Outside the duel
 
Sabrina was still not allowed out of bed yet, but she gazed over at both Alex and Clover, who were both still out of it. “How are they doing?” she asked.
 
Sam shook her head. “They look so still… so quiet.” she said.
 
This tournament had really taken its toll on them. It was almost too horrible to think who was next, but what worried us the most was… Now that Sabrina was pregnant, what would Marik and Ishizu think?
 
 
Marik was actually quite aggravated as he was soaking his hair under the tap, to cool off from his duel with Alex. He shook his hair all over to dry off and growled angrily.
 
“I cannot not believe it, but it is true!” he growled. “Sabrina is pregnant with Mykan's child… GRAAAH!!!” he punched the mirror with his fist, shattered the glass.
 
“Now even if I win her in the final match… there is no guarantee of her ever bearing a child of my own… Mykan will pay dearly for his actions.” he thought in his head.
 
 
Ishizu was in he bedroom watching over Baby-Erica. She was just as upset as Marik was. “I should be the one with the child… not her!” she growled, softly as not to wake the baby.
 
“Well… it matters not. I stole one child that was meant to be mine, and I shall do it again. You will be mine yet, Mykan.”
 
Back to the duel
 
Mykan: “It's my turn…”
 
(Draws)
 
Mykan's thoughts: “Mandy's X-Head Cannon is stronger, so why didn't she attack? I better keep my eye on her.”
 
Mykan: “I summon… ALPHA THE MAGNET WARRIOR… in defense-mode!”
 
(Atk: 1400 / Def: 1700)
 
“And I shall also play one other card face-down. It's your move Mandy.”
 
Mandy: “If you think you can hide behind your monsters forever… You got another thing coming.”
 
(Draws)
 
“HA!! Perfect! First… I'll activate CHANGE OF HEART… and I'll use it to take control of your Magnet Warrior.”
 
Mykan: “So that's why you spared my monsters.”
 
Mandy: “Duh! You think? Now the stage is set so I can play this card… SOUL EXCHANGE!!”
 
Mykan: “What?! No!”
 
Mandy: “You better believe it… now I get to sacrifice your Queen's Knight, along side my other two monsters so I can bring forth my ultimate beast!”
 
Mykan: “Wrong, Mandy! I don't need to use your Spell Sanctuary to play this Quick-play card… BRAIN CONTROL!!”
 
Mandy: “No!!”
 
Mykan: “Yes. Thanks to my Magic-card… I'll pay 800 of my life points take control of your X-Head Cannon so you no longer have the three monsters you need.”
 
SCORE: (Mandy: 8000 / Mykan: 7200)
 
“Mandy… You won't summon Obelisk that easily!”
 
Mandy: “Humph! So you stopped me this time. Big deal. I knew you'd try and stop me so I had a back up card. Reveal my ENEMY CONTROLER!!”
 
Mykan: “What?!”
 
Mandy: “Now, by paying 1000 life points, I can take control of your monsters.”
 
SCORE: (Mandy: 7000 / Mykan: 7200)
 
“Now… I'll take back my X-Head Cannon so I have all that I need again!”
 
“So, Mykan… still think I'm not the duelist that I know I am? Well you'll see now, as I sacrifice Alpha… Queen's Knight… and my X-Head Cannon… So I can summon…”
 
(Holds her card up high)
 
Mykan: “HOLD ON, MANDY!!”
 
Mandy: “Huh?!”
 
Mykan: “I reveal my trap card… LIGHT FORCE SWORD!!” (Since he knows which card he's choosing… it works.)
 
Mandy: “Hey! My Obelisk!”
 
Mykan: “That's right, Mandy… my trap card makes it so you can't use Obelisk for three turns! Now what was that you were saying about yourself?”
 
Mandy: “GRR!! You may have stopped me now, but You'll have to face Obelisk soon enough!”
 
Mykan: “Perhaps… but now it's my turn.”
 
(Draws)
 
“And since you never scarified any monsters, your Soul Exchange card is no longer in effect, so my monsters return to me. So your Obelisk will have to wait.”
 
Mykan's thoughts: “I have two monsters on the field… all I need is one more, and then I'll have what I need to summon My Egyptian God Card, Slifer the Sky Dragon.”
 
“But first… I have to draw Slifer into my hand… and I still have to worry about Mandy's X-Head Cannon. I don't have anything in my hand that can beat it, so I'll just have to play it safe.”
 
Mykan: “Now I place one Card Face-down, and end my turn leaving my monsters in defense-mode.”
 
Mandy: “Fine! My move!”
 
(Draws)
 
“I play this… Y-DRAGON!!”
 
(Atk: 1500 / Def: 1600)
 
Mykan: “Oh no… I've heard of these monsters.”
 
Mandy: “Really? Then you should know that I can equip my Y-dragon to X-Head Cannon to increase X-Head's attack power by 400 points.”
 
(Atk: 2200)
 
Mandy: “And yes… once I summon My Z-monster… I can make my monster even stronger.”
 
Mykan's thought: “Oh no… once Mandy gets a hold of that Z-Monster, her Dragon Cannon will become so strong I won't be able to take it down so easily.”
 
“Even with my Monsters in defense mode, once my Light0force Sword wears off, Mandy can sacrifice hr three monsters to summon her Egyptian God Card. I have to o something and fast!”
 
Mandy: “Now, X-Y-Cannon head… Destroy his Magnet Warrior!”
 
(Atk: 2200) VS (Def: 1700)
 
(Mykan Growls)
 
Mandy: (Trademark snigger) “Give up yet? Maybe you should just walk away and hand your Egyptian God card over to me!”
 
“Or better yet… stay and let me take it with this… the Magic-Card, LULLABY OF OBEDIENCE!!”(Anime card only)
 
Mykan: “Ah. But that card allows you to take any Level-Eight or higher monster from my deck, and into your hand!”
 
Mandy: “You bet… once I pay 1000 life points…”
 
SCORE: (Mandy: 6000 / Mykan: 7200)
“And I'll bet you know which monster it is I'm choosing… It's your Egyptian God Card, Slifer the Sky Dragon!”
 
(Walks towards Mykan)
 
“Now… hand it over!”
 
(Mykan hands Slifer over)
 
“I wouldn't feel so bad. This card was buried so far in your deck you never would've drawn it anyways.” (Trademark snigger)
 
“Now I have both Egyptian God Cards… just as I deserved them.”
 
Mykan: “Wrong again, Mandy.”
 
Mandy: “Excuse me?”
 
Mykan: “Knowing how reckless and greedy you are with your cards, I suspected that you'd try and take my Sky Dragon from me, so I prepared a little surprise for you.”
 
“Reveal Magic-Card… EXCHANGE!!”
 
Mandy: “AAH!!”
 
Mykan: “Now the both of each take a card from each other… so give Slifer back to me, and then you choose a card from my hand!”
 
(Mykan takes Sifer… Mandy Takes Life Shaver!”
 
“Now Slifer the Sky Dragon is in my hand, thanks to you, and after it was buried so deep in my deck to. In a way… I owe a great deal of thanks to you, Mandy.”
 
Mandy: “You may have gotten Slifer back… but eventually, all three Egyptian God cards will belong to me!”
 
“You and the others will pay dearly for everything you've done to me… and I will show the whole world… JUST HOW GREAT I REALLY AM!!!”
 
TO BE CONTINUED