Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ TOTALLY SPIES: Dueling Dramas Season 2 ❯ Last Chance ( Chapter 44 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR
 
The last of the duel images faded out, and Odion called the match. “The winner of this duel is, Professor Mykan.” he called. “Mykan will advance to the final round and face Mater Marik for the crown of the tournament.”
 
“No!!” cried Mandy. “He can't possibly have beaten me!”
 
After all her hard work in trying to get this far, it was all over for Mandy. Despite her efforts, Mandy was fighting for all the wrong reasons, and in the end it was her own anger and jealousy that did her in.
 
Mandy just stood there looking down at the floor, unable to accept the fact that her dreams of being Number-one, her revenge, everything she struggled for was now beyond her grasp.
 
“It's over.” she cried softly. “I have nothing.”
 
I steeped off the platform and the girls ran towards me. “Way to go Mykan.” cried Sam.
 
I turned to face and them, and was I surprised. “Clover! You're… awake.”
 
Clover winked at me. “Back and fully charged.” she said. “I'm never going to let any creep get the better of me ever again.”
 
Tears began to form in Sam's eyes, and we all huddled together in a big group hug. However, we suddenly realized that were weren't all together.
 
David was still in the sickbay, knocked out, and Alex… she was still locked up in the Shadow Realm, and only if I beat Marik in the final round would I be able to try and rescue her.
 
Still… she was with me after all. Her Red-Eyes Black Dragon helped me to win against Mandy. We won the duel together, and now I had even more reasons to save her.
 
Then I turned to face Mandy, who was still sulking. “Mandy… you may have lost, but this was still one of the most challenging duels I ever faced, and I thank you for such a worth challenge.”
 
Mandy looked up at me with a sneer so fierce, she looked more like a monster than a human. “Why don't do me a favor and keep your pep-talks to yourself?!”
 
Obviously, Mandy hadn't learned anything from our match. Being fueled by her hate, her jealousy, and all her rage… she was doomed from the start.
 
I on the other did what I always did in a duel. I put my faith in my deck, in the Heart of the Cards, and in my friends and loved ones.
 
I stared down at Alex's Red-Eyes Card, and then showed it to Mandy. “This is no ordinary card… its strength and power comes from Alex's heart and the bond of friendship I share with her and the others.” I said.
 
“Which means… I never truly duel alone.”
 
Mandy just continued to be stubborn; she was so caught up in her power and her lust for popularity that she really didn't care about anything I just said.
 
“All I can do now is accept my defeat, and wallow in my misery.” She reached into her deck for a card. “You know the rules of the tournament, and having this card won't help me now… so take it!”
 
… And she tossed to me her rarest card.
 
“Whoa! isn't that Mandy's Egyptian God Card?” asked Sam.
 
“It is…Obelisk the Tormentor.” I said, and I held it and my Slifer card together “Now I have two Egyptian God Cards.”
 
Mandy turned to head for the elevators. “I'm out of here.” she said. “The sooner I get off this lousy island, the better.”
 
“Mandy, wait!” called Clover.
 
Mandy sighed, irritably “Now, what?!” she growled. “Don't you guys get it? I'm finished! I'm through!”
 
“I came to this tournament with the intentions of crushing all the greatest duelists, walking away from here with all three Egyptian God Cards, and finally being recognized as the best of the best, and putting all of you and all the times you've humiliated me in the past.”
 
“Now… I have nothing to show for!”
 
Clover couldn't believe what she was doing, but she went for it. “Look. What is it going to take to get through that thick skull of yours? Can't you see what's happening… we're not dueling to humiliate you or anything?”
 
Mandy just snorted. “Pah! Yeah, right.”
 
“No, it's true.” replied Clover. “You don't seem to realize that the world is in grave danger, and a lot of people are going to get just if we don't win this.”
 
Sam nodded. “Marik and Ishizu have taken over almost all the major companies in the world, and that's forcing everyone… even our dads out of work.” she said. “And unless Mykan beats Marik in the next round, and dissolves all this… everything's over.”
 
Mandy's head perked up. “Huh?”
 
“Mandy… this tournament is more than just a silly game.” I said. “Why, it's almost even a matter of life and death. Marik and Ishizu are holding my baby daughter hostage… they're planning to force me and Sabrina to divorce, so they may then have us all to themselves.”
 
“So if I don't win my next duel…” I paused, “Then… I'm going to lose everything I hold dear to me, and everything I worked so hard to earn.”
 
I finally told Mandy the whole story…
 
I lost my parents as a baby, and I was raised at duel academy which was where I became the top notch duelist and Teacher she knew today.
 
It was also the place where I met Sabrina… the Princess of the island, daughter of the King of the game, and the love of my life.
 
We longed for each other, and yet her father cast me out to sea, and we didn't seen each other for years… not until I got back on my feet and continued believing in my deck.
 
Clover Sam, and Alex helped me find my way back to the island, where we faced off against extremely powerful duelists, and in the end, we brought Sabrina's father to his senses and we finally got together.
 
 
“Do you understand now, Mandy?” I replied. “I duel with heart and strength, as do the girls, and unless you can grasp that, you will never be a true duelist worthy of anything.”
 
Mandy's lips curled as she thought deeply, and then she just kept on walking. “Whatever.” she said. “I'm not interested in anymore of this… Later.”
 
We kept on staring at her until she was out of sight. “Someday, Mandy.” I said. “Someday… you will understand.”
 
 
We all headed back to the ship for a small rest before the last duel… which was only moments away. Moments… just precious moments until I would really be in for it.
 
Marik was in his room preparing his deck for our match. “Mykan… you will pay dearly for everything!” the hissed to himself.
 
He was really mad at me for getting Sabrina pregnant… AGAIN!! Even if he had one the tournament and Sabrina I would have to divorce, he could never possibly be with a woman who has children with another man he loathed and despised.
 
Not to mention, he probably wouldn't be able to have a child of his own with her.
 
“Once I crush Mykan… all three Egyptian God Cards will belong to me and my sister again… and the whole world will be ours to control. Hmm, mm, mm, and no one will be left to deny us again.”
 
He laughed hard, loud, and manically.
 
Ishizu knew nothing of her brother's plans. She was busy in the next room trying to care for Baby-Erica, it becoming quite difficult for her to take care of the baby by herself.
 
Marik was no help, and she didn't trust their servants or anything. “I will have you father yet, my child.” she told the baby. “We will all be together, along with that unborn-child that pesky Princess is carrying.”
 
Poor Ishizu… still had it in her mixed-up head that she and I would end up together after all this was over, and completely unaware that some rather unpleasantness was about to take place.
 
Later on
 
It was time…
 
Odion had announced that the final duel was about to begin. Sabrina who had enough strength to get out of bed now decided to join us. Jerry too.
 
“Steady now, Princess.” Jerry said as he helped her. “Don't put anymore stress on yourself.”
 
“Thank you, Jerry.”
 
Sam, and Clover stuck along side me too.
 
We all steeped off the Elevator at the top of the tower, where Marik and Isihzu were waiting for us. “Hmm, mm, mm! Well, well… look who we have here.” Marik sniggered. “A whole party gathered here to celebrate what's coming to me and my sister.”
 
“MARIK!!! ISHIZU!!!” I shouted. “I have come to this match for only one purpose, and that's to take you both down and undo all the horrible things you have done.”
 
“Mykan, please… will you not come to your senses already?” said Ishizu. “Forget of this nonsense and come be with me where you belong.”
 
“SILENCE!!” shouted Sabrina. “You will never have my husband Ishizu, and once we get back our daughter, you and your cursed brother will be put away for a long, long time.”
 
Marik strongly objected to being called cursed. “Then step up to the platform Mykan, and we will see what happens.” he sneered.
 
Sabrina kissed my cheek for luck, Clover and Sam patted my shoulders, and Jerry shook my hand.
 
“Take them down Mykan.” said Clover.
 
They all knew that I was heading into a great deal of trouble. Even though I had two Egyptian God Cards, and Marik had only one things weren't going to be easy for me.
 
For one thing: In order to summon Obelisk and Slifer, I'd have to sacrifice a total of Six monsters but Marik had ways of summoning Ra without making Sacrifices.
 
This referred back to when he took down Alex. The Winged Dragon Ra had so many special abilities that it was almost unthinkable that anyone, even I could beat it, but friends had complete faith in me.
 
As Marik and I began to prepare our decks. “Wait!” called a voice. Everyone turned and Saw Mandy rushing her way up to the field.
 
“Mandy?” Clover snapped.
 
“What's she doing?” added Sam.
 
Mandy rushed up to the arena. “Mykan… catch!” she called as she tossed me another card.
 
I looked down at the card and gasped in shock. “It's… the Magic card… Fiend Sanctuary.”
 
“Mandy… Why?”
 
Mandy explained that her Magic-card would probably be very useful in my duel with Marik. She had been studding Ra ever since it was played, and had been working on a strategy to beat it.
 
“Mykan… I realized what you said earlier.” she snapped. “But get something straight… I'm doing this because I don't want the world to be ruined, not because I understand what you believe in.”
 
Sam and Clover thought it was a bad thing that Mandy gave me one of her cards, and thought I should just toss it right back…. But to their surprise I was already shuffling it into my deck.
 
“Mykan?!”
 
“Are you crazy?”
 
“Girls, really?” said Jerry. “For the first time, Mandy is trying to help, and we should at least let her.”
 
“I agree.” said Sabrina. “Mykan needs all the help he can get, an dif Mandy says that that card can help out, I believe her.”
 
I turned to look back at Mandy. “Thank you, Mandy.” I said “This card could very well help me defeat Marik and save the world.”
 
Mandy just snuffed. “Look… I already told you why I did what I did, so get anything else rolling through your head.”
 
“Ha! It doesn't matter to me what card she gave you… nothing will spare you from the furry of Ra.” Marik chuckled.
 
“That's enough, Marik!” growled. “I will defeat you, and I will undo every wicked thing you and your sister have created.”
 
Odion announced that duel was ready to begin. “The winner of this match shall receive the championship crown, as well as the 15-millon Dollar prize.” He said. “Duelists, cut and shuffle your opponents decks.”
 
Once the decks were shuffled, Marik made his move. “It is time Mykan… time for you to ENTER THE SHADOWS!!” He raised his Millennium Rod and in an instant, the duel became a Shadow-Game.
 
“Brother! What are you doing?” cried Ishizu.
 
“Uh, hello?” cried Clover. “Will someone tell me what gives with all this dark, stormy, thing or whatever?” When Sam answered her and told her of what was going on. “Ah, No-Way?!”
 
“This is just like when Alex went up against him.” Sam said. “If Mykan loses this duel, then--”
 
“He'll be gone!” cried Sabrina. “Mykan!”
 
Marik laughed with evil. “Correct.” he said. “But I can assure you that this will be no ordinary as the Shadow Game I had against your friend. I've thrown in a few twists.”
 
He raised his Millennium Rod into the air. “Behold another one of my victims.”
 
Suddenly, out from nowhere, Alex appeared over my head, and looked as though she was shackled to the darkness itself. “Huh? Hey! What's going on?”
 
“Oh no!” I cried. “Alex!”
 
The others were all shocked by this too.
 
“Ha, ha, ah, ah! That's correct Mykan.” Marik growled. “You are not the only one who will be in danger here. You're friend is already in a great ordeal, and even she is not all there is either.”
 
He raised his Millennium Rod again, and over his head appeared David, who still seemed to be unconscious. “David!” cried Clover. “Okay… this is really starting to creep me out.”
 
“Marik! What is the meaning of this!” I snarled.
 
Marik explained how the Shadow Game was going to work.
 
As usual, the loser would be sent to the Shadows forever, but how exactly did this involve Alex and David?
 
Marik explained that as each of us lost life points the person hanging over our heads would lose a bit of themselves into the darkness. So whoever lost the duel, the duelist they were linked to would lose with them.
 
“And since your friend up there has already been banished to the Shadow Realm, once I defeat you, her memory will be completely erased and she won't remember anything or anyone she ever knew before.”
 
This was insane. If I lost the duel, then Alex and I would be finished… but if I won, then David would be banished to the Shadow Realm too. The way things were going. “The Shadows will calim and innocent soul no matter who wins this duel.”
 
“It's all over for you Mykan. Ha, ha, ha, ah, ah, ah!! AH, HA, HA, HA, AH, AH, AH!!”